VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree- the public persona of JM and his unwillingness to come forward voluntarily either before or after he was identified by LE don't jive. I believe that a "good Christian" would feel compelled to help provide information that could help find/save a girl that he was the last one to have contact with. Of course, that's assuming he isn't the one to have caused her to disappear. I do find it hard to believe that all the seemingly positive things we know about him(i.e. volunteer coaching at a Christian school, going to church , having a dog who he took the time to make sure was cared for etc) he would have done solely to create a smokescreen so people would not suspect him as a predator. Maybe I'm just naive.
I'm the one who has worked around JM but do not know him. I may have spoken to him once or twice but only in passing.
It's really inconceivable.

Being a 'good Christian' doesn't mean one has no self-preservation skills or that should have blind trust in the legal system to always and only do good. Even Christians hire lawyers and follow the advice of lawyers. I don't get this linking him being a Christian to the expectation that even though he is the #1 and only suspect in a missing person case that he shouldn't protect himself or his rights in any way.

My family is a 'good' Christian family. We also were caught up in a court case in which a crime was committed. Initially my family was on the very periphery of the case but then police were given some misinformation and we got sucked in. The media went wild - about 50% of what they printed was 100% false, about 25% was truth that was twisted and out of context and about 25% was truth. The police were vicious and also tried to use pressure tactics to get my parents to 'confess'. Our lawyers told us to say absolutely nothing - nothing about the truth, nothing about anything. Eventually the facts of the case were sorted out in court (although the media never got it even close to right) and my family was once again forgotten. That experience taught me that 'good' Christian or not, one has to legally protect themselves as my family almost lost everything we had because of misinformation.

You know, I wonder if MH's killer's rape victim contacted Cville LE with a positive ID of JM, that would explain why LE is so "determined".

They have DNA from those two cases so all they need is JM's DNA to see if it is a match

Morgan Harrington's mother being interviewed by Jane Velez Mitchell now, re possible connection in the cases...

Do we know for a fact that JM told LE that Hannah was never in his car? We know Grandma says JM told HER that...but that is not the same thing. Lying to Grandma is not against the law. Just wondering...I keep seeing posters say he told LE that.

Interesting.

His landlady admits shes had problems with him before and now hes suddenly pleasant to her and "seemed like a totally different person"??

The he shows up unannounced at the police station and has a very "cordial" talk with a police officer?

In the midst of a police investigation that involves a missing girl......... where hes a person of interest?

Something seems incredibly off about that to my way of thinking. Almost as if someone is putting on an act to try and fool everyone around them.

Especially when his actions dont match his demeanor.

I would definitely be cooperative with police were I in a situation like his but I doubt anyone would describe me as cordial or pleasant given the gravity of the situation and the likelihood that a young girl is dead or still missing.

JMO

I can't speak for other people, but I walk with "purpose" when I'm afraid or nervous. I want to look like I know what I'm doing even if I'm unsure about my surroundings. Hence, I pick up my pace and move as assertively as I can--I don't want people to know I'm really lost because that makes me appear vulnerable, and haven't we all been told not to look like a victim?

The other possibility is that HG really thought she knew where she was going part of the evening. It's possible--I watched a young woman, who was speaking to her friends on a phone, insist she was heading toward Main Street and would be there directly. She was speaking clearly and loudly and moving rapidly, though the scent of alcohol followed her. The problem? She was walking directly away from Main Street. She felt she knew where she was.

To take my WAG regarding no DNA matches yet one step further, what if JM knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the forensics will come back negative and that is what he is waiting for before talking to LE?

?? That makes no sense to me. If he knows that already then why not speak with the police right away? He could tell them 'you aren't going to find any DNA that matches me.'

By doing it this way and eluding police it looks like he is running from something and has something to hide.

Its like he is laying low waiting for the other shoe to drop.

IMO

Didn't WG say he backed off because she looked like she was in safe hands or with a friend?

Would love to know more about that.

I wonder the age of WG and why he was there at the mall alone at 1:00 a.m. not that it's illegal but it didn't appear that he was heading anywhere with purpose which is strange to me for that hour.

Do we know for a fact that JM told LE that Hannah was never in his car? We know Grandma says JM told HER that...but that is not the same thing. Lying to Grandma is not against the law. Just wondering...I keep seeing posters say he told LE that.

Not that I've seen.

JM WAS provided an attorney. JM spoke to that attorney for about an hour. JM left the PD without speaking to LE. Longo would NOT release the name of the attorney because he didn't know if JM had retained the attorney.

Those are the facts straight from Longo at a press conference.
He was provided a list of attorneys by the CPD. No police department provides attorneys,especially to people they want to question,,,conflict of interest

On Greta van Sustern p, former detective Ted Williams just said that witnesses in JM's apartment complex saw him with a white girl, but she did not match HG's description.

On the night HG disappeared?

I doubt that happened. I think she was suppose to meet one or more friends at a bar. I think she was looking for a bar because of her behavior at McGrady's bar and she was mainly walking on main roads if she was looking for a house party she would be on side streets in the residential area. I think JM forced himself onto HG by putting his arm around her and she put on a fake smile and acted friendly to him when deep down she may have felt like he was a creeper.

But her friends were at the house party not far from where they started the night. If she was looking for a specific bar at the start of the night she would have called her friends to say hey I can't find you or I can't get in. Ok, maybe he did put his arms around her, but he took her inside another bar. A bar that had people. She could have easily slipped into the bathroom or sent a text right in front of him telling her friends, "Hey, this creepy guy put his arms around me." As far as we know there is not mention of him, rather odd.

I realise that light relief & jokes may sound callous. However, IMO, & experience, they are very necessary to keeping sane through difficult circumstances.

I was involved, years ago, in a messy/difficult court case, and you (not you personally, but a general "you") would very likely be horrified at the black humour we employed to get us through. JMO.

I get that, I don't think anyone is trying to be cruel, however to my knowledge the people joking here are not Hannah's friends and family which makes it very different than something happening to oneself.

I found this forum because it popped up as the third result from a very simple google web search on Hannah. I have to assume that this same page popped up for friends or family looking too.

Oh my gosh! I can't keep up with you guys---everything's being repeated (I've done it myself). I can't keep up! If there's an emoji for being out of breathe, im it!

Transportation center?

If she wanted to get from McGrady's back to the Corner, she'd walk there. (Maybe she wanted to go downtown to go downtown...but it wasn't to find a bus - this mainly doesn't make sense because UVA students don't know anything about Town of Charlottesville busses, and it doesn't compute given the distances).

Is there a link to an area map with the various points we are discussing in this case? TIA

MH shirt was found on a bush in front of an apartment that is on the same street as HG's apartment it is few minutes walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB