VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope LE has something big they are not sharing with us...

My guess is that Longo has been getting tidbits of information from the guys over at the forensics lab. Although, all of the testing isn't complete, some of it most likely is, and it pointed towards Mathews. I think that may be why things got so ratcheted up this afternoon with the missing poster and all.
They want to locate this guy ASAP so they can slap the cuffs on him when all tests are completed.

I have followed here since Casey Anthony and I post occasionally. This case concerns me and I don't have a good feeling about it. People don't just disappear into thin air most of the time. But I must admit, I am concerned about some of the conversations regarding the POI. I understand sleuthing someone and trying to come up with some answers, but this man is innocent until proven guilty. If LEO doesn't have enough to arrest him for Hannah's disappearance, then who are we to say that he did it and may be connected to other cases?

BBM. Not in my world. I'm a researcher, albeit in specific domains. We look at the DM, & Wikipedia, sometimes, for starters, then follow up quoted references & other links .... OT, methinks, however.

makes sense...obviously there are more "credible" sources such as ones you cite, and there are ones you reference when you want the word on the street. In my opinion...it is all part of research...and the researcher has to know what to sift out, keep, throw away. But the fact is, there is usually a nugget in there worth looking over.

Yeah. That was bad.

However, knowing a bit about how the Daily Fail functions, & that it has deep pockets, I suspect it (Daily Mail/Fail) told grandma that it would publish name anyway, but offered $$$ for her side of the story.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Could money have been solicited in order to pay for JM's escape? Just a thought...

But if he was responsible for previous high profile cases, or at least locally known, would he risk being seen with Hannah on so many cameras and by so many people? He would high five a woman, talk to a group of guys then abduct Hannah? Not saying things like that are impossible or that you are wrong, it just strikes me as odd behavior of an experienced criminal. But then again, I know nothing!

Most people do not act as though they are aware of being on camera even though they should know they are. The number of surveilllance cameras have skyrocketed in the last 5 years, and even the younger generation, cops, perps have yet to get it that they have to act lke they are on film because it's highly likely they are. You see nurses slapping old patients when they have to know there is a camera right there. The fact of the matter is that it's still very rare that anyone goes back and views the footage. Too tiresome, too difficulut. In some buildings, I've seen so many cameras going simultaneously. To have to view them all for a few hours of real time, each ot them is a painstakingly long process, and the quality is poor. So people have not yet gotten used to being tracked this way yet, for the most part.

Frankly, I could not id anyone from the footage. I can only see what has been described to me to see. No way I'd be able to pick anyone out of a line up if they were similar looking just from the videos.

There is somebody behind her, but they are some distance away. Most videos of the shell footage edit it out completely. Also, if you watch the McGrady footage nobody during that footage follows her or even walks west down that sidewalk. It could possibly be a random person, or not.

But her friends were at the house party not far from where they started the night. If she was looking for a specific bar at the start of the night she would have called her friends to say hey I can't find you or I can't get in. Ok, maybe he did put his arms around her, but he took her inside another bar. A bar that had people. She could have easily slipped into the bathroom or sent a text right in front of him telling her friends, "Hey, this creepy guy put his arms around me." As far as we know there is not mention of him, rather odd.

Right, she must have felt fine with JM while at the bar. Maybe he said, I'll give you a ride to the party or home since she left with him. If she was scared, she didn't have to leave with him if she was creeped out.

I don't know if this has been linked or not.

If it has I apologize.

Updated 1 hour ago:

Charlottesville police have released a wanted poster in their search for Jesse "LJ" Matthew, the person they say was last seen with missing Northern Virginia native Hannah Graham.

Matthew, 32, was last seen speeding away from state police troopers Saturday after showing up at the Charlottesville police station. He left without talking to detectives after asking for a lawyer, police Chief Timothy Longo said Sunday.
He is wanted for two counts of reckless driving, and is possibly using his sister's light blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC-4575.

Police say Matthew has associations to the D.C. area, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New York.

Charlottesville police say they are awaiting forensic lab results today after searches of Matthew's apartment and car. The chief has said police are aware of the similarities between the disappearance of Graham, an 18-year-old West Potomac High School graduate and University of Virginia student, and the 2009 murder of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, who disappeared at a concert in Charlottesville.

Investigators have matched DNA in the Harrington case to an unsolved rape in Fairfax city in 2005. The suspect in that case matches Matthew's description. Click here for the FBI's composite sketch.

Anyone with information is asked to call the 24-hour tip line at 434-295-3851.

http://m.insidenova.com/headlines/u...1c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html?mode=jqm

JM's sis must be a very trusting soul if she did, in fact, lend her car to JM....

Especially after witnessing the condition of his own car.... Kwim?

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member