VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, JLM takes off with a passenger to elude police. I assume the passenger was a relative. If he/she is still with JLM, he/she can be considered an accessory-after-the-fact now that JLM has been charged. If the passenger has returned, has LE talked to him/her as to JLM's possible whereabouts? Who has the car?

For all those that have a hard time finding a new thread. Up on the top left under the big 'Websleuths' logo you can click 'New Posts' When a case is active and busy that is a quick and easy way to find what you may be looking for. Hannahs threads have almost been constantly at the top of the list this week ;)

Sad, Hannah Graham posted on her twitter account Aug. 30:

Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight #hoosgotyourback

So, JLM takes off with a passenger to elude police. I assume the passenger was a relative. If he/she is still with JLM, he/she can be considered an accessory-after-the-fact now that JLM has been charged. If the passenger has returned, has LE talked to him/her as to JLM's possible whereabouts? Who has the car?

His mother was the passenger, allegedly
LE say his family are cooperating

Thank you. I asked that question. I'll ask it again in a separate post. :)

I don't know how to carry a post from the previous thread like some others do, but I would hope one of the lawyers could answer someone's question that, I'm paraphrasing, asks if it is ethical for a lawyer who knows his client has arrest warrants and knows where he is to not tell LE or bring him in to turn himself in. Good question.

it was posted here yesterday either a tweet or a link that longo said the family was being cooperative for whatever thats worth. IIRC it was his mother.

Is it ethical for an attorney to continue representing a client who has warrants, and the attorney knows where the client is, but the client refuses to turn himself in?

Is the attorney ethically obligated to quit representing the client?

Is it ethical for an attorney to continue representing a client who has warrants, and the attorney knows where the client is, but the client refuses to turn himself in?

Is the attorney ethically obligated to quit representing the client?

I don't know, but I seem to recall Perry Mason keeping his clients away from the police all the time.

I just realized today that Chief Longo is a lawyer. How did I miss this??? This case is making me go loopy.:crazy:

Uh huh. Thought y'all got rid of me, eh?? And I thought I was in Time-Out. :jail: LOL

But I found ya!

So JM's attorney spoke but said nothing. Legal people? Would it be expected that LE would be encouraging said attorney to have the suspect turn himself in ASAP? Or is that something that isn't done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH