Hannah Graham: The Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks to be right in the middle of charlottesville and lynchburg.

it's outlined in dotted red lines
https://www.google.com/maps/place/N...2!3m1!1s0x89b3131dbf43437f:0x58484e8db900d4e6

maybe they are looking in the forested area on the NW side of the county.

"new information" leading to this search area is encouraging

Thanks for the Map justwannahelp! I noticed there is a locale called Arrington in Nelson Co. I hope they search there. Just a gut feeling because it rhymes with 'Harrington'. :thinking:

Very interesting!!!
I just don't know what to think at this point. Longo does not strike me as the type who says things without good reason. I do think he must have real reason to believe HG could still be alive, despite statistics and despite searching grounds for a body. He seems like a sharp one. And not one to blurt out random Pollyanna quotes for the sake of it...

In all the cases I've followed, LE always says this until a body is found unless there's overwhelming forensic evidence to the contrary (like a large amount of blood found, etc). It's not impossible that Hannah is alive, but it's highly unlikely at this point.

the appalachian trail
http://www.2havefun.com/virginia/maps/nelsoncounty.shtml

maybe they are searching along blue ridge parkway? locals, is that like a scenic route that runs through mountain valleys parallel to 29? would it make sense for him to have gone down blue ridge pky?

if so, they will need to call in the drones to search again.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Blueridgeparkwaylookingglassrock.jpg

i'm surprised the family hasn't asked LE to negotiate with him in exchange for Hannah's location. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but as a mom, I don't think I could handle not having a body for a funeral. I would need that "closure" - the gaping wound of such a loss never closes, I'm sure, but you know what I mean.

couldn't they give him life in prison rather than the death penalty in exchange for Hannah's location? Maybe it's still too soon for such negotiations.

the appalachian trail

maybe they are searching along blue ridge parkway? locals, is that like a scenic route that runs through mountain valleys parallel to 29? would it make sense for him to have gone down blue ridge pky?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Blueridgeparkwaylookingglassrock.jpg

i'm surprised the family hasn't asked LE to negotiate with him in exchange for Hannah's location. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but as a mom, I don't think I could handle not having a body for a funeral. I would need that "closure" - the gaping wound of such a loss never closes, I'm sure, but you know what I mean.

couldn't they give him life in prison rather than the death penalty in exchange for Hannah's location? Maybe it's still too soon for such negotiations.

From my research and imo-only, many psychopathic sexual predators begin their deviant behavior during adolescence(aprox age 14). This is the age that many, if not most cross the threshold from fantasy(many times *advertiser censored* induced)to dark reality. Many, if not most sexual predators/serial killers have two selves; good Jesse is empathetic, selfless, polite, courteous and shows remorse(teddy bear) and evil Jesse(polar opposites). Evil Jesse does not have empathy for others, is filled with unbridled violent rage, and has no human emotions; analogous to a mountain lion. Evil Jesse would be extremely quick & deep thinking/instinctive, creative, calculating, manipulating, and deflective, imo.
Imo, this may explain the various descriptions of JM by family, friends, and coworkers, etc. They would not have ever been allowed to witness evil Jesse..
Another common denominator that keeps cropping up time and time again since the CA speed freak killers of the 1980s is meth/molly. Although there has been no mention of JM's drug involvement. I wouldn't be surprised if this info emerges eventually..

I had mentioned the cedar tree in the background where MH's remains were located in a previous post. Most folks prolly rolled their eyes and disregarded this observation. Good religious Jesse would have likely shown remorse after evil Jesse's violent murders of his innocent victims.. Burial rituals may be indicated, imo..

the appalachian trail

It's a scenic 2-lane highway that runs on top of the Blue Ridge east of the Shenandoah valley. It's a popular place for touring - whether on bicycle, motor cycle, or car - and enjoying the scenery. There are several very popular hiking trails off of it, and the Appalachian trail runs right next to it. It is pretty quiet at night. There are several scenic view along cliffs.

From my research and imo-only, many psychopathic sexual predators begin their deviant behavior during adolescence(aprox age 14). This is the age that many, if not most cross the threshold from fantasy(many times *advertiser censored* induced)to dark reality. Many, if not most sexual predators/serial killers have two selves; good Jesse is empathetic, selfless, polite, courteous and shows remorse(teddy bear) and evil Jesse(polar opposites). Evil Jesse does not have empathy for others, is filled with unbridled violent rage, and has no human emotions; analogous to a mountain lion. Evil Jesse would be extremely quick & deep thinking/instinctive, creative, calculating, manipulating, and deflective, imo.
Imo, this may explain the various descriptions of JM by family, friends, and coworkers, etc. They would not have ever been allowed to witness evil Jesse..
Another common denominator that keeps cropping up time and time again since the CA speed freak killers of the 1980s is meth/molly. Although there has been no mention of JM's drug involvement. I wouldn't be surprised if this info emerges eventually..

I had mentioned the cedar tree in the background where MH's remains were located in a previous post. Most folks prolly rolled their eyes and disregarded this observation. Good religious Jesse would have likely shown remorse after evil Jesse's violent murders of his innocent victims.. Burial rituals may be indicated, imo..

Yes. BSL buried Mickey in an old graveyard.

Can the drones fly around in wooded areas? Would drones have been able to detect MH's location where she was found?

MOD NOTE: OFF TOPIC posts will be removed.

Can the drones fly around in wooded areas? Would drones have been able to detect MH's location where she was found?

Apparently MH's body was in very, very deep, heavy grass when dumped. Not found for months later until it was thinned due to winter. DOn't know if drones could have gone through such heavy growth. Don't know if people can.

Some property I know with that kind of growth and very uneven ground with ditches and grooves throughout, you can hide a car until you stepped on top of it not notice it If you just put enough dirt on it it can easiy be buried. Those fields can swallow just about anything the way the terrain is. Almost as bad as a swamp. A forest ican be so much easier.

I know that the search is including drones form Va Tech and certain agencies have been using helicopters in the search, but what about aerial photography? Surely there might be someone willing to donate/volunteer that service.

It may seem redundant because they're using drones and helicopters but both methods rely on human eyes viewing a moving image. Unless I'm mistaken - they could be photographing as well - I'm not familiar with how that works. With aerial photography, you have the benefit of capturing an acre + at a time and it's amazing how many ground disturbances you pick up from viewing them.

Knew a person that had this done upon completion of their home and you could still easily pick up were they had uprooted a tree 8 months prior on the land.

Just a thought. Was hoping she would be found yesterday with the fantastic ground search they've been doing but getting a little worried they may scale it back before anything of significance is found.

****This is not to assume she was buried, just to say it's easy to notice anomalies in terrain with this method.

Twitter
Mike Murillo
@MikeMurilloWTOP
In addition to a drone, a plane with high def images - down to 3 inches - will be used in search for #HannahGraham. @WTOP

looks like they are

Yes. BSL buried Mickey in an old graveyard.
Hopefully JM will give up HG's remains location, as did BSL(LA).
For those that didn't follow the ULL Coed Mickey Shunick(07/2012)abduction investigation. Sexual predator/serial killer Brandon Scott Lavergne, a stranger abducted her on her bicycle(bump & grab). BSL murdered and buried her in a shallow grave covered with limbs/brush in a historic 1800s cemetery miles away in a different police jurisdiction.

I don't know....sometimes I think maybe WG had it in his head to try to "hit on" Hannah - you know, flirt, etc.. Maybe he had some idea that he might be able to score, but in an innocent, normal way. But then she was walking too fast and then he saw JM come up to her, so he discarded that idea.

I think something along these lines is the most logical explanation.

Yes, and another thing to consider is if he is married or not. Because if married or if he has a serious girlfriend, maybe he asked LE to give the story about how he was concerned about her, rather than saying, hey he was interested in her for other reasons. YKWIM?

plus considering she was drunk and more importantly what ended up happening to her it would be in poor taste to describe it as it was. I would imagine he told LE what was up, but they just sanitized it in a way that is not relevant to helping find her before putting it out.

Thank-you, it is encouraging, maybe someone called in a tip, or someone talked.

Leah, your question of whether or not Nelson is "far" from where Hannah went missing is a hard one. The city of Charlottesville is surrounded by hundreds (if not thousands) of acres and square miles of counties. The counties run from "big city" to "big city" with hardly anything in between.

People who live in those counties frequent the big cities around them. So, for someone who lives in Nelson, it would not be unusual for him to work in Charlottesville, making that drive every day. Their kids might do extracurricular activities in Charlottesville, so they'd make that (additional) drive every day. They might go to Charlottesville once a week or once a month to go shopping.

Same with Lynchburg to the south, same with Richmond to the east, Staunton to the north, etc.

It is "close" to where MH was found, and the same county where AM went missing and was last seen. And it is en route to Lynchburg from Charlottesville. FWIW.

In all the cases I've followed, LE always says this until a body is found unless there's overwhelming forensic evidence to the contrary (like a large amount of blood found, etc). It's not impossible that Hannah is alive, but it's highly unlikely at this point.

agree plus if they end up having to go to trial without a body and they said they thought she was dead publicly then the defense could argue that they never even considered the idea that she just ran off.

the appalachian trail

first they have to show him enough proof for him to believe a conviction is almost a sure thing and there is a good chance of getting the DP.

Lots of good fishing spots I bet. If JLM learned something from each crime, then what did he learn from Morgan? To hide the body really, really well so it won't be found with his DNA.

For those who know more about the psychology of killers - if they have a pattern of burying the body, can they break that pattern and, for example, start putting them in a body of water?

looks like it's mostly George Washington National Park - mountains, creeks, fields :(
NOT an easy area to search

http://www.nelsoncountylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/BRP-Nelson1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members