Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she's finally becoming aware that her few fans have been filling her ears full of baloney about the level of public support she has.

That is my guess too. Since she has been somewhat "isolated" (*snicker*), I bet she had a false view of how well liked she was in the public.

I'm glad these are closed-door hearings. The jury should be protected, IMO. They are being asked to dedicate some months of their lives & make a very serious decision. Questions asked of them are really no one else's business but those who need to choose the jury.

I think court houses/rooms should be made with a separate room with a two-way mirror for the jurors to sit in during trial.
This way no one can see who they are, what they look like, or watch their expressions. They could have a total separate entrance from the public.
The jury would be able to see and hear what is going on at trial, but not be seen or heard.
Of course this would be after the final members of the jury were selected.
They have in place the jury box, just encase it with plaster board and 2way mirrors.

:moo: my opinion and all that jazz.

eta: at least be shielded from the public portion of the court room

I know very little of dp and what happens but my opinion is it would have been far better to cut the loss to taxpayers now...and seems like dp in the unlikely event they will give it to her (almost sure to be a stealth onboard) will afford her many more opportunities for grandstanding and taking up the courts' time.

The problem is that the only way JM can assure she never gets out is to get her the death penalty, otherwise it's possible the judge could make her eligible for parole down the road.

I think court houses/rooms should be made with a separate room with a two-way mirror for the jurors to sit in during trial.

This way no one can see who they are, what they look like, or watch their expressions.

They could have a total separate entrance from the public.
The jury would be able to see and hear what is going on at trial, but not be seen or heard.
Of course this would be after the final members of the jury were selected.
They have in place the jury box, just encase it with plaster board and 2way mirrors.

:moo: my opinion and all that jazz.

eta: at least be shielded from the public portion of the court room

RBBM: And may I add :

Then the defendant, Jodi Arias, would NOT be able to make eye-contact with the jurors . . . ;) at the jurors . . . etc.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi asked for more time to question jurors...Judge says 45 min is enough but will give more time if necessary #jodiarias

Here's an idea... If the judge thinks 45 mins is enough, then Nurmi can have as much additional time as he wants ... but all of it is considered pro bono and the state won't pay anyone on the team for that extra time.

I bet he could finish in 45 mins then, even though while on the clock he can't seem to conversate what the color of the sky is in 45 mins.

Zuri...why would she even have such an account given her high profile husband in this crazy crazy case and just shut down in March? And the You Tube stuff...why??? I would have to say Det. Flores is less than smart if he knew this and did not ask her to get off the internet. Lots of us live just fine without posting on line nonstop.

I totally agree with you. Detective Flores was not happy with his wife. She should not have done what she did, although seemingly minor, and not enough to cause a mistrial. I dont think He had any idea his wife was talking so much, and upon revelation, her tweeting was shut down.

Was it in the best taste? No. Was it smart? No. Hopefully, she has learned her lesson. I believe The Court was aware of this in March. I was under the impression this was resolved back when it happened.

The problem is that the only way JM can assure she never gets out is to get her the death penalty, otherwise it's possible the judge could make her eligible for parole down the road.

okay then it is necessary...but everyone keeps saying the judge will give her wlop which is fine with me.

Thanks so much for posting. It's another poorly written motion by Nurmi. I can't believe the number of mistakes and I'm only on page 5! Was there no one to proof read?

Ya don't crank out the motions as often as he does by paying attention to spelling, grammar and associated literary rules. ;)

I wish the judge would just shut this whole circus down and give the freak LWOP and end it.

I totally agree with you. Detective Flores was not happy with his wife. She should not have done what she did, although seemingly minor, and not enough to cause a mistrial. I dont think He had any idea his wife was talking so much, and upon revelation, her tweeting was shut down.

Was it in the best taste? No. Was it smart? No. Hopefully, she has learned her lesson. I believe The Court was aware of this in March. I was under the impression this was resolved back when it happened.

Oh so it was confirmed it was her tweeting?

I wish the judge would just shut this whole circus down and give the freak LWOP and end it.

Can she? Does the judge have the power at this point, while the state still wants the DP?

If JSS can do this, I too wish she would. But I do not think she can unless the state says, OK, we will take the DP off the table and end this trial now.

Again...I know little to nothing of AZ law except that as long as the state is going for DP only a jury can decide it.

When reading the motion, I am seeing Arias & hearing her complain to her attorneys. Not because I want to. She is just all over those first twenty pages. I think all the "ideas" came from her and Nurmi or Willmott organized the cant and provided the citations. The killer was no doubt adamant that she wanted this covered, that covered and this too. We can also gather such to be the case because of her recent urge & motivation to represent herself. In order to pacify Miss Borderline, they yielded to her demands, "It's my LIFE at stake here!" So doing, they may not have kept the peace but they succeeded in splashing some tinder that was beginning to smoke & burn. The content--these numerous allegations--lack merit but at least the motion was acceptably and professionally put together.

5ehy3u3y.jpg

Yikes, I hope the child is ok, but wow, what a lovely area!

My personal favorites were on page 10 regarding JM attacking Ms. Willmont at the bench conference. First that she should go back to law school and second if JM were married to her he would *advertiser censored**ing kill himself. Maybe JM thought he was speaking in terms of facts at the time he was replying to whatever JW said to him. We never see that portion of the conversation written down. I think defense needs to get over it. jmo

Thanks so much for posting. It's another poorly written motion by Nurmi. I can't believe the number of mistakes and I'm only on page 5! Was there no one to proof read?

Who really wrote it? I know it is 'typed' but if 'she' wrote it and said to file it, maybe her attorny's told their office to type it as written....people would know it was not really from them, if the public really thought it out.
(Sorry for typos...ipad is doing its own thing....and it just wanted to write it thong for thing....GRRR I tried to catch it all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member