Ebola outbreak - general thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
where they are staying is repulsive and we are better than that...

Okay so let's assume some of us were in the same situation (isolated in an apartment with our loved ones, presumably no washer/dryer, but they had a hot water and a sink/bathtub).

Instead of living in ebola infected squalor I would have asked for sheets, plastic mattress liners, gloves, and BLEACH. At the very very least they would have given them bleach! Then I would start to clean the place myself and throw the infected linens into a closet or back room.

It sounds to me like these "poor people" were just living there without even TRYING to disinfect and protect themselves? I do think if they DID try to clean the place the media would have reported that. The woman had kids living with her, she should have at least TRIED to protect them.

I'm one of those people who have been following this ebola outbreak for months on news and websites but didn't even realize we had a forum for it until it got to the US.. Otherwise I probably would have been on it discussing this stuff instead of just researching on my own. I usually just search new posts and saw it on the first page.. I'm sure there are a lot of WS folks in the same situation..

Same here! I was pretty excited when I found it too! I just discovered the "Crimes in the News" recently as well. Man I love websleuths :heartbeat:

Alex Witt on MSNBC just said presser any minute now from CDC

Okay so let's assume some of us were in the same situation (isolated in an apartment with our loved ones, presumably no washer/dryer, but they had a hot water and a sink/bathtub).

Instead of living in ebola infected squalor I would have asked for sheets, plastic mattress liners, gloves, and BLEACH. At the very very least they would have given them bleach! Then I would start to clean the place myself and throw the infected linens into a closet or back room.

It sounds to me like these "poor people" were just living there without even TRYING to disinfect and protect themselves? I do think if they DID try to clean the place the media would have reported that. The woman had kids living with her, she should have at least TRIED to protect them.

I'ts not a sin to be poor but it is to be dirty, JMOO..........why didn't they try to rinse/wash sheets in hot water and hang over banister to dry? Why didn't they clean up the vomit on sidewalk? No pride? no education? I do not care where you come from people are clean or dirty, ambitious or lazy..........JMOO and yes my family were immigrants 100 years ago also.

If you handle anyone sick and you live in an epidemic area you should automatically assume they have Ebola. He knew. The pregnant woman was so late in the disease state that she died the next day, she likely had obvious hemorrhagic symptoms. Even bystanders knew he was helping an Ebola victim. It is sad that being a kind human being can get you sick, but that is the reality. IMO it makes him selfish and stupid to come home and risk getting sick around his family and in a country that is not affected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wonder what would be so important that he would not go to work? What was he doing? Was he not feeling well? I know he had no fever..........but doesn't aspirin take away fever?

I edited my post upthread, but will repeat here with a link to a good article from a Liberian newspaper:
http://www.liberianobserver.com/news/desperate-attempt-survive

At his former work place, SafeWay Cargo (licensed agent for FedEx) on Broad Street in central Monrovia, Mr. Duncan, as a driver, reportedly was involved in a car accident which he claimed was caused by a puncture of one of the tires. Workers there speculate that having acquired an American visa, he did not care and never returned to work afterwards.

“I was surprised to hear that he had arrived in the United States,” said a former co-worker who spoke to the Daily Observer.

A source at FedEx in Monrovia said Mr. Duncan apparently knew he was suffering from the disease and that his best chance of survival was reaching to the United States, a position that a family source denied, when we sought confirmation.

I'ts not a sin to be poor but it is to be dirty, JMOO..........why didn't they try to rinse/wash sheets in hot water and hang over banister to dry? Why didn't they clean up the vomit on sidewalk? No pride? no education? I do not care where you come from people are clean or dirty, ambitious or lazy..........JMOO and yes my family were immigrants 100 years ago also.

I agree with you but honestly if I thought I was dealing with ebola you wouldn't have been able to pay me enough to touch any of those sheets or anything in that house.. Without a biohazard suit and proper attire you're just infecting yourself.. Yea I know being dirty and trashy is no way to live

Dr. Frieden way to stop ebola is contact tracing

114 people assessed who may or may not have had contact
Identified 9 individuals who are definite contacts

He lied on travel documents to get here...............ok
BUT once in USA why didn't he immediately tell the truth to get help?
He should of said "I as exposed to Ebola helping a neighbor"
told his girlfriend and family..........stay away from me
go a room by himself if hospital turned him away.
He deliberatly put his family here in danger and he KNEW!!!
He had choices and he is not stupid.
Unforgiveable JMOO
I hope he has to work and pay the expenses of this back to the taxpayers!
but with our society he probably will get freebies instead

40 people can't be ruled out and are being monitored

Where is the 1 person they cannot reach to monitor?

can take 72 hours for people being tested to get result

US can't be at zero risk until the ebola is dealt with in West Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members