Ebola outbreak - general thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How warm and fuzzy! If Texas is going to put such funds into this family (60K) so far, the State could go bankrupt if this spreads (as I assume it will). Why is this family getting a new house, new computers (to home school), food paid for by the county. All because Duncan lied about being with an Ebola patient. I'm going to also assume that they will pick up the tab for the hospital bill, and replace any furniture that was removed by hazmat -- even that car.

Now folks get out there and enjoy the fair!

MOO

Mel

I'm sure the daughter who is now whining in the news, will expect/get the same thing, or close to it. She's whining she had no electricity, well neither did a whole lot of other people who had the same storm. Her other plight comes from her "Daddy":facepalm:. She needs to just be quiet, stay inside, until they're given the all clear. I'm losing my compassion for this whole family. Did the boy from the other family get his requested basketball?:gaah:

Thank you dymphna for relaying what was said in the presser!

I'm sure the daughter who is now whining in the news, will expect/get the same thing, or close to it. She's whining she had no electricity, well neither did a whole lot of other people who had the same storm. Her other plight comes from her "Daddy":facepalm:. She needs to just be quiet, stay inside, until they're given the all clear. I'm losing my compassion for this whole family. Did the boy from the other family get his requested basketball?:gaah:

Yea my kids were without power too while taking care of their dad whose on hospice and oxygen.. They said he told them he was scared.. Thankfully power came back on after a few hours.. So it's not just them it was everyone.

I wish the people net to him on the plane would tell us more about him,
was he clean? was he coughing? was he alone? did he use pillow? blanket?
that's a long travel time.
did he have a lay over? change flights

yep and stop air travel from infected area! like other countries!

I don't know that that would work though....I don't know much about air travel from other countries to the U.S., but it seems like people would just travel over land from Africa to other countries that they could fly out of. That would do nothing to keep ebola out of the U.S., and it might even spread it further to countries other than Africa.

And depending how much it is restricted, it could prevent people from going to Africa to help if they know they can't come back. Africa is not an island unto itself; if the disease is not stemmed there, it will eventually affect other countries one way or another.

I read somewhere that a man in Virginia Beach area was behind him on plane possibly and that there were actually what he thought were two African American men sitting together.. No other details and take it for what it's worth I don't want to start rumors so delete post if needed.

Yea my kids were without power too while taking care of their dad whose on hospice and oxygen.. They said he told them he was scared.. Thankfully power came back on after a few hours.. So it's not just them it was everyone.

((hugs to them))) an all in the same situation

I don't know that that would work though....I don't know much about air travel from other countries to the U.S., but it seems like people would just travel over land from Africa to other countries that they could fly out of. That would do nothing to keep ebola out of the U.S., and it might even spread it further to countries other than Africa.

And depending how much it is restricted, it could prevent people from going to Africa to help if they know they can't come back. Africa is not an island unto itself; if the disease is not stemmed there, it will eventually affect other countries one way or another.

It could be regulated official air travel for that purpose. We have no boundries set here. Think about every huge plane coming over many times a day from there filled. I will look for the info I just read about this very thing on a news channel.

that's a long travel time. did he have a lay over? change flights

Did he use the bathroom on the plane?

From what I understood the medical personnel that go to Africa to help usually have special charter planes that bring them back anyways don't they?
Other countries are banning flights to and from there so guess they don't care if it's making people have to take multiple flights etc..

From what I understood the medical personnel that go to Africa to help usually have special charter planes that bring them back anyways don't they?
Other countries are banning flights to and from there so guess they don't care if it's making people have to take multiple flights etc..

Good point, and thanks to passionflower that said something similar.

Wouldn't you still have people in Africa though just traveling to other countries to get around the restriction? Or is it possible that Africa would have checkpoints set up on land for people trying to leave by land?

I read somewhere that a man in Virginia Beach area was behind him on plane possibly and that there were actually what he thought were two African American men sitting together.. No other details and take it for what it's worth I don't want to start rumors so delete post if needed.
A friend on FB spoke to his MIL briefly. That is pretty much all he remembers...doesn't even know for sure if it was him.

Good point, and thanks to passionflower that said something similar.

Wouldn't you still have people in Africa though just traveling to other countries to get around the restriction? Or is it possible that Africa would have checkpoints set up on land for people trying to leave by land?

There's always ways to get around the restrictions unless every country banned them.. But at least imo it buys some time so if they are infected you'd know it before they got here or do a, 21 day quarantine on new arrivals at an equipped military base..

He flew from Liberia to Belguim on a Belgium airline. There was a 7 hour layover in Belgium and he boarded a United Airlines flight to Washington, DC. There was a three hour layover in DC prior to the final United flight into Dallas. The airlines and flight info have been published.

Here is the timeline of his travels: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/timeline-how-ebola-made-its-way-u-s-n216831
Sept. 19: Duncan leaves Monrovia on Brussels Airlines Flight 1247 to Brussels, Belgium, the first step of a trip to the U.S. to visit family. He takes United Airlines Flight 951 from Brussels to Dulles airport outside Washington, D.C.

Sept. 20: Duncan takes United Flight 822 from Dulles to Dallas.

I have a family member who lives in Dallas and has no electricity since the storm. They packed up the freezer and took the contents to a friend's house and have been staying there since. No bailout . You just have to wait it out . It's an act of nature and has nothing to do with ebola.

How to get into America with Ebola: Ibuprofen and a lie

Public health watchdog says Ebola patients could use ibuprofen to lower their fevers so that they can pass through airport checkpoints

Nearly all of the screening is done by staff in Ebola-stricken nations using hand-held temperature scanners

The scanners can be tricked with drugs that lower fever

The first U.S. Ebola patient, who arrived on a plane after flying out of Liberia, has sparked calls to tighten screening for the disease at U.S. airports

Thomas Eric Duncan lied on a form when he said he had not been in contact with anyone sickened with Ebola

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780002/How-America-Ebola-Ibuprofen-lie.html#ixzz3FCSIs3dL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member