Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that follow all the missing persons cases - I was just remembering the ones I've followed and thinking it seems that most are found by individuals - often just accidentally (as was MH). What percentage of victims would you guess are found by LE and/or search parties? Praying for Hannah to be found by SOMEONE today!!!!

Sorry to ask a very old question again - but has there ever been any sort of suggestion as to why Hannah was in the area she was? I read that her address has never been disclosed, so was she on her way home? Sorry if this has been debated/answered a million pages ago somewhere!
She was out looking for a party.

For those that follow all the missing persons cases - I was just remembering the ones I've followed and thinking it seems that most are found by individuals - often just accidentally (as was MH). What percentage of victims would you guess are found by LE and/or search parties? Praying for Hannah to be found by SOMEONE today!!!!

The ones I have seen found by organized searches are usually not crime victims so much as medical situations or suicides. I think there have been some others, usually when a BF has killed a woman on his property or that sort of thing. Very few of this type of case, IMO. Seems like they are usually found by a property owner, hiker, etc...

After watching her loving parents today, I pray that Hannah is found soon, asap.....
:( :tears: :crying: That was beyond heartbreaking.

It broke my heart too. I can't imagine what it's like. How would you figure out when to go back to some semblance of normal life if she's not found? How does one possibly return to work or school when their daughter/sister is missing?

I pray every day that she will be found. For the family, but also for evidence that will hopefully put JLM or other guilty party away.

DogHairRules <<extreme newby

Sorry to ask a very old question again - but has there ever been any sort of suggestion as to why Hannah was in the area she was? I read that her address has never been disclosed, so was she on her way home? Sorry if this has been debated/answered a million pages ago somewhere!

No. She left a bar (McGrady's) on the edge of her neighborhood and fast walked/ran on the shortest route to the downtown mall, away from where she lived, the fraternity/sorority houses, and the student neighborhoods behind the strip known as the corner in Charlottesville to the Downtown mall, which is about a mile away and, in many ways, the social focal point of the town. It has the highest density of bars and restaurants in the city but is more adult and "towny" of an area, though students and townies mix pretty well here in C'ville. We don't know why she went there. She was expected by friends in a neighborhood close to McGradys (the pub close to home with the earliest video of her)** but we don't know why she went downtown and - more interestingly, why she didn't turn around and head back to Grounds (campus for non-UVA folks) when she realized she was on the downtown mall. ...some think it was because she was just that drunk, others that she had been slipped a drug. We will likely never know.

**original reports mentioned that HG was expected or planning to meet friends at a different party or event later in the evening. Presumably, these are the people to whom she texted "I am so lost." Do we know where this party was?

I've been a member for like 5 minutes, but have been trying to get up to speed on the hannah forums and others over the last several days. So forgive me if this has been addressed and I missed it. I find myself wondering whether LE has any idea about where MH was killed. It seems to me from what I've read that her body may have been just dumped on the farm. Do any of you know or have theories about that? If they are killed elsewhere, I wonder where he could have the space and privacy he needs. And I suspect the dump site wouldn't be that far from the kill site.

Statement from Sue and John Graham Regarding the Ongoing Search for their Daughter Hannah:

&#8220;My name is Sue Graham. At my side is my husband John. As you know we are Hannah's parents. I will now read a brief statement.

Firstly, we would like again to express our enormous gratitude to all those who have been involved in the search for Hannah, including the police, the professional search teams, the people staffing the telephone tip line, UVa students, our friends, neighbours and work colleagues as well as the citizens of Charlottesville and the surrounding area. We would also like to thank the many, many kind people who have supported our family during this terrible ordeal through words, deeds, thoughts and prayers. We also owe our sincere thanks to the City of Charlottesville, the University of Virginia and the concerned
citizens who have contributed a total of $100,000 to the reward which is being offered for information leading to Hannah's return. We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of you all.

As you are all aware, an individual has been charged with the abduction of our beloved daughter Hannah. However, despite extensive search efforts, no trace of Hannah has been found since she disappeared in the early hours of Saturday September the 13th, now more than three weeks ago. The police have received thousands of tips, and to each one of you who made the effort to call in with information, we express our heartfelt thanks. We also thank all of you who have actively searched your properties and reported the results to the police. However, despite all your efforts, Hannah is still missing.

Somebody listening to me today either knows where Hannah is, or knows someone who has that information. We appeal to you to come forward and tell us where Hannah can be found. John has already said that this is every parent's worst nightmare. That is true, but it is also a nightmare for our son, James, for Hannah's grandparents and other members of our family, as well as for all of Hannah's many friends here in Charlottesville and beyond. Please, please, please help end this nightmare for all of us.

Please help us to bring Hannah home.

Thank you."

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/par...dent-hannah-graham-release-statement/28406718

I've been a member for like 5 minutes, but have been trying to get up to speed on the hannah forums and others over the last several days. So forgive me if this has been addressed and I missed it. I find myself wondering whether LE has any idea about where MH was killed. It seems to me from what I've read that her body may have been just dumped on the farm. Do any of you know or have theories about that? If they are killed elsewhere, I wonder where he could have the space and privacy he needs. And I suspect the dump site wouldn't be that far from the kill site.

This is only my opinion but I think he raped and murdered her at or near where she was found, that he'd forced her to walk to that spot. He's certainly strong enough to have carried her body there, but (please forgive me) that probably would have left him a bloody mess.

It's been three weeks now since Hannah disappeared. It has grown so quiet and very little "Official" LE statements have been made over the last few days. I hope that somehow, Hannah's mother's plea will be heard by that one person who is willing to help bring Hannah home.

In some cases, businesses probably look at the camera itself as being a deterrent to crime (the visibility of the camera to those in the store) as opposed to what is actually being recorded. I agree with you that the quality of some of the video/pictures is horrendous! JMO

good point!

On the night Hannah disappeared, there was a 3/4 moon.

On the night MH disappeared, there was a new moon.

How in the heck did he get out there?
2009 Phases of the Moon
Prepared by John Mosley
Griffith Observatory
Pacific Standard Time
(Corrected for Daylight Saving Time Mar 8 - Oct 31)
NEW MOON FIRST QUARTER FULL MOON LAST QUARTER
JAN 4 3:56 am JAN 10 7:27 pm JAN 17 6:46 pm
JAN 25 11:55 pm FEB 2 3:13 pm FEB 9 6:49 am FEB 16 1:37 pm
FEB 24 5:35 pm MAR 3 11:46 pm MAR 10 7:38 pm MAR 18 10:47 am
MAR 26 9:06 am APR 2 7:34 am APR 9 7:56 am APR 17 6:36 am
APR 24 8:23 pm MAY 1 1:44 pm MAY 8 9:01 pm MAY 17 12:26 am
MAY 24 5:11 am MAY 30 8:22 pm JUN 7 11:12 am JUN 15 3:15 pm
JUN 22 12:35 pm JUN 29 4:28 am JUL 7 2:21 am JUL 15 2:53 am
JUL 21 7:35 pm JUL 28 3:00 pm AUG 5 5:55 pm AUG 13 11:55 am
AUG 20 3:02 am AUG 27 4:42 am SEP 4 9:03 am SEP 11 7:16 pm
SEP 18 11:44 am SEP 25 9:50 pm OCT 3 11:10 pm OCT 11 1:56 am
OCT 17 10:33 pm OCT 25 5:42 pm NOV 2 11:14 am NOV 9 7:56 am
NOV 16 11:14 am NOV 24 1:39 pm DEC 1 11:30 pm DEC 8 4:13 pm
DEC 16 4:02 am DEC 24 9:36 am DEC 31 11:13 am
Data from US Naval Observatory http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/data-services/phases-moon
corrected for Los Angeles' local time zone and daylight time when in effect.

On the night Hannah disappeared, there was a 3/4 moon.

On the night MH disappeared, there was a new moon.

How in the heck did he get out there?

Several eye-witnesses have stated that JM "picked women up and threw them over his shoulder." He could have used one hand to steady them on his shoulder, leaving the other hand free to hold a flashlight.
'

Water has been checked with devices that see clear to the bottom of the body of water.As many as 50 vultures would be flying about if she was left out in the open. So she must be under ground or inside an old building. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000