Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the poster saying her son did not remember if JM was there. He was going to ask but I never saw a follow up on that.

However I heard a "mumblings" that they have narrowed his possible travel distance to 2 and a half hours one way. I took that to mean he is unaccounted for ,for 5 hours. However ,it is not anything I can confirm or link.

The poster did come back and say he was not at practice...but it is buried someplace in the general threads, so jmo.

However I heard a "mumblings" that they have narrowed his possible travel distance to 2 and a half hours one way. I took that to mean he is unaccounted for ,for 5 hours. However ,it is not anything I can confirm or link.

There was some report today that they have narrowed the time gap between when Hannah went missing and when she was reported missing but gave no details. I, however, fail to see what that is as important as the time between when she went missing and the time JM resurfaced. Any narrowing in that time is great, but I wonder why they word it that way, particularly if JM still hadn't been seen by anyone even though Hannah was reported missing. It must have been a tweet, but I'm not finding it now. (Note to self - do better keeping up with links!)

EDIT: Found it! https://twitter.com/search?q=wtop "Narrowed the gap"&src=typd

Wouldn't a lot of those vacation homes have burglar alarms ?

Some of them, but people can and do cut the power if they arent planning on returning until the next spring.

Seems stupid I know but people count on locks and the insurance company replacing anything thats damaged.

There was some report today that they have narrowed the time gap between when Hannah went missing and when she was reported missing but gave no details. I, however, fail to see what that is as important as the time between when she went missing and the time JM resurfaced. Any narrowing in that time is great, but I wonder why they word it that way, particularly if JM still hadn't been seen by anyone even though Hannah was reported missing. It must have been a tweet, but I'm not finding it now. (Note to self - do better keeping up with links!)
What I do isbookmark them then I can pull them up later.

People seem surprised that LE is saying this is a "rescue" operation. Look at this differently. You've got a suspect who you believe has murdered several people before this one. He's likely proud of himself and considers himself clever. But he's not talking. You can't find the missing person. You need him to talk. So, you insult him. Make him believe you think he didn't succeed this time. Aggravate him. Find his buttons and push them. If I was LE, I'd have a cooperating cell mate in there with him. The suspect is likely to get angry, boastful at some point. Then you begin to make progress...

Yes, I don't get this either, LE acting as though she is alive. If she is alive, then obviously JM did not murder her. Wonder how they will go about a charge for murder later on, without her body, if they decide to go,that route. The defense will be quoting Longo and others saying they believed she was alive long after JM was in jail. Also, it is telling the defense that they do not have a crime scene or evidence of violence, if they say things like that. Yet I am pretty certain she IS deceased. I feel JM is very much a lone ranger in his criminal activities. Jmo

Though Longo is saying she "could" be alive, that does not mean she is alive. Even if Hannah is found alive, if she is found injured and raped, there would be serious charges facing JM even with just the evidence that we know right now. If she is found dead, forensics would be able to place some time period as to when she died and possibly how. What LE says as possibilities are not what are going to be issues in court. Unless JM can be linked to any harm that occurred to Hannah, really through DNA, it's going to be an uphill battle to get a conviction for her murder if she is found dead. I think lawyers on this board have brought that up from the beginning. Getting a murder conviction without a body is very difficult. Possible with enough forensic evidence, but still difficult especially if the suspect does not say anything, and he does not have to talk. The state has to come up with a case beyond reasonable doubt.

Is it reasonable that Hannah might have gotten into the car with JM, he made moves and she resisted and insisted that he let her out immediately or jumped out fo the car? It's certainly possible. How can one prove that did NOT happen? Unless there is DNA evidence that something happened in that car, ti's going to be difficult to hit JM with the charges. Heck, they could not even arrest JM when they knew the car and Hannah were connected enough to get a warrent to search and seize the car. Couldn't touch him. So they have to have more than they did then. The first wave of forensic results have come back, and we can only hope that there was some good stuff there. But note that LE has not added any charges, when they've been pretty quick about charges when they could. it was a sticking point between Longo and the DA as to whether they could charge JM with anything from the beginning. The reckless driving charge, JM handed to them as well as the charges in Texas.

In the end, it's possible if the forensics do not pan out with Hannah, that LE won't be able to charge JM with much of anything in this case, but that if there is a direct DNA match in the MH and earlier rape case, JM could be nailed for those Pretty defintive DNA obtained in the rape case, from what I understand. I don't know specifically what they have in teh HM case, and how strong it is. I believe the direct swabs from JM have yet to be processed and put into report, and that those may be key in any cases against him.

LE may end up doing a deal with him if they don't have strong evidence. The DA's office would have struck a deal with Bundy even, had he cooperated because the state was not sure they could win their case. That's how tentative they were.

Though we can discuss and assume so much, a lot will not be permitted in court. There are strict rules as to what is allowable, and a presumption of innocense is in place. JM doesn't have to say a word, and the instructions are to presume he is innocent. It's a heavy indicator in our assumptions and that he is acting guilty since he refuses to tell LE anything about what he did after he and Hannah left the mall area, but that is not allowed to be teh case in court. It is every bit his right to keep silent and it cannot be used against him that he did so.

So Longo is just saying what is a given. She could be alive, and each day it's getting less likely, but even a year down the road, she could still be alive. Maybe she went off with someone else, maybe someone is keeping her captive somewhere. I don't subscribe an instant to the slavery/prostitution ring theories, but yes, they are possible. Without a body, how can we say that is not possible? People have resurfaced years after presumed, assumed demise enough times that it is a real possibiltiy.

People point at the AM case as one where a conviction was won without a body--she's still not been found, but that was with a lot of forensic evidence that harm did occur to her at RAT's home, and he was caught lying in so much that he said that there was reasonable doubt that ANYTHING he said was true. Not going to be the case with JM who has not said anything to LE, and also we haven't gotten word of any forensic evidence found indicating that Hannah was harmed. LE had mixed DNAs of perp and victim in the AM case.

Also LE kept a lot of evidence secret until the trial in that case, which they might be doing here too.

And finally, it is very important that searchers are urgently searching for Hannah. Finding her alive when there is the remotest possibiltiy of it is very much a priority. Secondary to putting together a case to the perp. That can come AFTER she is found, or when LE has to proceed with a case before the body is found.

I'm interested in how intoxicated or drunk HG was, at various points in the timeline. By the time she reached the pedestrian mall, around 1:08, she had been running and walking and wandering around for a long time. Nearly an hour and 20 minutes had passed since she had left the party at the Camden Plaza Apartments, right? . . .

Wasn't there an unaccounted time gap between when HG left Camden Plaza and when she appeared on the McGrady video? We don't know if she could have consumed more alcohol during that time. But I think we can maybe assume she didn't between McGrady's and the mall. How long was that?

There is a suspicion that LE has mentioned that the text was not sent at the time marked or written at that time. Those things do happen. The time of the text is well before she was seen in bad shape. No idea when it was written or sent or received, other than the time as LE can see it and some other possibilitites. It makes no sense that JM was able to take the cell phone from her at that time, 1:20 AM, and text that to whoever. Maybe JM told her that his car was there and that's where they were heading to get into it. A lot of possibilities. Really, since both parties, JM and Hannah were both drinking and not in full cognitive senses, anything is possible.

I really doubt the time that was given for that text. I can see a few reasons why LE would fudge that a bit.

Idk. . .but hopefully it means they can account for her in some way after leaving Tempo. That would be great in the search if they at least have a direction that JM's car traveled once they left Tempo.

The time she was reported missing is a fixed point that won't change. So that tells me she was seen after leaving Tempo's/Mall area. Maybe there are witnesses who saw them together in his car? Or they appear on CCTV somewhere else?

Wouldn't he lay her down on the back seat where she couldn't be seen. It's that whatever direction he took after the last time LE has eyes on him, nobody knows where he went. His car wasn't pickup-ed well enough to know where to search. So maybe he goes out of sight in C-ville and since it is prowl season, and he's ready, and he switches cars.

He may have been planning to score at some point that night. He wasn't planning to get shot down over and over again, be humiliated, perhaps drink so much, that night. The reason he's in jail is because he ran into Hannah Graham when there were people and cameras to see, right after last call. He may have been off just enough to forgo the risk.

Someone witnessed her after Tempo, or there's a video after Tempo? Over and over LE, HG's parents, ask for someone who must have seen her. Doesn't sound like statements of those who think she was killed and dumped soon after Tempo, or even of someone who is thought to have been incapacitated and unable to walk at approx. 1:45 a.m. Interesting information...

I dont get the rescue operation talk either,as on one hand your telling people to check wells and old building and farmlands and the next your talking she could be alive. The only reason I can see him doing this is to not appear one directional to a jury later.

Sometimes hopeful talk from LE is for the sake of the family, and sometimes it's just because they haven't found definitive evidence that a death has occurred.

I think the public keeps looking longer when they believe the victim is still alive, too. In fact, even if LE said they think she is dead, half the population would choose to believe she is still alive. It's just human nature that we see over and over in these types of cases. No one wants to think the worst.

I think Amy was asking if Morgan's shoes (boots) have ever been found. I'm not sure if that info has been released.

Oops. Sorry. Radiant Morgan Harrington's boots were never found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab