Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a member here whose son played on the team JLM coached. She asked her son if JLM was at practice or a meeting the next day and he said no.

Jesse Matthew was at the game the Friday night before he went to the mall, to Temp, before he met Hannah. There would have been a practice, not a game, if anything that Saturday morning. I do think I remember the member here saying he did not show up for practice that morning. Wonder if LE has some clue on where he was, whether he came home between the time he was last seen at Tempo and when he was next seen by anyone that Saturday. What did he do that Saturday, and when was he first seen after leaving the mall/restaraunt with Hannah?

Jesse Matthew was at the game the Friday night before he went to the mall, to Temp, before he met Hannah. There would have been a practice, not a game, if anything that Saturday morning. I do think I remember the member here saying he did not show up for practice that morning. Wonder if LE has some clue on where he was, whether he came home between the time he was last seen at Tempo and when he was next seen by anyone that Saturday. What did he do that Saturday, and when was he first seen after leaving the mall/restaraunt with Hannah?

Good questions. The poster said they had a team meeting that Saturday morning and JM did not show up for it. Then the poster pretty much disappeared, and I don't blame him/her. The poster also said that since he was a volunteer coach, it wasn't odd if he didn't show up for games or practices.

I found a cite from MSM that he did not show up for a Saturday morning meeting for football. which fits with what the poster said. I wonder where and when he was first seen that Saturday after he left Tempo. From what I've gathered, his friends and roommates are cooperating. No word on anything his family might have said. He left Tempo around 1:40-2PM. LE seems to have a fix on his car leaving the area, though they cannot for sure place JM or Hannah in it. That's why they were likely able to get a search warrent for the car and seize it, but not be able to touch him. I wonder what time he resurfaced anywhere that morning or day. I've not gotten any idea of that.

It took nearly a full week for LE to get the search warrent and search/seize the car. Would those roommates, anyone be able to say when they saw JM on Saturday, Sept 13 after he left Tempo with Hannah?

He was preoccupied with the feet of those two girls on the Mall before he met Hannah. Maybe he has some serious food fetish where he does something odd with them....?

Does anyone know if MH's shoes have ever been found ?

As soon as I saw on the map where the farm was located next to the forest and the friend was into fishing and hiking (according to photos) I emailed a tip in. You never know, I'd rather give them too much info than find out later that something might have helped

Thank you!

From the get-go, those who are familiar with the Charlottesville stated flat out that this was going to be a difficult search because the locale is so close to terrain that is just very condusive to hiding things, including bodies. Every square foot radiating outward from the point where Hannah was last seen has to be searched. DOgs brought to the mall area seemed to have tracked her scent well, right to outside the mall and then...nothing. Assuming that they were also canvassing the area around the mall just in case she got out of the car at anytime after leaving the mall, but that does not seem to be what LE thinks happened. Simply cannot search every bit of an area.

LE is asking everyone to check homes, property, because LE and search teams cannot go on private properties without permission. I know folks who live within a several mile radius from the mall, and they haven't been approached for their properties to be searched. IT is entirely possible that her body is behind someone shed, in someone's yard in the CHarlottesvill area, not necessarily even as far as the farm and country regions.

One can easily drop a body or a whole car in the swale that is covered with ground covering in my not large yard and it would not be easily visible. One would have to search carefully to find anything. My son lost a football in there, and it took quite the search to find it and all kinds of things (nothing ghastly) were there in the undergrowth. Yes, body could be dropped in there and without an odor could sit there for years. So it is with a lot of areas, but Charlottesville has a lot of terrain where things could be hidden. I am amazed at the job LE and the volunteer and professional search groups are doing. I so hope that they find her. However, it's also possible that JM went quite a distance to dump the body. Hopefully, his roommates were able to give LE an idea as to when JM came home that morning. That could limit the radius somewhat. But when you are talking adult roommates, they may have had no idea at all. I have had adult children living here and many times I could not say when or if they came home on a given night, or if they stopped by and left within a few hours or shorter time during the course of the wee hours.

Was it established whether JM did show up for the game/practice that Saturday morning for the team he coached?

It seems that the car and apt search did yield some things that LE seized as important to the case. So there may well be some evidence there. It just hasn't help find Hannah yet. I had hoped soil and mud analysis on the car would help, but the condition the car was kept, it probably had most every bit of Virginia and anywhere else JM had taken it on it.

Extra thanks for this post. It was extra helpful to me, not knowing what the terrain is like. I even had to google "swale"! Being from the high desert where we get snow and then nothing but dry weather, it is vastly different from anything you described above. Thank you again!

Yes, it's a big problem searching for a body. Kaylee Anthony was found within a mile of her grandparent's home, and LE had searched for her. It wasn't even a particularly well hidden package, but it was not found for about a year, and quite by accident. Despite massive search efforts, Lauren Spierer's body has yet to be found. Many bodies are found much later by hunters, farmers, hikers by accident, often right within search areas. If dumped in a land fill, it's virtually impossible to find, again without good luck.

Yes, it's a big problem searching for a body. Kaylee Anthony was found within a mile of her grandparent's home, and LE had searched for her. It wasn't even a particularly well hidden package, but it was not found for about a year, and quite by accident. Despite massive search efforts, Lauren Spierer's body has yet to be found. Many bodies are found much later by hunters, farmers, hikers by accident, often right within search areas. If dumped in a land fill, it's virtually impossible to find, again without good luck.

It was a really wet year that year that Caylee was dumped. Initially that area was a muddy, wet mess. I'm in FL so I don't really pay attention to weather in Virginia but I don't think I've heard of anything out of the ordinary for that area lately. Hopefully Hannah will be found before weather becomes a factor

Good questions. The poster said they had a team meeting that Saturday morning and JM did not show up for it. Then the poster pretty much disappeared, and I don't blame him/her. The poster also said that since he was a volunteer coach, it wasn't odd if he didn't show up for games or practices.

I remember the poster saying her son did not remember if JM was there. He was going to ask but I never saw a follow up on that.

However I heard a "mumblings" that they have narrowed his possible travel distance to 2 and a half hours one way. I took that to mean he is unaccounted for ,for 5 hours. However ,it is not anything I can confirm or link.

I also heard a news story today where a man said "this is a rescue operation" (as opposed to a recovery operation). I found that strange. One would think that LE would WANT the defense to think that they KNOW he murdered her, but they seem to be communicating something other than that. I cannot figure out why LE is behaving this way.

My fear about them searching within a certain mile radius of C'Ville, is that it is a known statistic that most bodies are found within 25 miles of where the person was last seen. If they are following this rule, LE could have no clue where she is, but I hope that is not the case.

I think the police captian is a attention seeker living the moment of his life. A number of his actions are debatable and would have been done differently by other captians. I just hope he has some solid evidence on jlm. At this time after so many days i dont see how hannah would be alive unless she has been abducted by someone else

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I also heard a news story today where a man said "this is a rescue operation" (as opposed to a recovery operation). I found that strange. One would think that LE would WANT the defense to think that they KNOW he murdered her, but they seem to be communicating something other than that. I cannot figure out why LE is behaving this way.

My fear about them searching within a certain mile radius of C'Ville, is that it is a known statistic that most bodies are found within 25 miles of where the person was last seen. If they are following this rule, LE could have no clue where she is, but I hope that is not the case.

Yes, I don't get this either, LE acting as though she is alive. If she is alive, then obviously JM did not murder her. Wonder how they will go about a charge for murder later on, without her body, if they decide to go,that route. The defense will be quoting Longo and others saying they believed she was alive long after JM was in jail. Also, it is telling the defense that they do not have a crime scene or evidence of violence, if they say things like that. Yet I am pretty certain she IS deceased. I feel JM is very much a lone ranger in his criminal activities. Jmo

I am also thinking that JM would be unlikely to make use of private land again, since Morgan was found fairly quickly, all things considered. I think he would have found a spot on remote public land, i.e wooded area and may even have buried her, as Mickie's killer did. He too had found out that bodies are eventually discovered from his prior murder. Mickey never would have been found without his eventual confession. And apparently, JM seems not to have around the next morning, or did not go to football practice anyway, per someone who knows him, so he may have had a lot of time both to drive and prepare a site. Jmo

Wow. :(

Or perhaps he is a compassionate man who feels for the Grahams and wants to maintain at least a little hope.

I haven't seen any indication that he is unprofessional or incompetent.

I think the police captian is a attention seeker living the moment of his life. A number of his actions are debatable and would have been done differently by other captians. I just hope he has some solid evidence on jlm. At this time after so many days i dont see how hannah would be alive unless she has been abducted by someone else

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm inclined to think that he has been careless and impulsive throughout this, including with disposal of evidence.

I am also thinking that JM would be unlikely to make use of private land again, since Morgan was found fairly quickly, all things considered. I think he would have found a spot on remote public land, i.e wooded area and may even have buried her, as Mickie's killer did. He too had found out that bodies are eventually discovered from his prior murder. Mickey never would have been found without his eventual confession. And apparently, JM seems not to have around the next morning, or did not go to football practice anyway, per someone who knows him, so he may have had a lot of time both to drive and prepare a site. Jmo

Yes, I don't get this either, LE acting as though she is alive. If she is alive, then obviously JM did not murder her. Wonder how they will go about a charge for murder later on, without her body, if they decide to go,that route. The defense will be quoting Longo and others saying they believed she was alive long after JM was in jail. Also, it is telling the defense that they do not have a crime scene or evidence of violence, if they say things like that. Yet I am pretty certain she IS deceased. I feel JM is very much a lone ranger in his criminal activities. Jmo

I can't imagine, with VSP and the FBI involved, that Chief Longo or anyone else is saying anything that hasn't been very well scripted. It seems, with all the talk by LE about "reflections" and the bad initial description of JM by the "white guy," that this is, perhaps, intentional. They even said at one point that the guy with dreds had been spoken to and ruled out, days before they got the warrant for JM's car. I suspect they were following him several days before they got the warrant. At least I hope they were. I have a feeling he's been on their radar for a while, and they've been waiting for him to mess up and get caught or ruled out.

In Erin Corwin's case, LE maintained publicly that she could have disappeared voluntarily right up until the moment they found her, exactly where they thought they might, one month later.

I believe LE has their reasons.
Yes, I don't get this either, LE acting as though she is alive. If she is alive, then obvuiously JM did not murder her. Wonder how they will go about a charge for murder later on, without her body, if they decide to go,that route. The defense will be quoting Longo and others saying they believed she was alive long after JM was in jail. Also, it is telling the defense that they do not have a crime scene or evidence of violence, if they say things like that. Yet I am pretty certain she IS deceased. I feel JM is very much a lone ranger in his criminal activities. Jmo

Extra thanks for this post. It was extra helpful to me, not knowing what the terrain is like. I even had to google "swale"! Being from the high desert where we get snow and then nothing but dry weather, it is vastly different from anything you described above. Thank you again!

To add to Jamicats excellent post many areas of Charlottesville and Central Virginia are overgrown with wisteria and south of the James and at lowers elevations, kudzu as well.

One of the things Ive heard people remark about over the years is that flying over Va is quite a sight due to the amount of forest and greenery.

I remember the poster saying her son did not remember if JM was there. He was going to ask but I never saw a follow up on that.

However I heard a "mumblings" that they have narrowed his possible travel distance to 2 and a half hours one way. I took that to mean he is unaccounted for ,for 5 hours. However ,it is not anything I can confirm or link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz