Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mentioned it before, but since this is a large thread I'll repeat it. This girl was supposedly about 15-16 years old. If this was a man with whom she was having an intimate relationship, he wouldn't want to be admitting it - especially in a prison.

Prison inmates have very few moral standards, but many of them have daughters and sisters. An adult male prisoner who is known to be in an intimate relationship with a girl in her early teens is sure to be a marked man, and might decide that the prudent thing to do would be to keep his mouth shut.

I had mentioned it before, but since this is a large thread I'll repeat it. This girl was supposedly about 15-16 years old. If this was a man with whom she was having an intimate relationship, he wouldn't want to be admitting it - especially in a prison.

Prison inmates have very few moral standards, but many of them have daughters and sisters. An adult male prisoner who is known to be in an intimate relationship with a girl in her early teens is sure to be a marked man, and might decide that the prudent thing to do would be to keep his mouth shut.

It is also very possible she was meeting up with someone who worked there. That could be motive enough, for a married man who has a young person coming trying to find him, etc.. She may have been using Ellis Prison as a landmark. It looks like there are plenty of recreational areas around. Maybe a party at a marina or camp site?

I would like to submit Tammy Jo Alexander as a possible match. Lassav, could you help me out with submitting this possible match to Dr. D? Tammy was recently reported missing and FB page set up for Tammy says DNA was recently obtained from her sister.
https://www.facebook.com/tammy.alexander.16547?fref=ts
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ammy-Alexander-13-Brooksville-01-January-1977

I think the problem with the length of Tammy Jo's hair would pretty much rule her out , right this girl had long hair and tammy's friend said when she left her hair was even shorter, so unless it grew that fast......?

I think the problem with the length of Tammy Jo's hair would pretty much rule her out , right this girl had long hair and tammy's friend said when she left her hair was even shorter, so unless it grew that fast......?

This is my reply from Tammys post.

Doe net has PM photos of Walker JD; I personally am not seeing it. Hair was 10in long no evidence of hair dye. Her friend said Tammy's hair was shorter then the school pic when school let out in May 79. Also; Tammy's sisters DNA "should be" run through the databases; if she is any of our JD's; they will catch it. Walker is in CODIS

I am not saying not to turn it in.

Of topic...I do see several people suddenly submitting or wanting to submit Tammy Jo for a lot of UID's in the forums. My hope is, we can run DNA and not swamp LE with potentials...Doesn't look good for us WSer's if we inundate LE with every UID from the 1970's and 1980's regardless of true similarity. A new/old missing person is exciting (in a sad way) and gives us hope some UID will go home/be named, but let's proceed with the same diligence as before. I am sure CarlK is monitoring...I hope. :) IMOO.

I dunno. I'm not seeing it either. She resembles some of the reconstructions but I don't think she resembles this UID's PM photos much.

The hair doesn't concern me. The way Tammy's hair is styled in the 1977 photo, it would be at least 4" longer if it wasn't curled, and even if she cut it late in the spring of 1979, there's over a year to November 1980 for it to grow out.

I'm not saying don't submit, but on the other hand they aren't likely to do anything until Tammy's sister's DNA is in the system anyway, so it might be better to wait and see if a match comes up.

I withdraw my suggestion that Tammy may be Walker County Jane Doe. Please forget I mentioned it. I would delete my post but it doesn't give me that option.

I withdraw my suggestion that Tammy may be Walker County Jane Doe. Please forget I mentioned it. I would delete my post but it doesn't give me that option.

It sounds like her sister is running one on one comparisons 1st. LE thinks she may be a FL JD. We should know soon about the FL comparison & our Cali.

From Carl's post in Tammy's thread
Just adding a bit of info that I learned today.

Tammy is being looked at by the Hernando County Sheriff's as a possible match to the two skeletal Jane Does found in serial murderer Billy Mansfield's property in Weeki Wachee Florida.

One of the two is discussed on this thread:

FL - Weeki Wachee, WhtFem UP12589, 20-30, 1 of 2 Buried w/2 ID'd Victims, Mar'81

Their interest in her case was in the context of that case. Apparently, there is some indication that Tammy knew the Mansfield brothers because they were frequent visitors to her parents' truckstop.

The problem with that theory is that both Jane Does are estimated to be between 20 and 30, and one of them had spina bifida.

No, don't delete it. I was just suggesting that you hold onto it for a bit.

Collage of Tammy Alexander and Walker Co Jane:

Attachments

• Tammy Jo WCJD montage.jpg
    Tammy Jo WCJD montage.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 49
I'm thinking maybe as she was asking for directions at the "Hitching Post"someone was watching her,someone who was eating,a truck driver.Once she left he picked her up along the way,killed her in his sleeper,dumped the body.By the time they found her body he was three states away.
I don't know. My presumption was that someone picked her up hitchhiking and killed her on her way to the prison facility, not away from it.

But I don't see any reason to rule out the theory that she met up with someone being released from the prison.

However, the person being released wouldn't have his own car. He would have needed transportation, and someone would have had to give both of them a ride away from the prison. So if that was the case, more than one person would have had to have been involved in her murder.

Tammy Jo looks very much like the NCMEC recon. The other ones(which are more accurate, I would think), less so.

Tammy Jo's chin is way off from all of the PM photos I've seen. Her lips aren't as thick either.

WCJD's lips might be swollen from the beating. I doubt it, but it's possible.

But if Tammy Jo's sister is right that she is 5'5" to 5'6" tall, then she would be the same height as WCJD.

What is interesting is if you zoom in on Tammy Jo's right eyebrow, there might be a vertical scar there. It might be a photo anomaly, or I might just be imagining things. But I see a scar right where WCJD's scar is.

How close was she to the prison the last time she was seen? There are probably a lot of former prisoners in that area. I also wonder if she had a southern accent.

Her death was extremely violent. Is there a particular type of trait for killers who bite and strangle their victims? Did the FBI or anyone work up a profile on the killer?

Question, does anyone see moles on Tammy's chin and left cheek?

Sent Tammy's info over to Dr. D yesterday, and got a response early this morning:

I hope Tammy's sister does get her DNA into the system. However, I don't believe our decedent is Tammy. Tammy has very definitive moles on her face that should still be there even if faded out. They are not present on the decedent from Walker County.
Thanks,
S

At least one of those "moles" on her chin appears to be a speck of dirt on the photo, as evidenced by a circle of image discoloration around the spot. The "mole" on her left cheek also has a similar circle around it, though that one is less obvious.

How close was she to the prison the last time she was seen? There are probably a lot of former prisoners in that area. I also wonder if she had a southern accent.

Her death was extremely violent. Is there a particular type of trait for killers who bite and strangle their victims? Did the FBI or anyone work up a profile on the killer?

That's a good point about the accent. Presumably if she didn't sound like she was from that part of Texas, the difference would have been noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member