Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no - please, no more discussing DNA evidence re: MH and/or shirt. I can't take it

:deadhorse:

AMEN!!! I think the media is trying to fill the dead space while we wait for the autopsy report with anything even remotely related. "Oh, let's talk to the guy who found the shirt!"

So to get this post back on topic . . .

I am extremely worried that it's now Wednesday afternoon in VA and we still don't have confirmation of identification. Morgan's body was exposed for much longer and was ID'ed faster. I really feel like there is something odd going on here. :(

These pictures break my heart for some reason... So many dedicated people working so hard to figure out what happened. While he sits in jail not helping. So much work and so many hours these human beings put in all to try to help victims, families, and society... All to try to protect others and keep society safe from monstrous acts of violence. Bless them.

I know what you mean, and it breaks my heart too that this search needs to be done. But it also breaks my heart wide open with gratitude and love that so many have worked so hard for so long to find this sweet child and bring her home to her grieving family. Whereas, the daily news and even the existence of sites like this reminds us daily of the evil in the world, the thousands who are actively searching, sleuthing, praying and comforting show us that there is much more good in this world than its opposite, and I for one, am so very grateful for that. Prayers and good wishes to all.

AMEN!!! I think the media is trying to fill the dead space while we wait for the autopsy report with anything even remotely related. "Oh, let's talk to the guy who found the shirt!"

So to get this post back on topic . . .

I am extremely worried that it's now Wednesday afternoon in VA and we still don't have confirmation of identification. Morgan's body was exposed for much longer and was ID'ed faster. I really feel like there is something odd going on here. :(

someone here has posted quite a few times that it took around 8 days for caylee Anthony's body to be ID'd, I think because it was a skeleton at that point. if someone is all bones, maybe it takes longer idk

A trained officer that ran first chance to the media and possibly did some damage to the case LE was building...hence his interview being snipped and edited from multiple media sources at LE's request.....

I really don't even understand why LE would even request that this officer's interview be retracted. First they know not every website or channel is going to retract it.

I have listen to what Arden said and not one thing he has said would impede justice or hinder the investigation.

He just gave his observations and nothing more.

And I am sure he meant the pants that were seen either on the body or nearby were tight leggings who look even smaller when they aren't on the body due to being stretchy material.

Imo, not a thing he said is going to change who this body belongs to, imo. I truly think its a big ado about nothing. The body yields its on evidence and facts.

IMO

someone here has posted quite a few times that it took around 8 days for caylee Anthony's body to be ID'd, I think because it was a skeleton at that point. if someone is all bones, maybe it takes longer idk

I have a feeling they are trying to simultaneously prepare the charges as they have the I.D. I think they have been strategically holding out details so that when the body is ID'd it will just be the icing on the cake to tie JLM to not only Hannah irrefutably, but connect all of the other dots as well.

I am just glad I'm not alone in this! My husband thinks I'm too obsessed.[emoji12]

I think I'm too obsessed! My husband just shakes his head! I'm here all the time--mainly lurking because I don't have anything new to add--am usually a few hours behind. I lived in C'ville many years ago and have recently been looking at real estate in the area online, with a focus on the areas south of town. The rural quality near all that C'ville and the University have to offer. But I have to say, this whole incident has kind of creeped me out and cast a shadow on my glowing memories of the area.... So hoping the Grahams and other grieving families in the area get some answers with this intense investigation.

that is true, but part of questioning during a trial puts emphasis on what the evidence provides in tandem with eye-witness testimony. If he said something or made an assumption on something without truly understanding what he was looking at, it could appear like they are not being consistent with information in a court room. For example, what if they didn't find pants at all? What if that was actual something else? He creates room for the LE to need to explain themselves if anything contradicts this original officers "eye-witness" account.

EDIT: This was in response to the media snipping the information provided to them by the trained officer who we were told could compromise the investigation.

I really don't even understand why LE would even request that this officer's interview be retracted. First they know not every website or channel is going to retract it.

I have listen to what Arden said and not one thing he has said would impede justice or hinder the investigation.

He just gave his observations and nothing more.

And I am sure he meant the pants that were seen either on the body or nearby were tight leggings who look even smaller when they aren't on the body due to being stretchy material.

Imo, not a thing he said is going to change who this body belongs to, imo. I truly think its a big ado about nothing. The body yields its on evidence and facts.

IMO

My bigger concern with it was whether or not the Grahams had been told the condition of what was found. I would certainly hope they wouldn't learn the condition of their daughter's remains from a media report. I can not imagine hearing that my child, who was thriving and vibrant and had her whole life ahead of her 6 weeks ago, was found to be a skull and vertebrae from ANYONE - but they should have heard it from Longo and not a press interview.

(And who knows, maybe they were already told . . . )

I think I'm too obsessed! My husband just shakes his head! I'm here all the time--mainly lurking because I don't have anything new to add--am usually a few hours behind. I lived in C'ville many years ago and have recently been looking at real estate in the area online, with a focus on the areas south of town. The rural quality near all that C'ville and the University have to offer. But I have to say, this whole incident has kind of creeped me out and cast a shadow on my glowing memories of the area.... So hoping the Grahams and other grieving families in the area get some answers with this intense investigation.

bbm It is still wonderful here Rolo!!!

In California, there is a public website that lists the names of autopsies waiting to be performed and that were recently performed, and the date the body was found. Someone posted it on the forum for Erin Corwin. I am guessing that in the case of Hannah, the name would "unidentified".
1. Does anyone from the EC forum remember the name of the website? I know it would be different in California than Virginia, but at least we would know what direction to go in searching for this site, if there is one in Virginia.
2. Any of the locals here ever heard of a website such as this?

I realize I am grasping at straws and I realize this case is treated as confidential, but if we can glean anything right now, it sure would be nice.

Side note: About 60% of the recent deaths listed on that site were from motorcycle accidents. I found that weird.

JMO, but once murder charges are brought, the clock begins ticking. JLM isn't going anywhere. I would take as much time as I could to investigate before announcing murder charges. They do not have to be done as soon as ID of remains is confirmed. JMO

<BBM for Focus>

Ocean, I agree that CPD Chief Longo should be awarded Top Police Chief in the Nation for 2014 on how he handled this case and stopped a SK in his tracks finally... Wished other LE agencies' leadership would take notice and use Chief Longo's media management strategy and unique investigative skills as a template for other missing/murdered persons' investigations, now and in the future....

Imo, the remains discovered are those of HG, but she has possibly guided them to JM's ritual/burial grounds of others. I believe that once CSI arrived on the scene and began investigating, that a very dark and bleak painting of JM's history at the abandoned property quickly began to emerge for investigators..

Imo, his innocent victims/prey, were only items, objects, or chess pieces to stealth sexual predator; JM.. He was aware that the clues, left in his wake(ritual grounds/residue) weren't visibly obvious to the seasoned homicide investigator; 'love, rage, hatred, fear, evil'... because they can't be touched, seen, smelled, or heard..

Due to JM's traits, pattern of past criminal history and decade long violent acts against females, combined with his chameleon like ability to remain stealth. Imo, he was a very experienced predator. Like so many before him, JM became brazen and thought that he was invincible, and his trail of terror would never come to an abrupt end... Now that it has, the shards of the shattered vase will all be pieced together... jmo

JM simply underestimated the natural power of good over evil... jmo

Two things: yay my first post, like so many, this case has touched my heart, and consumed my every thought. Not only because of the close vicinity to where HG was last seen to my place of employment, but as a mother to a young girl.

So 1st, I FIRMLY believe, there will be a ton of evidence and possible bodies found in that area. A friend of a friend was out with a group of girlfriends about 5 years ago, on the DT Mall, they dispersed to their separate cars at the end of the evening, and along comes a cabbie who says to the woman "Ma'am you probably shouldn't drive, I can give you a ride home and make sure you're safe", she agrees b/c she thinks to herself "wow I must've had more than I thought and am stumbling, maybe I shouldn't drive." She gets in the cab and nothing seems out of the ordinary until she realizes she never gave him her home address, she plays it cool until he comes to a stop at, where else? Walnut Creek Park. She escapes into the woods. He waited and looked for her for 2 hours. This is word of mouth from 3 people down the line, so could it be embellished? Probably, but if the core is true, which I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be...WOW. She did call police, gave description etc. and has been recently speaking to them again since HG's disappearance.

Secondly, the local who called in the "buzzards" tip at 3193 Old Lynchburg, was an avid hunter, he stated the type of birds he saw were the type that could kill a newborn calf, so as far as the rate of decomposition, it could very well be her. I also am very confident they have way more evidence to have come to the conclusion that it was Hannah. I do wonder about the hair....but we had VERY heavy rains the week before which could explain?

Thirdly, I believe once they took his vehicle, they found something more to connect him to MH

My two (three) cents, my opinions are of my own, and am relaying what I've heard.

In California, there is a public website that lists the names of autopsies waiting to be performed and that were recently performed, and the date the body was found. Someone posted it on the forum for Erin Corwin. I am guessing that in the case of Hannah, the name would "unidentified".
1. Does anyone from the EC forum remember the name of the website? I know it would be different in California than Virginia, but at least we would know what direction to go in searching for this site, if there is one in Virginia.
2. Any of the locals here ever heard of a website such as this?

I realize I am grasping at straws and I realize this case is treated as confidential, but if we can glean anything right now, it sure would be nice.

Side note: About 60% of the recent deaths listed on that site were from motorcycle accidents. I found that weird.

Nope unfortunately.

--snip--

"Are others entitled to a copy of the reports? In Virginia, the records of the medical examiner are deemed to be medical records and, as such, fall under statutory protection. Therefore, only the legal next of kin in the following priority may receive copies of reports: spouse, adult child, parent, adult sibling, any other relative of the deceased. In cases where criminal prosecution is anticipated, those involving unnatural death and certain other cases, copies of reports will be sent to law enforcement agencies and to the local commonwealth&#8217;s attorney. A written release from the legal next of kin is required for reports to be sent to other interested parties, such as insurance companies or private attorneys."

--snip--

Source: http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/FriendsFamilyFAQ.htm

I know what you mean, and it breaks my heart too that this search needs to be done. But it also breaks my heart wide open with gratitude and love that so many have worked so hard for so long to find this sweet child and bring her home to her grieving family. Whereas, the daily news and even the existence of sites like this reminds us daily of the evil in the world, the thousands who are actively searching, sleuthing, praying and comforting show us that there is much more good in this world than its opposite, and I for one, am so very grateful for that. Prayers and good wishes to all.

Thank you, Rolo! I feel the same as you and MJ. Looking at this picture of the delicate, colorful leaves, it seems almost that they, too, were victims-- forced to bear witness to an atrocity...

Two things: yay my first post, like so many, this case has touched my heart, and consumed my every thought. Not only because of the close vicinity to where HG was last seen to my place of employment, but as a mother to a young girl.

So 1st, I FIRMLY believe, there will be a ton of evidence and possible bodies found in that area. A friend of a friend was out with a group of girlfriends about 5 years ago, on the DT Mall, they dispersed to their separate cars at the end of the evening, and along comes a cabbie who says to the woman "Ma'am you probably shouldn't drive, I can give you a ride home and make sure you're safe", she agrees b/c she thinks to herself "wow I must've had more than I thought and am stumbling, maybe I shouldn't drive." She gets in the cab and nothing seems out of the ordinary until she realizes she never gave him her home address, she plays it cool until he comes to a stop at, where else? Walnut Creek Park. She escapes into the woods. He waited and looked for her for 2 hours. This is word of mouth from 3 people down the line, so could it be embellished? Probably, but if the core is true, which I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be...WOW. She did call police, gave description etc. and has been recently speaking to them again since HG's disappearance.

Secondly, the local who called in the "buzzards" tip at 3193 Old Lynchburg, was an avid hunter, he stated the type of birds he saw were the type that could kill a newborn calf, so as far as the rate of decomposition, it could very well be her. I also am very confident they have way more evidence to have come to the conclusion that it was Hannah. I do wonder about the hair....but we had VERY heavy rains the week before which could explain?

Thirdly, I believe once they took his vehicle, they found something more to connect him to MH

My two (three) cents, my opinions are of my own, and am relaying what I've heard.

Thanks for sharing that! Glad she made it! A growing cluster of tips then perhaps.

Nope unfortunately.

--snip--

"Are others entitled to a copy of the reports? In Virginia, the records of the medical examiner are deemed to be medical records and, as such, fall under statutory protection. Therefore, only the legal next of kin in the following priority may receive copies of reports: spouse, adult child, parent, adult sibling, any other relative of the deceased. In cases where criminal prosecution is anticipated, those involving unnatural death and certain other cases, copies of reports will be sent to law enforcement agencies and to the local commonwealth&#8217;s attorney. A written release from the legal next of kin is required for reports to be sent to other interested parties, such as insurance companies or private attorneys."

--snip--

Source: http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/FriendsFamilyFAQ.htm

Thank you. I was just hoping we could see if the autopsy report or ID was released yet, but I realize we would not have access to the actual report.

Thank you for sharing! I am glad she is talking with LE now. Do you know if she believes the cab driver was JM, based on her memory and on pictures of him in the media?

Welcome, fellow newbie:)

My bigger concern with it was whether or not the Grahams had been told the condition of what was found. I would certainly hope they wouldn't learn the condition of their daughter's remains from a media report. I can not imagine hearing that my child, who was thriving and vibrant and had her whole life ahead of her 6 weeks ago, was found to be a skull and vertebrae from ANYONE - but they should have heard it from Longo and not a press interview.

(And who knows, maybe they were already told . . . )

I thought it was said that her father came to the scene?

I am sure Longo told them the condition the body was in.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members