Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in San Diego said the same thing about the Chelsea King case.

Yet her parents discussed it with the DA and allowed a plea offer in order to bring finality to the Amber Dubois case.

There's still a lot not known about Amber's case, but at least her parents were able to bury their daughter. They've repeatedly expressed gratitude to the Kings for allowing them that, knowing JAG would have almost certainly gotten death just for Chelsea's murder.

And for there part, Chelsea's parents said that they couldn't imagine Amber's parents not being able to bury her and people always question if it wasn't really also JAG, etc. They also said that in a weird way it was going to be a blessing since Chelsea's brother wouldn't have to live through the horrors of a very prolonged, highly covered trial.

There was definitely some public outcry about the plea - I taught many of Chelsea's classmates and it literally happened in my backyard on the same trails I also ran on, and at the time, I was working blocks from where Amber had been abducted from - so I was right in the middle of the most 'passionate' area of the whole thing, but the sentiment was similar all over.

Yet the explanation from Chelsea's parents and the statements from Amber's family really calmed the debate about whether it was a good thing or not. And while yes, some people still think the wrong thing was done, very few would ever begrudge Amber's parents not having closure and her remains being brought home, nor Chelsea's family being able to avoid a trial they weren't completely eager to endure, despite the fact they would have been happy to have JAG on death row.

I'd think it's not out of the question it may be similar in VA - especially since it's definitely possible that it may be used like it was here in San Diego - as a bargaining chip to find other victims.

There's so much more at play in VA who knows what all else might come out even if he was offered (and took) a plea, whether for HG or HG and MH both or...?

And perhaps they'd extend it for those to get other remains, but have another they'd not allow a plea for or something :dunno:

IIRC, one of the deciding factors for the Kings' was their son, who they wanted to spare the trauma of years of litigation. I believe Amber also has a younger sibling.

Both families sought to create a life for these siblings not based on their sisters' deaths.

So many possibilities...

Like everyone else here, I cannot imagine what Hannah's friends and (especially) family are going through. I can only imagine. I'm not a spiritual person/believer, but I've had the family in my thoughts throughout this whole thing.

I also want to chime in with the people who mentioned what JLM's family is now going through. They are also victims here.

And, of course, the Fairfax victim who is getting ready to undergo a huge ordeal with the upcoming trial, reliving the terror - knowing what could have been the end result if not for the passerby interrupting the attack.

But, I also want to mention another person who deserves our thoughts. That young lady who initially reported the rape at Liberty University - and then backed out of moving forward with the charges. There was no question of who she was reporting. No circulation of sketches needed. She knew exactly who did it. DON'T GET ME WRONG - *I am not blaming her*, ....but consider how she must be feeling now. She's likely saying "If only I had pushed for justice in 2002, ...." Again, I'm not casting blame her way, but suggesting that she must be having immense feelings of regret and sorrow. Let's remember her.

RIP Hannah.

Kudos to LE and the community for working together to find HG AND succeed in putting a serial killer/rapist behind bars.

Did they find anyone else's bones yet? I've fallen far behind...

I completely agree with you! I was thinking the same thing on my drive home. My 6-year-old daughter was asking me to drive around the neighborhood so she can admire all the Halloween decorations. I immediately thought of Hannah, and how much her family and friends will be missing her, especially during holidays...for the rest of their lives! It so wrong and unfair! They raised their angel with all the love in their hearts, only to have this evil person violate, murder, and then dispose of her this way! Makes.me.sick! Sending lots of love....

I came to this thread very early this morning and kept it open all day as I read on other threads as well. I haven't posted much on the threads but have read constantly.

As a mother of two daughters and the grandmother of a college student, I am just devastated for the Graham'as well as the Harrington's. As I watched all of this unfold, I just couldn't help but think nonstop of Hannah out there somewhere just waiting to be found. I worried more at night because I almost couldn't bear to think of her out there in the darkness all alone, away from home and those who love her. To think that Hannah and Morgan was out there in the condition they were found in is beyond heartbreaking.

I am angry, very angry. I don't want there to be any plea deal. I want JLM to have to sit in court every day and know that it is all about the evil he has done to Hannah, Morgan, and the Fairfax victim. I want him to get the death penalty just as he gave to Hannah and Morgan. I want him also to have to listen to how brutal his attack was on the Fairfax victim. I want to see his face when the verdict is announced. I want him to suffer badly every remaining day of his life, then burn in hell when he is gone.

I am feeling very vindictive even though I know I am wrong to feel that way. JLM is no 'gentle giant'. He is a psychopathic murderer. I hope he rots in hell.

Sorry, folks. That is the way I feel. I also do not believe in plea deals.

May Hannah rest in heavenly peace, and her family know that so many, many people cared for her and loved her. GB the family whom are left behind. May peace and love be with them always.

MOO

RIP Hannah.

Kudos to LE and the community for working together to find HG AND succeed in putting a serial killer/rapist behind bars.

Did they find anyone else's bones yet? I've fallen far behind...

The searching in the area remains were found has ended (or appears to have) roads are reopened and no indication was given in the statement that confirmed the ID as Hannah about any other remains having been found. I would say that LE was simply being very thorough in searching for the point of entry, if this was the actual crime scene or a secondary dump site after the killing, etc. Nothing in LE statement or actions indicates any other remains found besides those of Hannah Graham.

@AugensteinWTOP: BREAKING: statement from #JesseMatthew's family on death of #HannahGraham, through lawyer Jim Camblos http://t.co/lubCcnuzqJ

It's so easy to forget that his monstrous acts are tearing up the hearts of his family as well. While I am filled with sympathy for the Grahams, I will reserve some pity for the Carrs. This is a tragedy that plays out on all fronts.

I hope they recovered her phone. They haven't said but I hope her parents get it and somehow get the pictures off of it.

Originally Posted by ThinkHard View Post
I agree with this! But I also think if prevention of the next girl is to happen, somewhere, not here, discussion should be allowed into how we all, but it seems particularly women can do things that perhaps make them less vulnerable to those who "hunt prey", such as implying the buddy system. Learning from tragedies is at times the best way to honor them.

Which is just what Help Save The Next Girl is all about. No blame, just prevention and education.

ThinkHard, during and after a tragedy of the magnitude of the Hannah Graham abduction/murder. There are many people that search their souls and ask themselves, "what can we do, not only to prevent this from happening to our families and others, but how can we get involved/participate in the growing missing/murdered person effort"? Considering the amount of locals from Charlottesville, VA and beyond that have joined Websleuths and contributed over the past 6 weeks. Imo, there will be many positives that will come from this tragedy. One will be those genuinely caring folks that step up in an attempt to answer that elusive question; Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_85GXsKqk
Why - Rascal Flatts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW9zMSwKIdU
I Won't Let Go - Rascal Flatts

The searching in the area remains were found has ended (or appears to have) roads are reopened and no indication was given in the statement that confirmed the ID as Hannah about any other remains having been found. I would say that LE was simply being very thorough in searching for the point of entry, if this was the actual crime scene or a secondary dump site after the killing, etc. Nothing in LE statement or actions indicates any other remains found besides those of Hannah Graham.

Thanks. I'm glad that more than one family is seeing some justice but I've been hoping (as I'm sure everyone else here is) that some of the others who are missing loved ones would find some closure as well. Time will tell... (hopefully)

I just logged in and found out about Hannah. Bless her family and friends. She had so much to live for and this creep destroyed everything dear.

I agree with this! But I also think if prevention of the next girl is to happen, somewhere, not here, discussion should be allowed into how we all, but it seems particularly women can do things that perhaps make them less vulnerable to those who "hunt prey", such as implying the buddy system. Learning from tragedies is at times the best way to honor them.

I agree but it sometimes seems hopeless. Each new group of college students, or even younger, generally want to do their experimenting, drinking, trying drugs, etc and there will always be some that end up alone by the end of night and there will always be predators. I think that allowing 18-20 years to drink on campus at campus-sponsored events on in their rooms is the only way to help prevent these types of attacks and murders. When they have to sneak into bars or go off campus to drink they are vulnerable to the outside world of a college town, where people like JM lurk, and the young women may be in states to end up as victims. We can talk and talk until ours heads spin, but Imo, this will keep n happening. It happens far too often as it is. But jmo.

Can someone quickly summarize why Casey Anthony didn't get convicted? It's baffling. Could this happen with JM?

Casey Anthony was not convicted because :
#1.)She had a great lawyer in Jose Baez
#2.)The case was overcharged
#3.) Jeffery Ashton is a buffoon
#4.)The scientific evidence was not credible
#5.) The trial was held in Florida

Could this happen with JM?.........Hard to say, probably best not to demand a death penalty , just get a conviction and put him in general population in prison.

Can someone quickly summarize why Casey Anthony didn't get convicted? It's baffling. Could this happen with JM?

Here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/casey-anthony-verdict-why-did-the-jury-say-not-guilty/

Especially ""They did not have cause of death or time of death and they still chose to go for a capital one murder charge," said Rose. "They chose to roll a big dice."

Rose believes that if Caylee's body had been found one day or even a week after she was missing, all of the questions that everyone has would be answered. Instead when Caylee's body was found,only bones - and circumstantial evidence - remained.

The prosecutors, according to Rose, should have gone for negligent homicide, in which the state would have to prove she wasn't watching the child properly and that is what led to her death."

Correct me if I'm wrong on who said this but I think it was Morgan Harrington's mother who rightly (imo) pointed out that sometimes it's not enough for a woman to do things to protect herself, sometimes they need help. For example, a woman can't always find girlfriends to walk her home from the grocery store late at night (or bar or corner store or whatever), nor can she always afford a cab or bus. Women can't control what other people are going to do to them and there's only so much that can be done to protect yourself. Everyone risks their own safety EVERY DAY in a multitude of ways, most are just not unlucky enough to lose their lives. To give an example of this, more people will be killed in cars this year than by serial killers. Should we tell everyone to stop driving? Expecting women to expect to be raped or murdered while simply walking around is not reasonable. Everyone takes chances and some people can't avoid it. Just my opinion.

I agree but it sometimes seems hopeless. Each new group of college students, or even younger, generally want to do their experimenting, drinking, trying drugs, etc and there will always be some that end up alone by the end of night and there will always be predators. I think that allowing 18-20 years to drink on campus at campus-sponsored events on in their rooms is the only way to help prevent these types of attacks and murders. When they have to sneak into bars or go off campus to drink they are vulnerable to the outside world of a college town, where people like JM lurk, and the young women may be in states to end up as victims. We can talk and talk until ours heads spin, but Imo, this will keep n happening. It happens far too often as it is. But jmo.

With all due respect, but I do not think that working toward confining drinking and leaving selves vulnerable to only other collegiates will keep them safe! UVA has a sadly notorious reputation for looking the other way as far as sexual assaults in order to protect its wanna be ivy reputation. A UVA silver spooned lacrosse player killed his silver spooned UVA lacrosse player girlfriend, and their coaches had been turning their cheeks to domestic violence and heavy drinking allegations for years! Despite the current national statistic about 1 in 4 women being victims of sexual assault while in college, UVA has expelled exactly 0!

You think he took pics of her? That's unimaginable.

You just never know. I was watching a crime show last night and the suspect took pics of himself with the victim's phone, which was left in her car by the suspect. DUH.

I hate vultures and I hate it that the dude who called it in wasn't more nosey.. Sigh

So sad :( I "knew" she was no longer "here", but the confirmation is just heartbreaking. My thoughts are with her family and friends. RIP Hannah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname