Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that just tickled my funny bone. "have fun on your trip--just my opinion". LOL! I'm gonna go finish some laundry now jmo (which means that may or may not happen). haha and thanks! <3

That goes way back to when I first joined up with WS. The fear was instilled in me to add JMO unless I had a link. Now my fingers just do it automatically. :gday:

<-----ME TOO! I rewatched some of her testimony yesterday just for giggles and grins, but it really just got me super irritated,

I don't think I've ever seen a witness, including Jodi Arias, who infuriated me more than Alyce LaViolette.

What kind of a person mocks the testimony of a victim impact statement from the sister of a murder victim?

I cannot even wrap my head around it.

Normally, the victims' families are off limits, because they are just innocent bystanders in a terrible tragedy and they lost a loved one. I have see a lot of vitriol thrown at this family for no reason and it's heartbreaking.

Well I hope the four jurors who said they could vote for death then didn't are watching this S$&@ going " oops, guess we made a huge mistake, she really didn't have any mitigators" DUH.....
GOD SPEED TO FINAL JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS AND HIS PRECIOUS LOVED ONES.

That is exactly why she would do it for her. To make sure she would not leave way for any appeals because Jodi was too "intimidated/scared" to plead for her life because of the viewers.

I feel like this is so clear to me....

I wholeheartedly agree! AZL already said JA is a convicted murderer - she doesn't not have the ability to control the judge like this. JSS would not risk the "administration of justice" for JA's wants & wishes.

This is someone that JSS felt had more rights than the media. There are very few categories that legally JSS could rule this way. IMO

Interesting!

MaryEllen Resendez &#8207;@maryellenabc15 55m55 minutes ago

Media requesting camera in court as Atty battles 4 "Stay" in #JodiArias court over mystery witness #opencourt #abc15

Radar luv, I gotta say, I can tell you're someone I'd love to meet. You seem like a hoot. I can tell by your avatar, and the " kitty strutting with attitude" that you have as a HUGE thing at the bottom.
I LOVE this board. I don't know how I could get through this hellish experience without y'all. KCL, it is SOOOO good to be hearing from you.

Hi all. Watching Andy Griffith episodes on youtube while waiting for that 3pm hearing. If the judge rules for a stay, how will she explain just cutting off someone's testimony to the jury? And will this lead to more delays?

That is exactly why she would do it for her. To make sure she would not leave way for any appeals because Jodi was too "intimidated/scared" to plead for her life because of the viewers.

I feel like this is so clear to me....

But you can't just complain about things on appeal--there has to be some legal argument. And there's no legal argument that the defendant has a right to be not scared in a death penalty trial.

What kind of a person mocks the testimony of a victim impact statement from the sister of a murder victim?

I cannot even wrap my head around it.

It was only some decades ago that 6 million Jews were murdered. It's hard to believe that evil people walk all around us but they do. Jodi being who is she attracts these morally bankrupt individuals. They can look at the autopsy photos of Travis and mock him. Yes they can and they do.

Hi all. Watching Andy Griffith episodes on youtube while waiting for that 3pm hearing. If the judge rules for a stay, how will she explain just cutting off someone's testimony to the jury? And will this lead to more delays?

She will just say that there was a scheduling issue and they have to take a witness out of order.

It shouldn't lead to more delays unless JA has no more witnesses. ;)

I dont want to out or slander anyone but this is a big deal (to me). I believe the part of that post that courtroom observer (or media or family) wanted hidden is the part where they seemed to know "Jodi is speaking to the jury today". Nothing else makes sense. Please PM me any thoughts you don't want out there publicly.

IIRC, the first tweets out that morning asserted that it was the murderer who was going to take the stand. And then suddenly it became a maybe. And then something else. I am struck by the fact that Kiefer had tweeted:
Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · Oct 30

Stephens trying to boot press. Does this mean #JodiArias was going to be next witness? Just a guess.
0 replies 7 retweets 13 favorites

The reason I find it striking was that I didn't see the logic in it. Why the supposition that if it was going to be a closed court, it would be Arias? Why does she come to mind first?

I'm not saying anything here, other than I can't figure out how that leap was made.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to post since my account just got activated. Wanted so badly to chime in lol. Hi all.

Some posters suspecting this secret witness is Auntie Sue; I think so too. As mentioned by others, Auntie Sue has been missing this go around and unlike the first trial where she was present nearly everyday, which I find odd. To my understanding of being a witness, you can't attend that trial. The other reason has me believe its her is that early on in this trial, Mr. Martinez was questioning Detective Flores regarding the phone, like how the sex call was recorded, how did the defense team get it and then asked if he knows what accomplice is. Objection was made and sidebar. When he returns to questioning again, nothing more was said. I may be wrong, my memory does betray me a lot of times ;).

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to post since my account just got activated. Wanted so badly to chime in lol. Hi all.

Some posters suspecting this secret witness is Auntie Sue; I think so too. As mentioned by others, Auntie Sue has been missing this go around and unlike the first trial where she was present nearly everyday, which I find odd. To my understanding of being a witness, you can't attend that trial. The other reason has me believe its her is that early on in this trial, Mr. Martinez was questioning Detective Flores regarding the phone, like how the sex call was recorded, how did the defense team get it and then asked if he knows what accomplice is. Objection was made and sidebar. When he returns to questioning again, nothing more was said. I may be wrong, my memory does betray me a lot of times ;).

I agree that these are strong indications that Auntie Sue may be testifying in this phase, but why close the courtroom and hide her identity? I think the mystery witness has to be someone else. JSS has had David Bodney pestering her about the 1st Amd for the duration of this trial and IMO would not make a decision like this unless she felt backed into a corner.

O

Welcome to the madness! :guitar:

That's a good one. But I don't understand why JSS would grant all these special requests just for good old Aunt Sue. What could she be scared of? Her assocation with JA is well-known.

I really cannot contribute to this tactic by the DT and CMJA.

I am fine with the courtroom being closed- I know who is in there protecting Travis and his rights. I am good with that.

I have all the faith in the world in Juan Martinez, in fact I will go as far as saying that if I, or any member of my family were murdered, he is the guy I would trust to bring justice to me or them.

What I can't stand is that all of this has completely taken away from the statements given yesterday by Tanisha and Steven.

I don't want this trial delayed by a media stay.

I want this trial to move forward, with or without us... with or without the media.

I want this over for Travis' family and loved ones.

I want CMJA to go away.

Off to prison forever with one of two sentences... and at this point I don't even care which. Both have their benefits.

I want Travis' family to begin to rebuild their lives, like KCL has managed to do, and for them to move forward... like Travis would desperately want them to.

It would kill him all over again to know what damage CMJA has managed to reek on their lives and he would want nothing more than for it to END.

I want all the talk focused back on him... his legacy... his life and the triumph of his siblings over his adversary- once and for all.

I listened to CMJA leaked phone call- she is NOT the wilting flower she would have anyone, including Travis, believe. She is calculating, articulate, and maneuvers like a psychotic chess player in the game of life. The leaked letter to a web guy frighteningly illustrates this- very well. She could have been a CEO like the likes of Bernie Madhoff (just contemplate that one for a brief moment) had things gone differently for her- earlier on in life... or if her family hadn't been so middle class and ordinary.

We should ALL thank our lucky stars they weren't.

Travis' murder stopped this budding serial killer, psychopath... in her tracks... and soon she will receive her due reward... at least what will be meted out for her remaining time here on earth.

What comes later... will be what she truly deserves and I understand why that is her worst fear.

It should be!

FWIW, katie, I think you've got two JA sites mixed up with the other. justice4jodiann is the group that JA turned her back on and who have recently changed their donation gimmick from a JA appeals fund to a generic victim's fund. I've noticed justice4jodiann trying to act like he's in court but it's just news tweeted by media that he twists to make it sound like JA is winning every point in court. I doubt seriously he has anyone in court at all.

The site where that vitriol originated is the JAII site - this is the group sanctioned by JA, Aunt Sue and MDLR. Their private room is called Vent Room. The comment was SS and posted by TA supporters who indicated that they knew the Justus poster and that this person had been playing two sides. Posting one way w/ TA supporters and the other way with JA supporters - that's probably why Justus wanted it deleted, because he/she meant to post it privately. Who that person is, or whether they are in court, I don't know, but I'll see what I can find out.

I don't think either of these groups have anyone in the courtroom, other than JAII's affiliation with Aunt Sue and possibly MDLR. Additionally I doubt that these two factions would cooperate on anything. They're rivals, and AFAICS bitter ones at that.

TY. lol. The deal with the kitty is back when this trial aired last year it seems like everyone had a gif, either for a siggy or to express their feelings through picture at the time. This time, after about a year gone, I logged back on and no one had them anymore. But I like my kitty (that sounds SO weird, lol), so I decided to keep it.

Radar luv, I gotta say, I can tell you're someone I'd love to meet. You seem like a hoot. I can tell by your avatar, and the " kitty strutting with attitude" that you have as a HUGE thing at the bottom.
I LOVE this board. I don't know how I could get through this hellish experience without y'all. KCL, it is SOOOO good to be hearing from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa