GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about (alleged) perpetrator's rights. At what point does CL (and AL) have a right to know what evidence led to their arrest? I would think that it has to be disclosed to prisoners and their attorneys at some point, right?? (Thinking of the Heather Elvis case, too.)
I'm not sure any of this pertains to your question, but it is The Process of a Criminal Case. Pretty interesting read.
I used to work for an attorney years ago. I should've paid more attention!
http://www.harringtonbrewsterclein.com/CriminalDefense/process_of_a_criminal_case.html

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-when-the-prosecution-must-disclose.html

Is there a particular period of time prior to trial when the defense is supposed to engage in discovery?
Not really. Prosecutors can’t disclose all discovery on the eve of trial, but on the other hand, they don’t have to divulge it all way ahead of time. Discovery can unfold gradually. For example, a defendant’s attorney might receive a copy of the police report at the first court appearance, but might not receive a prosecution expert’s written analysis of blood evidence until shortly before trial.

But they would have the affidavit that lead to the arrest on the first court date. That would be a given.

Appreciate your point of view but a few discrepancies.... Not sure what your market is, but where I live and work is a fast paced, high end, urban area where it is very common to have buyer calls to see a listing on a Sunday afternoon for that evening -or just about anytime really- and agents here, very top quality professionals I might add, never turn the buyer away if either party is unable to arrange a meeting at the office for ID check at the time. You may find the scenario unprofessional but I can assure you neither this agent nor myself are unprofessional! This is a $2million dollar listing and the owners happen to be best friends with my partner who acted on improvisation in order to not turn down a buyer. It was the sellers idea to stay with her as her friend and client. It turned out the buyer who came with his agent ...loved the home and is now entertaining an offer. The seller is thrilled. As is my partner. Keep in mind as I'm sure you are aware real estate practice is not some monolithic across-the-country standard rigidly adhered to, and each market has its own style of practice and pace. There is no such thing as a blanket "policy" as you indicate that extends across all offices and regions as some Realtor dictate. I've been practicing for decades representing an elite roster of high-profile clientele successfully, and find the "highly unprofessional" critique unwarranted in this case, but you were judging without all the information so that can happen.... We all look out for each other here, as independent contractors. We have had a few serious crime issues, as many areas have, but most of the real estate crimes here have occurred at open houses ironically.

I worked in a fast paced booming market in western Canada for 30 years, for a large multi-national US based real estate company that rhymes with me/max.

Meeting and interviewing clients in the safety of your office saves a lot of time in the long run, and separates the wheat from the chafe ... something agents should consider, rather than running with anybody and anyone that has a whim to see houses. If buying a home is a top priority for a buyer, they will be available to see homes at the convenience of the agent and seller... good gawd, you don't just drop everything.

Those clients never amount to anything anyway, and you have no control as a professional...The seller expects more.

In your initial post, you failed to mention that the seller is best friends with the agent. A whole different scenario.
If female. or male agents are spooked to show properties, and aren't bringing only serious, qualified buyers, as promised, what really do they have to offer the seller? Again, JMO.
I didn't mean to get OT, but had to respond to your post.

@nojusticenusa

Just curious if you've heard how CL is doing in jail? Have your friends visited her? Innocent or guilty, I can't help but feel sorry for her.
I'm kind of claustrophobic and the thought of being in a confined space? OH.M.Gee, they'd probably have to sedate me!

This is not being mean to you or anything like that... You feel sorry for her, innocent or GUILTY?

i'm new-ish here, but is it typical for friends of the accused to come to the boards to defend them? I feel like we've lost focus on beverly being the victim here and it's all about keeping cl's name out of the mud (too late, imo).

thank you!

Voice4thesilent, your post was soo good but long so I didn't want to quote for space.
Not everyone knows I thought another arrest was coming.. I think that was a PM between you and I, lol but thank you for the shout out.
People only see what we want them to see... so true! I believe, as you do, that CL made one bad delusion too many and LE wouldn't have arrested her without hard evidence.
The dirty underwear you are so right about! It was weird. Like.. Why make such a big deal about that when so much else is going on? There very well could be something there. I don't even want to imagine what it could mean and just hoping Those underwear don't come in as evidence.
We need to Somehow check those old CL listings. I don't know how. There is something there I bet.
I understand NoJustice doesn't want to see her friend bashed here and worries her kids will read here. I wish this group was private with members only and no guests allowed without registering, but the fact is, like you said, BC is the victim .. CL is the accused and this group is not set up as a defense lawyers dream. We sleuth for the victims and we have opinions that we are entitled to based on what we find. Nature of the "charged for murder" beast that you lose all privacy and people will form opinions of you. I feel pity for NoJustice at this point. She is trying to do what she feels is right and she feels in her heart CL is innocent. I commend her for being here to help us find the truth. I just hope if we are right and she is wrong, that she doesn't leave and feel like she hurt anything by helping. She is helping. She wants the truth. She loves her friend. No crime there.
Anyway.. Good job everyone! Keep the theories coming.

I have never heard anything bad about BC until the rumors AFTER she was murdered which as I have said I will not be posting because they are rumors as far as I am concerned. It depends on what town you are referring to as to the number. There are many towns around this area that are all sort of connected. Scott (where Beverly lived is a very small rural area). Cabot (where body was found is bigger than Scott) but not as big as Jacksonville (address of AL and CL) although they really lived in what is considered Gravel Ridge (small area that is under the Sherwood police watch). There is also North Little Rock (bigger town) that is where BC worked and the realty office was located. I know confusing, right?

I am not here to take any focus off BC or what has happened to her. I want justice for her because everyone deserves justice in situations like this one. I know some of you sound angry that I am here and voicing my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say but please know that IF I find out I am wrong about CL, I will be the first one to come here and admit it. Until then I will continue to be her voice to defend her since she is unable to do so from behind bars. I 100% believe she is innocent of any charge of kidnapping or murder. I'm still out on any other involvement, such as giving him money when he was on the run or some other stupid thing she may have done to aid AL prior to realizing he was involved in this (when I say aid, I mean a ride to somewhere, NOT help him kill BC or hide her body…let's be clear on that). Remember things happened quickly and he was on the run and captured before they actually found the body and his statements on tv admitting to the kidnapping.

As to my intentions for CL. I am here for the truth. I spoke to my friend today that was the friend who originally got the attorney involved for CL. My friend spoke to the attorney and was told to tell CL's friends to keep supporting her and that they would not end up with "egg on their face" for having believed in her. I'm reading between the lines that the attorney does not think she is guilty of murder or kidnapping. I have no reason to believe my friend would make that up. She is a good and honest person as far as my dealing with her. I believe the attorney told her those words.

This is my first post, so forgive me if I am doing it incorrectly somehow. Is there somewhere to further research these rumors you mentioned? I understand that you don't want to post them, and that is your right, but for those of us who haven't heard that angle of the story, where could we go to see those discussions? I am NOT trying to spread rumors or lies about the victim, but I do think the rumors could be a valuable source of information, if they are traced back to someone with a motive to spread them. I hope that makes sense.

You feel sorry for her, innocent or GUILTY?
We had just been discussing in previous posts about how women fall victim to bad boys. Yes, I do believe CL was an AL victim. I guess I should've added that in my post too before it was taken out of context. She has no previous records that I'm aware of and probably wouldn't if she and AL's paths had not crossed. Probably her first time in jail---has to be scary! Soooo, let me rephrase: I feel sorry for her for being in jail because I don't think she'd be there if she had not been a victim of AL. I guess I should've worded it-- that innocent or guilty I feel sorry for her being a victim of AL. Sorry for the confusion. I'll try not to make my future posts as vague as that one.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/...guilty-to-murder/30290/lU9H_MsreUeQW2Odd9sCuA

Pulaski County Deputy Prosecutor John Johnson said his office has until December 1st to finalize the charges. "We have 60 days to investigate and decide how to finalize the charges."

Does this mean they have until Dec 1st to add additional charges to AL such as rape or whatever they may discover or does it mean to decide if they will ask for DP?

nojusticenusa, I would like to ask you a question regarding your conversations with Crystal after Arron's arrest. What was her demeanor during your discussions? Was Crystal befuddled, bewildered, shocked, terrified, horrified, regretful, sorrowful, hysterical, etc.... I could go on and on; but, hopefully you will understand what I am requesting.

I would caution you to not put too much stock into what CL's attorney is saying at this point. He is not aware of all the evidence LE has against her and surely does not want CL's friends to desert her. I am the poster who has been down this road before. Sadly, after so many lies and much manipulation, I lost a treasured relationship with my friend and her family. I couldn't ever have predicted the events that occurred. It is still heartbreaking to me.

A few posts back I was reminded that you are a friend to both Beverly and CL. Tough spot to be in for sure. Both women are fortunate to have such a dedicated and devoted friend. I hope you are holding up alright.

Does anyone know if AL was found to in fact be the person who posted on Craigslist a while back about a fantasy with a real estate agent?

It never really crossed my mind that she may have been involved (because I'm naive). Right after AL was arrested, I perused his FB page as well as CL's. I HATE that I didn't think to screenshot anything as now they have both been removed.

I bring this up because I got all websleuthy and looked at a couple of CL's FB friends profiles. I remember thinking it was a super big coincidence that one guy (iirc shared her same last name/maybe maiden name) had shared a link to a "Missing Realtor" news story before AL's involvement was public.

Of course I can't remember who it was but it was the first thing that popped into my head once I heard she'd been arrested.

Did anyone else see it? I'm going to check my google search history and see if it rings any bells.

I'm not saying he had anything to do with it all, but I remember thinking "wow, that's strange."

I have never heard anything bad about BC until the rumors AFTER she was murdered which as I have said I will not be posting because they are rumors as far as I am concerned. It depends on what town you are referring to as to the number. There are many towns around this area that are all sort of connected. Scott (where Beverly lived is a very small rural area). Cabot (where body was found is bigger than Scott) but not as big as Jacksonville (address of AL and CL) although they really lived in what is considered Gravel Ridge (small area that is under the Sherwood police watch). There is also North Little Rock (bigger town) that is where BC worked and the realty office was located. I know confusing, right?

I am not here to take any focus off BC or what has happened to her. I want justice for her because everyone deserves justice in situations like this one. I know some of you sound angry that I am here and voicing my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like what I have to say but please know that IF I find out I am wrong about CL, I will be the first one to come here and admit it. Until then I will continue to be her voice to defend her since she is unable to do so from behind bars. I 100% believe she is innocent of any charge of kidnapping or murder. I'm still out on any other involvement, such as giving him money when he was on the run or some other stupid thing she may have done to aid AL prior to realizing he was involved in this (when I say aid, I mean a ride to somewhere, NOT help him kill BC or hide her body…let's be clear on that). Remember things happened quickly and he was on the run and captured before they actually found the body and his statements on tv admitting to the kidnapping.

As to my intentions for CL. I am here for the truth. I spoke to my friend today that was the friend who originally got the attorney involved for CL. My friend spoke to the attorney and was told to tell CL's friends to keep supporting her and that they would not end up with "egg on their face" for having believed in her. I'm reading between the lines that the attorney does not think she is guilty of murder or kidnapping. I have no reason to believe my friend would make that up. She is a good and honest person as far as my dealing with her. I believe the attorney told her those words.
NJ I think you are an awesome friend. Too many so called friends don't stick by you when little things happen, much less the big things. Even if she is guilty, that doesn't mean you don't still care about her. Just because some people do evil things, you don't just stop caring by flipping a switch. I for one am glad to have you here.

Does anyone know if AL was found to in fact be the person who posted on Craigslist a while back about a fantasy with a real estate agent?

It never really crossed my mind that she may have been involved (because I'm naive). Right after AL was arrested, I perused his FB page as well as CL's. I HATE that I didn't think to screenshot anything as now they have both been removed.

I bring this up because I got all websleuthy and looked at a couple of CL's FB friends profiles. I remember thinking it was a super big coincidence that one guy (iirc shared her same last name/maybe maiden name) had shared a link to a "Missing Realtor" news story before AL's involvement was public.

Of course I can't remember who it was but it was the first thing that popped into my head once I heard she'd been arrested.

Did anyone else see it? I'm going to check my google search history and see if it rings any bells.

I'm not saying he had anything to do with it all, but I remember thinking "wow, that's strange."

As someone fairly local, i dont find that strange at all. My FB feed was covered with "Find Beverly" shares. It was a huge story around here.

I thought it was the ex husband who shared an article, and it was an article that listed ArronLewis as a suspect. I Believe that's the ex that now has her daughter.

I might be wrong. My memory is not always the greatest.

Hey, don't feel bad for sticking up for your friend. I would do the same if it was one of my close friends. It must be such a shock and so surreal for you at the moment. I guess we just come from a totally different perspective as we don't know either Beverly or your friend and her husband. I just want to thank you being so open about it all. I don't live in the USA so I find it hard at times to understand what the towns and communities are like, as I'm used to a small city in England. It's useful for me to get a perspective of what your community is like. Thanks again for being so open.

Her ex hubs is Kyle Lowery on FB and he shared that before AL was a suspect. I just assumed maybe he did that because he had previously lived in that area.

Snipped for space and BBM...

whatever proof LE has that ties CL to this murder isn't small and isn't questionable and her arrest, coming so much after AL's arrest, wasn't quick or hasty at all. I do not believe for one second that LE has charged CL with kidnapping and murder just to hold her because they feel like she is innocent but might be withholding some small bits of information from LE. Also, a phone being in her home that she shared with AL wouldn't be enough to arrest her for murder. If she was charged with receiving stolen goods (and the charge is because of BC's phone) then I believe LE has proof that CL received the phone into her possession, not just that someone placed it on her dresser in a room that (I assume) she shared with her husband. With that said, I also know that I would probably feel the same way about protecting my friend and try and think of reasons, no matter how improbable they might be, to convince myself that my friend had absolutely nothing to do with such a heinous and callous crime. NoJustice, you are doing a fine job of trying to point guilt away from your friend, deserved or not. No one should be placed in a situation in which they find themselves interviewing neighbors and associates because their friend is in jail for murder. Her actions, no matter how involved in this crime you believe her to be, have negatively effected everyone in her circle of friends and family and I feel for every one of them.

Something that bothered me when I read it mentioned upthread....if my husband was in jail for kidnapping and murder, I was in the process of having custody of my daughter taken away from me, couldn't pay my bills, and knew it was a possibility that LE would be arresting me as an accomplice to murder, as well, I think that LE confiscating my dirty underwear would be one of my last concerns....unless there is some evidence contained within that she is worried about. I guess we will have to wait and see.

MOO CL was there when BC was murdered and was directly responsible for her kidnapping (maybe she was the one who set up the meeting and lured BC to that house under false pretenses? Another wait and see....) If she was at school the night that BC was kidnapped it doesn't mean she didn't have anything to do with her kidnapping. If I was on the verge of being arrested for murdering someone I would do everything in my power to convince everyone around me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I had NOTHING to do with the murder. If I was a murderer, lying through my teeth wouldn't be a stretch. All I can say about the nature of people is that people can be many different things to many different people. We show people what we want them to see of us. No one is a murderer...until they are.

We also have to remember that (and I say this with all due respect) the story of AL playing video games like any other day just a few short hours after BC's kidnapping is just that, a story from CL. It might be true, or it might be a lie told by someone who murdered and kidnapped someone. He may have been playing video games or he may not have been home or the two of them might have been doing something connected with the murder and kidnapping. We don't know what the true evidence is as it is all sealed. To me, CL's version of what occurred is just as believable as AL's version of what he said occurred, so I am taking it with a grain of salt.

I can definitely agree on one thing, CL made very bad decisions that effected all of her children. I am the same age as she is and would NEVER have put my children in the situation that she put hers in. If she had a great job she didn't need anyone to pay her bills for her. If she needed money, she should have gone back to work. She is a grown woman old enough to know better, or at the very least, old enough to figure it out relatively quickly and get OUT of a bad situation, if for no one else but for her daughter's sake. No way she didn't know the illegal activities that AL was up to. Unless I receive proof otherwise, it is my opinion that there is truth to the rumors about how the two of them were making money illegally online. AL treated her like crap....and she stayed and kept her daughter in that situation. I do not feel sorry for her. I feel sorry that CL's daughter has a mother who put her own needs above the well being of her daughter. It may be harsh but CL is in jail for murder and kidnapping. If she is guilty, she obviously had little regard for her daughter. I keep reading on this thread that CL made one bad decision after another. Perhaps it isn't too much of a stretch to believe that murder was another of those bad decisions she seemed to continually make since meeting AL.

CL was arrested for kidnapping and murder, while I understand some people's needs to stick up for her and try and paint a different picture of her on here, I don't think it is right to post negatively about her ex and her ex's new wife (who are also victims of CL's choices and will have to clean up the mess that she made in her daughter's life) when neither are sitting in jail charged with murder and kidnapping a stranger. CL AND AL are charged with the same exact crime. I think equally of both of them and will continue to unless one of them is released and their charges are dropped.

The later arrest of CL leads me also to believe that DNA and/or other forensic evidence is what is tying her to the crime.

Do we know if CL's car was one of the items that were taken by LE? We know LE has CL's dirty underwear and BC's phone....do we know what else they removed from the home?

I don't know the area around those parts at all so I would have to refer to those of you on here who live there. If there was a crime scene separate from the burial site, from the house that was for sale, and from CL's home how likely would it have hit the news? I assume we would have heard about it but want to make sure that the locals would agree. If there was no other "crime scene" then her death had to have occurred either at the For Sale home, in a transport vehicle, at CL's home, or at the burial location (as these are the areas we know LE has focused on throughout their investigation.)

Last, I have to agree with everyone who said it much better than I am about to...BC is the victim here (and her family and her friends.) Not AL. Not CL. AL & CL (for whatever reason) chose to kidnap and murder a woman much, much better than them. Makes me sick to my stomach. (And I believe we can post our opinion as such without being a lynch mob wanting to tar and feather someone without their due date in court.) Bottom line, it is Beverly that did not deserve what happened at the hands of those two. I believe that LE knows what they are doing and that BOTH AL & CL are exactly where they belong. I may be wrong (as I have been in the past) but if both are, indeed, guilty of their charges, I hope they rot in jail for what they did to Beverly and her family.

VERY WELL SAID!!! Thank you!

nojusticenusa, I would like to ask you a question regarding your conversations with Crystal after Arron's arrest. What was her demeanor during your discussions? Was Crystal befuddled, bewildered, shocked, terrified, horrified, regretful, sorrowful, hysterical, etc.... I could go on and on; but, hopefully you will understand what I am requesting.

I would caution you to not put too much stock into what CL's attorney is saying at this point. He is not aware of all the evidence LE has against her and surely does not want CL's friends to desert her. I am the poster who has been down this road before. Sadly, after so many lies and much manipulation, I lost a treasured relationship with my friend and her family. I couldn't ever have predicted the events that occurred. It is still heartbreaking to me.

A few posts back I was reminded that you are a friend to both Beverly and CL. Tough spot to be in for sure. Both women are fortunate to have such a dedicated and devoted friend. I hope you are holding up alright.

BBM

Great post!

I agree regarding your statement about her attorney (and am so sorry about your loss and heartbreak.) If I might also add, a defense attorney's job is made easier the more liked and supported his or her client appears to be by the public. It doesn't surprise me, not having all of the evidence in his possession (or even if he does!), that he would encourage her "camp" to continue supporting her. To me that tells me nothing about her guilt or innocence....only that her attorney is doing his job. (What, really, would he say to her friend? "I'm going to defend her as though she is innocent but between you and me, run for the hills?" :hills: )

Maybe I should go back and refresh my memory myself but was NoJustice an acquaintance of BC or her friend? To me there is a BIG difference.

Just curious..... does anyone know where AL was from Friday to Sunday before his wreck? I know it has been said CL stayed somewhere else all weekend - has it crossed anyone else's mind that maybe CL wasn't home because she was somewhere maybe "babysitting" BC? Just a thought ...... IMOO it could be possible.

BBM

That is definitely a possibility......even if she occasionally went back to her ex boyfriend's. (In reality, we don't know for sure if she was even staying at her ex-boyfriend's or spending any or all of her time there. All we know is she SAYS she was spending her time there.) If kidnapping for ransom was the objective I could see CL not wanting to leave her husband alone to babysit an attractive, successful woman....especially with his track record.

For CL to be charged with kidnapping also, the have something they think proves she participated in the kidnapping or held Beverly against her will. They were on to AL right away but didnt rush to arrest him until the accident. He has been in jail so many times his fingerprints were already in a data base. CL, on the other hand, has no previous criminal record. LE wouldnt have CL fingerprints until they hauled her in on the receiving stolen property. Her prints would be in the car, the house and so on. So what if her prints matched prints lifted where they shouldnt have been? Her prints is one thing that cant be transferred dna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500