MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone can look at google earth, measure the distance from the crime scene to the house we can get an estimate of how long it took the boys, considering them having to run through woods, even if they knew the trails.

For the sake of discussion, what is the closest side street the actor could have turned down to avoid responding LE and still ended up on a road that would have provided quick exit from the area? I admit this would have required prior planning, but for those who are pointing the finger directly at one person, lets make sure we have eliminated all the other possible scenarios. :)

15 minutes is very reasonable. I think by road it was between a quarter and a third of a mile, I don't know how far it would have been cross country by way that the boys ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes is very reasonable. I think by road it was between a quarter and a third of a mile, I don't know how far it would have been cross country by way that the boys ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, would you agree at this juncture that a car could have left the area by a side road, avoided LE and been out of the area by the time the crime scene had received it's first evaluation by responding LE?

If someone can look at google earth, measure the distance from the crime scene to the house we can get an estimate of how long it took the boys, considering them having to run through woods, even if they knew the trails.

untitled.png

I took an old picture I posted in thread 10 to give an example here of how far the boys ran. With the black dots compared to the 1/2 mile blue line, it completes a perfect square, so about a half mile they ran. One of the boys waited at the treeline I'm assuming, so it maybe took 3 to 10 minutes to reach home?

So, would you agree at this juncture that a car could have left the area by a side road, avoided LE and been out of the area by the time the crime scene had received it's first evaluation by responding LE?

There aren't really any "side roads" from the abduction spot. 16th Ave. didn't have a side road branching off it to the north (in 1989) until Baker Street, which wound around the back way to Tom Thumb. (Dale Street didn't go anywhere back then.) There are NO side roads anywhere south of the abduction spot (that aren't dead ends).

View attachment 62929

I took an old picture I posted in thread 10 to give an example here of how far the boys ran. With the black dots compared to the 1/2 mile blue line, it completes a perfect square, so about a half mile they ran. One of the boys waited at the treeline I'm assuming, so it maybe took 3 to 10 minutes to reach home?

Outstanding! So we have 10 min plus 7 min plus time for the parties involved to pass information in a panicked, charged and emotional situation. A minimum of 20 minutes. Now LE has to respond to the scene and since the threat of a firearm is involved, the responding officer is going to use caution both because of the firearm and a potential hostage situation. More time for the actor to exit the area with Jacob. If an actor was exiting the area by heading towards the top of the picture you posted, what is the closest side road he could have accessed that would have taken him to a major road and avoided responding LE?

New tires could have been purchased in Minneapolis even.

Outstanding! So we have 10 min plus 7 min plus time for the parties involved to pass information in a panicked, charged and emotional situation. A minimum of 20 minutes. Now LE has to respond to the scene and since the threat of a firearm is involved, the responding officer is going to use caution both because of the firearm and a potential hostage situation. More time for the actor to exit the area with Jacob. If an actor was exiting the area by heading towards the top of the picture you posted, what is the closest side road he could have accessed that would have taken him to a major road and avoided responding LE?

There is an identified POI.

Why do people refuse to accept the POI?

There are multiple agencies that worked this. It is not the sheriff who decided the POI.

What kind of personality does the POI have? That would be interesting to find out

There are multiple agencies that worked this. It is not the sheriff who decided the POI.

What kind of personality does the POI have? That would be interesting to find out

POI is not a convicted actor. "The moment you think you have “figured it out”; you have limited your vision of the case and are in danger of missing a critical component".

New tires could have been purchased in Minneapolis even.

It is obvious that just because they "maybe" identified the tire tracks as new that it wasn't enough to storm cellars of anyone who got new tires.

It is obvious that just because they "maybe" identified the tire tracks as new that it wasn't enough to storm cellars of anyone who got new tires.

Very true. It was 14 years before "chance" identified one set of prints....or so we are told.

I will share three more of my personal guidelines as they apply to this case. For your viewing pleasure only as they would have to been applied at the time of the abduction.

Keep the mounted searchers and ATV’s out of a search area until you have concluded that there are no usable tracks or track trail. Have them transport the sign cutters ahead of you by other routes than the trail you are tracking on. ATV’s, dirt bikes and horses do an amazing job of unwittingly destroying print evidence.

95% of Fire Departments (including rural) DO NOT know how to conduct a missing person search correctly. Be prepared for them to pull territorial rank and try to be the lead team. They will destroy evidence. It is your choice to continue with the mission or pull out based on your assessment of the knowledge and professionalism of the Incident Command Team.

Get a forensics team in early to photograph and make casts of prints before they degrade. Insist on it with the ICS Commander. What starts out as a missing person case can turn very quickly into an abduction or homicide.

And a couple more that might support the POI theory:

"Always assume the LKP is contaminated. Start working around the perimeter to pick up the trail. If there is no trail, the subject is still in the LKP or was transported out of the area by other means".

"Ensure that all sheds, barns and outbuildings, including abandoned structures are searched a second time. Do not assume it has been done, or done thoroughly. Check them for signs of activity (prints)".

I'm not discounting the POI but he has been this for years without any movement towards an arrest or movement towards clearing his name. Of course i don't know what LE do about him. He's definately someone to consider but all the while trying other avenues for what might have occured.

I've pondered if the POI that has been released by LE is so that other POI involved are not tipped off they are being looked at carefully thinking they are "off the hook" when the publicly discussed POI seems to be the focus. Possibly.

Baker Street had an outlet to the east that went to the front of the Del-Win Ballroom and also out to Hwy. 75. Hwy. 75 leads to I94 now, not sure where they connected back in 1989. But 75 is a major highway that goes west to St. John's, Alexandria, Sauk Centre, and east to St. Cloud and the Twin Cities.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/BakerStreet.jpg.html?sort=4&o=26

I can see lots of tire tracks shown on this photo. Pictured center is Steve Mund (LE) who took photos of footprints and tire tracks, and also made plaster casts. Not sure who the other LE is.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/walkdriveway.jpg.html?sort=4&o=30

This Mpls. Star Tribune article from Feb. 2004 (after Kevin came forward) states that Interstate 94 was only a couple miles away.
Part 1:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/start1.jpg.html?sort=4&o=31
Part 2:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/start2.jpg.html?sort=4&o=32

I've pondered if the POI that has been released by LE is so that other POI involved are not tipped off they are being looked at carefully thinking they are "off the hook" when the publicly discussed POI seems to be the focus. Possibly.

That's not impossible; interesting thought! And, if that were the case, would frankly, be a good idea.

Hello, everyone. New poster to the JW threads.

Regarding the "medical cop" question...

I don't remember where I saw this years ago, but I do think that there are such things as "medical cops" as in county health officials who have some kind of police power. If I were such a person and wanted to quickly explain my function, I guess "medical cop" would work as well as anything. I could be completely misremembering what I saw, but I thought I'd throw that out.

DR was in a video with DR. Why would DR go along with a ruse?

What do you mean "DR was in a video with DR"....did you mean 'Kevin'? Do you have a link to that video? He(DR) wouldn't go along with a ruse....not knowingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname