Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall a letter that JA's mom sent to Judge Duncan (I believe it was when KN tried to get off the case in March of 2011). I recall reading it, wherein she said Mr. Arias had just had a heart attack, was on dialysis, and had been treated for lymphoma. She was pleading with the judge to keep KN on the case. She also said JA was an asset to other prisoners at the jail. Dang, I can't find it now. Off to look again.

****All I can find is the content of the letter and what she wrote. I can't find the actual document though, so I won't attempt to provide a link as I think it is against the TOS.

I remember it. And she told of how much confidence and trust Jodi had in him and if her was replace how much it would hurt Jodi's case?

....thanks Daisy, just seeing this! I should have looked here first to put together the tweets from today.

ETA: ILikeToBendPages, Daisy's tweets were an easy reference to find out "08:29AM @TrialDiariesJ Alexander family is all here, Jodi's mom, Flores etc #jodiarias" FWIW

Maybe it was a break, I know remarks were made about it. I watch wat

Yes, but would a death in the family cause no trial for 2 whole days?

If I had a death of an immediate family member, I would be OFF THE JURY, no if ands or buts. How could one even THINK of anything else or to make logical decisions in a capital murder case even if someone in that position was to return after such.

That's :moo: and just me perhaps.... I've had immediate family deaths and my mind couldn't focus for a very long time.

And about the shaved, we have constant commercial about getting rid of that nasty hair with the special product of the week. It's up there with the lawsuit for the pelvic sling that is played over and over.

Confirmation regarding the email sent to the 9 year old girl by Jeff Hughes has been posted on the State vs Jodi site. It is a normal PPL mass email titled "proof is in the pudding". He claims her name must have been included by mistake. He himself has sent out similar mass messages with the same title.

Dr. Fonseca reviewed a voluminous amount of evidence :thinking: :laughing: :hand: :nerves: . . .I don't know who is more delusional the good doctor or the convicted killer. What on earth does she mean:

vo·lu·mi·nous
[vuh-loo-muh-nuh s]
adjective

Examples of the word Voluminous:

1. The enormous amount of hot air Nurmi expels in conjunction with his witness.
2. Number of books in the Library of Congress
3. Pantene Shampoo
4. Book Sales Harry Potter Series

Rhymes with VOLUMINOUS

ignoramous, heinous, salacious, outrageous. . .fill in the blank ___________.

Jodi Arias inflicted a voluminous number of wounds on her victim Travis Alexander using a variety of weapons. (sorry that wasn't completing the assignment corrrectly but I wanted to say it anyway ;))

Confirmation regarding the email sent to the 9 year old girl by Jeff Hughes has been posted on the State vs Jodi site. It is a normal PPL mass email titled "proof is in the pudding". He claims her name must have been included by mistake. He himself has sent out similar mass messages with the same title.

So Nurmi KNEW that TA was not emailing a 9 yr old girl. What a disgusting thing to do to a dead man.

So Nurmi KNEW that TA was not emailing a 9 yr old girl. What a disgusting thing to do to a dead man.

I fear all of this will get worse before it gets better. I think HazMat could start selling royal blue suits for us just watching via twitter.

Cathy @courtchatter · 3 hrs 3 hours ago
In #JodiArias today an IM was read between Travis & friend Julie re "Sarah" and her being "Too young" for (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1sih98g

She was an adult & it was a joke between Julie & Travis.

In case anyone would like to browse selected Tweets from today from several different reporters in the courtroom, I've divided them up as follows:

Monday 11/17/14 morning until morning break
Monday 11/17/14 after break until lunch break
Monday 11/17/14 afternoon until afternoon break
Monday 11/17/14 after afternoon break until adjourned

The time indicated in the first column is PST, one hour earlier than Arizona.

Thank You so much for making it so easy. :gthanks:

Dr. F & Jodi should team up to write some soap opera plots. They're striving to make everything sound like it happened over years, but in reality it was only "officially" five months, and somewhat long-distance. Wait until jurors get a reality wake-up from Juan.

A shell of herself. Guess she never realized she was always empty.

@WildAboutTrial Dr. F goes over the toxic infidelities #JodiArias and TA had. Jodi wrote about suicide and felt like she was a shell of her former self.

This whole process is so bizarre. There is no doubt Jodi is guilty. By the jury's verdict and her own admission. This seems like a whole new trial. BUT IT'S NOT. The only verdict which can come out of this is whether or not Jodi gets the DP. Going into all this detail is really moot at this point, isn't it? Should be heard in appeals of the guilt verdict.

~~IMO~~

The DT has crossed a line here IMO.

This almost seems criminal what the DT witness said. Listing the tweets below. She is implying that it is evidence that supports the DT contention that Travis had a liking of young kids, But in her own words she is acknowledging that the DT already realized it was just an honest mass email (that most likely solicits for their PPL business).
This is practically criminal to knowingly accuse someone when you know otherwise. Isnt it?
They are all but admitting they know otherwise.
This is so upsetting

"Jen's Trial Diaries Fonseca says it could have been a mass mailing but this just adds to piece of puzzle #jodiarias #3tvarias"

"Steve Krafft ‏Dr. Fonseca reads message to Travis telling him don't email 9 year-old child, says "Hard to talk about this, foolish to ignore.""

Sorry, there are no "buts" here. You knew that it was totally innocent.
This goes over the line IMO.

Somehow, for me, this retrial is much worse, more painful and more stress-inducing than the last trial. The defense have sunk to a new low. I don't know where they find these expert witnesses but they sure know how to pick the nastiest and most unethical of the lot. I'm skipping this part of the testimony and will only pay attention when Juan is up. Juan will expose this witness for who she is so fast it will make her think twice about every lying in court again.

I don't think the jury is going to think to highly of JA or her team of liars once Juan gets up and exposes all their lies. More likely the jury will think what a deceitful low life bunch they are trying to insult their intelligence. I don't know if this will turn out in Arias favor at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone would like to browse selected Tweets from today from several different reporters in the courtroom, I've divided them up as follows:

Monday 11/17/14 morning until morning break
Monday 11/17/14 after break until lunch break
Monday 11/17/14 afternoon until afternoon break
Monday 11/17/14 after afternoon break until adjourned

The time indicated in the first column is PST, one hour earlier than Arizona.

WOW! This is really nice! Thank you so much!!!!

JSS should arrange for this trial to run on Friday & Saturday, and continually until it's over. I believe the CA judge had Saturday court. This trial is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously. I haven't criticized this judge but come on! If I were an Arizona taxpayer I would be calling Bill Montgomery's office and complaining. The State of Arizona has too many issues to waste money on this "farce" of a trial. Imagine the waste of money - transporting the murderess to jail, back, salaries of jail and court staff, DT billing hours, ridiculous.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
11/17/2014 8:00 AM

11/13/2014

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY SIXTEEN

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 11/12/14 Exhibits 393, 394, 395, 560, 563, 575,
572, 571, 570, 567, 385, 576, 561 and 699 were temporarily released to Defense and returned
this date.

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the correct spelling of the name of the current
witness is Dr. L.C. Miccio Fonseca and the Court now amends the minute entry and trial
worksheet this date to reflect the correct spelling...

Dr. L. C. Miccio Fonseca having previously been sworn testifies further.

Defense Exhibit 733 is marked for identification.

Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 733 in evidence.

Defense Exhibit 734 is marked for identification.

Defense offers Exhibit 734 and the exhibit is preserved for the appellate court and will be
played for the Jury but is not to go to the Jury for deliberations....

Defense Exhibit 735 is marked for identification...

Defense offers Exhibit 735 and the exhibit is preserved for the appellate court and will be
played for the Jury but is not to go to the Jury for deliberations....

Exhibit 734 is played in for the Jury.

Dr. L.C. Miccio Fonseca testifies further.

Exhibit 735 is played for the Jury....

Exhibit 735 continues playing for the Jury.

Dr. L. C. Miccio Fonseca testifies further.

Defense offers and admits Defense Exhibit 385 in evidence....

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6575066.pdf
----------------------------------

11/18/2014 8:00 AM

10/30/2014

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY TWELVE (12) - PENALTY PHASE

On 10/29/2014, Exhibits 391 and 407 were temporarily released to the State and returned
on the same day.

State’s Exhibits 681 through 686 are marked for identification....

Victim Impact Statements are made by Tanisha Sorenson and Steven Alexander.

Preliminary Jury Instruction – Penalty Phase page 11, paragraph 4 is read to the Jury by
the Court regarding Victim Impact Statements....

Bench Conference is held and counsel for the Defendant orally moves the Court for a
Mistrial for the following reason:

Defense counsel moves for a mistrial.

Oral argument is heard.

IT IS ORDERED denying the motion for mistrial and the request to speak to the Jurors
for the reasons stated on the record.

Counsel for the Defendant orally moves the Court to seal the proceedings.
Oral argument is heard.

The Court takes this matter UNDER ADVISEMENT...

Defense Exhibits 687 through 698 are marked for identification.

11:00 a.m. Court reconvenes with respective counsel and Defendant present. The Jury is
not present.

A Bench Conference is held and further argument is heard regarding the Defendant’s
request to seal the proceedings.

IT IS ORDERED the courtroom will be closed.

State’s moves to admit Exhibits 681 through 686, there being no objection,
IT IS ORDERED State’s Exhibits 681 through 686 are admitted in evidence....

11:25 a.m. Court reconvenes in Chambers with respective counsel and Defendant
present. The victim representatives are present.

The Defendant discusses the specific reasons for requesting the proceedings be sealed.
Oral argument is heard.

The Court will take this matter UNDER ADVISEMENT....

A Bench Conference is held with final argument regarding the Defendant’s request to
seal the proceedings of the Defense witness.

Based on the information previously heard and the research made by the Court;
The testimony of the Defense witness shall be sealed.

IT IS ORDERED the courtroom is closed and the public and media.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the remote viewing room will be disconnected.

THE COURT FINDS the victim’s next of kin may remain in the courtroom.

Christopher Moeser, counsel for the media, objects to the Court’s order closing the
courtroom and requests the Court reconsider its previous ruling.

IT IS ORDERED denying the request for reconsideration.

1:14 p.m. The courtroom is closed.

IT IS ORDERED the remainder of the trial minute is sealed and shall be prepared
by separate minute entry.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6578262.pdf
-----------------------------------------------

11/18/2014 8:00 AM

11/10/2014

ORAL ARGUMENT SET

The Court has considered Defendant’s Motion for Joinder and for Omnibus Hearing on
Motion to Dismiss Death Penalty. Good cause appearing,
IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Status Conference re Oral Argument on
January 23, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. in this Division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Oral Argument on the omnibus Motion to Dismiss
the Death Penalty on February 6, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. in this Division.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6577799.pdf

---------------------------------------------
Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
11/18/2014 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 11/18/2014
11/18/2014 094 - ME: Oral Argument Set - Party (001) 11/18/2014
11/18/2014 002 - ME: Hearing Vacated - Party (001) 11/18/2014
11/17/2014 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 11/17/2014
11/16/2014 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 11/17/2014
NOTE: MOTION FOR SANCTIONS (COMPAQ PRESARIO COMPUTER)
11/13/2014 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 11/13/2014
11/13/2014 MFD - Motion For Discovery - Party (001) 11/13/2014
NOTE: MOTION FOR DISCOVERY (COMPAQ PRESARIO COMPUTER)
11/11/2014 RES - Response - Party (001) 11/12/2014
NOTE: RESPONSE BY NEWS ORGANIZATIONS TO DEFENDANT S MOTION FOR SANCTIONS
11/11/2014 MIL - Motion In Limine - Party (001) 11/12/2014
NOTE: MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING IMAGES ON COMPAQ PRESARIO COMPUTER
11/10/2014 MTD - Motion To Dismiss - Party (001) 11/12/2014
NOTE: ALL CHARGES WITH PREJUDICE AND IN THE ALTERNATIVE TO DISMISS THE STATES NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY DUE TO RECENTLY DISCOVERED PURPOSEFUL AND EREGIOUS PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT
11/10/2014 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 11/10/2014
NOTE: MOTION FOR SANCTIONS
11/10/2014 MTD - Motion To Dismiss - Party (001) 11/12/2014
NOTE: MOTION TO DISMISS ALL CHARGES WITH PREJUDICE AND/OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE TO DISMISS THE STATE'S NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY DUE TO RECENTLY DISCOVERED PURPOSEFUL AND EGREGIOUS PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...=CR2008-031021

I read from one of Trial Diaries tweets that gasps were heard throughout the courtroom when this judge said there was an emergency. I wonder why? I wish there was someone there who could tell us more than what the tweets are telling us. Like how the jury is responding to this witness, and what the behavior is from the murderer, her expressions, is she still writing or drawing, or whatever it is she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member