Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no word on what this 'emergency' is then.
Sigh

Exactly. This is such a blatant and bad mistake I can see where it would require immediate attention, thus the emergency? Just a thought

I thought this also but we were told this emergency has nothing to do with the trial.

Still no word on what this 'emergency' is then.
Sigh

No. In regards to the 'emergency', I'm going to go with the *advertiser censored*/Compaq/Dell debacle. The 'source' apparently said the emergency had nothing to do with the trial. That's exactly what Juan said in his motion: 'The Dell computer purportedly belongs to an individual named Tony and has nothing to do with this case.' I'm thinking, and I believe AZL pondered this yesterday too, that Dr. F. was scheduled to speak about *advertiser censored* next, and Juan had already requested that no witness allude to the subject of *advertiser censored* until this matter was resolved. IMO, JSS may have given Nurmi and JM two days to present her with the truth of the matter so that she could make a final ruling.

Another thing I'm going out on a limb on is that the COA will grant Nurmi's request to continue with the one witness 'in secret'. It's been my impression that COA's generally prefer to back the lower judges when feasible. Because JSS carried out research before deciding to seal the testimony, I think they will rule in her favour - for just the one witness. The rest of the trial will be opened up.

This is JSS' ruling from the minutes posted by YesorNo:
'Based on the information previously heard and the research made by the Court; The testimony of the Defense witness shall be sealed.'

Now I just have to wait to be proven wrong on both counts! :blushing:

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

Any update on the real reason WHY court was cancelled for today and tomorrow ?

JMO but I do not think this re-trial of the sentencing phase will be complete until next Christmas -- and that would be 2016, maybe 2017.

:moo:

OK, I'm confused, if all this computer stuff has nothing to do with the trial, what does it have to do with?

Every thing about this trial is crazy, it is moving at a snails pace, I saw a post yesterday about having been in trial for a month with about 4 actual trial days. There are so many sealed documents, meetings, and secret witnesses.
How and why is any of this allowed.

No. In regards to the 'emergency', I'm going to go with the *advertiser censored*/Compaq/Dell debacle. The 'source' apparently said the emergency had nothing to do with the trial. That's exactly what Juan said in his motion: 'The Dell computer purportedly belongs to an individual named Tony and has nothing to do with this case.' I'm thinking, and I believe AZL said this yesterday too, that Dr. F. was scheduled to speak about *advertiser censored* next, and Juan had already requested that no witness allude to the subject of *advertiser censored* until this matter was resolved. JSS may have given Nurmi and JM two days to present her with the truth of the matter so that she could make a final ruling.

Another thing I'm going out on a limb on is that the COA will grant Nurmi's request to continue with the one witness 'in secret'. It's been my impression that COA's generally prefer to back the lower judges when feasible. Because JSS carried out research before deciding to seal the testimony, I think they will rule in her favour - for just the one witness. The rest of the trial will be opened up.

This is JSS' ruling from the minutes posted by YesorNo:
'Based on the information previously heard and the research made by the Court; The testimony of the Defense witness shall be sealed.'

Now I just have to wait to be proven wrong on both counts! :blushing:

My guess is an illness or death in the family of the judge or one of the attorneys

Another post by the "13th Juror" over at the Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page; there are liberal references to the DeVault trial as well, but he's probably trying to give his frame of reference (and pump his book, heh):

https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/317776501749266

Also on FB, The State vs Jodi Arias page posted this regarding the email about the 9 year old:

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/738871126189032

Paraphrasing, they're stating that Jeff Hughes (a colleague of Travis') says that it's a PPL promotional email that was sent out automatically. If that's true, how horrible of the DT to try to present it as something *sexually* inappropriate for a child as opposed to a mail that was simply just business related.

There was also a Tweet from Cathy (@courtchatter) this morning about the IM between Travis & Julie and "Sarah" (the one who was "too young" for Travis):

Cathy · @courtchatter
18th Nov 2014 from TwitLonger
In #JodiArias today an IM was read between Travis & friend Julie re "Sarah" and her being "Too young" for TA. I just got off the phone with Julie. She verified that "Sarah" was an adult and not a minor. Julie was shocked that the defense was trying to make an innocent and joking message between her and her good friend Travis out to be something disgusting.

Aaaand according to the Juan Support page, the motion for Joinder/Omnibus Hearing was granted (the one by the DT to join in the Feb. 2015 Motion to Dismiss the DP). I know one of our intrepid WSers will be able to link to the actual Motion for us. :)

As always, it's social media....take it ALL with a big fat grain of salt.

The longer this lasts, the longer Jodi gets out of prison field trip days. It's just prolonging the inevitable. She'll never see the light of day outside the custody of the prison system. Field trip days will be severely sparse from this time on. Jodi will be moved to a secure prison with hard core, badassed offenders who also will never be released. The pecking order is already established. No more 'celebrity' status.

Yes, but surely we don't believe everything that we are told. Right? I mean that news came out exclusively on twitter, IIPC. Not a reliable source, no matter who tweeted it.

I thought this also but we were told this emergency has nothing to do with the trial.

Another post by the "13th Juror" over at the Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page; there are liberal references to the DeVault trial as well, but he's probably trying to give his frame of reference (and pump his book, heh):

https://www.facebook.com/JuanMartinezProsecutorSupportPage/posts/317776501749266

Also on FB, The State vs Jodi Arias page posted this regarding the email about the 9 year old:

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/738871126189032

Paraphrasing, they're stating that Jeff Hughes (a colleague of Travis') says that it's a PPL promotional email that was sent out automatically. If that's true, how horrible of the DT to try to present it as something *sexually* inappropriate for a child as opposed to a mail that was simply just business related.

There was also a Tweet from Cathy (@courtchatter) this morning about the IM between Travis & Julie and "Sarah" (the one who was "too young" for Travis):

Cathy · @courtchatter
18th Nov 2014 from TwitLonger
In #JodiArias today an IM was read between Travis & friend Julie re "Sarah" and her being "Too young" for TA. I just got off the phone with Julie. She verified that "Sarah" was an adult and not a minor. Julie was shocked that the defense was trying to make an innocent and joking message between her and her good friend Travis out to be something disgusting.

Aaaand according to the Juan Support page, the motion for Joinder/Omnibus Hearing was granted (the one by the DT to join in the Feb. 2015 Motion to Dismiss the DP). I know one of our intrepid WSers will be able to link to the actual Motion for us. :)

As always, it's social media....take it ALL with a big fat grain of salt.

I've seen this motion but I'm not good at the linking or showing images here. I did good to get my elephant on here LOL.
Saw another motion about today, umm Trial, Oral Argument, and Hearing Vacated.
Note: Motion for Sanctions ( Compaq )
here is the link I have for opening in a new tab:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2ut5MmCAAEc7Ok.jpg

I believe she will have celebrity status if in general population. I also believe she will believe she "won" should that be her punishment. Women's prisons don't seem to be all that bad when I watch shows like Lock Down, etc. Nothing in comparison to the men. She can have a full on social calendar.

The longer this lasts, the longer Jodi gets out of prison field trip days. It's just prolonging the inevitable. She'll never see the light of day outside the custody of the prison system. Field trip days will be severely sparse from this time on. Jodi will be moved to a secure prison with hard core, badassed offenders who also will never be released. The pecking order is already established. No more 'celebrity' status.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 2m2 minutes ago
Trial in the State v. #JodiArias will resume on Thursday 11/20 at 9:30 am. Evidentiary Hearing set for Friday 11/21 at 10:30 am.

https://twitter.com/courtpio/status/534737732061261825

Should we assume that this hearing, as was the one on November 4th, will be broadcast and streamed? Hopefully croakerqueen will archive it as s/he did with the November 4th media hearing (below)

[video=youtube;LKp1qwmvRrw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKp1qwmvRrw[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKp1qwmvRrw

Still dealing with Judicial Secocracy I see - if the delay has 'nothing to do with the trial' then why it the reason for it being kept secret?

I was wondering last night about the mechanics of the wrong mirror image being turned over to the prosecution and how that could happen. The defense has a case file with all of the paperwork concerning this trial, presumably not mixed up with other cases either attorney may be handling.

Defense goes over the mirror image of Compaq Presario hard drive and finds all these *advertiser censored* listing deletions, writes up this big Motion For Sanctions/Dismissal of Charges, etc. based on this mirror image. The prosecution wants this mirror image to verify what the he** defense is stamping its feet about, the judge orders mirror image be turned over to prosecution and when this image is viewed, the name on the mirror image is 'Tony' and not Deanna (as Travis got this computer from Deanna and her name is the 'owner' and the image is from a Dell and not a Compaq.

So was Nurmi looking at the wrong mirror image provided to him by defendant's expert?

Was defendant acting Pro Se when this mirror image was purportedly made?

Every thing about this trial is crazy, it is moving at a snails pace, I saw a post yesterday about having been in trial for a month with about 4 actual trial days. There are so many sealed documents, meetings, and secret witnesses.
How and why is any of this allowed.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

In case anyone would like to browse selected Tweets from today from several different reporters in the courtroom, I've divided them up as follows:

Monday 11/17/14 morning until morning break
Monday 11/17/14 after break until lunch break
Monday 11/17/14 afternoon until afternoon break
Monday 11/17/14 after afternoon break until adjourned

The time indicated in the first column is PST, one hour earlier than Arizona.

:seeya: This is great, daisydomino !

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

Dr. Fonseca reviewed a voluminous amount of evidence :thinking: :laughing: :hand: :nerves: . . .I don't know who is more delusional the good doctor or the convicted killer. What on earth does she mean:

vo·lu·mi·nous
[vuh-loo-muh-nuh s]
adjective

Examples of the word Voluminous:

1. The enormous amount of hot air Nurmi expels in conjunction with his witness.
2. Number of books in the Library of Congress
3. Pantene Shampoo
4. Book Sales Harry Potter Series

Rhymes with VOLUMINOUS

ignoramous, heinous, salacious, outrageous. . .fill in the blank ___________.

AZL question - are jurors expected to go back to work during days there's no court? If so, isn't that risky as to what they may see or hear concerning the trial? TIA

From the Viktionary:
Balloonimous - adj: filled with much hot air, as in, "the defense's argument was balloonimous."
Buffoonimous - adj: acting foolishly, as in, "the attorneys put on a buffoonimous defense."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther