Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm...I wonder if the romano twins have tried to privately contact AS (perhaps by their lawyers too). You know...so their stories are in sync. I bettcha they have, lol, only to be rebuffed. I dare say AS has been instructed by both JS and lawyers to have no contact with the two of them lol. Anyone have any thoughts?

imo.

My view is that Jonah advised Adam to keep away from the fraternal twins Dina and Nina for his own protection. Jonah hired excellent reputable defense lawyers for Adam. Why would they want to ruin Adam's defense by having him connect with Jonah's physically violent, manipulative ex? They know what she's capable of. Rebecca was murdered in the most heinous, degrading, torturous manner. And Dina is still belittling Rebecca post-mortem. She wouldn't even allow Rebecca peace in death! Dina went on national tv and alleged that it was Rebecca and her teen sister XZ who caused the homicide of a little boy! Who does that but someone lacking conscience and any deep set of morals?

Furthermore, Jonah lost a huge chunk of his money when he divorced Dina and she hired Gloria Allred the ambulance chaser to stick it to Jonah. He also went through emotional and mental torture from Dina with her false accusations of him in police reports which her cronies are now revising history for. They claim Dina was never in physical or verbal alterations with Jonah despite the numerous police reports she testified and signed off on and all the bruise-ridden pics of herself on the internet she published for the world to see which she claimed Jonah inflicted. She even blamed his dog for attacking her! If that is not indicative of a manipulative, vindictive and mentally cruel creature, I don't know what is.

I have always thought that whole giant hooplah about "police check your ex's new partner" was pretty obviously squared at Rebecca in a way to make her look as evil as possible, and thus more culpable in Max's death. That's my opinion of why that happened, no matter how positive the outcome of it may end up (because, really, it's a good idea after all). There's a lot of hatred and bitterness on both sides, which is pretty much understandable in light of events. But Dina did put the blame for Max's death on Rebecca, I think blind Freddy could see that. So that's a pretty large motive, and one that can perhaps be supported enough by evidence, in Dina's behaviour and words, to convince a jury that it was *the* motive. The evidence will be in the recordings of Dina talking about Rebecca, and maybe witnesses who heard her talking, in the days after Max was hurt and then died.

Adam Shacknai.. I am pretty sure he'd do whatever Jonah told him to do. I'm not sure about his motive, actually -- if he was SO upset by Max's accident and thus enraged with Rebecca that he'd want her dead, for example, why wasn't he leaping out of bed to rush to the hospital, or to go do useful things that a family in crisis might need done, as a family member ought.. rather than you know, spending his first waking moments watching *advertiser censored* and rubbing one off. eta: If indeed that happened at all.. but I might say more about that later.

So I can't see the same level of rage in those actions, because I don't see the same level of concern for Max.. but I do think he had a hand in Rebecca's death and most certainly in the staging of that death to resemble suicide.

Here's something that's been on my mind: if ONLY Rebecca's DNA was found on ALL of the rope -- how'd Adam avoid shedding copious amount of his skin cells on those, in the process of cutting Rebecca down?

When I see that the police being unclear about *which* surfaces of the gloves they tested for DNA, it makes me wonder whether any swabs at all were taken from the inside of any of the gloves, NONE of which ought to have only "mixed" DNA on the inside. There ought to be ONE lot of DNA inside any of those gloves, because people do not tend to share hand-wear. A small amount of 'mixed' DNA might come from trace transfer from the hands, but there should be clear DNA from whoever last actually wore them. But the possible fudging of correct and logical swab-taking is beside my point here..

My point is -- how does a man handle the rough surface of lengths of rope, which he would have had to at least at some point in the process of cutting Rebecca down, and not leave DNA all over it?

Perhaps he was wearing gloves, is the obvious answer. I can't think of any other way, really. Though I'd be open to pondering ideas about that.

Sorry, I felt I ought to add: this may be relevant to the case, because I think it's one of those questions to which the probable answer can only indicate improper policework, or Adam wore gloves to cut Rebecca down and didn't mention that.. why? I think questions like that can be useful in court.

^ No, not speculation. I mean Fact. Truth., course you already know that. *rolling eyes*

"Evidently this is false because if Adam is collaborating with Dina and Nina, why do all three have separate attorneys? If defendants were cooperating with each other and therefore, have similar stories to tell, then they would only have hired *one* defense attorney. The fact that they each hired their own attorney means one thing -- they don't trust each other and are out to protect their own arses." Fact. Truth.

"...Dina despised and was out to get from the get-go. We only need to look at the obvious investigative methods employed by Dina to know that Dina hated and was intensely jealous of Rebecca, so much so, she quibbled over the use of Rebecca's married last name when Rebecca introduced herself! How insanely petty was that? All Dina found out was that Rebecca was arrested for a one-time shoplifting charge for which Rebecca already paid restitution. GMAB. Dina was out for blood against Rebecca." Fact. Truth.

"...a well-respected lead investigator was suddenly taken off a major "suspicious, violent death" case of a minority female victim despite the fact that Detective Tsuida herself had specifically asked to be present during the autopsy? And that a minority female victim was left nude and visible for all gaping public eye and helicopters and evidence disintegrated in the scorching hot summer sun in Coronado, CA for over 13 plus hours?" Fact. Truth.

Dina also published Rebecca's mug shot photo on the internet after she died. Why? Justifying Rebecca's murder in her own mind? IMO Dina had a scarey deep hate for Rebecca.

:busted:

My view is that Jonah advised Adam to keep away from the fraternal twins Dina and Nina for his own protection. Jonah hired excellent reputable defense lawyers for Adam. Why would they want to ruin Adam's defense by having him connect with Jonah's physically violent, manipulative ex? They know what she's capable of. Rebecca was murdered in the most heinous, degrading, torturous manner. And Dina is still belittling Rebecca post-mortem. She wouldn't even allow Rebecca peace in death! Dina went on national tv and alleged that it was Rebecca and her teen sister XZ who caused the homicide of a little boy! Who does that but someone lacking conscience and any deep set of morals?

Furthermore, Jonah lost a huge chunk of his money when he divorced Dina and she hired Gloria Allred the ambulance chaser to stick it to Jonah. He also went through emotional and mental torture from Dina with her false accusations of him in police reports which her cronies are now revising history for. They claim Dina was never in physical or verbal alterations with Jonah despite the numerous police reports she testified and signed off on and all the bruise-ridden pics of herself on the internet she published for the world to see which she claimed Jonah inflicted. She even blamed his dog for attacking her! If that is not indicative of a manipulative, vindictive and mentally cruel creature, I don't know what is.

BBM: Right! And this is just what we know about. Imagine what has been sealed!

:shame: :notgood: :hiding:

I have always thought that whole giant hooplah about "police check your ex's new partner" was pretty obviously squared at Rebecca in a way to make her look as evil as possible, and thus more culpable in Max's death. That's my opinion of why that happened, no matter how positive the outcome of it may end up (because, really, it's a good idea after all). There's a lot of hatred and bitterness on both sides, which is pretty much understandable in light of events. But Dina did put the blame for Max's death on Rebecca, I think blind Freddy could see that. So that's a pretty large motive, and one that can perhaps be supported enough by evidence, in Dina's behaviour and words, to convince a jury that it was *the* motive. The evidence will be in the recordings of Dina talking about Rebecca, and maybe witnesses who heard her talking, in the days after Max was hurt and then died.

Adam Shacknai.. I am pretty sure he'd do whatever Jonah told him to do. I'm not sure about his motive, actually -- if he was SO upset by Max's accident and thus enraged with Rebecca that he'd want her dead, for example, why wasn't he leaping out of bed to rush to the hospital, or to go do useful things that a family in crisis might need done, as a family member ought.. rather than you know, spending his first waking moments watching *advertiser censored* and rubbing one off. eta: If indeed that happened at all.. but I might say more about that later.

So I can't see the same level of rage in those actions, because I don't see the same level of concern for Max.. but I do think he had a hand in Rebecca's death and most certainly in the staging of that death to resemble suicide.

BBM. I agree with all of this. I think motive will be a key area of focus during depositions to establish what Dina's "feelings" toward Rebecca were, both during Jonah and Rebecca's relationship, and after Rebecca's death. Motive doesn't equal guilt, of course, but in a circumstantial case, it's part of the total picture of evidence that can't be ignored. In this particular lawsuit, I think it's critically important.

IMO, Dina's behaviors during both time periods are very indicative of the depths of her negative feelings toward Rebecca. The behaviors AFTER Rebecca's death are the most telling, IMO-- and point to "justifying" Dina's ongoing very negative feelings toward Rebecca, even in the face of no evidence of wrong doing.

Such as the "bitter ex-wives stalking bill" she tried to rally support for-- based only on a single shoplifting charge. (That appears to be a completely dead issue, made even more unlikely, IMO, with Dina being named and involved in the WDS just as the legislature is set to reconvene after the new year.) There are certainly cases of child abuse and murder that might prompt such legislation, but IMO, there just isn't anything documented-- nothing at all-- in Rebecca's care of Max that would justify legislation being based on his accidental death. Max's death just has not been substantiated at the level of child abuse or murder, despite what Dina may think. So it appears very disturbing and unbalanced that she would try to frame it in a way to rally support for a new law, IMO.

And the very disturbing (IMO) premise upon which she created her non-profit-- that her son was "unsafe"--that uses profile examples of children horrifically abducted and murdered (and not by the partners of their ex) as "comparables". The insinuations toward Rebecca made by exploiting these horrifically murdered children on that website as "comparables" to her son are very clear to anyone with a small amount of knowledge of the case. Very, very disturbing, IMO-- and I think a jury would see it that way, as well.

All of this behavior, IMO, will be thoroughly explored in her deposition, along with presenting discovery evidence. None of it paints Dina in a good light, or even a neutral light, toward Rebecca, IMO. We also have to remember that there is almost certainly more discovery that we won't even hear about-- interviews with hospital personnel and others, etc. It will not be hard to establish what Dina's feelings toward Rebecca were, both before and after Rebecca's death

IMO, Dina has to overcome a long history of her behavior toward Rebecca. Behavior that, IMO, is far beyond that of most bitter ex-wives. It is not direct evidence of murder, of course, but also cannot be easily dismissed or ignored. I think it's going to be explored pretty thoroughly in her deposition.

IMO, I think Dina's deposition will end up going beyond the "one day of 8 hours" guideline in the federal rules of civil procedure. I think attorneys will be able to justify asking the court for more time. I think Adam's depo could probably be done in one day-- he has very little history with Rebecca to explore that we know of. Nina's could probably be done in one day, too, IMO. Nina's only connection to Rebecca that we know of is thru Dina. Dina's deposition will be quite lengthy detailed, IMO.

Oh-- another thing I meant to post a while back, to see what others think.

We have no doubt that when the actual facts are made known, Ms. Shacknai and her sister will be vindicated regarding any involvement related to Rebecca Zahau’s tragic death.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Dina-Shacknais-lawyers-respond-to-lawsuit-280227562.html#ixzz3KCcmlRdN

Very, very curious why Dina's attorney would not mention one of the 3 defendants, when mentioning the other two, kwim?

This is a statement Oct 23 made by Kim Schumann, Dina's lawyer, in response to the lawsuit. I wonder if it's a simple oversight that Mr. Schumann left out mentioning Adam Schacknai in this statement? Very curious. An attorney at his level chooses and scripts his words very carefully, IMO. This was a prepared statement released to the media-- not off the cuff remarks.

Or, could it be an early signal from Dina's attorney that Dina and Nina are united, and intend to "throw Adam under the bus"? Adam is the only one of the 3 defendants that was definitely present after Rebecca's death.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see AS and his attorneys working comfortably together with Dina and Nina on their collective defense to this lawsuit. Adam's interests in this case are vastly different than those of Dina and Nina, IMO. It's a quandary. Will they answer these allegations united together, or will they answer the allegations by forming alliances, and throwing each other under the bus?

On the “ask a verified lawyer” thread, questions were asked about various parties to this lawsuit filing slander or libel cases against one another. AZlawyer points out that such lawsuits can’t be filed against, or on behalf of, a dead person.

However, I think it’s possible there has been non-publicized legal action threatened or taken against Dina, enjoining her from making any further comments publicly about one of the living people she has publicly accused—RZ’s minor sister. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the family has taken some legal measures to prevent Dina from making any more comments about this minor in her media interviews. Dina had been ramping up the allegations in her interviews, becoming more specific about RZ and her minor sister in her allegations—and then very abruptly stopped. I wondered then if there was some kind of child protection restraining order on behalf of the minor, or even a few “cease and desist letters” to Dina and her attorneys. That would make logical and practical sense, IMO—and explain why Dina abruptly stopped her interviews. That would be part of discovery in this case, if it exists, I’d think.

IMO, a jury would certainly want to know about something like that, if it exists. It would be part of the total picture, and evidence.

One thing that always struck me was that Rebecca's sister (Mary?)said something to the effect that 'we don't know who all was there at the time of Max's accident.'
Certainly the minor sister knew who was there.

One thing that always struck me was that Rebecca's sister (Mary?)said something to the effect that 'we don't know who all was there at the time of Max's accident.'
I know I remain clearly in the minority here.........but I believe Max's death (accidental in my belief) is the impetus for Rebecca's murder. Yes, my belief is conspiracy-based but I feel if you get to the bottom of Max's death, you get to the heart of why Rebecca was murdered for not wanting to take the blame for Max's accident. I should add (as an edit) that Rebecca was indeed not to blame at all.

I don't remember when Mary made this statement, Dr. Phil? Maybe she was talking about XZ being in the shower? XZ wouldn't know who was in the home while she was showering.

Dina also made a similar statement after she addressed city council. I am curious how Dina was able to deduce 'who all was there' and eventually solely name Rebecca and her minor sister of homicide? I personally believe Dina changed her story because blaming RZ and XZ fit a particular agenda. Exactly what KZ said in her post. I believe Maxie's death was a tragic accident and a third party being in the home that day didn't help Dina's campaign against Rebecca. Hence the reason her story has changed.

I know I remain clearly in the minority here.........but I believe Max's death (accidental in my belief) is the impetus for Rebecca's murder. Yes, my belief is conspiracy-based but I feel if you get to the bottom of Max's death, you get to the heart of why Rebecca was murdered for not wanting to take the blame for Max's accident. I should add (as an edit) that Rebecca was indeed not to blame at all.

No JBS...you are in the majority here. I would simply re-state it as "Max's accident" since he was still alive when Rebecca was killed.

I don't think anyone needs to 'get to the bottom of Max's death' at all, to find motive. I think just the fact that Max was so gravely injured -- and his prospects could NOT have looked hopeful, I don't believe they did at all -- is enough motive, let alone whatever bad blood already existed.

Motive means nothing unless you have evidence to back it up.

There is evidence.

The presence of all three parties at the death scene

The autopsy report showing defensive injuries and blows to the head to knock RZ unconscious.

The hysterical, sarcadtic, revenge filled suicide note painted on the door.

The presence of tape on RZs legs used to bind and immobilize her.

Mixed DNA in various locations at the crime scene, including the knife

Presence of other footprints on the balcony

Screams heard by neighbors around the time of the attack

Intricate knots used to bind RZs arms and legs and to fashion her noose, knots only familiar to experienced sailors

There's much more..in addition to means, motive and opportunity

Actually, that's another question on which I'd like the help of our resident legal eagles...

It's just a fact that purely circumstantial evidence can convict, in a criminal case. Do the same rules and protocols exist for *civil* cases?

There is evidence.

The presence of all three parties at the death scene

The autopsy report showing defensive injuries and blows to the head to knock RZ unconscious.

The hysterical, sarcadtic, revenge filled suicide note painted on the door.

The presence of tape on RZs legs used to bind and immobilize her.

Mixed DNA in various locations at the crime scene, including the knife

Presence of other footprints on the balcony

Screams heard by neighbors around the time of the attack

Intricate knots used to bind RZs arms and legs and to fashion her noose, knots only familiar to experienced sailors

There's much more..in addition to means, motive and opportunity

None of that is actually evidence that Adam, Dina, and Nina did anything at all to Rebecca. What physical evidence places them there? Anything at all?

Actually, that's another question on which I'd like the help of our resident legal eagles...

It's just a fact that purely circumstantial evidence can convict, in a criminal case. Do the same rules and protocols exist for *civil* cases?

Did you mean to post this in the legal thread?

http://books.google.com.au/books?id...page&q=circumstantial evidence motive&f=false

^ Nope. Not true. (if you mean physical evidence, dna and the like) - Some info on motive as circumstantial evidence, and circumstantial evidence cases in general.

Hmmm, funny how the Casey Anthony jurors didn't come up with a conviction in that case, isn't it? They had all the circumstantial evidence in the world. Just nothing physical to back it up. Jurors want physical evidence to prove that proves the circumstantial.

In this case, not only do the Zahaus have not one shread of physical evidence to back up their claims, they will have to disprove the mountain of DNA, fingerprints, footprints, and other physical evidence that proves Rebecca Zahau's death was suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa