NY - Officer Daniel Pantaleo used deadly chokehold on Eric Garner, Staten Island, July 2014

True, but officer could see that he was an obese, middle aged man and hear him repeatedly saying, I Can't Breathe, I Can't Breathe.

But how many try falsely using that same saying when being arrested? Comes down to the police may need better training to know when such a statement may be true. Mr. Gardner's size alone was one clue that he might have medical issues..... how should police be able to know?

From what I saw of the video, Mr. Gardner wasn't being aggressive, and they were able to talk with him. More time and patience was needed. JMO

But how many try falsely using that same saying when being arrested? Comes down to the police may need better training to know when such a statement may be true. Mr. Gardner's size alone was one clue that he might have medical issues..... how should police be able to know?

From what I saw of the video, Mr. Gardner wasn't being aggressive, and they were able to talk with him. More time and patience was needed. JMO

If he wasn't being aggressive or resisting arrest, then I'm not sure why they put him in a chokehold.
IMO

Can't post the site, but I guess the autopsy found no damage to his neck or windpipe.

FYI, Baden was involved in this case too

JMO Reportedly, Garner suffered from asthma. JMO
Helps, but if someone is saying "I can't breathe"... IDK
Maybe LE hears people say that all the time as a ploy to get loose or fight?

How awful. :(

Sent from Tapatalk

I did not count how many policemen were there, but how many does it take to cuff an obese middle-aged man? JMO

Does anyone have a quick direct link to the video? :eek:

Sent from Tapatalk

If he wasn't being aggressive or resisting arrest, then I'm not sure why they put him in a chokehold.
IMO

He wasn't being aggressive, but he was not totally cooperative, submissive either...can hear the sirens and see the other officers arrive on scene as he's going down. IMO should have waited a few more seconds until the in-uniform officers were on sidewalk standing in front of him. Believe EG would have done what he did the other times he had been arrested>comply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ka4oKu1jo

I do hope that GJ testimony will be published - not that the facts matter to those who are already crying to the "Feds."

I need duct tape, a muzzle & handcuffs behind my back to stay on WS.

One inconvenient fact is that chokeholds are against policy in NYC. JMO

Just watched the video for the first time. I hope they release the evidence because the decision seems incorrect based on the video.

There were other video's taken that day. We only saw one.

So what good will the body cameras NYPD will begin wearing do?

The video is clear incl the audio.

Damn, very surprised, shocked, that no indictment in this case.

That is what I thought also. The only thing good with police having them nobody will get carte blanche. Everyone will be on camera now imo.

Can hear the in-uniform heavy set officer who arrives on scene once EG is saying he can't breathe, can hear him tell fellow officer, paraphrasing, Watch your foot, Watch your foot, Get off his head, Get off his head beginning @ about 50 secs> below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ka4oKu1jo

ETA: you all are fast! Thanks for the video links. Going to watch now.
---
Went looking for a video and found this:

4 EMS Workers Suspended Without Pay in Chokehold Arrest

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-Island-Eric-Garner-Video-NYPD-267913291.html

The only video I found doesn't show the chokehold. It starts after he was lying there with everyone concerned.

Snips from the article:

"Allen, who said she's been friends with Garner for years, began recording when police first confronted Garner about allegedly selling loosies -- single cigarettes -- on Victory Boulevard and Bay Street in Tompkinsville. She then watched him collapse."

"His head hit the concrete. His eyes rolled back in his head. And he kept saying he can't breathe, and didn't breathe anymore. And saliva came out of his mouth with blood," said Allen."

"Cellphone video captured the arrest of 43-year-old Eric Garner Thursday evening, and showed him saying "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" as he was brought to the ground by an officer using a chokehold, a tactic prohibited by NYPD policy."

Sent from Tapatalk

One things is... when his arm is around EG's neck, he takes his other hand and pulls down on the arm.

One things is... when his arm is around EG's neck, he takes his other hand and pulls down on the arm.

GJ certainly must have seen the video, wonder what they were thinking? JMO

IMO

Yep. Unless I missed something, I didn't see aggression. Resisting arrest? He did keep telling them "don't touch me". That may be considered resisting, but I still believe they could have talked more. It may have still come down to being taken down, anyway. Hard to say now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back