Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
but Baez might have hit him with an iorn lol. Sorry I am remembering his terrible spelling when he was writing on his presentation board LOL

I am thinking the style is what they have in common, they both are quick with questions/answers and go from one question then to another... They are also very bright and knowledgeable. I was very angry with the out come of the CA trial, but at least we were able to follow the trial, and the workings of the lawyers.

Dear Arizona,

$2.7 million. There has to be a better way.

All of my sympathy,
Daisydomino

Dear Arizona,

$2.7 million. There has to be a better judge.

73.22% of you blew it on November 6, 2012.

Wise up and boot the woman.

Advisedly,
TruthDetector

Here are the tweets that I have. Hope they are helpful.

William Pitts @william_pitts 3m3 minutes ago
Martinnez: 70,000 files zeroed out (scrubbed) and no meta data left, right? Isn't it true that on Oct 22 you deleted them #JodiArias
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 3m3 minutes ago
Juan continues with Neu. Going over the 70000 files that were deleted. A program not on TA's cpu had to do it. #JodiArias
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Juan is saying Bryan Numeister deleted 70,000 files on Oct 22, 2014. He used an incinerator....Bryan denies #jodiarias ‪#‎3tvarias‬

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer 1m1 minute ago
Martinez says Neumeister used an "incinerator program" on Oct. 27, 2014 to delete the 75,000 *advertiser censored* files. #JodiArias
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Juan- On Oct 22, 2014 at 11:32pm someone went and altered, changed messed up files didn't they? #jodiarias #3tvarias
0 replies 3 retweets 7 favorites
Reply Retweet3 Favorite7============================

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Juan wants to know if 8958 files were modified Yes or No? Again Neu goes over the removal of viruses. He wants a YES or NO! #JodiArias
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq 1m1 minute ago
DIng Ding Ding #JodiArias XXXpert took the clone to his lab to remove viruses.
0 replies 0 retweets 3 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite3
More

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
"It's all talk withoot seeing the hash values" says Neu. Mmmmmmmmmm. Hashbrowns. #JodiArias
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

William Pitts @william_pitts 2m2 minutes ago
My computer forensics guy says this can be easily cleared up by comparing the clone to the original. #JodiArias=============================
Retweet2 Favorite6
More

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer 2m2 minutes ago
Neumeister says they removed the viruses in order to reverse engineer. Martinez says they deleted files.
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
Reply Retweet Favorite1
More

And here is the timeline from the site:

8-04-2014 JA granted right to represent self for retrial sentencing phase
~8-15-2014 JA Hired PI
8-26-2014 70,000 files were zero'd off the computer
~9-05-2014 JA requests her legal team back.
10-20-2014 BN starts his investigation of the computer
10-22-2014 Incinerator 2.3 was used to forever delete Data at 10:16 pm
11-10-2014 Defense files motion to dismiss based on Prosecutorial Misconduct.
11-13-2014 State alleges BN damaged laptop. Requests BN's copies of the hard drive
11-16-2014 State motions for sanctions - was given wrong hard drive
11-17-2014 DT provides another HD -
11-18-2014 State motion -wrong drive- created in last week. Wants 10-20-2014 HD copy
11-20-2014 DT reply - HD damaged prior to receiving it, BN fixed it. Grabbed the wrong drive.
Shouldn't have to give the 10/20/2014 drive up - alleges it is the same as the original

http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/

Can anyone imagine J. Baez and K. Nurmi, as a team, defending someone!

From the jigsaw puzzle pieces I can put together with the 70,000 files that were zeroed on 8/26/13 (the day after BN straightened the pins)
Then on 10/22/13 BN ran the shredder to finally delete those files, meanwhile - he damaged it.

ETA: So Jodi was representing herself (somewhere there was a question about her whining about not having access to the computer IIRC) before BN officially starts to work on the computer, but after he fixed the pins and cloned/imaged or whatever he did on 8/25 & 8/26. (?)

~8-15-2014 JA Hired PI
9/2/2014- Arias requests her PI be able to pick up hard drive. (Court minutes/Twitter)
11-13-2014 State alleges BN damaged laptop. Requests BN's copies of the hard drive
11-18-2014 State motion -wrong drive- created in last week. Wants 10-20-2014 HD copy
11-20-2014 DT reply - HD damaged prior to receiving it, BN fixed it. Grabbed the wrong drive.
Shouldn't have to give the 10/20/2014 drive up - alleges it is the same as the original

BBM- I do not know how much this comes into the play of things. Arias clearly did not trust her legal team and made sure that he PI got a copy of the hard drive. There is some reason that this drive is very, very important to her. It may not be a compelling legal reason for appeal, but she sure as hell wanted it.

Yes, that's what they do on TV shows. But it is NOT what is done in real life. The target hard disk would be imaged by using a special forensic transfer device that costs thousands of dollars. These devices create a byte-by-byte mirror image of the target hard drive, including all hidden files, files in unallocated spaces, etc. In addition to capturing the data from the target hard disk, when the "capture machine" writes the captured data for later examination by a forensic expert, it writes it in a specially encrypted manner. This specialized encryption of the data would then prevent any data from being altered without such an alteration showing up.

EVERYTHING I have read has stated that no one has ever beaten these types of encryption programs.

Which leads to: Why has there been such an extraordinary amount of foot dragging on the turning over by the Defense Team of the CDs they used to find all of these purported *advertiser censored* files. This expert keeps repeating his mantra of "There are lots of *advertiser censored* files and I know more about computers than you do".

He probably is right that he knows more about computers than JM does. So what? It is not JM's job to be a computer expert. But it IS his job to hire someone who knows as much or more than BN to examine the discs used by BN. And JM was smart enough to get the judge to require BN to turn over ALL discs he used, even his "working copy, which you would not understand".

Folks, while most of us are not "computer experts" or "forensic computer experts", there are plenty of people nowadays out there who are. And the thing about a hard disk or a mirror image of a hard disk is that there is a finite amount of information on it. Period.

It is a matter of understanding the operating system and being educated as to how and where that particular operating system stores data. Any so-called "volatile information" such as what was stored in the RAM (random access memory) is long gone, what with the number of times the original computer with the target hard disk was turned on and off.

Depending on the amount of RAM and the size of the original hard disk, there could possibly have been some "spillage" of data onto the hard drive. COULD have been. And if there was, it would have been captured when the original mirror image was made.

Could both the State computer expert and the Defense's Mr. Dworkin have both missed something like this? Well, anything is possible, I guess.

All JM needs to do is obtain ALL discs used by this latest "Defense expert" and hire someone who knows more than he does. I'd suggest he contact Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA. This is where the people who are writing the codes for these forensic programs often come from.

For those who want to learn a bit more about forensic examination of hard drives, etc this is a very good read. Some of it is basic and some more technical. But even for those of us who don't know all that much, it is worthwhile to plow through it:

https://resources.sei.cmu.edu/asset_files/Handbook/2005_002_001_14429.pdf

Thanks. Very helpful.

The bottom line from what I have heard so far in the trial is the defense people still have not produced an image that matches the original clone that Juan has.

Juan has proven to me that anything they are claiming
was done after they started to touch it.

So unless they provide an image that matches the original clone and they can prove that image has the *advertiser censored* hits on it then it is all hogwash because it means all of it was done by their own actions in unleashing the virus or deleting the files themselves.

If I was the judge here I would give the defense a deadline to provide original clone copy that matches juans copy and provide their evidence that supports the *advertiser censored* hits on that copy. If they dont have that by deadline then the motion should be thrown out.

BBM- I do not know how much this comes into the play of things. Arias clearly did not trust her legal team and made sure that he PI got a copy of the hard drive. There is some reason that this drive is very, very important to her. It may not be a compelling legal reason for appeal, but she sure as hell wanted it.

Did the PI ever get it?
What day?
Why don't we have a record of it being in the PI's hands?
Could the PI have had an opportunity to scrub it of 70,000 files in August or could he be the "secret" third person who had their hands on this machine?
Could the PI be the one the DT is trying to cover for by giving the wrong disk, saying JM doesn't need stuff, delay, deflect, deny?

I am thinking the style is what they have in common, they both are quick with questions/answers and go from one question then to another... They are also very bright and knowledgeable. I was very angry with the out come of the CA trial, but at least we were able to follow the trial, and the workings of the lawyers.

who is "they" that you are talking about comparing to Baez. I do not think Baez is bright or knowledgeable.

Re: #3, do the lawyers know who asked what question? Are they told up front?

This facebook page has a trial watcher with a great recap of today's proceedings
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis?fref=nf

I'm not sure if I'm allowed quote the whole thing.

I just listened to this excerpt of juror 3. What I heard was not what I have been reading here or at least not what I have understood you all to say. She was moved by the VIS and by that last argument. She sounded very pro prosecution to me, though maybe not for dp. I don't know but she was very articulate.

$3 million just to buy time!

I've often wondered how Jose Baez fared. He had even better results - he got his liar off of everything except lying. Was it a 15 minutes of fame, or is he viewed in Florida as a hot-shot lawyer, with a huge practice?

He made the rounds on the cable (and broadcast?) news networks after JA was found guilty.

He's appeared on Dr. Phil, etc.

I don't look for him to go begging anytime soon.

He made the rounds on the cable (and broadcast?) news networks after JA was found guilty.

He's appeared on Dr. Phil, etc.

I don't look for him to go begging anytime soon.

Huge difference between Baez and Nurmi/Wilmott....Baez got his client off.....N/W got their client---1st Degree Murder and spent millions doing it. Not so good of a record. imo

I just read on the State versus Arias page that Steven isn't doing well and hasn't been attending court. (The admin who is in touch with Tanisha said so). My heart just breaks for the family. Also, the admin is sorry that Juror 3 has been excused.

How I wish that the reality of Travis' family's torment mattered more in this process.

And, as we know, Arias made sure her own hard drives were nowhere to be found by search warrant. "Broken, damaged, etc." It wasn't until Flores informed her he would be obtaining a search warrant for her personal property that she burbled she still had Travis' passwords and was remotely accessing his computer. This followed immediately after she had denied same.

Huge difference between Baez and Nurmi/Wilmott....Baez got his client off.....N/W got their client---1st Degree Murder and spent millions doing it. Not so good of a record. imo

12 jurors and at least 2 alternates believed that KC was not guilty. The odds of that! The only smart thing KC ever did was to keep quiet and avoid the media post-verdict. JA couldn't keep quiet to save her own life. Baez made all sorts of accusations against the victim's grandfather. Nurmi is slandering the victim himself. Baez bonded with the jurors. Nurmi couldn't do that to save his client's life.

And, as we know, Arias made sure her own hard drives were nowhere to be found by search warrant. "Broken, damaged, etc." It wasn't until Flores informed her he would be obtaining a search warrant for her personal property that she burbled she still had Travis' passwords and was remotely accessing his computer. This followed immediately after she had denied same.

I think she may have had access to his myspace and email but I don't think she had access to his computer without him physically allowing it.

~8-15-2014 JA Hired PI

The state discovered evidence someone went into the computer and erased 8,000 files on October 22, 2014 using an incinerator program. Bryan Neumeister initially denied knowledge of the erasing of files and responded two others were working on the computer with him. Juan showed him the program used was incinerator 2.3, which was not on Travis's hard drive prior to Bryan Neumeister's examination.

Incinerator 2.3 is a program which completely removes data to the extent no recovery tool can ever get it back. There is no way of determining what data was removed because there is no trace. However, one cannot use incinerator 2.3 to remove all tracks of incinerator 2.3, so it will remain.

WHY did he do anything to the computer? He could have removed viruses [if there were any] from the mirror image. And how exactly was the original HD damaged? Was PI in room?

She named his Gchat and Facebook as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769