Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think what the current defense is referring to are links to *advertiser censored* sites, probably triggered by viruses. What the original prosecution and defense experts were referring to were actual *advertiser censored* files, videos and pictures. The formal were there, the latter weren't. Even the current defense isn't saying they found videos and pictures, just a history of searching for them, which could all be due to viruses. Even though that's weak evidence that Travis looked for/at *advertiser censored*, it wouldn't surprise me if JSS allows them to claim he did, or at least imply it.

So far Jodis 'mitigation' has consisted wholly of making Travis look bad. I can only hope that that becomes obvious to the jury, and reflects appropriately back on Jodi, and that it becomes obvious that trying to justify the murder by sliming the victim is the very opposite of remorse.

A thought just occurred to me.....what if Travis was aware of the viruses, and that is why he downloaded so many security programs; for all we know, Jodi sent them in an email to him and this could have been at least one of their fights. Another reason Jodi had to destroy her computer. AND that is why Jodi knew that Travis had problems with *advertiser censored* viruses.

I remember Jodi repeatedly telling Flores she had NO MOTIVE to kill Travis, "what was her motive"....I think motive had to be included in Jodi's planning....and the she intended the *advertiser censored* to be motive. Someone else's motive.

Maybe Nurmi's guy was unable to find anything, I think they had several disagreements on her defense, and that was one. She wanted something found on Travis' machine.

This case will drag on for at least another two months. I will not be surprised if we lose four jurors by January. Jurors have careers, families, health and personal problems to deal with. And, who knows how much of this case they will remember after the holidays. According to the Facebook page Travis' loves ones are finding this trial to be much more difficult than the last one. I almost wish she had been sentenced to LWOP last time around. As far as accusations, drama and a circus-like atmosphere in court I fear that it's all going to get much worse as the weeks go by.

Alrighty; then did we ever know who the friend was that she spent the night along with MM?

I don't think so, though perhaps it's Steve or whoever it was that TA was talking about in that password related message?

JApassworda.jpg
JApassw.jpg

If this is what happened....oh boy!

Arias really does think she is the clever one. Travis says repeatedly how she like to manipulate and create machinations. Love Websters definition: a scheming or crafty action or artful design intended to accomplish some usually evil end. Machinations has Jodi's name.

I believe this is exactly what happened. She did this last year with the forged letters. Maybe this is why BN won't reveal who also worked on computer. I am wondering if the PI and BN know each other or ever worked together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. But if this is what happened prior to Travis death, I still wonder how come the police and Lonnie didn't find anything.

Based on what we know today , its either of 2 options.

1-Either Jodi put the viruses on his computer and Travis already had good enough Virus protection at the time that it stopped it from unloading the payload. And only when the DT got ahold of it did they take the necessary action to release the payload. Like installing the screen saver or just clicking and running one of the files already there that was an executable ".exe" file.

2-Or Jodi did unleash the virus and payload onto Travis machine and then he took the necessary steps to have it all cleaned up by all the anti-virus stuff he installed. So the current state of the PC would have looked clean because Travis already cleaned up all the crap from the Virus using software. This could explain all those applications he had.
Juans statements would still be accurate that Travis really had no *advertiser censored* pictures or any evidence that he himself accessed any *advertiser censored* sites. His machine would have all the viruses that were mentioned as being present but it was already in its cleaned state to do no more harm.

He did make it quite clear that he had not been interested in JA(was with someone at the time and he said she knew he was "taken") when asked if she had ever made any moves on him. He said they would often sit beside each other at the counter, but she was always on her pc(I presume probably to use the inn's wifi access). He said she used to try and show him pictures all the time, he said she had thousands of them, but that he barely paid attention at the time. It's quite a short clip with him on Dr.Drew. Oh yea, she apparently paid him back... no idea how she could have afforded that, unless as some suspect, she also robbed TA. Car rental, gas, gas can, food/drink, hair dye, suntan lotion, etc. plus 20 irises sent to TA's grandma, a new? gun, rental car, etc for her "camping" trip that the cops stopped her from leaving on. Oh and didn't she also go back for TA's memorial... what else did she do while she was there?

Ha, her 'camping trip with eight strangers' was probably 'throwing in with a drug cartel in the jungles of Mexico.'

I agree. I knew a couple artists who are 1000 times, at least, better than Jodi. They are paid well by wealthy people for their work. Neither of them would expect their work to hang next to Van Gogh or Monet. Did she think her tracings would actually look good there? It's ludicrous and delusional, like that's all it takes in her mind to be their equal.

If the offer had truly been made, you can bet it wasn't to hang her pictures...

I believe this is exactly what happened. She did this last year with the forged letters. Maybe this is why BN won't reveal who also worked on computer. I am wondering if the PI and BN know each other or ever worked together.

AND does the PI have computer skills!!! I would think a good PI HAS to have good hacking skills now days....since everything [evidence] is now on cell phones and computers!

Who would hire a PI will no computer skills!

Added: And maybe it was ONLY the PI who mess with the computer keeping everyone elses hand clean.

A thought just occurred to me.....what if Travis was aware of the viruses, and that is why he downloaded so many security programs; for all we know, Jodi sent them in an email to him and this could have been at least one of their fights. Another reason Jodi had to destroy her computer. AND that is why Jodi knew that Travis had problems with *advertiser censored* viruses.

I remember Jodi repeatedly telling Flores she had NO MOTIVE to kill Travis, "what was her motive"....I think motive had to be included in Jodi's planning....and the she intended the *advertiser censored* to be motive. Someone else's motive.

Maybe Nurmi's guy was unable to find anything, I think they had several disagreements on her defense, and that was one. She wanted something found on Travis' machine.

I'm sure he knew.... ie. his "rant".

He did make it quite clear that he had not been interested in JA(was with someone at the time and he said she knew he was "taken") when asked if she had ever made any moves on him. He said they would often sit beside each other at the counter, but she was always on her pc(I presume probably to use the inn's wifi access). He said she used to try and show him pictures all the time, he said she had thousands of them, but that he barely paid attention at the time. It's quite a short clip with him on Dr.Drew. Oh yea, she apparently paid him back... no idea how she could have afforded that, unless as some suspect, she also robbed TA. Car rental, gas, gas can, food/drink, hair dye, suntan lotion, etc. plus 20 irises sent to TA's grandma, a new? gun, rental car, etc for her "camping" trip that the cops stopped her from leaving on. Oh and didn't she also go back for TA's memorial... what else did she do while she was there?
Thanks Val1, I now remember that interview with Dr. D. I guess Jodi was easily able to "borrow" money for her her road trip to murder. That's how she got through life, imo.

If the offer had truly been made, you can bet it wasn't to hang her pictures...

Right, like "come on by after closing and you'll see them hanging right there. Everyone who saw them was impressed."

I do find it odd that BN said there were 167 give or take programs on TAs computer. That is quite a few. I just don't know what to believe and in the this will be a non-issue when JSS rules that this was an error that does not affect the trial.

Very interesting. But if this is what happened prior to Travis death, I still wonder how come the police and Lonnie didn't find anything.

Probably because when the laptop was turned on, the anti-malware programs also turned on, possibly updated(though often updates don't take effect until the pc is restarted again after the downloads are done), and any *advertiser censored* hits were probably encoded in quarantine and deleted, so you'd have to look for them in the unallocated spaces. Didn't the police and Lonnie work off that first mirror image, not the same as the one that BN used?

Does anyone remember a guy named John Dixon?
There was a question asked by a juror in her Trial last year about him.

STEPHENS: Sustained. "Why did you plan on going to see John Dixon when you were on your way to Utah to see Ryan?"

ARIAS: John Dixon was a friend, although there was somewhat of an interest there. It was nothing that I ever let grow, because he wasn`t a church member, so it would be kind of a poor investment of my heart to get attached to somebody who is not a member of the church.

What I was going down there for is he had a friend who either owned a gallery or ran a gallery where he hung some of the greats such as Van Gogh and Monet. And when I told him I painted, he said, "We could make a space in this gallery for you.:laugh: I could hang it right next to a Monet or Van Gogh." It sounded like a very big -- it sounded like a very exciting thing for me, because one of my goals at that time was to get my paintings into galleries.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/06/ijvm.01.html

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat. All she had to do was tell Mr. Gallery Owner that she "painted" and he offered to hang her "paintings" in his "gallery," next to "the greats?" Right, Jodi. Lu. Na. Tic. If this guy exists (he doesn't), and he has Monet and Van Gogh (uh-uh) in his "gallery" (nope), Jodi shouldn't expect too much. Is the name of his gallery "Mom's Basement?" Does he have artsy posters thumbtacked to the wall? Did he maybe say "bang," not "hang?"

The ONLY way she'd ever get her "paintings" into a gallery is to have Maria smuggle them in and then hide them. How exciting that would be for our mentally ill young girl.

How could John Dixon be a poor investment for her heart WHEN SHE DOESN'T HAVE ONE?

Also... one more gold star for Jodi -- It can't have been easy to learn so much LDS lingo so quickly! Maybe if she "designs" any more t-*advertiser censored*, they should jut say "chameleon."

For the vis comment alone,I am very glad she is gone,that is just down right COLD,there is suppose to be some human compassion,that statement has no warm heart,things happen for a reason,maybe, but yeah glad she is gone.

I so agree. .. this juror in an effort to appear impartial was not successful, she also says she is not shocked at the photos but merely in disbelief <eyeroll> and that they were ill prepared and not briefed, what does she think this is a president-elect transition of sorts, well sorry if the court cannot be more accommodating. IMO the photos are of an extreme shocking nature, anyone that says otherwise is a competent fool.

This lady also stated that from her professional opinion she was appalled at some of the behavior, 'appalled', seriously? I really, really hope she was talking about the defense witness on the stand. If anything, I feel what she should have been appalled at the nature of the wounds the victim suffered on the hands of a this lying killer. Glad she is gone. jmo

Probably because when the laptop was turned on, the anti-malware programs also turned on, possibly updated(though often updates don't take effect until the pc is restarted again after the downloads are done), and any *advertiser censored* hits were probably encoded in quarantine and deleted, so you'd have to look for them in the unallocated spaces. Didn't the police and Lonnie work off that first mirror image, not the same as the one that BN used?
Perhaps Lonnie did not dig through the registry of the first image Mesa PD provided him. In other words, did not dig deep to find anything as he was never asked to?

Just a reminder:

Arias wrote a "manifesto," and she thinks that she is as smart as the father of modern physics, Albert Einstein.

snip

Martinez wanted to know how LaViolette reconciled her belief that Arias has low self-esteem with her knowledge that Arias was confident enough to write a manifesto and thinks she is as smart as Einstein. "So the fact that the defendant was happy to have her IQ tested, because she believed she&#8217;s on the level of Einstein, doesn&#8217;t indicate to you this individual does not suffer from a low self-esteem issue?" Martinez asked.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/10/did-arias-expert-intentionally-ignore-stalking-evidence

Jodi spends 24/7 scheming. So funny how she instructs her witnesses to use the words Juan used to describe her. Liar, slimy, etc etc. Nothing original comes out of Jodi, not her paintings, not her plots and schemes. Not even her sex games, all from books or movies, or copying other cases and trials.

She is a FAKE, through and through....just because you memorize a few words does not make you a genius.............SORRY for the RANT.

I don't understand tbh. If the *advertiser censored* hits were deleted after the laptop was turned on, shouldn't it have been there to find when the original copy was made of the harddrive?

AND does the PI have computer skills!!! I would think a good PI HAS to have good hacking skills now days....since everything [evidence] is now on cell phones and computers!

Who would hire a PI will no computer skills!

Added: And maybe it was ONLY the PI who mess with the computer keeping everyone elses hand clean.

They usually have people on site to do the work. I don't know how big this PI company is. I work in the same kind of company. Not involved in investigative work though just research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member