Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a map (hope I did it right) of the area that was in MSM of where she was last seen (1900 block of Spiller Rd. S.E).

It's close to the railway tracks (on the far right I captured in photo map), I'm assuming LE has searched the tracks. Does anyone local know if those are active tracks? If so, is it a busy railway route? Sorry, I'm in BC and not familiar with the area firsthand.

ETA - to the far left of the map is the Elbow River, that I didn't capture in this pic. I'm assuming LE has searched around the river?

View attachment 64970

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-sa...disappear-without-contacting-anyone-1.2134851
That is the Ogden area - notorious for crime, drugs, etc... While it has improved some, it is still quite rough.

The Calgary crime map shows 73 violations in the last 3 months. That is still quite a lot compared to other areas.

The railway is still actively used along that route.

That is the Ogden area - notorious for crime, drugs, etc... While it has improved some, it is still quite rough.

The Calgary crime map shows 73 violations in the last 3 months. That is still quite a lot compared to other areas.

The railway is still actively used along that route.

Thanks news.talk, do you know if the area is one of those kinda rough but up and coming cool neighborhoods? Like East Van (not East Hastings/Lower East side), Mount Pleasant or Commercial Drive in Vancouver are considered a little rough around the edges, lots of petty crime but artsy/hipster/boho types flock and live there mostly.

I'm just curious why she lived in a rough part of town, unless it's was a young persons neighborhood where it's shedding it's roughness for coolness if that makes sense!

Thanks news.talk, do you know if the area is one of those kinda rough but up and coming cool neighborhoods? Like East Van (not East Hastings/Lower East side), Mount Pleasant or Commercial Drive in Vancouver are considered a little rough around the edges, lots of petty crime but artsy/hipster/boho types flock and live there mostly.

I'm just curious why she lived in a rough part of town, unless it's was a young persons neighborhood where it's shedding it's roughness for coolness if that makes sense!
Last time I drove through there, it was still old run-down houses, low income and rough. There are exceptions but it would not be on my list of places to live.

The problem is the housing market here. Much like Van, the cost to buy or rent is very high and getting worse. With a 1% vacancy rate, the selections are limited. You go where you can and pay what they ask. There is very little room for choice.

At one time, the Hell's Angels occupied a good portion of that area. They had businesses and their club house there IIRC.

Definitely not an area that I would travel by foot at night with no phone (or mace).

ETA: Went on Google street view.. It looks like multilevel condos that run along there. They look quite nice, but who knows.

The family reports that she made the audition in Edmonton and the casting ppl have informed the police when she left.

I used to live in the Orange Lofts 5th St. and 8th Ave before all the development and the area definetly was the zone for prostitution, drugs, and homeless people. The Area is quite populated this way. However, IMO it is nothing like East Van. I would never walk alone at night but I would walk to downtown or Inglewood and never had any problems. I recognized most people that worked on the streets and a homeless man that walked the same road at the same time every morning.

The large homeless shelter and the Salvation Army as well as the park setting between Inglewood and the shelter are all in easy walking distance. There is also a light industrial section.

Pics of Shannon in this link, (7)

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/12/05/shannon-burgess-missing_n_6278132.html

Rbbm.
" Shannon works as a performance artist and a standup comedian and travels to Edmonton frequently to visit friends.

“My sister is a very outgoing, very social girl," explains Erin. She very much enjoys spending time with friends. Even the previous weekend, when she was in Edmonton, there are so many people that I’ve told who’ve said they were hanging out with her.”

“All avenues are being looked at, certainly credit cards and banking information is one of the priorities we look at," said S/Sgt. Baker. "If somebody decides to go off the grid intentionally, they have to make plans and they have to have some money. ”

If Shannon disappeared of her own volition, S/Sgt. Baker addressed the 25-year-old assuring her she will not face any legal trouble.

“Wherever you are, come forward, call us, call your family members, tell them that you’re safe and that will be the end of it,” said Baker."

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-sa...out-contacting-anyone-1.2134851#ixzz3L8Vdi1T1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYgblHe6Dpc

"Published on Dec 5, 2014

We are seeking public assistance to locate a woman who went missing late last week.

Shannon Madill (Burgess), 25, was last seen by a family member at approximately 12:30 a.m., on Thursday, Nov. 27, 2014, at her residence in the 1900 block of Spiller Road S.E. When she didn’t arrive for plans with family and friends on Sunday, they became concerned and reported her missing on Monday, Dec. 1, 2014.

Although there are no indications of foul play, it is out of character for her to not be in touch with family and friends and police are concerned for her welfare.

She is described as Caucasian, approximately 130 lbs., 5’6” tall, with red hair and green eyes. Shannon wears glasses, and frequently travels to Edmonton to visit friends and for work as a performance artist and standup comedian.

Anyone who may have information about her whereabouts is asked to call police, or Crime Stoppers using any of the following methods:

TALK: 1-800-222-8477
TYPE: www.calgarycrimestoppers.org
TEXT: tttTIPS to 274637"

Does anyone know the character of her husband and how messy the divorce might be?

All LE seem to have about where, when and with what she was last seen is what he told them from what I gather. I guess what I'm saying is - we don't know she actually left the house at 12:30am with keys and wallet in hand, that's what her husband told LE.

On this train of thought (my suspicions about the hubby I guess), why would the cell phone be left? *If* he was covering anything up, wouldn't he say she left with cell, keys and wallet? Why leave the cell so LE can search?

I don't get the impression she left on her own accord. If she was suicidal, she wouldn't have just gone to an audition would she?

Last time I drove through there, it was still old run-down houses, low income and rough. There are exceptions but it would not be on my list of places to live.

The problem is the housing market here. Much like Van, the cost to buy or rent is very high and getting worse. With a 1% vacancy rate, the selections are limited. You go where you can and pay what they ask. There is very little room for choice.

At one time, the Hell's Angels occupied a good portion of that area. They had businesses and their club house there IIRC.

Definitely not an area that I would travel by foot at night with no phone (or mace).

ETA: Went on Google street view.. It looks like multilevel condos that run along there. They look quite nice, but who knows.

I totally disagree, Inglewood is a beautiful neighborhood with many perks and is walking distance to downtown. IMO it is very similar to Bridgeland and Ramsay.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...anada+best+neighbourhoods/10312245/story.html

MSM is saying she lived in the community of Ramsay, so maybe it's not so bad?

It is an urban inner city neighborhood, it is not so bad. Great area to invest in actually. It is in the car-to-go zone, bus and your downtown in under 15 min. Walk to the Stampede, Inglewood Shops, Talisman, bike paths, river.

I wonder if she used car-to-go and if so they can trace where she picked up and dropped the car.

Concerning " good" and " bad " parts of town - imo, crime, prostitution, ect. exist in both, perhaps just better disguised/ hidden in the upscale areas. moo.

Speculation, hopeful thinking..

Wondering how Shannon's audition went, it could be very demoralizing to not get the role , that, plus a recent split from hubby, car brakes broken, an increasingly cold, dark season, might make anyone want to escape it all for a while.
A post on S's fb iirc, was something about everyone being adults and it was okay to not always be in touch ( something to that effect anyway).
Hoping this is the case with Shannon and that she is having a kind of " Go Girl" absence.

Otherwise wonder if S had a bike that she might use because her car was not working and to save on taxi money? imo.

It is an urban inner city neighborhood, it is not so bad. Great area to invest in actually. It is in the car-to-go zone, bus and your downtown in under 15 min. Walk to the Stampede, Inglewood Shops, Talisman, bike paths, river.

I wonder if she used car-to-go and if so they can trace where she picked up and dropped the car.

I thought I read her car was at home the night she disappeared? I'll double check… yep..

"She had left her cellphone at home and her vehicle in the driveway.(BBM)

Or do you mean, if she used car-to-go in general or if her brakes weren't working?

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago

Speculation, hopeful thinking..

Wondering how Shannon's audition went, it could be very demoralizing to not get the role , that, plus a recent split from hubby, car brakes broken, an increasingly cold, dark season, might make anyone want to escape it all for a while.
A post on S's fb iirc, was something about everyone being adults and it was okay to not always be in touch ( something to that effect anyway).
Hoping this is the case with Shannon and that she is having a kind of " Go Girl" absence.

Otherwise wonder if S had a bike that she might use because her car was not working and to save on taxi money? imo.

Hard to say about the audition and whether she was thick skinned or not about it. The audition was a day before she disappeared IIRC? I don't think she would know about getting the part that quickly… Sometimes they have callbacks if casting is debating between 2-3 actors, so I'm not sure she'd know the news within a day. I'm guessing here though from the little I know about auditions/casting.

I did see those cryptic posts you refer to also, makes one wonder if there was drama going on. I wonder if it was directed to JB or girlfriends.

I think news.talk mentioned the weather was quite cold that night, so probably not walking/biking weather.

I thought I read her car was at home the night she disappeared? I'll double check… yep..

"She had left her cellphone at home and her vehicle in the driveway.(BBM)

Or do you mean, if she used car-to-go in general or if her brakes weren't working?

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago

The Car-2-Go is a popular service in the community she lives. If her car was out of service she may use this program:
https://www.car2go.com/en/calgary/

The more I think about it, the more unsettled I get with the story.

Who leaves home on a weeknight (Thurs) at 12:30am? Her husband I think works for the government of Canada, the info I found on the government website has the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm. So he would have to be up early the next morning.

If she was in fact going out, she would have to be picked up by someone else. MSM has not mentioned another person picking her up, MSM/LE said she was last seen by her husband at home.

Also, if she was going out, the only place I can think of someone going that time of night is out to a club/to party with friends, but this wasn't a Friday night, it was a Thursday, so seems maybe doubtful. Or she was leaving to talk to someone in distress, but MSM/LE have not mentioned another person seeing her at that time of night.

I do not think she left to clear her head, or take a break. Unless she got in a fight with the person at home, I don't see a reason for her to leave her home in the cold at 12:30am alone. If she did get in a fight and left alone, she would've brought her phone to call someone to pick her up or stay the night with them. If her phone was 'taken' from her and she was 'kicked out' in the cold, I still think she would've walked somewhere close by. Is there gas stations, 24 hour convenience stores around that area I wonder? I will try to look at the map in street view to see what's around.

ETA - there is a 7-11 up Spiller Rd not far from her house

I wasn't referring to Inglewood. Maybe I am mistaken, I thought she lived in Ogden?

ETA: I stand corrected. Her address is definitely in Ramsey.

I was confused as to which neighborhood you were describing then. I am including Inglewood as she spent a lot of time there and because of the close proximity to her home in Ramsey.

I wonder if she went to do karaoke at Ducky's that night to have some fun. Maybe her phone was left behind because she needed time away from it or she simply forgot it. Calgary has a Thursday night life so she may have went out.

Seems strange that if she is separated from her husband that they had such a late encounter.

Also, after going thru her FB I suspect she is an insomniac of sorts and is more active in the late night hours.

Maybe she was dating again and her ex could be aware or not aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6