CA - Armie, 89, & Shirley Isom, 74, murdered at their La Verne estate, 26 Dec 2014

So I am assuming that Armie went by his middle name of Troy?

Troy Isom had been in construction for many years, Mineer said.

http://ktla.com/2014/12/26/1-fatally-stabbed-1-critical-after-attack-at-la-verne-area-home-killer-on-loose/

What about this groundskeeper too, can't exactly rule him out, and isn't he the source of the first sighting of someone leaving the home, and perhaps also the source of these lawsuit rumours?

Red herrings?

I think in-law might mean son-in-law (or daughter-in-law I suppose) ..

A good sketch artist should sit down with these witnesses and get a description of this guy out there and get him off the streets. Killing an elderly couple in the sanctity of their home is morally reprehensible and if he did it once, he'll do it again.

Not if it was meant specifically for them, to kill them as they were receiving threats a relative said weeks before the murders. I doubt that a crazed lunatic is running around loose, although this is pretty revengeful I'd say. But perhaps just meant for them alone. No robbery reported. Oftentimes being very wealthy you can create lots of enemies on the way up.

Not if it was meant specifically for them, to kill them as they were receiving threats a relative said weeks before the murders. I doubt that a crazed lunatic is running around loose, although this is pretty revengeful I'd say. But perhaps just meant for them alone. No robbery reported. Oftentimes being very wealthy you can create lots of enemies on the way up.

Off topic , I miss your charts. Do you have a website or a wordpress?

Off topic , I miss your charts. Do you have a website or a wordpress?

I tried to send you a PM just now, but the message said, your account has exceeded its message capacity limit :(

If you PM me with your email, I can send you a bunch of nice sites, one for forensics you may enjoy. i'm on FB under Hawkins,Deb as well.

Hope to hear from you,

Leomoon (Deb)
The following errors occurred with your submission
Soulmagent has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

http://www.amazon.com/D.M.-Hoover/e/B00DVNO7WK

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...yed-Couple-at-La-Verne-Mansion-287763171.html

Police released a composite sketch Wednesday in hopes of identifying a man wanted in the slaying of an elderly couple at their La Verne mansion last month...

The couple’s daughter, Darcy Isom, said that while her father had numerous business dealings and was targeted in several lawsuits, she doesn’t know why anybody would want to hurt them.

She also said she was not convinced that the man in the sketch was the killer. "I don't think it had anything to do with the lawsuits, and I don't think this hooded person has anything to do with anything either," she said.

145dd476-1995-4e99-ae67-b05409a641b2_zps9a3d0033.png

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-suspect-laverne-killings-20150107-story.html

Lt. Dave Coleman said Wednesday that the suspect was dressed more like a hiker than a homeless person. Surveillance cameras captured him near the gate to the property shortly after the murders, which occurred about 1 p.m., Coleman said.

Coleman said there is physical evidence tying the man to the murders, but he would not elaborate. Eyewitness accounts and surveillance footage show that the suspect walked away from the house and down Live Oak Canyon Road toward the 210 Freeway, he said...

Coleman declined to address media reports that the Isoms had allegedly been receiving threats from family members who wanted access to their money, saying only that detectives are examining "all aspects of the Isoms' personal, professional and business life."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...-wanted-in-murder-of-elderly-la-verne-couple/

Minner and his wife live next door to the Isoms and said they conversed with them often. “That day, for some reason, the gate was left open and he didn’t normally do that,” Minner said of Armie Isom.

Minner said a few days before the couple was killed, Isom had expressed concern about his safety over a break-in that happened in one of the homes on his property and about some lawsuits.

“I asked him. I said, ‘Are you keeping your doors locked?’ And he said, ‘I keep my doors locked all the time,'” Joanne Minner, another neighbor, said. But detectives say the doors weren’t locked the day after Christmas when the crime occurred as there was no sign of a break-in.

Interesting that the couples daughter is diverting questions away from the possible connection to these lawsuits.

Does she KNOW or does she just not want to believe?

First time posting. I live in the area and have heard from neighbors that the couple's "guard dogs" had gone missing about 6 weeks earlier. Also, the daughter lives a few houses down.

how very convenient for their killer(s)

Is the daughter the one connected to the ex in-law with the lawsuits? If so well, doesn't that just stink?

"As confirmed by detectives, neighbors said Armie Isom was involved in a number of business dealings; subdividing property on the lot in La Verne; commercial businesses; and gold mines.
He was also involved in a massive lawsuit said to be worth $20 million.
Court records show that a previous lawsuit filed by the Isoms’ one-time son-in-law was dismissed. Detectives said they are looking into other lawsuits."
^ http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...-wanted-in-murder-of-elderly-la-verne-couple/^. dtd Jan 7, bbm

Is discussing lawsuits off limits, if we find info on ct docket or filings? Seems like they could identify a motive, esp a dismissed lawsuit.

As a rule in most states, an inheritance is not counted as community property and is not divided. It belongs solely to the person it is left to.

I Dont what to think yet.

Unidentified sources kinda spook me. Mr Isom had a construction company and was a real estate investor. Seem alot of people could have motives .

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x80c32fea6423fd25:0x27590a0bc41ef660

Nothing to add to the case but this is kinda :cool: imo. If you go to street view and look right, you will notice a man standing by a white truck and waving. Toggle down and you will see the shadow from the goggle car and the driver is either waving or giving the peace sign.

Agree, I very much doubt this so called transient man had anything to do with it, my bet the culprit will be a LOT closer to home, especially with a beating.

"A source with close ties to the family of Armie and Shirley Isom claims the slain couple received threats just weeks before their deaths."

I'd be looking at this source first if I was LE unless these 'threats' were actually reported to police by the couple.

ETA: "The unidentified source told KCAL9’s Tom Wait the threats allegedly came from other relatives who wanted a piece of the Isoms’ fortune."

Gotta love christmas time ..
My thoughts also lead away from the "transient"....unless he wasn't one at all but rather someone either hired to eliminate the couple or someone they knew, in disguise. The manner in which they were murdered seems personal, versus using a firearm.

MOO

First time posting. I live in the area and have heard from neighbors that the couple's "guard dogs" had gone missing about 6 weeks earlier. Also, the daughter lives a few houses down.
The dogs went missing? How convenient and if connected to the murders, shows someone was planning this weeks ago. The "transient" would be eliminated as a POI.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back