MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to the "party"...

MsPragmatic said:
I keep coming back to Auntie. Auntie was one of the first to be interviewed. She had communicated with JC via phone. We know this because Auntie told us this in her on-camera interview. She was the one who mentioned seeing JC at a party. She also uses the phrase when "they left the party". If there WAS no party, Auntie lied about seeing JC there. If there WAS a party, Auntie saw who she left with. IMO, Auntie is a rather big piece to this puzzle.

This is an excellent point, and I hope this is one of the instances where LE is going back from the beginning and cross-checking everyone's stories. If there was indeed a party of any sort and Auntie was there, she has firsthand knowledge of it. OR, Auntie was NOT there and knows about it secondhand - how does she know it/who was the source?

"Some people are saying she stopped by a party after that," said Chambers. "We think whoever called her over to them was asking her to go to that party, because where she was found and where the party was aren't very far apart." (Huffington Post article previously cited)

Whatever the party was, apparently it had a set location and an address close to 2300 Herron Road... but who provided that information?

Thanks, Bessie

Unfortunately, the "COURTLAND, Miss. — Dec 11, 2014, 2:47 PM ET By ADRIAN SAINZ Associated Press" link in the Websleuths thread you cite does not readily bring up the article.

However I will endeavor to follow the Adrian Sainz lead, although I believe that he may merely be regurgitating the same statement from the NOLA article; the time imples that it was written after the NOLA article.

Tracking AP-wire is not easy. I'm guessing though that the AP picked up the story first from local and regional broadcasts.

No clue if this helps but here is the cached version of the Sainz article http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...672b339596e13c555a2+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Maybe she bought more gas than her norm; because she wanted to limit her visits to that gas station through out the week. She did get accosted there a week earlier by a angry female.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27666815/jessica-chambers-homicide-investigation-continues

It should be pointed out that this was a rumor, but this particular rumor was printed as such in MSM:

Amid rumors, Ali Alsanai says he doesn't know whether someone choked Jessica Chambers outside of his store. He says he just found out about the allegations and it is not in his surveillance recording system.

"I heard from random customers walking in and out that she got choked a week before she died. It was early in the morning....I didn't know about it because I wasn't here," said Alsanai.

I believe BC believes there was a party because Auntie said there was one.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27666815/jessica-chambers-homicide-investigation-continues

It should be pointed out that this was a rumor, but this particular rumor was printed as such in MSM:

Amid rumors, Ali Alsanai says he doesn't know whether someone choked Jessica Chambers outside of his store. He says he just found out about the allegations and it is not in his surveillance recording system.

"I heard from random customers walking in and out that she got choked a week before she died. It was early in the morning....I didn't know about it because I wasn't here," said Alsanai.
Another link:

Authorities reportedly investigating possible confrontation from a week before Jessica Chambers’ death
Posted 6:34 pm, December 18, 2014, by Caitlin Alexander

He told WREG investigators recently returned to his gas station, asking him about a possible altercation in the parking lot involving Chambers a week before she died.

“I told them I wasn’t there that day,” Alsanai said.
The "possible" altercation has not been confirmed, nor has the gender of the alleged attacker. Take it with a huge chunk of salt.

JMO

Police are searching her data and text records after obtaining warrants Wednesday that compelled Google and her cell phone provider to give police access to her phone’s content, said John Champion, district attorney for Mississippi’s 17th Circuit.

The prosecutor on Thursday also updated information he had given CNN the previous day that indicated Chambers had attended a party but police couldn’t find anyone who had seen her there. Police have now spoken to witnesses who say they saw Chambers at the party, the prosecutor said.
http://fox6now.com/2014/12/12/jessica-chambers-phone-provides-leads-prosecutor-says/

BBM

I am curious who aside from aunty Sha Sha claims to have witnessed Jessica at this party the night she died. The word witnesses is used in the fox6 link above.

"There was a party going on and she was there," said Chambers' acquaintance Charlotte Wilkerson. "When she left the party, that's when it happened to her."
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...-tries-to-comfort-burning-victim-before-death

ETA and yes, know I will probably never know who else if that person is not talking to media. But I had prettty much discounted Wilkerson's account until I read the fox6 link saying police have plural witnesses claiming Jessica was indeed at a party that night.

Thanks, Bessie

Unfortunately, the "COURTLAND, Miss. — Dec 11, 2014, 2:47 PM ET By ADRIAN SAINZ Associated Press" link in the Websleuths thread you cite does not readily bring up the article.

However I will endeavor to follow the Adrian Sainz lead, although I believe that he may merely be regurgitating the same statement from the NOLA article; the time imples that it was written after the NOLA article.

Tracking AP-wire is not easy. I'm guessing though that the AP picked up the story first from local and regional broadcasts.
I've updated the first link in the Media Thread post #4 Thanks to tlcya for tracking down the link to the Google cached page. :thumb:

Also, the ABC article first appeared on December 10. Here's a link to a post where it was cited here in Thread #1.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...anola-County-Dec-2014&p=11290797#post11290797

From the link:

Convenience store manager Ali Fadhel said Chambers came in frequently and he would often speak with her. He told The Associated Press that Chambers spoke with someone before entering the store to purchase gas.

On her way out, Chambers got a call on her cellphone, Fadhel said. After she pumped gas, she re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, headed south on Highway 51, he said.

[snip]

Chambers bought $14 worth of gas, more than the $5 or so she usually purchased, he said.

"I asked her, 'Why are you putting so much gas?' She said, 'I'm going somewhere,'" Fadhel said.

It is a volunteer fire department in Courtland.

I just wanted that fact to be known without implying anything further.

Moo

I am curious who aside from aunty Sha Sha claims to have witnessed Jessica at this party the night she died. The word witnesses is used in the fox6 link above.

"There was a party going on and she was there," said Chambers' acquaintance Charlotte Wilkerson. "When she left the party, that's when it happened to her."
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...-tries-to-comfort-burning-victim-before-death

ETA and yes, know I will probably never know who else if that person is not talking to media. But I had prettty much discounted Wilkerson's account until I read the fox6 link saying police have plural witnesses claiming Jessica was indeed at a party that night.

I'm sorry, but I for one would not know. What seems clear is that Cassandra aka Sandy Rudd waved Jessica over and invited her to the party. Aunty Sha Sha aka Charlotte Wilkerson claims to have witnessed seeing they/her leave the party (or is she just repeating what she's heard?) Ben Chambers believes the party took place near to where Jessica was found near death.

I don't think there was an explosion. If there had been one, the man who reported hearing the vehicle with the loud pipes that night would have also heard an explosion. JMO

No clue if this helps but here is the cached version of the Sainz article http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...672b339596e13c555a2+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thus far, it seems as if WJTV News Channel 12 article: "friends-of-mississippi-teen-burned-alive-want-justice" is the first mention of Chambers re-entering M&M. WJTV preempts Adrian Saniz's article.

An advanced news search using Yahoo News and the keywords: "Jessica Chambers" and "cigarettes" produces a December 10, 4:17pm article. (also time-stamped @ website as "Posted: Dec 10, 2014 6:56 PM EST | Updated: Dec 10, 2014 6:56 PM EST ")

WJTV is a Jackson, Mississippi tv station.

Thus it must be responsible for the following statement; (no author is mentioned, just STAFF).

[...] "She wasn't afraid. She was normal like nothing had happened, like nothing was going to happen,” he [ie. a store employee who wished to remain anonymous] said. “She just walked in, smiled to everybody, pumped her gas, walked back, took some cigarettes and left."

The anonymous employee says, "...pumped her gas, walked back, took some cigarettes and left." We now know that that employee was Ali Alsanai.

[color="ff000"]As of the date of this WS Post, however, no video copies -- which I have seen -- corroborate a fact that Jessica Chambers returned into the store after she exited it at 06:27:02 pm .[/color]

It would appear to me that Ali Alsanai's recollections of Jessica's movements need to be re-examined.

It would make sense then that if Jessica was invited to some party (maybe party is a euphemism) with people her mother might not approve of (considering Jessica's desire to turn her life around) she would call her mom and tell her she doing something else to account for her time.

I've always thought that she purchased extra gas because she agreed to give somebody a ride somewhere and I think those people are the ones that did this to her. Maybe someone even gave her the extra gas money in advance.

I don't know if no copies of video corroborate but I agree that none have been publicized or provided to the public/press.

My theories on that:

It never happened and clerk was misquoted which is why he was not named in the earliest articles, because reporters were running with stuff to meet deadlines and had not had oportunity to veify statements or names. Once the press had his name and tried to get quotes/statements they could use he did not relay anything of the sort regarding a second trip into the M&M for smokes.

or

It happened, LE has that video in addition to the small portion of video released to public/press and for some reason do not feel a need to have it out there.

I've always thought that she purchased extra gas because she agreed to give somebody a ride somewhere and I think those people are the ones that did this to her. Maybe someone even gave her the extra gas money in advance.

I too have wondered if perhaps someone filled cans or other containers off her pump and simply paid her to ring it all at once. Someone who was perhaps catching a lift somewhere not terribly out of Jessica's way. But I could see no such activity going on in the versions of video released.

After repeatedly watching/listening to Champion's interview I believe that there is more video (and some of it after the video we have seen) that LE has collected. Surely many other places she may have simply driven past have cctv. Possibly even her car was seen and some other tracking of her whereabouts before her death are available. It's true that when someone has been clean from any substance and returns to it the downfall is worse than they could expect but besides her Dad's report of her having been in a women's shelter, do we have any facts to prove she was a recovered abuser of drugs? I read the heartbreaking letter she wrote to her niece K and she repeatedly said "things are going to be much better now" along w/the reference that the man who was involved wasn't worth the tears. Does anyone have a link showing that JC was in fact a drug abuser because I don't have one in my memory. TIA
:moo:

Maybe she bought more gas than her norm; because she wanted to limit her visits to that gas station through out the week. She did get accosted there a week earlier by a angry female.

Do you have a link that says JC was accosted there by a female? I read on a site we can't link that it was a male, not a female.

Also hopefully LE was able to track any other available pings from her cell phone if she spoke on it after talking to her Mom or even if she was driving while talking to Mom. They did say the cell is the key. So I hope so!:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coloradoloser