Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished reading JSS denial of defense motions. Reminded me of my two young sons sitting in the backseat of the car claiming that one was looking at the other. "Mom, he's looking at me!" Please, why is the court's time wasted with this stuff. JSS should have shut most of this stuff down sooner.
She is dealing with a defendant and team who are passive agressive. Example, JSS asked counsel to stand when they have objections. Not minutes later. LKN objected while sitting! No comment made! Not a big deal,but huge when looking at the big picture.

IMO it is because JSS is afraid of doing something that will be a successful appeal at the end of trial. She is unsure of herself and in the process is allowing the defense to run all over her and make her appear to be incapable of presiding over a death penalty trial.

MOO

Great post above mindmatters. I agreee with you 100 percent.

I don't think anyone has to have heard her testimony, in advance, for her to be toast. The moment they heard her explain things in front of them on that witness stand, with her flat affect and hollow emotions, would be enough. What she claims does not match her demeanor- ever. IMO

They have got to stop asking her how things make her feel because she is completely incapable of convincingly verbalizing feelings she's never felt or the emotion she had during things that never happened. If someone's EQ is low stop getting them to try and fake it and getting them to try and think up how a false event would make her feel if it really happened to her because all of this comes off to most people. No 'there' there.

Ultimately, the best thing to do would be to not put her on the stand at all. But no one has ever accused this defense team or this defendant of making rational decisions.

No but she will be able to start "book clubs" and "recycling programs" (according to her), attend support programs, educational programs, religious services and basically live her life amongst the general population manipulating guards and inmates alike for her personal pleasure. Not sure about Perryville but most prisons also have work programs and I believe it was while Jeffrey Dahmer (who did receive a life sentence) was working in one that he was killed in prison. Pretty sure that JA would be able to adapt just fine, as she has at Estrella, and not be in any danger. She has spent 7 years trying to establish that her crime was a crime of self defence and I doubt you'll find any women in prison who would think she deserves to die for killing an ex boyfriend. She is not the type of murderer that would be at risk in general population IMO.

JA was floundering on the outside trying to find her way in the world and manipulating her way around unsuspecting people. She has done quite well for herself in jail and would continue to do so in prison in the general population because she knows how to adapt her manipulations to the type of people she's dealing with. Her crime warrants the death penalty in the state of AZ. The victim's family believes this is a just punishment. That is what she should receive. She has been unable to come up with one mitigating factor why she should not.

https://corrections.az.gov/programs-services

MOO
But Kamille, seriously, she wasn't able to adapt to normal life, on the outside- just fine.

From all appearances and what we know so far, she did not surround herself with hooligans or other personality disordered people or sociopaths. She tried to blend in with more and more normal (seeming) people as she moved on (and up, IMO).

Prison, and the population it serves, will be a whole different ballgame for little miss Jodi and she aint gonna likey it- I guarantee you. No more pretty woman for JAA and that was the life she was desperately trying to grasp for, for dear life. She was willing to kill for it.

She.will.never.have.a.moment.of.joy.peace.or.happiness. I guarantee it. I totally believe when all hopes of getting out on appeal fail she will kill herself.

She is toast. Funny and TRUE. I think this jury has seen and heard a lot about Jodi Arias even before they arrived on duty here. I think they walked in with a pretty good idea what they would vote and seeing the autopsy photos solidified it. IF they saw any of these type interviews she definitely is, as you say......toast http://youtu.be/4UXhVsuzRTE

Unless there is one or more anti death penalty "stealth" jurors on this case. Anything is possible.

MOO

The other aspect of this that's weird is neither of the "expert" psych types the defense had in this round has offered a "diagnosis" - and by law they cannot do so since they are not licensed in AZ. So unless he has somebody read back Samuels for PTSD (Juan would have a field day if that door is opened), then by the time he rests his case in chief he will be arguing that the jury should take her mental illness into account when he has not had anyone diagnose her as mentally ill..

If they read back Samuels on PTSD, I hope JM brings back the delightful Dr. Jill Hayes to demolish Samuels and Willmott again:
http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-dr-jill-hayes-last-witness-for-the-prosecution/

Just wanted to also point out that JA got up and did her robotic remorse speech on the SAME DAY that the jury had just seen the victim impact statements from Travis' siblings. Can you imagine the contrast?

This is a really good point. Her flat, emotionless, REMORSELESS face compared to all the pain and loss on his family. I'm sure this is a lasting impression on the jury.

I watched Dr DeMarte again....she clearly said that Jodi did not suffer from PTSD only BPD.

But, for everyone that has forgotten this little exchange between Wilmot and Demarte, it's worth watching again. I also agree with what someone else upthread said, Nurmi and Wilmot were totally unmatched with Juan, LE and now the court. Bet the whole defense are licking their wounds about now....:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFiDeRG-beY

People Tell On Themselves, Their experts do too! #JodiArias

Juan Martinez will have a field day when he gets to cross exam. So many doors were opened by the defense through the experts.

If one listens closely to the interviews of Mom, Pop and Jodi with Detective Flores we learn #JodiArias planned to have her receipts, texts, emails and journals discovered. Much may be inferred once one knows that.

DF questioing mom of JodiArias: "You had enough suspicion to ask her if she did this?"

http://youtu.be/qMaTDrBqZ6g?t=10m29s

MOM: " Well yeah; because, someone died. I asked her. Of course I asked her. She swore she didn't do it. "I DID NOT GO to Arizona. She said, I never went I HAVE THE GAS RECEIPTS TO PROVE IT"

http://youtu.be/qMaTDrBqZ6g?t=4m46s

Jodi Arias in her interrogation with Detective Flores slides in there SEVERAL times

She has journals, emails, and texts that will (according to her) unfortunately show angry words and ugly exchanges between she and Travis. She mentions to him several times where the journals are, he needs to retrieve them, and where her box of gas receipts are in a shoe box by her bed at Gram's house.

We learn from Sky Hughes that Jodi admitted to her, she broke into Travis' emails and forwarded them all to herself

http://t.co/Yh4RvYI3gF

We know from Deanna that she caught Jodi in person breaking into Travis' home and his computer .

http://youtu.be/Wv38JlANzDM?t=13m20s

Dr.Drew: Tell us about the time Travis asked you to go check on his dog, when he was out of town, you got there and to your surprise there was Jodi, making herself at him, making cookies.

Deanna R: Yes, Travis called me, and told me that he wanted me to go over, so of course I agreed to go check on Napoleon. I loved that dog. No one was to be home No cars were there. I used my key to open the door. I walked in, I see Jodi, she is sitting on the couch with Travis' laptop. She offered me a cookie. I kind of knew about the slashing tires, and some stalking behaviors. And there she was in his house, she had broken into his house...

#JodiArias admitted both to Ryan Burns and on the stand that she sent fake emails/texts posing as Travis to Lisa Andrews.

Later we learn from Dr. Karl Hiatt that the complementary texts and emails from Travis to Jodi, that SHE made those up while hacking on to his sites and emails and sent them to herself.
http://youtu.be/MZjAtOGdGN8
http://youtu.be/6D8M9sJVxFE

So the journals, texts and e mails will all be set aside. Whooooaaah.

In their misguided attempt to run out the clock so Juan Martinez could not cross examination their witness they accidentally had their expert read two vital entries that will help the jury KNOW she lied saying it took her two years to accept she had killed him. Their own expert proved for THIS jury, her premeditation. You just can't make this stuff up!

a) Trying to illustrate that Travis was suicidal, she said " He said he felt like going out and getting a gun and putting it to his head" This was in early June OF 2008, mere days before the murder. Clearly he had no gun or he would have said something like I feel like putting MY GUN to my head. Notes were taken by jury at this moment.

b) Trying to illustrate she was not the one who slashed all four of his expensive BMW tires, two days in a row by the way, AND LISA'S tires,and instead how loving she was towards #TravisAlexander, the expert read an expert where #Jodi Arias claims, out of concern, she offered him the use of her stun gun. If an adult man has a real gun, what on earth would a stun gun do to help him feel safe? This is not lost on the common sense of the jury.

Travis Alexander did not have a gun. First jury knew it. Now this jury hears it from Jodi Arias herself, above and beyond her "Travis only had his own two fists" reply she gave Detective Flores when she told him originally that he had no weapons.

http://youtu.be/EYNcbYVpEPU

They teach the same thing in every field , whether it be journalism, business or law. EDIT. Be mindful to make your point and move on. This is where JodiArias' lawyers fail. They go too far, drag on too long and ......inadvertent things slip out. The experts may not even realize it, but one thing is for sure in the matter of State of AZ vs. Jodi Ann Arias. Juan Martinez does not miss a beat!

It has become painfully obvious to this jury as it was to the last, the experts have become advocates and their testimony is wholly misguided, they were spoon fed and have a poor understanding of the true role of Jodi in the entire relationships. They honest to God seem to have no knowledge that Jodi has a history of cheating, manipulating men, she is no victim in ANY of the relationships. Juan will clear the fog right up.

Here is Travis' friend who was stuck listening to TA and JA argue during a long car ride, Travis was telling JODI NOT TO MOVE TO ARIZONA, etc.

http://youtu.be/0PN1ycQJy4o

Here is a coworker of Jodi detailing how she would punch out from her shift and drive five hours to AZ to go spy on / check up on Travis.

http://youtu.be/4UXhVsuzRTE

In one interview with the manager of Jodi Arias' last workplace the quote Juan had ALV read aloud is "He opined Jodi was manipulative. She used men."
Of course ALV explained that away, as it was situation only. What else is a girl to do after a murder but lie and manipulate? "I don't see a pattern here, Mr. Martinez. No. I do not." Alrighty then ALV. We are done with you and the horse you rode in on if you want us to buy THAT.

The money, the jokes, her leading the way, despite how brutally honest Travis was.....Juan will clear the fog, alright.
Travis felt so sorry for her, he offered to pay her to clean his house.
Jodi admitted the maid photo was just as joke. Someone ought to tell her experts that maid uniforms are a fantasy with men as old as Hugh Heffner. Nothing deviant about it.
He could easily have sold his BMW on Craigslist, in a day. He knew she was having a hard time even keeping her waitress job. Aware of her plight and agreed to let her buy it for very soft terms. Even those terms she could not keep and one of his texts that her expert will surely be shown on cross is Travis telling her "Get a real job and START PAYING ME BACK".
Travis may have too, but Jodi Arias borrowed money,alright, and not just from Travis. Other men have come forward as well

Paul Stern

http://youtu.be/sLUizc-cklg

detailing she borrowed money from him "Absolutely frantic to go save the relationship", NOT to go to UTAH, to go to Travis Alexander! This little gem is EVERYTHING, it debunks her entire case. With all the doors the defense opened, and hearesay being allowed in this phase oh my God do I pity this expert when Juan presses play on his 311 CDs he has cued up for cross. In the words of Bette Davis "Buckle up. It is going to be a bumpy ride friend".

Jodi Arias , as much as Travis, was dating others, while she was with every boyfriend, way before Travis entered the scene.

A woman named Gayla Lynch came on HLN to detail how Jodi cheated on Bobby and the drama caused in the workplace when it was exposed she was cheating not only with one of the managers, but at the same time, with one of the cooks.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/05/arias-former-co-worker-she-was-very-sweet

(So the everyone cheated on Jodi is just NOT the comprehensive picture. The truth is Jodi Arias cheated too. She was very manipulative and clearly has manipulated her experts as they present a very misguided description of a good girl being abused by every man in her life.)

Later, we learn she was dating Abe, telling him ( AFTER being babptized) that she was "dabbling in Mormonism. He slipped his hand on her buttock "I just was testing to see if she was wearing thong underwear. I said hmmmm....those don't feel like magic underwear ( slang for sacred under garments Mormon wear). Ah, but they have magic IN THEM she told me. She was very enthusiastic, very comfortable".

http://youtu.be/aRU4NK-7O-g

It does not require Mormons on the jury to infer that her conversion to become Mormon was very goal directed once he announced to Jodi he would ONLY marry a Mormon girl. Her experts read aloud from an interview with Daryl Brewer and his sister detailing the way she colored her hair, got breast implants, went out and bought the same model of car and even got a job in the exact same place his ex wife once worked trying to emulate her in every way. This is Cooley's looking glass at its best. She is jello to the mold of whatever she thinks the man wants her to be.

The defense trying so hard to take the sting out of what Juan would bring up, elicited so much like that. They just went too far this time.....too too far. He need not even cross the expert at all this time. The defense debunked their entire case for him already.

Travis was not leading Jodi on, the defense proved indeed Jodi Arias knew full well what the relationship had changed to, and she openly, willingly participated if not encouraged the booty call 101 playbook.
If a guy says I don't want you to be my girlfriend, I certainly don't want to marry you, even having sex makes me feel conflicted and guilty and YOU still come sneak in his house......who is zooming who?

"Could the opinions the Hughes and Travis discuss in the early emails have changed over time?" is a question jurors asked of Dr. F. She was forced to answer the obvious, " Likely. Yes." So the Hughes emails were set aside with just the one answer. Funny how that works, eh?
What the jury learned is........
Travis was very honest with her that he was no longer looking at her the way he did in the first four months, the time frame those Hughes emails were exchanged. He no longer wanted to be committed to her, indeed he was actively looking ELSEWHERE to meet a wife. According to several of his friends, including Dan Freeman , who testified, it was HE who encouraged her to move away.

Here, his dear friend Taylor Searle explains that YES, his buddies did know that he didn't love her to marry her but he was enthralled with the great sex. STILL, eventually he told her to leave and tried to say THE MEANEST things possible she would forever be done with him.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/02/friend-travis-alexander-speaks-out

"Travis introduced me to the word nympho describing Jodi to me that she was super aggressive , super addicted to sex, super sex crazed, all the time", Taylor Searle

http://youtu.be/3pYTxJsVOPY

Jodi was the one texting requesting the dirty things like  on face. sodomy.jpg

Jodi Arias rather than leave him alone , welcomed the friends with benefits and the don't ask , don't tell arrangement. It turns out she had sex with more than one ex boyfriend, after they had broke up. No new arrangement to her.

Jodi has been into kinky sex , loved braids and superhero underwear since age 16 with Bobby. We've all seen the photo of her in the braids with Bobby, in the superman t shirt. It is Jodi who likes braids, facials and rough talk, always has.jpg

So, her own experts and lawyers in their zeal have managed to make it clear, and Juan will magnify the clarity with Dr. DeMarte, that

1.) The first jury got it right, Jodi Arias has told them now in three different times, in her own words Travis DID NOT OWN A GUN, therefore, she did bring it...there was premeditation if ANYONE on this jury was left with doubt.

2.) Jodi has been lying, manipulating men, cheating since age 16 and crying victim since then too.

3.) There is much the experts have no idea of that Juan will point out to them.

4.) Jodi Arias purposely planned to have gas receipts, journal entries, emails and texts that she hoped would lead one away from her guilt. She TOLD her folks and the detective to find them. This will be obvious to the jury and NONE OF IT, absolutely none, of it can be counted on , other than in the words of the very bright Dr. Janene DeMarte, "Further evidence that Miss Arias lies".

5.) The experts have clearly and with certainty been shown to be advocating and not opining objectively. Their opinions and lengthy testimony may therefore be wholly disregarded as bought and paid for.

The jury learned this expert, Geffner's role has expanded, he is there in lieu of ALV, et al.
Alice La Violette is not in front of them testifying and one could question her veracity of WHY. Nurmi and she told the court that despite being paid by the state at $250.00 per hour, for a very long time.....she is afraid to face the public and re take the stand. Not only is she NOT AFRAID, she is giving radio interviews AND LIVE speeches in public, opining on THIS CASE and dogging out the prosecutor. Alice LaViolette is not before this jury because she was caught committing perjury, live on the stand, to the jury. Also she did something wholly outside of decency and approached the victim's sister in court, which is NOT allowed. She was completely discredited by Juan Martinez. Period.

The ironic thing is, guess who exposed ALV for doing so? JodiArias herself .
You just can't make this stuff up.

http://youtu.be/Ybqg3e3YPc8

Much like this example, her experts opining on stand , her family and supporters often say/post things that end up working against Jodi Arias. My favorite was when little brother Joey admitted that the reason she secretly taped the sex talk and tried to so hard to get him to dog out the Mormon girls is "So she could send it to future love interest of Travis" . Blackmail.
screenshot of JodiArias' brother.jpg

Someone scream for the Street Sweeper dude. Come quick, we have a fine mess in front of the courthouse steps. Juan Martinez is kicking these experts of Jodi Arias to the curb, and things are piling up out here!

Jodi Arias is no more a victim of domestic abuse, than she is Mormon, a blonde or the least bit sorry. What she is....is a
Lisa Andrews interview snippet about Jodi Arias slashing Travis' tires two nights in a row.jpg
Liar
Manipulator
Blackmailer
Obsessed Fatal Attraction
Stalker
Abuser
Murderer

With lipstick to put on a pig, for 15 minutes in the media spotlight to cap off your long career,jump start your new book, and for $250.00 an hour.......sure, everybody knows, a hired gun can see her as a victim. All day long. The only trouble is, if you keep them on the stand too long..... it is inevitable. People tell on themselves

Anyone remember during opening statements this time if the DT described the murder, especially what happened that day that caused JA to commit it? Did Nurmi replay the JA dropped his new camera, and an enraged TA attacked her scenario?

Can I ask a weird question? Does anyone think that Jodi Arias will ever get any real support like say Adnan Sayed from Serial or Damien Echols from the WM3 and in the far future raise any doubts about her conviction? I personally don't see it, but I'm just curious as I didn't follow those cases at the time of conviction and I question those verdicts. I totally get they're different, but my question is will this case and the justice for Travis Alexander hold up in the far future? (I'm thinking it will, but I just wanted to ask to see what you guys thought. Please don't get upset. )

I think there will always be a few in society who will tout on JA's behalf, mostly those against the death penalty in general and some who are what years ago were referred to as "anti-establishment" and take up causes--just because. I do not think there will be the outcry there was for the WM3 and others who had no real evidence to support their convictions. There is just such a huge amount of evidence against Arias that I don't think anyone in their right mind would waste time on trying to prove her innocent. Some might try to find fault with the system that convicted her, though, and we can probably expect to hear about such activity from time to time.

All IMO.

Just wanted to also point out that JA got up and did her robotic remorse speech on the SAME DAY that the jury had just seen the victim impact statements from Travis' siblings. Can you imagine the contrast?

I still wonder how they were able to pull that off so quickly with JSS closing the courtroom in the afternoon for the defence's very first witness or if that had already been predetermined. You'd think it would have taken JSS a few days at least to decide to do that. :waitasec:

Link to the court chatter recap page for that day... http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/10/pictures-from-day-6-in-jodi-arias.html

MOO

I forgot about that. If I were a juror, I would've been thinking "Seriously, you're making this trial all about you? Closing the courtroom for you? What makes you so damn special?"

Her words, to what the Alexanders said, they are so lacking.
2.jpg

Smdh. A real remorseful person would've been sobbing "I'm sorry, I'm sorry". You know, something real. But you guys are right, she's not capable of doing that.

Get the witch on the stand again. She's her worst enemy.

How long do you this the retrial will go on ?

JMO but it will go on and on ... and on and on, IF the defense is allowed to continue to with their unethical shenanigans and delay tactics.

And, it will go on and on ... and on and on, until JSS orders the defense to stop the games, "enough is enough," IF your witness is not available, have another witness ready, and NO more delays !

:moo:

But Kamille, seriously, she wasn't able to adapt to normal life, on the outside- just fine.

From all appearances and what we know so far, she did not surround herself with hooligans or other personality disordered people or sociopaths. She tried to blend in with more and more normal (seeming) people as she moved on (and up, IMO).

Prison, and the population it serves, will be a whole different ballgame for little miss Jodi and she aint gonna likey it- I guarantee you. No more pretty woman for JAA and that was the life she was desperately trying to grasp for, for dear life. She was willing to kill for it.

She.will.never.have.a.moment.of.joy.peace.or.happiness. I guarantee it. I totally believe when all hopes of getting out on appeal fail she will kill herself.

I did say she didn't adapt to life on the outside very well, she was floundering. She wanted things for herself but didn't know how to get them other than to use other people to do so. She knew which people she could manipulate to try to get what she wanted and she was always trading up, rather than down. She definitely knew it would be men that she could manipulate the easiest, although it seems she did a number on Sky Hughes for a while so that proves she could adapt her manipulations to the person, regardless of gender. Which she will also be able to do in prison with male and female guards and other female inmates. She may run into a few who despise her, but she seems to know how to get herself out of those situations, as seen in some of the recent motions that were ruled on. She will continue to threaten people with her "rights" until her last dying breath IMO.

JA can adapt, like a chameleon. She's been doing it her whole life. Right from the time she moved into BJ's house of cocaine and squalor and somehow managed to live another decade trading up boyfriends without really owning anything more than a car, some journals and some restaurant dishes. But she did manage to travel and have "spa" treatments, cosmetic surgery and live pretty well during that time, thanks to the generosity of others. She will make the best of her life in general population, all the while planning and scheming her appeal to get out. It's the only thing that drives her right now. She truly believes it will happen. She will do the same on death row but she will do it alone with a lot less perks.

Personally I feel sorry for any prison staff that have to deal with her so it's best to keep it to a minimum. Her manipulations will be to lie about her treatment until she has the staff under her thumb for fear of what she may say about them. I'm expecting all kinds of accusations once she gets there. I hope they consider this and make a big effort to keep male guards away from her.

MOO

I am disappointed that the Defense have been allowed to present the *advertiser censored* testimony to the jury. However, I don't think that the jurors who are leaning toward death will be influenced by it at all. If a juror is smart enough and courageous enough to consider voting for death then that same juror will have enough common-sense to realize that Travis' sexual life and Detective Flores' pen touching the keyboard are completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. They will have to weigh Travis' autopsy photos and Arias' lack of remorse against Arias' age, lack of prior criminal history and perhaps the BPD diagnosis. Will they consider the *advertiser censored* issue? No way.

I am disappointed that the Defense have been allowed to present the *advertiser censored* testimony to the jury. However, I don't think that the jurors who are leaning toward death will be influenced by it at all. If a juror is smart enough and courageous enough to consider voting for death then that same juror will have enough common-sense to realize that Travis' sexual life and Detective Flores' pen touching the keyboard are completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. They will have to weigh Travis' autopsy photos and Arias' lack of remorse against Arias' age, lack of prior criminal history and perhaps the BPD diagnosis. Will they consider the *advertiser censored* issue? No way.

In my opinion, the big issue will be: "Was Jodi Arias emotionally abused by Travis Alexander?" I think that is the big thing that will be discussed by the jurors and the big thing that JW will talk about in her closing arguments. I will be waiting to hear the "Hughes" name again.

Women are often the harshest critics of other women, so I'm not sure how many supporters she'll have from them once her case has faded from the media. There may be a few men who want to be her 'prison husband', as often happens in notorious killers' cases. Her prospects would be better for support if she were a man. There are lots of women who think they are in love with convicts. Perhaps it's the "anything to get a man" mindset some of them have.

Anyone remember during opening statements this time if the DT described the murder, especially what happened that day that caused JA to commit it? Did Nurmi replay the JA dropped his new camera, and an enraged TA attacked her scenario?

You mean did he say Dr Jekyll stepped into the shower but Mr Hyde jumped out? :crazy:

I forgot about that. If I were a juror, I would've been thinking "Seriously, you're making this trial all about you? Closing the courtroom for you? What makes you so damn special?"

Her words, to what the Alexanders said, they are so lacking.
View attachment 67557

Smdh. A real remorseful person would've been sobbing "I'm sorry, I'm sorry". You know, something real. But you guys are right, she's not capable of doing that.

Get the witch on the stand again. She's her worst enemy.

You know what cracks me up about that? JW's argument that they can introduce anything they want no matter how irrelevant because "It's mitigation."

Well I guess she's right, at least in this case, since that covers about 95% of what we've seen these past three months. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member