Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible. Stuff like this really makes me think there should be some kind of DNA bank. Take it from their umbilical cord at birth. Of course the reason we don't have a DNA bank is those "civil liberties" people keep fighting against it.

It is a complicated relationship.
The DNA data banks would give the power of genocide ( at the most extreme)if it was ever used the wrong way .

The problem is that if you commit murder, and have the sense to stay out of trouble/notice afterwards, your DNA is not on file. There should be a way to prevent murderers from escaping justice like that.

It is a complicated relationship.
The DNA data banks would give the power of genocide ( at the most extreme)if it was ever used the wrong way .

Not to mention the potential for abuse by insurance companies and other corporate interests

Not to mention the potential for abuse by insurance companies and other corporate interests

Right. Not covering people , not paying for certain treatments or basing your cost on your DNA reveal genetic markers. I think the civil liberty comment got to me a bit. LOL.

but if we had a DNA bank, we would have Princess Doe's killer by now.

Moving back on subject, there seems to be a new bit of information on the Princess' NAMUS page. Under "medical", the characteristic of "inverted nipples" is now listed. This was not there before. Interesting that this would be released 33 years later.

UPDATE: Amy is most likely not Princess Doe. The admin for a Facebook page devoted to Grateful Doe says that they contacted NAMUS in October 2012, and NAMUS says that the dentals are "drastically" different.

"Amy had four missing teeth with healed sockets, and Princess Doe had teeth in those sockets. Amy being under 18 when she went missing, he said it is a NCMEC case, and it will be up to them if they pursue it which would get Amy on the exclusion list."

Sorry everyone.

I know that it's suspected that the Princess was a sex worker, but the clothes she was wearing do not suggest that. nor does her cross necklace.

any news on the proposal to move Princess Doe to Arlington National Cemetery?

What about Kathleen Kelly? She was just added to Charley Project and bears a striking resemblance to one of the reconstructions. She also had a gold cross necklace. Not a lot of info to go on though...

I just ran across her today and thought the same thing.

She looks very possible.

At 5'2" and 100 lbs, she's an exact match on size. Brown hair matches, and with a year between her missing date and the date Princess died, her hair could easily grow to shoulder length. She's a year younger. Facially she looks possible.

It's around 5 hours from Springdale PA to Blairstown, by main roads. Easy to get to via hitching rides.

Attachments

• kathleen kelly and princess doe.png
    kathleen kelly and princess doe.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 240
Thank-you for doing the facial comparison, carbuff. The reconstruction on the left is the one I was talking about; the cheekbones are spot-on! I wish we knew more about the circumstances of her disappearance.

I don't say this much but I think that is worth a call in. Does someone here have a relationship with that detective? Somehow I thought there was a person who had been in touch with them before.

I would submit the tip to princessdoe.org, but that site doesn't seem to be updated any more, so I don't know if that's a good idea. I tried searching for more info on this girl but found NOTHING, save for the same info on a few different missing persons sites. I am a member of several ancestry sites and plugged her name in, but it is a VERY common name, and with no birth date, no birth place and no parents names the search went nowhere. All KKs I found that resided in PA in the early 1980's had records of their existence well after 1981.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419