Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! So happy she has been identified. This was the last of my pet cases.

Also Oleynik is Ukrainian not polish. Like Ukrainian-american actress Larisa Oleynik

Her surname sounds Polish. It could've been something along the lines of Olanicki at first, but because this kind of a surname ends in -ki for men and -ka for women, it might've been shortened to just Olanick to avoid the confusion or something.

Maybe a ancestor of hers brought that surname into America from Germany(probably Prussia.since one stat that I can't find now said that most German immigrants came from Prussia.another stat said that 80% of Prussians were Germanized Poles but that could be a sensationalized statistic)

The surname might be Sorbian or Polabian(Polabian people haven't existed as a collective group for nearly 1000 years so highly unlikely).most Ukrainians in the diaspora are Western Ukrainians.western Ukraine belonged to the Polish Lithuanian commonwealth at one point so the Ukrainian American actress might have Polish,Lechitic of West Slavic roots in general and might not know it.hey some Czech origin folks also went to Western Ukraine during hapsburg rule

expats.cz/czech-news/article/evacuation-is-just-the-latest-tragic-chapter-for-volhynian-czechs

Yes! So happy she has been identified. This was the last of my pet cases.

Also Oleynik is Ukrainian not polish. Like Ukrainian-american actress Larisa Oleynik
well New York does have the largest concentration of Ukrainian Americans and Dawn was from New York

I thought Dawn was one of those German American folks with distant Slavic Ancestry like Phillip Seymour Hoffman(allegedly since I don't think ethnicelebs is a reliable source)

.Arnold Schwarzenegger who is a American citizen is apparently of partial Czech roots but I will take that with a grain of salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong