Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to separate the sarcasm from the facts in that post but it did raise something that I wonder if it is true: the writer said s/he was shocked LKN didn't ask for a mistrial right then and there when JM said the name of the witness, but not to worry, LKN filed a motion for mistrial on that basis immediately after court ended for the day.

Is that true or was that a joke? Anyone know?

Haven't read the article but I haven't seen anything posted so I'm assuming joke? But tbf I would not put it past him

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-24&p=11415730#post11415730 ... hindsight2020's post at end of last thread

"And That's When the Pitbull Slipped His Collar"

Rated R for language but A+++ for hilarity imo: http://reallybigmeandog.com/2015/01/22/and-thats-when-the-pitbull-slipped-his-collar/

OH, you have to LOVE this! Even with the bad language......the part at the end about everyone standing, facing Arizona, and applauding Juan Martinez!

It's hard to separate the sarcasm from the facts in that post but it did raise something that I wonder if it is true: the writer said s/he was shocked LKN didn't ask for a mistrial right then and there when JM said the name of the witness, but not to worry, LKN filed a motion for mistrial on that basis immediately after court ended for the day.

I said toward the end of the overnight thread that I expect the defense focus this morning will be on taking the trial secret because Juan's blatant and intentional misconduct has risked the lives of the other witnesses when he pulls the same stunt to expose them.

Or something like that.

The cynic in me says that the DT will try to pull another whole round of the same shenanigans that wasted nearly two months.

Good Morning! I'm lost.... who is MM?

I wonder the same, why would JM say that there was *advertiser censored* on the bishop's computer when that is all hearsay to begin with?

Good morning!

Bringing over Hope4More's post:

"Thinking over yesterday some more.

Maybe I missed a big ole point, but I wonder why JM said that there WAS child *advertiser censored* on the bishop's computer? Why go there? We all cheered at MM's smackdown, but he was thoroughly shredded without JM putting child *advertiser censored* on him.

What am I missing? Why give the jury room to wonder why child *advertiser censored* keeps popping up in reference to Travis?"

I may have misread things yesterday, but didn't MM out himself? If you're asking why JM would even bother showing that 'correction' letter (as MM's credibility was already toast), maybe it was just to show that the DT is willing to bring affidavits in front of the jury that they already know have been taken back by the giver?

Bringing over from last thread..I was catching up and almost missed this...

Did Juan get this out of Geff yesterday, b/c thought the affidavid stated it (the *advertiser censored*) was in a folder marked Travis Alexander???

BK notes were clearer than the tweets about what MM said in his affadivit about where he supposedly found the *advertiser censored*. A lot of posters yesterday went running with the misconception that MM said he found the *advertiser censored* in a folder specifically marked as TA's.

Ok, I think I know. It's one of the witnesses right?

I wonder the same, why would JM say that there was *advertiser censored* on the bishop's computer when that is all hearsay to begin with?

I think it was a joke, but highly likely. It was beyond fortunate, perhaps even providential imo, that on the same day that JM had "name trouble" the very experienced hired gun Dr. Geffner referred to "Jodi Alexander" at least twice.

I think he did indeed file one after court.

How could it possibly be a mistrial? Mark's testimony was read out to the jury. His life is not in danger (in fact, he seems to be the dangerous one) but even if it were how would that affect Arias and life versus death? Yes, it was a court order to keep his name sealed but revealing his name to the world didn't change anything. The jury still got to hear his idiotic testimony.

I bet Arias is furiously writing him a letter "You ****e! up. Must talk ASAP." :laughing: :laughing:

Good morning, 'Sleuths!
Before things get going, I just want to pop in and say a very sincere "Thank You" to all of you who are posting here. I read everybody's posts, most of which are very informative, enlightening, and often entertaining.

Thanks to those who pass along the tweets from the courtroom, to those who post links to useful information, and to those who share their legal expertise.

I seldom contribute anything because I am sort of shy, but you have helped me shape my opinions and conclusions.

I will be sitting in the cyber cheering section today, following the play-by-play, and ecouraging all of you to continue your much-appreciated contributions.

BBM - Jump in any time! You'd be surprised how often someone tosses out an idea that makes the rest of us go, "SMAAACK! I coulda had a V-8!" oops I mean "Why didn't I think of that?" And then we run with it like we'd all dreamed it up because it was so obvious once someone pointed it out.

It can be confusing because often it means Matt McCartney but it this case it means Mark McGee. IIRC the former MM is the one who had the forged pedo letters. The latter one is the pedo hiding in New Zealand.

These secret stories by individuals that want to be kept anonymous is total bs. They are scared someone will recognize them and hear what they said and offer a different explanation for what took place. All this secrecy hinders fact and truth finding and for the life of me I don't understand why its being allowed. Atleast say their damn names in court.

Good morning!

Bringing over Hope4More's post:

"Thinking over yesterday some more.

Maybe I missed a big ole point, but I wonder why JM said that there WAS child *advertiser censored* on the bishop's computer? Why go there? We all cheered at MM's smackdown, but he was thoroughly shredded without JM putting child *advertiser censored* on him.

What am I missing? Why give the jury room to wonder why child *advertiser censored* keeps popping up in reference to Travis?"

I may have misread things yesterday, but didn't MM out himself? If you're asking why JM would even bother showing that 'correction' letter (as MM's credibility was already toast), maybe it was just to show that the DT is willing to bring affidavits in front of the jury that they already know have been taken back by the giver?

MM didn't out himself about *advertiser censored*.

My point is JM destroyed MM's credibility (and Dr. G's , as least as it related to MM's allegations) by producing the 3 pages of notes that contradicted crucial parts of MM's affadavit. The very last minute correction of dates went towards that deconstruction of MM as well.

So why say there was *advertiser censored* there at all? Why not insinuate that MM made up the whole story? MM describes the *advertiser censored* in detail. Playing devils advocate, a story could be spun he remembered it well because it shocked him so much. And lying to the bishop? Because he took pity on Travis after hearing that he was sexually abused as a child.

Why leave even the tiniest shred of doubt in jurors' mind about Travis and child *advertiser censored*? Saying that there was child *advertiser censored* on the computer leaves the DT the opening to keep asserting it belonged to Travis. I just don't get why JM would give the DT that.

Good morning
I am posting both sites, mainly because they BOTH mention the same person's name. Interesting

https://www.facebook.com/BestNewsSi...2.1073741830.372063369565525/594230300682163/
This facebook page is dated Oct. 7 So everyone knew Marc McGee was a witness BEFORE he became "secret" witness #1

#jodiarias attempts to manipulate via letter

Transcribed from bottom twitter pic's on bottom of page (I'm too dumb to attempt to put pictures on here) :smile:

page 1
hi lisa 1/5/2015
im sorry this took so long. let me thank you for the kindness you’ve shown my family, Maria and me. Thank you for your support. Im sorry I dont write more often but thats the case with pretty much everyone, so i promise its not just you. Im buried in mail over here and with trial its impossible to respond to all of it.
On facebook, Im going to be completely upfront so you understand my position. Except for a few points (some which, I admit, are not verified), I have no qualms with welcoming you into my group. Let me share the unverified points first and (I would really like to hear your thoughts on this too, btw).
A certain “supporter” whos name I won’t mention and whom I no longer associate with, informed me that it was you who was leaking screenshots of closed “supporter” groups to “hater” groups ( for lack of a better term). Last year, you may remember, there were constant leaks. While I never have anything posted or put anything on paper, for that matter, without considering that it may very well end up in a very public domain. These “leaks” nevertheless caused the haters to froth and caused unnecessary drama. The “supporter” who shared this information with me also said you have 12 different aliases and used them to associate with those who wish me death and to make my haters appear more numerous. Now, this doesn’t mean that i believe what this person told me. Its just info that i filed away in my brain. Im not saying its true or isn’t true b/c i don’t know one way or the other. I have noticed, though, that so far absolutely no leaks have occurred with my group, and you were in that temporary closed group a few weeks ago when my letter explaining the Jason/Lisa/Facebook fiasco was posted and that letter was leaked. I realize this all could be coincidence. However, if you were to respond, “yeah it was me who leaked that stuff. Here’s why....” then I would fully respect (and appreciate) your honesty and wouldn’t think any differently of you. And if you didn’t, you didn’t.

Page 2
It’s hard to say if the leaks are even malicious w/o knowing who did it and what the motive was. And again, Im not saying it was you, Im only saying it could be you (it could be anybody). As for the aliases, no biggie. Lots of ppl use aliases. But if all or most of your aliases are “haters”, then would I have to ask “why?” Coco Elsie seems kind of neutral. The third point is that Coco Elcie makes some of my supporters uncomfortable b/c they know she/you are more middle - of - the - road whereas their waaay over in my camp, pretty deeply embedded. They’re uncomfy that you believe Im guilty and uncomfy that your friends w/haters. I dont know who exactly, but some people would leave my group if Coco joined. (this info is from a far more reliable source than the other.) Let me say that your belief in my guilt is not a deal - breaker. However, the group is intended for people who support me 100%, more specifically those who believe that Ive been wrongfully convicted and am innocent of what I was charged with and was overcharged to begin with. Those are the things everyone in my group has in common.
So if I added you, I would be adding someone who: (1) doesn’t share that common ground with the rest of the group members, (2) would make the other members “only a few” uncomfortable, some to the point that they would leave, (3) might (or might not 10%) leak screen shots to the haters (that hurts my family), (4) is friends with people who hope I get executed. So you can see how I’m torn here.
With that said, I would consider adding you under a new alias (like a fresh start) if you would agree not to leak anything to anyone outside the group. Your identity would stay between you and me (unless you would be ok with w/Anna Scott knowing; if not, it would stay strictly between us). Im also open to any suggestions you might have that address/resolve these concerns.

Please know that I really am grateful for all the ways you’ve shown support to my family and me. I appreciate that you think my life is worth salvaging. Those details don’t go unnoticed.

page 3
One other thing that I just thought of the group is admind by Pandora and Anna Scott, who are both close with SJ (SJ is not in the group). The group is very “pro-jodi”. From what I understand, so there may be elements in it that are similar to the ones that turned you off of JAII, (i.e. anti-alexander comments, etc). I dont think there has been much of that, but I remember that you didn’t want to see that kind of stuff, so if it creeps up you may not like it
let me know, my friend
<3 Jodi Arias

https://twitter.com/HDoggCos/status/557997227730563073/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B75nhYdIEAAn_3m.jpg

How could it possibly be a mistrial? Mark's testimony was read out to the jury. His life is not in danger (in fact, he seems to be the dangerous one) but even if it were how would that affect Arias and life versus death? Yes, it was a court order to keep his name sealed but revealing his name to the world didn't change anything. The jury still got to hear his idiotic testimony.

_------------------------
The chance to file another mistrial motion, no matter how ridiculous or pointless, was no doubt just about the only bright spot in Nurmi's day yesterday. :D

MM didn't out himself about *advertiser censored*.

My point is JM destroyed MM's credibility (and Dr. G's , as least as it related to MM's allegations) by producing the 3 pages of notes that contradicted crucial parts of MM's affadavit. The very last minute correction of dates went towards that deconstruction of MM as well.

So why say there was *advertiser censored* there at all? Why not insinuate that MM made up the whole story? MM describes the *advertiser censored* in detail. Playing devils advocate, a story could be spun he remembered it well because it shocked him so much. And lying to the bishop? Because he took pity on Travis after hearing that he was sexually abused as a child.

Why leave even the tiniest shred of doubt in jurors' mind about Travis and child *advertiser censored*? Saying that there was child *advertiser censored* on the computer leaves the DT the opening to keep asserting it belonged to Travis. I just don't get why JM would give the DT that.

I thought Marc McGee said he lied to the bishop because he was afraid he'd get in trouble. Also, can the defense even spin a new story unless it stems from MM? He'd have to send a new affidavit in right, which would be weird and probably stupid since that would be version number 3 or 4.

I'm not very concerned.

I suggest we not use MMc's full name here. Or maybe I'm paranoid about the DT reading here and getting ammo.

I suggest we not use MMc's full name here. Or maybe I'm paranoid about the DT reading here and getting ammo.

We used his full name a long time ago, way back in October I posted his full name and the screenshots of his public social media posts. He posted it so it's fair game. So, if the DT is reading here, know that the anonymity didn't fool anyone so you can stop crying about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2