Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen just tweeted same

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
My guess is Det Smith is getting interviewed tomorrow morning and funeral for Flores son on Thurs #jodiarias

My Dad had a trial called for a day because of a funeral. The court reporter was killed by a drunk driver and they took Friday off and both sides attended. It was very sad because she was a very sweet lady.

If she denied it with the defense attorneys, it is most likely because it was embarrassing for her to admit. BUT when she was on the stand, she took it very seriously because she was UNDER OATH. She takes her faith very seriously, and I'm sure this was very hard to admit on the stand. She is not the one on trial here, and to have her "private" life shared with the world has got to be devastating.

I would guess that the people watching the trial do not look down on DR for having sex. Her church did and she was disciplined for her transgression but I do not think the general public thinks less of her. IMO, she should have not lied in the first place. It looks like it is causing problems for her now.

As soon as I heard them make that insinuation I knew it must have been taken out of context. And it really was. Deanna should just answer the question and say yes I said this but you didn't ask me if I ever had sex with Travis. This is a different question.

I would really like to hear the recording now.

I saw a few comments earlier today about JA not having girlfriends, and I'd like to chuck my cents in.

I think she feels threatened by women. Certainly because of competition, but I think the primary reason is exposure.

Jodi is antisocial, and really, when you boil it all down, she has little to offer, in most situations. She has to rely on what she's got to make it in the world (whoops! What she HAD). What she had was sex appeal. She had to use that on men to get what she needed, and sooner or later, a woman friend is bound to suss that out. You can bet on it. Not only would she not be able to manipulate women, heterosexual women at least, she probably couldn't keep them for long. With all due respect to men, they are easily blinded by a womans charms, women would see her clearly. They could potentially out her, if they felt her behavior was extreme enough to warrant it.

I would think that she probably tried girlfriends when she was younger, and then later realized they held no value, that the risk of exposure publicly or just within the relationship wasn't worth it and kept them at arms reach.

Bonus! She can now lament about all the women that are jealous of her.

My Dad had a trial called for a day because of a funeral. The court reporter was killed by a drunk driver and they took Friday off and both sides attended. It was very sad because she was a very sweet lady.

That is terrible. So sad.

I still can't see them doing that.

Well if JM is unavailable for court because he is scheduled off that day for the death of a close friend's child, that would be considered a "scheduling" issue I'm sure.

MOO

I'm talking about the full header that shows detailed path through all servers, not the basic one that we always see. Was that tweeted?

I think they have that email photo over in sidebar. But now that I read your question again, it's probably not what you are asking about.

I would guess that the people watching the trial do not look down on DR for having sex. Her church did and she was disciplined for her transgression but I do not think the general public thinks less of her. IMO, she should have not lied in the first place. It looks like it is causing problems for her now.

She didn't lie about anything.

She didn't lie.

It's okay for the defence witnesses to be rude to JM - JSS never wanted to reprimand them in front of the jury. Different rules for State witnesses?

Evidently, it's up to Juan to do Sherrys job....he has to whine and ask for sidebars and whine some more before Sherry is able to wake up and tell a witness to stop calling names, answer question, etc. :facepalm:

Was Wilmcott getting real loud and nasty whining?

Trying to understand how loud and obnoxious she came across to the jury.

IMO high pitched, snarky, peppering her with leading questions rapidly with volume on loud. Badgering and amped up.

I suspect it is semantics. If they asked if she knew of any "other" women Travis was having sex with she may have been quite honest in her answer of NO. Because she was thinking of OTHER women, not herself.

Exactly. If the DT was questioning me about Travis having other sex partners, I would immediately think they were asking if I was familiar with other people beside myself. Thinking that they knew of someone that was sleeping with him that I also knew and would get very upset about.

I bet it was something just like that and she answered honestly and didnt think the question pertained to her having sex but if she knew of anybody else Travis was having sex with.

FYI MDLR wearing killer leopard slings.. Shoe lust.

Courtesy of the Arizona taxpayers. If you're from Arizona maybe you can ask her if you can borrow the shoes you helped pay for. :giggle:

IMO high pitched, snarky, peppering her with leading questions rapidly with volume on loud. Badgering and amped up.

Thank you so much for answering and this helps us picture what it must have been like. Oh Boy....you picked a great day to be there.

We are all jealous we couldnt be there with you today to witness this.
A great day for the prosecution. :)

Evidently, it's up to Juan to do Sherrys job....he has to whine and ask for sidebars and whine some more before Sherry is able to wake up and tell a witness to stop calling names, answer question, etc. :facepalm:

But Juan doesn't object when their witnesses are being rude, he objects when it's proper to object, not when his widdle feelings are hurt. Why reprimand?

I don't think the jury will like this. All the ugliness from the defense team's witnesses and then a sweetie like Deanna comes up and get attacked with JW acting like a rabid dog. All for the benefit of an unlikeable, convicted, lying, narcissistic, promiscuous, manipulative, Einstein-y, three-hole wonder murderer with no remorse. Okay, then!

Exactly. If the DT was questioning me about Travis having other sex partners, I would immediately think they were asking if I was familiar with other people beside myself. Thinking that they knew of someone that was sleeping with him that I also knew and would get very upset about.

I bet it was something just like that and she answered honestly and didnt think the question pertained to her having sex but if she knew of anybody else Travis was having sex with.

Make no mistake- this underhanded defense team worded it intentionally misleading- for that very reason. So they could twist it. This is the same defense team (IIRC) that lied and told the Hughes they had absolute proof- evidence that Travis was a pedophile. They are lying, manipulating cheaters just like their client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod