Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was concern in today's trial thread about this juror question:

Juror: "Do you feel that the knowledge of a sexual assault is as damaging as having a memory of it? Memory supports symptoms of intrusive thoughts." De: " It wouldn't be PTSD without memory".

I took this to refer to Jodi saying she was told she was sexually assaulted when she was young, but she doesn't remember. So when DM says memory is required for PTSD, you'd have to conclude that JA does not have PTSD from this event.

This sounds so familiar to any of us who have ever watched a Lifetime movie. It would seem that pop culture/entertainment has inured us into believing that long suppressed traumas can come to life years later. Pretty much junk psycho stuff, but if enough people believe it, well?

There was concern in today's trial thread about this juror question:

Juror: "Do you feel that the knowledge of a sexual assault is as damaging as having a memory of it? Memory supports symptoms of intrusive thoughts." De: " It wouldn't be PTSD without memory".

I took this to refer to Jodi saying she was told she was sexually assaulted when she was young, but she doesn't remember. So when DM says memory is required for PTSD, you'd have to conclude that JA does not have PTSD from this event.

Remember in the guilt phase when it was revealed Dr. Samuels didn't retest the murderess after he found out the Ninja story was a lie? Dr. D then explained how different trauma would be based on the actual event, and she then made the comparison between a tiger attack and a bear attack?

That's what this question reminded me of.

BK had no news on why the jurors were being questioned this afternoon. She does think the trial will conclude as far as evidence and summations within three weeks

BK had no news on why the jurors were being questioned this afternoon. She does think the trial will conclude as far as evidence and summations within three weeks

She's such a dreamer....lol

Why would the jurors be asked that? I would think in the asking JSS would be telling, and can't see why she would bring it to their attention.

And so what anyway if they've heard.

Well, it's a horse of a different color if the Judge in a trial tells the jury about something and if they hear it from another source. Another source could imply talking about the trial outside of court which is grounds for dismissal or mistrial, depending on the circumstances. Sheesh, I hope nobody heard it casually on one of the many court room "dark days" in an innocent way like "hey, did you hear that poor detective on the JA case had a horrible tragedy happen. So sad" Who knows, we will be guessing until...........well, until.

And that's relative how?

IDK, this person replied to a tweet as to why the jurors were were one on one with JSS.

It was mentioned that they wanted to make sure the jurors did not "feel sorry for him".

In hindsight, now that I think about it, I highly doubt it has anything to do with it.

I'm having trouble following the BPD stuff.

If you have BPD do you intentionally do this manipulative stuff or do you think that what you're doing is normal.

An example would be: Did JA think ALL people have the right to check their significant others SM accounts if they thought they were being cheated on?

From the beginning I have thought that JA truly believed that if a jury heard just how much TA "put her through" they would totally understand why she killed him.

I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, but with BPD do they know they are being manipulative and don't care as long as it gets them what they want, or do they not realize what they're doing and just think everyone manipulates like that?

TIA...hope I made sense.

Regarding this juror question:

"17. How does dissociation play into BPD? It's a technique to distance oneself from an environment that is anxiety-provoking. One of the symptoms of BPD is dissociation and paranoia."

It sounds as though this juror watched the first trial. Has dissociation even been discussed in this trial?

I haven't read any mention of The Fog this time. Hmm.

IDK, this person replied to a tweet as to why the jurors were were one on one with JSS.

It was mentioned that they wanted to make sure the jurors did not "feel sorry for him".

In hindsight, now that I think about it, I highly doubt it has anything to do with it.

Probably not. It makes zero sense judge would question them individually just for that.

I think Dr. Geffner did speak a little bit about dissociation.

The delay sounds like it must have been JW who has an emergency, a week and a half or for this Monday-Thursday trial, might as well say can you stay until March or April. Delayed until next Wed. sounds like something serious. The earlier tweet about JA patting JW on the back and the Oh my gosh statement (or whatever) didn't sound like good news but you never know with this side. One tweet said Nurmi & JW were in the hallway texting on their cell phones. JSS must have asked the jurors if they asked an improper question &/or possibly reading outside of court or if they can you stay longer than they previously discussed...any number of things. Did JA flirt with you? lol

JMO, I think it's an emergency for JW.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 7h7 hours ago  Phoenix, AZ
No trial tomorrow/ returns Wed 9:30am MST
Judge wants to talk to each juror individually back in chambers #jodiarias #3tvarias

If you have BPD do you intentionally do this manipulative stuff or do you think that what you're doing is normal.

An example would be: Did JA think ALL people have the right to check their significant others SM accounts if they thought they were being cheated on?

From the beginning I have thought that JA truly believed that if a jury heard just how much TA "put her through" they would totally understand why she killed him.

I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, but with BPD do they know they are being manipulative and don't care as long as it gets them what they want, or do they not realize what they're doing and just think everyone manipulates like that?

TIA...hope I made sense.

I don't know about BPD, but JA is not so crazy that she doesn't know what she's doing when she's being manipulative. She knows she's lying about pedophilia and abuse and Ninjas and suicide and how sorry she is that she never made it to AZ on her trip to UT. She is crazy enough to think that these stupid lies are believable at all. Maybe she really thinks she's a brilliant con artist, I don't know.

Maybe one of the jurors wrote something inappropriate or troubling for the question box instead of a question?
Yes, this is what I tend to think as I stated earlier or that maybe the state got wind of her "stinky" eye to a juror last Wed and Thursday am as the jury was entering. ;)

So, how can Jodi have PTSD if she lied about the murder and the events surrounding it? Also, if someone has PTSD they would not want back to the trigger. Jodi did want to go to Travis' house during the memorial. That is not PTSD, IMO.

For example, I was a in bad motorbike accident overseas and to this I despise motorbikes and actually got all shaky and nervous the other day when a friend was talking about buying one in the Spring.

TIA...hope I made sense.

I know what you mean, but I think manipulation and narcissism are beasts of their own, and I don't think they can bring that up because it mischaracterizes her.

Alot of people suffer BPD, heck, some say Marilyn Monroe had BPD.

Anyone happen to have a link to the newest "motion for mistrial"? TIA

TIA...hope I made sense.
In my experience people with BPD know they're being manipulative and that some if their actions aren't what others would consider okay or normal. They justify their manipulation with things others have done to them that they perceive as abusive, dismissive, mean, etc. I've also seen s BPD person play dumb about things I know they know. It's a PD that describes behavior that is anormally manipulative and aimed at maintaining certain conditions (i.e. avoid abandonment) for the person with yhe PD. They know their behavior isn't appropriate, but they have reasons why it's okay this time for them.

In my experience people with BPD know they're being manipulative and that some if their actions aren't what others would consider okay or normal. They justify their manipulation with things others have done to them that they perceive as abusive, dismissive, mean, etc. I've also seen s BPD person play dumb about things I know they know. It's a PD that describes behavior that is anormally manipulative and aimed at maintaining certain conditions (i.e. avoid abandonment) for the person with yhe PD. They know their behavior isn't appropriate, but they have reasons why it's okay this time for them.

True. I believe someone with BPD may use manipulation tactics if they feel perceived abandonment.

Thanks so much. This really helps. I hope the jury is aware of this because for me it makes a world of difference.

Anyone happen to have a link to the newest "motion for mistrial"? TIA

It's on court chatter. I'll find a link.

OOPS!

The copy I saw said court chatter but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA