Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
She says she doesn't know what will get them going...how about a lawsuit?

I feel so badly for Elaine and I'm concerned that LE has not stepped up their efforts to maintain contact with her.
Frankly, I think she has been ill used by a system which will ignore a mother's concerns about her child (not taking her seriously from the start, saying Dylan was a runaway), the safety of her family (refusing to grant her a restraining order, not keeping track of MR) and ignoring the rights of a victim's surrogate to be kept informed by LE of information concerning the case.
From the article, I got the impression that with new people in high LE positions, the case has lost momentum, motivation to solve the case has been lost.
Hopefully, I'm wrong and LE will come through soon.

I feel so badly for Elaine and I'm concerned that LE has not stepped up their efforts to maintain contact with her.
Frankly, I think she has been ill used by a system which will ignore a mother's concerns about her child (not taking her seriously from the start, saying Dylan was a runaway), the safety of her family (refusing to grant her a restraining order, not keeping track of MR) and ignoring the rights of a victim's surrogate to be kept informed by LE of information concerning the case.
From the article, I got the impression that with new people in high LE positions, the case has lost momentum, motivation to solve the case has been lost.
Hopefully, I'm wrong and LE will come through soon.

How can you lose momentum when it comes to the murder of a child? It staggers the imagination. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. It is just so disheartening. I really thought the LE assigned to this case cared and would bring the perpetrator to justice. So sad.

It seems somehow tied to a political shift--new people in charge, new priorities--within LE.

I got the impression that Elaine is very worried about her older son's young family, that if MR goes off LE's radar, they may be in danger.

It seems somehow tied to a political shift--new people in charge, new priorities--within LE.

I got the impression that Elaine is very worried about her older son's young family, that if MR goes off LE's radar, they may be in danger.

That ^^ worries me as well. :cry:

IMO Elaine and her whole family are in danger. I cannot imagine why she wasn't able to get a restraining order. Maybe she needs to file a lawsuit.

I've wondered recently if an episode by Cold Justice would be helpful in moving this along.

I'm so glad that Elaine is not going away quietly. Though I think that LE does care (or at least most do), and I think they've just been waiting for more evidence to turn up, they should at least be in contact with the family to let them know they're not forgotten.

I think the best bet is to pray the perp, whoever that perp may be, makes an epic mistake !

IMO Elaine and her whole family are in danger. I cannot imagine why she wasn't able to get a restraining order. Maybe she needs to file a lawsuit.

Although, restraining orders are somewhat useless, in my opinion.

Maybe Tricia could do an update on one of her True Crime programs. I'd really like to hear what Sherry from the Cold Case Institute thinks is going on. She seems to have really good instincts as well as a solid background re LE procedures, etc.

I hope there is more going on behind the scenes than what we are seeing.... I still think about you every day Dylan. Every time I look at my daughter I think of you too, I was at the end of my pregnancy when you went missing so I was hoping by my next baby that we would have justice for you but that is not looking likely :( We will never give up on you.

I hope there is more going on behind the scenes than what we are seeing.... I still think about you every day Dylan. Every time I look at my daughter I think of you too, I was at the end of my pregnancy when you went missing so I was hoping by my next baby that we would have justice for you but that is not looking likely :( We will never give up on you.

:grouphug:

I don't know where to post this; I didn't see an open general discussion thread.

Has anyone ever thought about the possibility of this guy being involved in Dylan's murder:

http://cortezjournal.com/apps/pbcs....0521/NEWS01/140529941/0/Politics02/Ex-sheriff
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...puty-charged-with-child-*advertiser censored*

He was a sheriff's deputy the time of Dylan's disappearance. He was arrested on child *advertiser censored* on April 9, 2013. He plead guilty and was given 5 yrs probation and had to register as a sex offender.

In addition to possessing child *advertiser censored*, Sutter was suspected of engaging in inappropriate behavior with minors.

The only charge Sutter admitted guilt to in the plea agreement is attempted unlawful sexual contact, a second-degree misdemeanor.

He lives in Bayfield, the town where Dylan lived before his family moved to Monument. Vallecito Lake is under sheriff's jurisdiction. If Dylan were walking and hitchhiking and a sheriff offered him a ride, he would probably accepted the ride.

I don't know where to post this; I didn't see an open general discussion thread.

Has anyone ever thought about the possibility of this guy being involved in Dylan's murder:

http://cortezjournal.com/apps/pbcs....0521/NEWS01/140529941/0/Politics02/Ex-sheriff
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...puty-charged-with-child-*advertiser censored*

He was a sheriff's deputy the time of Dylan's disappearance. He was arrested on child *advertiser censored* on April 9, 2013. He plead guilty and was given 5 yrs probation and had to register as a sex offender.

He lives in Bayfield, the town where Dylan lived before his family moved to Monument. Vallecito Lake is under sheriff's jurisdiction. If Dylan were walking and hitchhiking and a sheriff offered him a ride, he would probably accepted the ride.

We've been all through that..............Why would Dylan be walking and hitch hiking? he had access to a phone. He wasn't dressed for the weather.

Hi!
We've been all through that..............Why would Dylan be walking and hitch hiking? he had access to a phone. He wasn't dressed for the weather.

Concerning Dylan not being dressed for the weather, everyone around here (I live in Durango) remembers how warm it was that year for thanksgiving break. I was wearing shorts/ t shirts and my neighbors were still kayaking everyday. So there really is no issue about Dylan being not dressed for the weather. Maybe he went out for a walk because he missed his ride to town...he could have been bored, home alone and all that. The fabulous weather would have made that more of a possibility.

Concerning the hitchhiking, it is VERY common for people to hitch hike around here. Then there is the phone, yes. I know reception is really spotty up there; certain providers will not even work. Verizon is the most dependable around here. AT&T doesn't work well either. Does anyone know what cell phone service Dylan used? Seriously, cell phone service CAN be an issue up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa