Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, it kind of sounds like they could be withdrawing support? Reuters says removed from vent, then there is talk of getting her out of the medically induced coma? Maybe they have decided to let nature take its course? (Moo speculation: maybe from the potential infection (complication) from the breathing tube being in there too long?)

Infection-- remove vent-- withdraw coma medicines-- let infection overcome her?

ETA: Nick "desperate" to see her? This could all fit with a let nature take its course scenario.

Maybe BB's wife went back home to get funeral clothes, tie up some loose ends, etc...

Based on the varying times indicated in today's news releases, I'm convinced that we are on a 36/48-hour delay and are just now learning about what has taken place over the past couple of days. Something going on, for sure. :moo:

Bobbi Kristina Brown Breathing Tube Removed As Doctors Perform Tracheotomy

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 @ 6:56AM

The future – sadly – looks bleak for Bobbi Kristina Brown.

In the latest and most dramatic development of her medical crisis, RadarOnline.com has learned that doctors removed the breathing tube from her mouth on Tuesday and performed a tracheotomy, which opened a direct airway into Whitney Houston‘s daughter’s trachea — but may prevent her from speaking ever again...

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/02/bobbi-kristina-brown-breathing-tube-removed-tracheotomy/

The thing about this is... As KZ posted last night... They waited too long to do the trach. They were outside the standard days of putting an icu patient who is ventilator dependent on a trach. Its usually no more than 21 days. How many days has it been from when she first went in until Tuesday? Some sources say it was an emergency procedure.

I'm really thinking she has an infection from the breathing tube.

Based on the varying times indicated in today's news releases, I'm convinced that we are on a 36/48-hour delay and are just now learning about what has taken place over the past couple of days. Something going on, for sure. :moo:

:moo: too definitely something going on

Answering my own question: looks like she was on breathing tube 17 days. 21 days isn't written in stone, and generally speaking the sooner the better. 17 days is kinda pushing it...

The vent will be removed and may be put back. I know that long term vents cause their own problems.
I think that basically this is a lets see what is going on event. It could be that even if she would code, or be in distress Bobby would want her revived again. We just don't know where he is.

They would have to have been doing vent weaning over the last few days IF she is breathing on her own. You can't just take the vent off someone. Its a long and sometimes tedious and exhausting process for the patient. It usually takes a few tries, and that is for someone in pretty good health. (And it conflicts with the reports that she is still in a medically induced coma)...

They would have to have been doing vent weaning over the last few days IF she is breathing on her own. You can't just take the vent off someone. Its a long and sometimes tedious and exhausting process for the patient. It usually takes a few tries, and that is for someone in pretty good health. (And it conflicts with the reports that she is still in a medically induced coma)...

Yep. I know.. I think that mainly this is a reporting of things that have already happened and we are just finding out now. I think that they are trying hard to see if she has a chance. I want to believe she does. I really do.

IF she is still in a medically induced coma after this long, I smell a malpractice suit.
She never should have been kept in a coma this long and never should been kept on a vent this long.
They would have started waking her up a long time ago.
Either this is misreporting (which I think it is) or somebody is really incompetent caring for BK. :twocents:

Yeah, i dont think she is still in a medically induced coma. I think she's brain dead or a half step above it. Maybe she is sedated, but its not medically induced coma.

IF she is still in a medically induced coma after this long, I smell a malpractice suit.
She never should have been kept in a coma this long and never should been kept on a vent this long.
Either this is misreporting (which I think it is) or somebody is really incompetent caring for BK. :twocents:

There is no malpractice. If she is basically brain dead, or was from the first day all they have done is preserve life. My guess is that no matter what she would not have made it from the beginning.

I don't think her coma is medically induced any longer. Sometimes when they try and bring someone out of a medically induced coma, the coma persists. I am afraid that is what happened here. JMO

Twitter is showing several MSN sources that say she was "removed from the vent" according to family.

Probably just another miscommunication from uninformed family.

Ill post some links.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/national/removed-from-ventilator-bobbi-kristina-browns-condition-unchanged-source/ar-BBhLDh8

Its from a Reuters feed. "Removed from the ventilator..."

I think it is just bad sensational reporting. Makes for a good headline to say "Removed from Ventilator" and leave out that she was put on a trach. :notgood: :tsktsk:

Can you expand on why you think malpractice? :waitasec: I'm just curious why you think that.

I personally don't think that at all. I think it all has to do with the criminal investigation, and money. :sigh:

I think it is just bad sensational reporting. Makes for a good headline to say "Removed from Ventilator" and leave out that she was put on a trach. :notgood: :tsktsk:

I tend to agree, but since it is reuters, maybe they are right and everyone else assumed (because of he time frame) that she was converted to a trach...

I sure wish we knew what the heck this means? :thinking: I'm not gonna say what I think it means......:shush: NG's twitter:

Nick Gordon @nickdgordon
· Feb 15
Twice

So many conflicting stories.... Now we have this one that says she is/was still medically induced coma.... :pullhair: Calling K_Z! STAT! :)

Doctors Prepare to Take Bobbi Kristina Brown Out of Medical Coma: Source

The family ultimately wants to remove her from the medically induced coma she was placed in after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub on Jan. 31. But the source said she must first be weaned off of the coma medication. Her overall condition, however, remains unchanged.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ristina-brown-out-medical-coma-source-n308966

I sure wish we knew what the heck this means? :thinking: I'm not gonna say what I think it means......:shush: NG's twitter:

Nick Gordon @nickdgordon
· Feb 15
Twice

Hmm. That is cryptic. I wonder if he knows she is gone? So since she technically died the first time at home and she could have passed now?
I still keep hoping for a picture of her with her thumbs up in a hospital bed. This should not happen to someone so young.

Can you expand on why you think malpractice? :waitasec: I'm just curious why you think that.

I personally don't think that at all. I think it all has to do with the criminal investigation, and money. :sigh:

Because as has been explained, you don't keep someone in a medically induced coma for that long.
They were pushing it with how long they kept the breathing tube in.
I think it's misreporting. I think she is in a natural coma or (brain dead), not a drug induced/medically induced one.
However, if she HAS been in a medically induced coma for 17 days they are doing something horribly wrong. :twocents:

A lot of people without medical knowledge think coma and brain death are the same thing... So some sources could be using it one way meaning a different way. Its so confusing.

Because as has been explained, you don't keep someone in a medically induced coma for that long.
They were pushing it with how long they kept the breathing tube in.
I think it's misreporting. I think she is in a natural coma or (brain dead), not a drug induced/medically induced one.
However, if she HAS been in a medically induced coma for 17 days they are doing something horribly wrong. :twocents:

Oh, I gotcha.

I tend to think it is misreporting too, but see why you thought malpractice. Thanks! :)

I don't always understand the press's use of "medically induced coma". To me, it means the patient is on propofol or other meds while ventilated to keep them sedated. Is that how you all define it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa