VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juries that bond together tend to work well together.

A local murder trial in my area that I attended, we'd hear the jury yukking it up in their jury room during breaks and after lunch. They celebrated birthdays, someone had gotten married, they had their own buffet going in there at various times during the 3 month trial. And guess what? They unanimously decided (guilty) after 2.5 days of deliberation, and had become close as a result of their experience.

I wish people would stop criticizing this jury
when you don't know what the heck is going on! For all we know the jury may not be able to deliberate tomorrow for any number of good reasons. I realize people think this trial is alllll about getting their own needs met, but this is serious business. This trial is not about the Alexander family. This case is owned by the State of AZ and these jurors are working through an important and tough decision. All of the "I could give her death tomorrow, hang her from a noose, shoot her myself" type comments are about feelings of revenge and hatred. And that's not what this jury is doing, nor what they should be doing.

The jury is human and humans have many emotions and finding humor and good will amongst each other is a positive sign. It doesn't mean they'll give JA death and it doesn't mean they'll give her life. It means they are able to relate to each other and stay on good terms. That's a good thing!

Respectfully,
Re BBM
I think you must be referring to other places where you have been reading because that is not what I have seen here on WS at all.

People here are mostly speculating and commenting and wondering about things, and that is one of the purposes of a discussion thread.

LAcres, post if you want, or take the weekend off if you want, but don't feel bad about posting what's on your mind. This has been a stressful week and today in particular and sometimes it's just therapeutic to get it out. And hey, if you post something that you are embarrassed about when you read it later on...well, you are in good company. Many of us have done it. I look back at some posts I have made at times when I was really stressed out or over-tired and, holy llamas! I cringe.

Go enjoy your animals and your gardens and we'll see you when you get back.

I will always, from now on, associate Jodi Arias with Llamas, and I like Llamas LOL

Respectfully,
I think you must be referring to other places where you have been reading because that is not what I have seen here on WS at all.

People here are mostly speculating and commenting and wondering about things, and that is one of the purposes of a discussion thread.

Respectfully, this is the only place I've been reading and yes, there have been various comments along the way as the jury deliberated in which people wanted to know why it was taking them so long, what was there to figure out, just give her death already and how easy it would be to decide her fate. Perhaps you haven't read every post. There has been criticism about the jury smiling, laughing while leaving (i.e. how dare they), bringing food in to work through lunch (the horror), and how awful it is for the jury to make the Alexander family wait this out. The jury was called to do their duty, sat through achingly boring days in between weeks of delays and are now doing the job they've been asked to do, but even that is criticized because they aren't doing it the way some think they should.

I will always, from now on, associate Jodi Arias with Llamas, and I like Llamas LOL

Nah...llamas are too cute!

I refuse to let the killer ruin anything for me.

I will have Tootsie Pops whenver I want to. And Cinnabons. And Starbucks Frappes.

A local murder trial in my area that I attended, we'd hear the jury yukking it up in their jury room during breaks and after lunch. They celebrated birthdays, someone had gotten married, they had their own buffet going in there at various times during the 3 month trial. And guess what? They unanimously decided (guilty) after 2.5 days of deliberation, and had become close as a result of their experience.

I wish people would stop criticizing this jury when you don't know what the heck is going on! For all we know the jury may not be able to deliberate tomorrow for any number of good reasons. I realize people think this trial is alllll about getting their own needs met, but this is serious business. This trial is not about the Alexander family. This case is owned by the State of AZ and these jurors are working through an important and tough decision. All of the "I could give her death tomorrow, hang her from a noose, shoot her myself" type comments are about feelings of revenge and hatred. And that's not what this jury is doing, nor what they should be doing.

The jury is human and humans have many emotions and finding humor and good will amongst each other is a positive sign. It doesn't mean they'll give JA death and it doesn't mean they'll give her life. It means they are able to relate to each other and stay on good terms. That's a good thing!

BBM. This entire comment deserves BOLD. Thank you!!!

I wish people would stop criticizing this jury when you don't know what the heck is going on! For all we know the jury may not be able to deliberate tomorrow for any number of good reasons. I realize people think this trial is alllll about getting their own needs met, but this is serious business. This trial is not about the Alexander family. This case is owned by the State of AZ and these jurors are working through an important and tough decision. All of the "I could give her death tomorrow, hang her from a noose, shoot her myself" type comments are about feelings of revenge and hatred. And that's not what this jury is doing, nor what they should be doing.

This is a young jury with 8 women, I believe. I imagine a few of them have children. Friday is a big day for basketball tournies and dance recitals and any number of things that a parent does not want to miss. They have had Fridays off all along, so why change that now?

------------------------
Hi RR0004, they wore them at beginning of trial in 2013. Of course nurmo said they would bias the jury or some stupid thing! They had to stop.
Oh I want to see her "sit" on that needle.. :loveyou:

Yes, they were made to not wear the ribbons. Of course, JA's team could wear their DV ribbons. JA's mother even pinned one on someone as recently as the last day of closings. :gaah:

ETA: Removing my post because I realize I was wrong. Sorry.

My understanding was that the jury brought food/dessert so that they wouldn't have to leave the courtroom for lunch?

We should be happy: less chance for them to get waylaid by a stand-in for the DT.

Juror #3 said a while back that she was confident they would come to a unanimous decision. She said this jury was smart and they'd really bonded with each other. The other day she said the same thing. She's sticking to it, no hung jury.

I think that they came in with the food and decided to work through delibs shows us #3 was right. You've gotta feel pretty good about each other to want to bring food for each other.

I feel pretty confident they will be unanimous and I think it will be death.

We all talk about how easy it should be to give someone who deserves it death. But is it? Could you do it and be able live with yourself the rest of your life? And go to bed every night knowing you held someone's life in your hands and chose to end it? It is a very heavy burden. I wonder if I could even do it sometimes, even to Jodi. But they'll get there.

It is a heavy burden. But....yes, I know I could make that decision. Not easily, but I could. And if I had any doubt about being able to make it, I would say so in voire dire. I get that it's one thing to say it and another to face it, but I guess I'm also kinda hard arse about folks taking responsibility for knowing what they believe and acting on it.

It is a heavy burden. But....yes, I know I could make that decision. Not easily, but I could. And if I had any doubt about being able to make it, I would say so in voire dire. I get that it's one thing to say it and another to face it, but I guess I'm also kinda hard arse about folks taking responsibility for knowing what they believe and acting on it.

I could make it too. I'm just saying it would really be difficult to do and weigh very heavily on me. I think anyone would have doubts. But every time I think of that pedophile lie...she deserves it.

I wonder if they've decided on life but just want to go through the evidence more to make sure they are comfortable with the decision. I'm just not feeling the DP now.

All 12 jurors deciding for Life? I'll take that bet. :)

Can you point me to the posts that said these 3 things below that you said? I honestly would like to see if they really were here.

From your post:
"I could give her death tomorrow, hang her from a noose, shoot her myself" type comments are about feelings of revenge and hatred. "

Hatfield, did you notice the important word "type"? There have been many comments along the lines of no big deal to give Arias the DP. I'm not going to do the homework for you, you can read back and find comments of this "type" all along the way.

Respectfully,
Re BBM

Hatfield,
go back a few pages. Posters attacking this jury. It's just wrong!

I just wish the Jury, if they can't finish today, tell the judge they change their minds they want to come in tomorrow too LOL, can't I hope for that?

It makes sense that they would. I don't understand why they are taking a 3 day wkend when people are waiting for them to decide.. This must be horrible for The Alexander Family!!
Hopefully Monday we will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member