VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, five months on, I very much doubt any of them are prolonging their time together just for the heck of it, or because they haven't had their fill of this case yet.

Define "instant" -- number of days will do.

BBM

Did someone really say that, or is it just a straw man?

Looks like I cut out at just the right time tonight!

I've never been so thankful to learn more about filibuster!

Oy-vey-81526277505.png

Define "instant" -- number of days will do.

BBM

Did someone really say that, or is it just a straw man?

I think they will reach a verdict on Monday. No straw man, just batting your words around and making them my own.:D

It appears most of these are sealed and will be used for an appeal. Getting it on the record also. MDLR & MM being harassed and all since prosecutorial misconduct was shot down on MM this week for dropping his name accidently, "oh crap" Juan said after the second or 3rd time. Then Geff's does it too! lol

AZL would be better than me quessing at the entries though.

:D

Inapropriate to arrive with a stew and cake, and leave smiling. I cannot wrap my head around it. I am all about bonding for the jurors. But give me a break. This IS a life/death decision, not some afternoon slumber party. Sorry, I am a bit upset. MOO at this point. After watching this whole fiasco for yrs

This is the first opportunity they've had to really talk to one another. I think it's all good.

Nah...llamas are too cute!

I refuse to let the killer ruin anything for me.

I will have Tootsie Pops whenver I want to. And Cinnabons. And Starbucks Frappes.

But no matter what, jodi arias won't!

How does everyone feel this trial went as opposed to last penalty phase? How did our Juan do? How is everyone feeling?

Food for thought:

"Some people would say a short deliberation time means a guilty verdict and a longer deliberation means the jury, or at least one juror, thinks the defendant is not guilty. But take a look at how long it took jurors to decide these cases:

Steven Hayes was convicted of capital murder in the deaths of three members of the Petit family. The jury deliberated four hours."

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2011/10/31/famous-past-trial-deliberations

Well that says it all. Four hours? For that completely open and shut absolutely horrendous case? (SNARK ALERT) What were they thinking dragging out the process. It should have taken them an hour at most, and that would have been just to fill out all the paperwork.

I think this case would naturally and normally end up with a life sentence. I think there was absolutely a way to present the mitigation phase so that a life sentence would have been the result. But I think the pedo lie, the child *advertiser censored* lie, the suggestions that even adult *advertiser censored* and sex in general are deviant and disgusting, the rude and insanely biased experts, the failure to present any explanation whatsoever for the murder consistent with premeditation (which the jury was told to accept as true), and Jodi's utter inability to express any remorse whatsoever now make death the more likely result.

I agree completely. I cannot understand with a second chance and a new jury why they did not go with insane jealousy, that even though he would tell her to date others and move on she still believed they could get back to the place they were- for a short time in the beginning- happy, traveling, sharing their religion and being in love. That Jodi just couldn't accept it and the fact that he was still having sex with her- she just couldn't see it any other way then that he may have still wanted her.

The reason that crimes of passion can be given a lighter sentence sometimes is because most people can understand what that feels like or can do to your head, heart and thought process.

She could have admitted that SHE had it all wrong but could not see it and really wanted to win him back and beg him to give her a chance to win his love and be his wife. He was actively looking for a wife, why couldn't it be her? She loved him more than she had ever loved anyone before- the others didn't even compare, she wanted his children and a life with him, she couldn't let him go.

She could have said, I got dolled up, died my hair, did my nails, I was working and had a photography business, I was going to get my finances back on track and prove to Travis that I was worthy of his love. I went, he wasn't unhappy to see me- we ended up in bed (like we always did) I felt so close to him, like there was a chance.

I begged him for a chance... to take me to Cancun, I'll make you happy, prove myself to you. She could have said he politely rebuffed her expressed his hope for Mimi or if it didn't work out with Mimi he was going to try one last time to win Lisa back and I snapped- I flipped, something just went nuts in me. I couldn't take it, I attacked him, we started to fight, I had a gun for protection on my trip- I used it, I was jealous with rage- he would have sex with me but didn't want me. I slaughtered him, before I even knew what I was capable of. I hated him, I hated the women, I hated that I wasn't good enough. In the back of my mind I was so filled with confusion, unrequited love and jealousy that I may have even known that if he didn't want me... I couldn't let anyone have him. I loved him... I couldn't handle it... I couldn't handle the rejection.

Why? Why wouldn't they have tried something like that?

But no matter what, jodi arias won't!

How does everyone feel this trial went as opposed to last penalty phase? How did our Juan do? How is everyone feeling?

The retrial was a dirty ugly extended horror show. JM was magnificent. JA's strategy of destroying Travis' reputation and exacting revenge on each and every person who dared to love Travis backfired and left her with no mitigation. The DT sank to her level. The jury asked great questions. I'm optimistic she'll get the DP.

And..hi!! Folks were asking about you earlier and hoping you would stop by. :)

Can you point me to the posts that said these 3 things below that you said? I honestly would like to see if they really were here.

From your post:
"I could give her death tomorrow, hang her from a noose, shoot her myself" type comments are about feelings of revenge and hatred. "

I'm not gonna take the time to go back through all of the posts but I can tell you I recall reading those exact things in the past day on here.

I think they will reach a verdict on Monday. No straw man, just batting your words around and making them my own.:D

"instant" = Two days?

BBM

So long as the origin and ownership are clear. :websleuther:

I know I have said "I hope they inject her with a dull needle", and I still feel that way.

Juror #3 said a while back that she was confident they would come to a unanimous decision. She said this jury was smart and they'd really bonded with each other. The other day she said the same thing. She's sticking to it, no hung jury.

I think that they came in with the food and decided to work through delibs shows us #3 was right. You've gotta feel pretty good about each other to want to bring food for each other.

I feel pretty confident they will be unanimous and I think it will be death.

We all talk about how easy it should be to give someone who deserves it death. But is it? Could you do it and be able live with yourself the rest of your life? And go to bed every night knowing you held someone's life in your hands and chose to end it? It is a very heavy burden. I wonder if I could even do it sometimes, even to Jodi. But they'll get there.

I'm a strong advocate of the DP. Always have been and always will be. In all honesty, yes I could vote DP in a heartbeat if it was warranted and I wouldn’t loose one moment of sleep over it. This is not killing - it’s justice. Now if this was a case where JA snapped and just shot Travis, I would give her LWOP. But premeditation and butchering deserves nothing less the DP.

Recently they forgot to mute the sidebar sound in the overflow room. Some of the content of the discussion was posted, but it didn't seem like anything to make a fuss over, to me. Could that be what was "sealed"?

2/24/2015 SDD - Notice: Sealed Document - Party (001) 2/26/2015
NOTE: SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE OF FILING OFFER OF PROOF REGARDING MS. ARIAS' TESTIMONY

What does that mean?

Jodi offering an affidavit that she's telling the truth?

MeeBee and geevee, I have never posted on Websleuths before but I have been following this whole trial since the very beginning. I'm just posting to tell you that I'm right up here in Spring. I didn't realize you were Texans, too!

MeeBee and geevee, I have never posted on Websleuths before but I have been following this whole trial since the very beginning. I'm just posting to tell you that I'm right up here in Spring. I didn't realize you were Texans, too!
Quite a few of us here around Houston...[emoji2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member