VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 8s9 seconds ago
Hey guys, we can't film so it's probably just a juror question. If it's a hung jury, we can film. #JodiArias

If a juror wanted off the jury and had a valid reason for not wanting to continue, I think this would have been dealt with early on. I don't think that's what's going on right now. Jury has a question for the Judge. For now, I'm going to remain hopeful that they are still working toward a unanimous verdict.

Since we're waiting, I'll post something that may affect our feelings about the upcoming sentence, whatever it is. I was curious about the new rules at Perryville after reading what Troy Hayden said. It appears that rules have changed pretty significantly as of March 2014, for both max custody and death row (now called condemned inmates). Here's the chart that describes the steps of the programs for max @ Lumley, but if you notice at the bottom the only difference for DP inmates is no contact for both visitation and other inmates - otherwise they are allowed to earn privileges just as the others can. Apparently the videos we saw re: the conditions for DP inmates no longer apply, and are not nearly as isolated and restrictive as before - that's why they can already assign a cell for JA, I suppose. I'll post a link to the new rules underneath this chart for anyone that would like to read it.

View attachment 70521

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/DI/DI 326.pdf

I think I'd rather hold onto my visions of the circles of hell awaiting her.

Can we imagine JA sitting in the holding cell each and everyday of deliberation, out of her comfort
Zone just waiting. We all talk, jury talks, media talks but unless she talks to herself there is no communication. I love that thought.

I am sure she has progressed to singing gospels by now. :gaah:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 50s50 seconds ago
Hey guys, we can't film so it's probably just a juror question. If it's a hung jury, we can film. #JodiArias
0 replies 14 retweets 35 favorites
Reply Retweet14 Favorite35
More
Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 2m2 minutes ago
#jodiarias judge is in courtroom
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite
Reply Retweet Favorite1
More
Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner 2m2 minutes ago
Judge just walked in. No #JodiArias yet #TravisAlexander #abc15
0 replies 3 retweets 5 favorites
Reply Retweet3 Favorite5
More
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
I can sneak in a Juan Tie Report....he's in a black suit and coral colored tie #jodiarias
0 replies 8 retweets 63 favorites
Reply Retweet8 Favorite63
More

I'm horrible at bringing tweets over...

I've never smoked but I think I ought to start right now.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 42s43 seconds ago
7-8 jurors have left the jury room. #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 55s55 seconds ago
Randy the juror bailiff huddled with judge Stephens then left the courtroom. #jodiarias

Rut Roh! Why cant it be something quick and easy?! :facepalm:

Maybe JSS didn't mean longer than a lunch break, but longer than the time remaining before lunch time...as in, she didn't want to finish up the matter she was with and make this wait because if she did it would then go well into the lunch time.

Maybe?

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 1m1 minute ago
Judge Stephens just entered court-Martinez present-no defense yet-much anticipation-are there problems?-questions?-stay tuned #jodiarias

Yep. Switching jurors and JSS knows she's going to have to deal with Nurmi's off the cuff motions for mistrial.

Seriously, surely this will not result in a mistrial of some kind will it--and if this is the "issue", that juror better have a damn good reason for trying to get out deliberations. My mind is racing thinking that this can't be good.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 21s22 seconds ago
Likely that group of jurors is taking another break while they wait for judge and atty's to answer their question/s. #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen