VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;BzjLW3lNwJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLW3lNwJM&t=51[/video]

The positioning of the narrow cell window/s seems to be designed to let in light but prevent the inmate from comfortably looking out imo.

Someone referred to the book, Slumber Party From Hell, written by a woman who was in Perryville for seven years. I downloaded it to read about conditions in the prison, not the inmates. It does sound horrible and HOT. Think about a tiny concrete and steel cell in the middle of a dirt field when it's 117 degrees outside, with no air conditioning. That alone would kill me.

Ah, but the unjustly convicted psycho would probably think she's at the Four Seasons spa steam room, pffft.

It's is her first DP case and she's being OVERLY cautious. She's in over her head. Why they assigned such a big case to a judge with no DP experience is beyond me.

Well in her defense, in order to be experienced, you've gotta have experience. JSS had to start somewhere. kinda like how the murderess had no "previous criminal history."

But seriously, every DP judge had to get through their 1st DP case. Perhaps there should have been more oversight.

I haven't liked the way she ran the courtroom, and I will hold her partly responsible if the jury hangs, yet she wasn't "wrong" on every issue. And the only reason I give her any credit is b/c AZL has kept me honest with her expertise!

So for the faithful here...still thinking that it's 50/50 for the DP?

They are obviously finding something to debate. I think after their lunch will be the 'make or break' time, and we will have them in court. What do you think?

I am encouraged by this, particularly in light of foreman Z threw in the towel so easily the first time around; I really do hope they can reach a unanimous verdict

It is my understanding that Perryville is very very overcrowded. What I read last night said that they have 2-3 women in a small cell for something like 6 weeks during receiving (when they first get there) because they have to wait to have space for them on their yard. There is a website called Prison talk and on their forums you can read about specific prisons. Here's the forum for Perryville. The killer is going to hate every second of it. I'm fine w/ her having life because she'll be there longer. http://prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1294

She gets a cell to herself.

Hung jury is what I expect it will be. A verdict would be nice. DP would totally shock me.

Ah, but the unjustly convicted Jodi Arias would probably think she's at the Four Seasons spa steam room, pffft.
I honestly don't think so. She's been handled, basically, with kid gloves the last 7 years. The goal is to get through trial, and finally sentencing without some sort of big problem.
All that goes out the window when she's sent to prison. And because she's kind of used to more attention, I think it will be especially easy for her to be tremendously annoying immediately. A new, snooty entitled prisoner might find her experience...difficult. :)

I don't really think that is what will keep her from getting death like she deserves. If they really fell that she was used for sex by Travis then they have to be dumb as a rock, collectively. All of the evidence showed the opposite. She used her sexual manipulation game and gave Travis kinky sex he had never experienced before. So much so that even Travis began to feel like he was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat.:( It really shows how sad Travis was about the sex she pushed in his face.

We have been here on a crime message board long enough to know the justice system is not equal when it comes to female defendants even when they commit a horrific gruesome DP crime like JA.

If they don't give her death it will be the same old tired reason other females haven't been given it when it was deserved and nothing less. She is a white female and somewhat young. That is the favorable profile and gender who never seems to be punished as much as a male who did a same like crime or even a crime that wasn't nearly has heinous as this one.

If Travis' name had been Travetta or something similar and the defendant had been named Travis he would have received the death penalty last year unanimously.

We are still stagnated in societal views on gender biases when it comes to the justice system. If Caylee's father had murdered her just like her mother did he would be on death row. Since the murderer of CMA was a female they let her murdering mom walk free. That would have never happened if it had been a man who murdered sweet precious Caylee.

It is already known that adult male victims rarely get true justice if their murderer happens to be done by a female. Same thing if babies and children are heinously murdered by their own mothers. If they are even convicted of the crime their punishment usually is far less than if it had been the father doing the murder. Its really shameful that gender biases still exist today when we have seen females do some of the most heinous murders imaginable.

IMO

I agree whole heartedly. I will never get over the injustice of Caylee. She had no family to help push the wheels of justice either.

There is racial bias too. African American males are disproportionately incarcerated and on death row.

We are all so invested because we know about her tweets, the vow to slander him if a deal was not given, the true harm she inflicted and continues to inflict on his family, the disgusting tactics of the DT absolutely eviscerating Travis' reputation. We probably know so much more than these folks, but still, it is truly maddening that those flimsy mitigation excuses are what is holding up justice for the Alexander family. You are so right about Travis being victimized and ensnared by her sexuality. He was obviously addicted to it, despite his strong morals, and truth be told, the poor man did nothing impure or deviant. My heart continues to focus on his family today. May this be the end.....for now.

Ok, I understand that. I haven't seen a lot of that here but maybe I've missed it. I've said that Jodi won't have it easy if she gets LWOP because I don't believe she will and I admit to being super happy about that. She shouldn't have it easy in there after the crime she committed. I don't know if it's vengeance or not, but I do think she should have punishment for her crime, be it the DP or a lifetime of hard living in prison with people who will not put up with her sneaky conniving ways.

Whatever sentence JA receives, she should be treated the same as every other prisoner; no special treatment and no harsher. She can't receive a different degree of confinement, unless her actions warrant it. What she did is loathsome and I would prefer she get the DP based on the premeditation, the killing, and the subsequent cover-up.

@marcfox10: Jury in the #jodiarias trial has just taken their lunch break for today. #fox10phoenix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we will have a verdict today. And it will be DP. Yesterday I didn't think so. Today, I've changed my mind. They appear to be really working hard to resolved the issue and I think they will all agree on DP when it's all said and done.

I bet it's more like 1 or 2 people that are descenting. If it was a more even split, I think they would have thrown in the towel.

Not at all, this is just MOO but I think it is more like 9-3, 10-2 or 11-1 for the DP. It seems to me that if there is a 50/50 split the Allen charge wouldn't have been given. IDK maybe AZL can chime in on when the Allen charge is used, i.e., is it used when the votes aren't close? Or is it just purely arbitrary and solely at the Judge's discretion?

I think JSS will take sentencing under advisement..and tell us in 2 months..:) Not much faith here.

If JSS doesn't issue a sentence immediately, I hope JA hears it standing before JSS in her stripes and chains.

O/T
Hey Linas, by the way, while at the sidebar, I read where you were with your daughter yesterday when she played her flute with the quartet. That was awesome. I know you were a proud mom. At least that was some good news at the end of the day. :)
Thanks! :tyou:Got some more pictures of it today, so I got to brag.:loveyou:

The judge wouldn't know what the split is during deliberations. I believe the Allen charge is used to Spur them into having a unanimous decision and try to work out the differences of opinion on their own before being hung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew