VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will have a verdict today. And it will be DP. Yesterday I didn't think so. Today, I've changed my mind. They appear to be really working hard to resolved the issue and I think they will all agree on DP when it's all said and done.

I am afraid to believe, but I do most certainly hope that you are right.

BTW--have I mentioned how much I miss some of our regulars, and look forward to seeing Hope and Amster make an appearance some time today:waiting:

I think we will have a verdict today. And it will be DP. Yesterday I didn't think so. Today, I've changed my mind. They appear to be really working hard to resolved the issue and I think they will all agree on DP when it's all said and done.

I hope you are right. I am more optimistic too so far.

I got a text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from my Dad.

Something Jodi will never get to say again regardless of the verdict today!!!!

I've been following this case about midway through last trial, but rarely posted. I'm more of a lurker, and am typically playing catch-up on the threads. My first thought about the jury questions from yesterday is that they may have wanted clarification on what the life sentences entail as opposed to the DP, which could be why they were given the modified Allen charge. They may not actually be hung, but some jurors may have wanted to know the difference in conditions between the two sentences. JMO

It's is her first DP case and she's being OVERLY cautious. She's in over her head. Why they assigned such a big case to a judge with no DP experience is beyond me.

I think on paper, this case was an easy first DP case - JA admitted to killing Travis, and the state had a lot of evidence against her. When JSS was assigned the case, I doubt anyone but the DT thought it was going to be as convoluted as it became or as big of a case as it became. JMO

So for the faithful here...still thinking that it's 50/50 for the DP?

Nope not a chance....if jury comes back today probably Life ...if tomorrow hung...will not go another weekend I don't think...out of 12 I think there is more than one not wanting DP and given the "retrial etc" I think they may want to give a verdict rather than hang..but of course depends on the personalities you have in there.

No tweets? Not even mentioning lunch from the main players?

Absolutely. I'm glad they are still deliberating in an attempt to reach a consensus. I will respect their decision one way or another.

I agree whole heartedly. I will never get over the injustice of Caylee. She had no family to help push the wheels of justice either.

There is racial bias too. African American males are disproportionately incarcerated and on death row.

We are all so invested because we know about her tweets, the vow to slander him if a deal was not given, the true harm she inflicted and continues to inflict on his family, the disgusting tactics of the DT absolutely eviscerating Travis' reputation. We probably know so much more than these folks, but still, it is truly maddening that those flimsy mitigation excuses are what is holding up justice for the Alexander family. You are so right about Travis being victimized and ensnared by her sexuality. He was obviously addicted to it, despite his strong morals, and truth be told, the poor man did nothing impure or deviant. My heart continues to focus on his family today. May this be the end.....for now.
There really is no racial bias, to be honest. I've seen people of many different races speak about the death penalty. It's mostly Caucasian people who protest it. It's Caucasian people working for the Innocence Project. It's a myth to be honest, that African American people are against the death penalty. An African American can be just as disgusted by the murder of a Caucasian person too. That's pretty racist, imo.

I think JA well earned the DP.
I think we'll see a hung jury.
I'll be satisfied either way that this over, done, finis!

Not at all, this is just MOO but I think it is more like 9-3, 10-2 or 11-1 for the DP. It seems to me that if there is a 50/50 split the Allen charge wouldn't have been given. IDK maybe AZL can chime in on when the Allen charge is used, i.e., is it used when the votes aren't close? Or is it just purely arbitrary and solely at the Judge's discretion?

Should have been clearer...50/50 chance JA will get the DP. Meaning...it could go either way. Yesterday I was leaning toward the likelihood it could be Life, but today...I'm thinking it could very well be the DP.

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · now

Media just hanging out in the hall #jodiarias

Well, if the jury is taking a break...so am I. :) BBL

We recently bought a condo in Florida...(casey anthony) I'm surrounded! ~L~
\

My Brother lives a very short block away from Luka Magnotta's apartment :(

\

My Brother lives a very short block away from Luka Magnotta's apartment :(

My son works on the same street as his apartment :( And my hair colorist was offered a drink by magnotta a month before the murder!!!
He said he was a very odd duck!

I can't even imagine the heat in Arizona in the summer tbh. We die of heatstroke here when it gets to the high 60s. Especially up North where I live. In the city I live in we are famed for not wearing coats even in the most freezing weather.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-advise-geordies-to-wear-coats-267199

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8601303/Newcastle-and-the-one-about-the-weather.html
I can. I've been there in 120 degree heat. And it's dry heat, but still unbearable, everything melts. My Phoenix cousins would leave and travel during the summer months. On that particular trip, my radiator overheated and my tires blew out!!

Should have been clearer...50/50 chance JA will get the DP. Meaning...it could go either way. Yesterday I was leaning toward the likelihood it could be Life, but today...I'm thinking it could very well be the DP.

RR, I have always believed that a jury will never unanimously agree on Life--I think it will either be DP or hung JMO

Hope I haven't missed anything. Breaking news in a local (Michigan) case, so I'm trying to keep up with that, too.

Not at all, this is just MOO but I think it is more like 9-3, 10-2 or 11-1 for the DP. It seems to me that if there is a 50/50 split the Allen charge wouldn't have been given. IDK maybe AZL can chime in on when the Allen charge is used, i.e., is it used when the votes aren't close? Or is it just purely arbitrary and solely at the Judge's discretion?

It is used only when the jury says they can't reach a decision. Unless the jury writes down the vote split on the juror question form, no one would know what it was. Certainly the judge would not ask them what the split was.

Why was the defense given so much money to try this case? is this because it is a death penalty case and the defendent has no money ? Seems like CMJA is given special treatment I dont think any normal person would be given the funds to hire all those so called experts and extra time to try the case with obvious delay tactics ( arias twice got the judge to let her be her own lawyer only to say she was in over her head and judge orders lawyers back to the case ) When one is deemed indigent, there is no limit on the amount of tax dollars allocated towards your case?

All death penalty defendants get the same type of treatment.

I believe you are right about 2 or 3. They are very close, I feel, as they continue to work as they believe that they can still get there. I really have to hand it to them, they are NOT giving up easily. I would say that Jodi is very, very nervous at this point.

I want the DP - She earned it, but IMO the time spent deliberating tells me it won't be.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz