Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Arizona will be FORCED to investigate due to public pressure and a watchful eye. This site included. They have mud on their face and blood on their hands if all allegations are true. They have no choice but to deal with it. Hoping that it started last weekend when the ball dropped and she was exposed.

7bc4c5b87c3fc11f406b3dd9bfc811e4.jpg

GOOD point, how did Beth know juror's name!!!!

No one will convince me that there isn't something hinky with MDLR/#17 connection. And after spending 3.7 million on a trial, I think it behooves Arizona to get to the bottom of it. OR IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN IN OTHER TRIALS.

Looking at the diary is NOT deliberating. AND I trust the 11 people that were there. Their opinions are she did NOT deliberate. And the words that came out of her mouth, immediately wanting to send paperwork in for hung jury shows she was not interested in much else. Sounds coached to me.

3.7 million is a lot of money to play with, especially with sleezy lawyers. What did Casey Anthony's defense cost?

I don't get what you mean by it being a rumour?

There is about a three min video and at the end of that the host said tune in to gma tomorrow morning to see the full interview...

So I'm confused lol

okay so that would be today and hopefully someone can post the entire interview? It is tough to keep up with the local stations out there. In another post I apologized for using the term "rumor"...sorry!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
okay so that is today and hopefully someone can post the link for entire interview...I am very interested in hearing them directly and yes I take everything as rumor until confirmed and I see proof....sorry to have used the term for this interview

A part of investigating is examining the speculation. If people want to examine rumors to prove of disprove, well that is a part of the process and they should be free to do that, especially here. If people are getting weary then it is up to the to take a break, but I don't feel like it is fair for someone to tell myself or others to step away or get some air. Things will die down once the dust settles. In the mean time, I take huge interest in this bizarre case.

ETA: I am beyond impressed with the information the members on this forum come up with and the outside the box thinking here. Extremely smart resourceful folks in here. So I really thank everyone for the dedication, even if I don't agree with some, I still like the input.

That is one thing I love about this site..IF I want to for example go back and discuss theories etc on Jon Benet case...I can, and there are always others to participate in that discussion, same with Haleigh Cummings ...those are examples. But if we did not do what we do here and just waited for evidence then alot of these cases would have been left in the dust yrs ago. Thats not what we want here.

I also agree with above poster that a gag order could have been imposed pending investigation even though JSS told them they were free to talk. That was before the truth started coming out about #17's past.

okay so that is today and hopefully someone can post the link for entire interview...I am very interested in hearing them directly and yes I take everything as rumor until confirmed and I see proof....sorry to have used the term for this interview

I think Arizona will be FORCED to investigate due to public pressure and a watchful eye. This site included. They have mud on their face and blood on their hands if all allegations are true. They have no choice but to deal with it. Hoping that it started last weekend when the ball dropped and she was exposed.

7bc4c5b87c3fc11f406b3dd9bfc811e4.jpg

IMO MDLR, if she knew there was a conflict of interest in any way should be held accountable for that. Isnt there a code of ethics or something to that regard, I am pretty sure attorneys would have to tell but what about MDLR?

Yes, I agree with you, I really do, but I don't believe they will ever truly live again. Not like they once did, free of agony. If some people can say that they can truly live free of burden after going through that my hat is off to them. But somehow I don't feel the Alexanders will every feel like they can let this go. I feel like they will think about it every time they lay their head down which is painful, even to me to think about. Not after the fight they gave. Of course I am not speaking for them either and this is my humblest opinion. But this is in no way closure:

635611856085232829-phxdc5-6jhxzrnup68168fbh4p6-original.jpg

I don't expect to them live like they once did, I just wish them a moment in the future when they can live, when they can deal. This (these) trial(s) keep their hearts and their wounds wide open. Time will give them some distance from it. I'm not brazen enough to think they will never be completely free of agony, but they will gain a new perspective. And sometimes in these horrific situations, perspective—which may not seem like much—is a gift.

One would think, but I wouldn't accuse ANY of the DT of being ethical. *sigh*

IMO MDLR, if she knew there was a conflict of interest in any way should be held accountable for that. Isnt there a code of ethics or something to that regard, I am pretty sure attorneys would have to tell but what about MDLR?

I'm not saying she won't do what she can to make her day-to-day life tolerable, and become engrossed in the daily drama and routine of her existence, and even forget for awhile she had ever known anything else, but somewhere inside she will always know that her life has become limited far beyond anything she at one point could have imagined, and there is no future for her that is any different from the present she is locked into. That misery will always be waiting for her, just below the surface, and she will never be able to escape it.

For a normal person I would agree 100% but not with Jodi, who is like so many others in the prison system. For people like Jodi, happiness is not based on where you are or even who you are with. Happiness is based on what you can get away with. She is not sorry she killed Travis, and she will accept her new reality and live what she will perceive to be a pretty ok life. She will have friends, lovers, drama, the ability to get one over on the system of a regular basis. For Jodi and people like her that is where happiness lies. On top of that she gets to, in her own head, forever be a victim. She gets to pretend she was wronged by Travis and the system.

It was a few days ago.

So perhaps Saturday it should have been released not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could take a photo of this screen and email or text it to someone in less than 5 seconds. Just sayin'...copiers aren't needed these days - just hold it up or put it on the table and done. Doesn't even have to change hands and she would still have the original.

I don't see that her restrictions would have allowed that opportunity after the verdict :thinking: but prior to verdict... :dunno:

.... more likely MDLR :moo:

Perhaps slipped into a birthday card passed through Mdlr to "mom"?

Just my opinions and spitballin here.

Whoa ...

I was reading the Justice for Travis FB site late last night and read their post about a tweet from JA's Twitter, which had JW's name on it.

So I went to JA's Twitter and "poof" -- it was gone.

The Tweet reads:

"People see others how they themselves are. That's why to Juan, everybody is a liar -- because HE's a liar."--Jennifer Willmott

Link: https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

WOW ... JMO but somebody is po'd !

For a normal person I would agree 100% but not with Jodi, who is like so many others in the prison system. For people like Jodi, happiness is not based on where you are or even who you are with. Happiness is based on what you can get away with. She is not sorry she killed Travis, and she will accept her new reality and live what she will perceive to be a pretty ok life. She will have friends, lovers, drama, the ability to get one over on the system of a regular basis. For Jodi and people like her that is where happiness lies. On top of that she gets to, in her own head, forever be a victim. She gets to pretend she was wronged by Travis and the system.
Again, I don't doubt she will find her (perverted) sources of satisfaction. But keep in mind the sense of entitlement and superiority that are integral parts of her nature. That aspect of her personality will always be in conflict with her permanent status as a prisoner living in poor conditions, under strict rules of discipline, and with limited purview. She will find her sources of happiness, but they will be more crumbs than feast.

I think people are really getting out there. I realize that people are upset and annoyed at JA and her DT but I think this is way reaching to think that they would break the law for her. I don't think they like her at all and have only done their best and will be glad to be rid of her eventually once this case is finished.
I think people need to step away from this case and get some perspective and air.
I think they''ve already broke the law so there's no "reaching" where I'm concerned.

GOOD point, how did Beth know juror's name!!!!

No one will convince me that there isn't something hinky with MDLR/#17 connection. And after spending 3.7 million on a trial, I think it behooves Arizona to get to the bottom of it. OR IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN IN OTHER TRIALS.

Looking at the diary is NOT deliberating. AND I trust the 11 people that were there. Their opinions are she did NOT deliberate. And the words that came out of her mouth, immediately wanting to send paperwork in for hung jury shows she was not interested in much else. Sounds coached to me.

3.7 million is a lot of money to play with, especially with sleezy lawyers. What did Casey Anthony's defense cost?

BBM- $147,018.60 according to this article was spent on the Casey Anthony trial. "Things that the state refuses to pay for include some of the costs for deposition transcripts, the use of independent contractors and some of the defense team's travel costs. None of the money paid by the state of Florida will pay any of the defense attorneys' salaries." http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anth...-defense-team-charges-state/story?id=14125305

It is my understanding that most of the $3 million in the JA trial was paid to defense attorneys. The state's expenses seem minimal when compared to the DT, but the figure provided by the state did not include attorney hours, time spent by medical examiner, etc. I can't find the article for the state's expenses or I would have inluded it.

JMO
That is good to feel that way.

I like the rules here at WS and it sometimes limits what can be linked or shown on certain social media sites, but that is GOOD IMO, because each of us need to form our own opinions on certain things anyway until MSM states certain things.

Since so much information these days is on social media, it may take some personal research to see what is out there to form an opinion. Some do much more research on their own than others and sometimes that is why opinions vary so much here.

One thing I learned from another trial is things do disappear on certain social media sites. Even if just for personal reference it sometimes is good to make screen captures especially if something is likely to "disappear".

IMO, I think some of us will find information and choose not to discuss it too because it is not widely accepted yet as a truth or a fact. But it is still information we acquire that adds to the information pool.

Its hard on everyone because even when we see something for ourselves we sometimes have a difference of opinion on what it really means or how accurate something is.

To me, this is all GOOD. We just have to take certain things with a grain of salt until it is widely accepted as a "truth" or a "fact". MSM can help us along those lines if they choose to continue to make this case newsworth which I hope they do.

One thing I am afraid of is if someone that is employed by the courts becomes involved in possibly releasing info they should not have, then there may be steps taken to not let it out how it happened. I hope whoever is in charge of any investigations does a thorough job.

No kidding, right? I thought ALL of this was supposed to be release the minute a verdict was reached. I know opening statement are out there, so it is not like they are holding anything for final sentencing, besides JSS has already seen it all. I am really surprised some news station have "new exclusive trial footage".

Will the complete Retrial ever be released?

That, after speaking with a long time corrections officer who works in a max prison in segregation, sadly I disagree. Jodi will settle in, have a "family" manipulate other prisoners and guards. She will cause others a lot of harm by manipulating them to do her dirty work. People could end up with longer sentences or hurt because of her. His prediction is she will be pregnant within a year by a guard. Granted this is just his opinion, but I would call it an educated opinion based on 15 years experience.

JMO--Of course, anything's possible.
JA brings a boatload of baggage with her. I'm probably of the mindset that the circus that is JA (and her supporters) will be solid reminder she's trouble with a capital T. I won't feel sorry for any inmate groupies, their choice. As far as guards, they know she's coming. I would think they will be prepared, and well trained. But, we'll see soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland