Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but I don't see any evidence yet they aren't or are not inclined to because the DA doesn't want them to, I just don't see it, yet.

Exactly, we don't see or hear anything........which leads me to believe that there isn't anything happening on that front.

Oct 23, 2014 Dr Drew had Tara Kelley on his show, here is the tweet:

EXCLUSIVE: Tara Kelley, juror #17 in #JodiArias' criminal trial, will join Dr. Drew tonight -- 9pET on HLN.
https://twitter.com/drdrewhln/status/525402560270585857

Defense saw a social media post about Juror #17 being on Dr Drew on Oct 23, jumped to the wrong conclusion, and that's how (penalty phase) Juror #17 ended up in chambers that afternoon.

Even the tweeters who responded to this tweet seem confused, some asking if she had been dismissed before the clarification, one even mentions the uproar caused in court by the announcement.

What is really important to me when the Dr. Drew thing happened is this...

If the "real" juror 17 was called into the judges chambers along with the DT to talk about it, then even though it was a mistaken situation, it was at this very point during this resentencing phase that the DT got a personal meeting with this real Juror #17, and
this was the start of the DT beginning to realize who she was, who she may have been related to, and to realize her opinions on the DP.

This event could have opened up the DT eyes to a juror on this jury that may have happened to favor their side over the State side. Afterall, its not too often the DT gets a personal meeting with one of the jurors.

JMO of course.

But did they ? LE is going to do what they are instructed to do by the DA. It's been my observation that the court system is very hesitant to go after jurors for just about any reason. If they start investigating jurors because of the way they voted, they won't ever be able to get anybody to show up for jury duty. I've heard them state as much themselves.
Yea I think it's possible they're treading lightly, and it's likely that nothing can be done about what happened in this case anyway, but maybe they can learn something to prevent it, or minimize the chances of it happening again. I think in the end they will always have to rely on the honesty of potential jurors to large degree no matter what.

Skimmed over a lot after work last night so I am just now thinking that y'all are saying that JA had a juror list in jail? Did I completely misread that? Did I dream that? Would she really have that? I would be mortified to know that a killer could have that information. What if this was a hit man on trial? Would he have information like that?

Exactly, we don't see or hear anything........which leads me to believe that there isn't anything happening on that front.
I don't know why they would think that keeping the public informed at every step of the investigation is necessary, in fact I would think they would feel the opposite. The public has a right to the conclusion, but I don't think they necessarily have the right to what's going on behind the scenes of an investigation.

What is really important to me when the Dr. Drew thing happened is this...

If the "real" juror 17 was called into the judges chambers along with the DT to talk about it, then even though it was a mistaken situation, it was at this very point during this resentencing phase that the DT got a personal meeting with this real Juror #17, and
this was the start of the DT beginning to realize who she was, who she may have been related to, and to realize her opinions on the DP.

This event could have opened up the DT eyes to a juror on this jury that may have happened to favor their side over the State side. Afterall, its not too often the DT gets a personal meeting with one of the jurors.

JMO of course.

You're exactly on the mark. And then this juror's husband becomes Facebook friends with someone associated with the DT shortly thereafter. Add some coercion and a little star-struck influence onto somebody that already has it out for the prosecutor, and you have a recipe for disaster.

They knew this was a stealth juror all along, and they worked it.

I don't see why they would deliberately want them to get away with it while at the same time claiming to investigate it. There may have been deletion parties going on all weekend, but I would think L.E. would be able to get access to server backups in order to retrieve the 'deleted' info.

in order to get access to all this social media /servers etc. do they not have to first have some sort of authority to do so based on evidence of wrongdoing? I think if you see any statement from LE it will be very measured and I don't think those that expect something big to happen to J17 are going to be very disappointed. They have to be very careful of they wont be able to ever seat juries again.

I rather enjoy reading up on what's happening here. Especially right now. This is one of the most interesting cases I've seen in my lifetime. It is a sleuthing sight after all, not JUST a gossip forum. Seems like people forget that a lot.

sleuth
slo͞oTH/
informal
verb
gerund or present participle: sleuthing

carry out a search or investigation in the manner of a detective.

dated
investigate (someone or something).

I think people are really getting out there. I realize that people are upset and annoyed at JA and her DT but I think this is way reaching to think that they would break the law for her. I don't think they like her at all and have only done their best and will be glad to be rid of her eventually once this case is finished.
I think people need to step away from this case and get some perspective and air.

Skimmed over a lot after work last night so I am just now thinking that y'all are saying that JA had a juror list in jail? Did I completely misread that? Did I dream that? Would she really have that? I would be mortified to know that a killer could have that information. What if this was a hit man on trial? Would he have information like that?
I guess it could have happened via the fact that she was representing herself at two points during the trial so she had all rights of her lawyer.

You're exactly on the mark. And then this juror's husband becomes Facebook friends with someone associated with the DT shortly thereafter. Add some coercion and a little star-struck influence onto somebody that already has it out for the prosecutor, and you have a recipe for disaster.

They knew this was a stealth juror all along, and they worked it.

Now i want to see proof of this FB association and that one is easy....you can ask that person on the DT for her computer...I assume if such an allegation comes forward they can do that but not sure of that either. I think this could be yet another unconfirmed rumor?

She wants her conviction overturned. She wants a new trial. Shes grasping at straws.

Oh OK, so just more BS. Appeals but not successful appeals. And she will be paying for all this right, not AZ tax payers?

Some people seem to think the DAs office wont be investigating #17. I understand a couple of the reasons given. But the DAs office needs to know how the names of the jurors got on the jail site. Thats where the investigation can start. They can back peddle from there. Theres no telling what they will uncover.

has there been a link to the full interview with the 3 juror on gma? i had a look and couldn't see anything

I think that was another rumor and honestly with everything going on and the fact if LE is investigating (I am not sure on this) they will question the jurors and not so sure they should be doing interviews. That said...if it is out there love to see it.

in order to get access to all this social media /servers etc. do they not have to first have some sort of authority to do so based on evidence of wrongdoing? I think if you see any statement from LE it will be very measured and I don't think those that expect something big to happen to J17 are going to be very disappointed. They have to be very careful of they wont be able to ever seat juries again.
Well, they said they are investigating, so I suppose they will go as far as the evidence leads them.

Oh OK, so just more BS. Appeals but not successful appeals. And she will be paying for all this right, not AZ tax payers?
The appeals wont be successful. Shes trying to raise money to pay for it. Things will be very difficult for her during this process. Noone will be at her beckon call.

The latest I've read here is that as a Lifer she gets one automatic appeal paid for by the state, but that usually goes nowhere, then she gets a state-appointed attorney to try to push it a little further, which has even less of a chance of going anywhere, then she's on her own. It doesn't look good for her at all. This is in contrast to the DP where she gets unlimited appeals and unlimited funds from the state to pay for them.

Appeals will become the purpose of her life, but like everything else, she will end up a failure.
Exactly. And some people were afraid she would adjust and settle in. Never happen.

Now i want to see proof of this FB association and that one is easy....you can ask that person on the DT for her computer...I assume if such an allegation comes forward they can do that but not sure of that either. I think this could be yet another unconfirmed rumor?

That information came within hours after the verdict was announced. One of the many reporters on this case was looking at the Facebook page for juror #17. While surfing, he/she also looked at the husbands Facebook page. Shown on his friends list was RDLR----sister to MDLR. Hell of a coincidence, huh? That friend was deleted shortly thereafter, and the Facebook page taken down. The C.Y.A. process had begun.

Afterwards, it was reported that there was a picture of RDLR and Juror 17's husband in a picture together. I haven't seen the picture, can't verify. Since it hasn't surfaced, I wonder about the authenticity of it. Hopefully somebody had the presence of mind to save this stuff, if it existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missTaken16