Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have I missed? I know she's had all her commissary etc taken away. Anything new on juror 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juror 17 and her husband are coming out of hiding for their lives and will be doing an interview with local media today. JA has had commissary, calls, and visits taken away until she's taken away to Perryville.

http://bluesharp1911.wix.com/courtchatter#!jodi-arias-pretrial-hearing-10062014/c1bdz

I listened to pretty much the entire pre-trial hearing that was posted earlier.

I heard them banter back and forth and discuss what would be entered and what wouldn't. I heard Judge Stephens jump in there and discuss what she would allow and what she wouldn't. It seemed like a pretty thorough back and forth conversation.

Of course this is only one pre-trial hearing among probably many. It appears they got a lot of things discussed and taken care of during these hearings.

So............why all the sidebars ?? Why was more time chewed up in a day on sidebars than on actual testimony ?

Each day started with a sidebar, each day ended with a sidebar, and it appeared sometimes they had a sidebar to discuss when the next sidebar would be.

I don't get it.
They also had several pre-sidebars to discuss the sidebar about when the next sidebar would be.

Latest BK video says the sentencing will not be moved up to March 30 due to scheduling conflicts

Juror 17 and her husband are coming out of hiding for their lives and will be doing an interview with local media today. JA has had commissary, calls, and visits taken away until she's taken away to Perryville.

Oh that should be good! Not like she's going to admit hanging the jury deliberately :sigh:

Oh that should be good! Not like she's going to admit hanging the jury deliberately :sigh:

I will watch it. Looking for: body language between husband and wife, which one dominates the interview, the expression on his face when 17 is talking. For content....if there was an actual agenda, other than $$ or 15 minutes of fame this will be the time they'll trot it out.

My guess is that 17 will be asked if she knew JM and she'll refuse to reply based on advice of her counsel. And yeah, she is surely going to say she felt bullied by the 11 and that she was just trying to do her duty in good faith. That part is inevitable.

This could get interesting, this is where they try to get to know the jurors better, starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U72Ge4yQKSE @ 6 mins and Wilmott is talking, if Juror 132 / 17 pipes up I'll let you know and link the vid time stamped :)

i am finding this jury selection far more interesting than the trial which just makes me too angry to watch. i think juror 17 is 138 right? Or did I get that wrong? This is where based on questionaire has been read by attys and they have a chance to ask them specific questions. I assume that JM asks j17 some questions and this could be very interesting. Please anyone that sees part 2 of Oct. come online let us know.thanks.

What Juror 17 or 138 says or doesn't will not change the outcome. Whatever the court assistant said or didn't isn't going to change the verdict either. The person who murdered Travis Alexander has been convicted & will be sentenced. Indulging in the drama does nothing but keep it alive. Enough drama. Time to allow the victim to rest in peace & allow his family & friends to grieve.

Is there a photo of Janet, and what exactly are her responsibilities???? Was she in a position to influence JSS, or the first jury?

Is AZL coming back?

Sorry I missed your post y'day. I haven't found a pic of Janet W yet. While she did have contact with the jury, according to Tara Kelley, she wasn't well liked by jury # 1. I wouldn't worry about her influencing JSS. Nothing's gonna save CMJA from LWOP imo.

Apparently, there's a rumor only that J17 is going to speak to media tonight but unconfirmed.

What Juror 17 or 138 says or doesn't will not change the outcome. Whatever the court assistant said or didn't isn't going to change the verdict either. The person who murdered Travis Alexander has been convicted & will be sentenced. Indulging in the drama does nothing but keep it alive. Enough drama. Time to allow the victim to rest in peace & allow his family & friends to grieve.

I don't think anyone thinks it will change the outcome and most don't even want the outcome changed. However, people have been and will continue to be interested in this case, hence the reason for this message board. There have been a lot of new things that have came out after the trial and people want to discuss them. I'm not sure why you would come here if you are not interested in "indulging the drama".

I will watch it. Looking for: body language between husband and wife, which one dominates the interview, the expression on his face when 17 is talking. For content....if there was an actual agenda, other than $$ or 15 minutes of fame this will be the time they'll trot it out.

My guess is that 17 will be asked if she knew JM and she'll refuse to reply based on advice of her counsel. And yeah, she is surely going to say she felt bullied by the 11 and that she was just trying to do her duty in good faith. That part is inevitable.

JMO--She does hang around with a lot of felons. I am a little hopeful that her somewhat unusual choice in men gives her a bit of an odd take of the world around her. It would be great if her answers are lots of carefully splitting hairs combined with taking the 5th a time or two.

JMO--And the "bullying"? I find her using that term offensive. There are people who truly are bullied. I think she feels she had the right to do as much or as little as she chose in deliberations, and her choices were no one's business. I think she was annoyed with the criticism from the jurors that wanted to work hard on this case. She wasn't bullied. She was just entitled.

JMO--Respectfully, people who are ready to step away certainly should. I would encourage them to do so. People who would like to discuss various aspects of this case are well within their rights to do so.

I don't see thoughtful discussion as drama, but that is just my take.

I don't think anyone thinks it will change the outcome and most don't even want the outcome changed. However, people have been and will continue to be interested in this case, hence the reason for this message board. There have been a lot of new things that have came out after the trial and people want to discuss them. I'm not sure why you would come here if you are not interested in "indulging the drama".
I came here because I hope & pray for peace for TA's family. I witnessed the murder of my friend in a classroom at school when I was 15 years old.
20 something years on in the media- it's all still about the murderer.

JMO--Respectfully, people who are ready to step away certainly should. I would encourage them to do so. People who would like to discuss various aspects of this case are well within their rights to do so.

I don't see thoughtful discussion as drama, but that is just my take.

Agreed. Time for me to step away.

I came here because I hope & pray for peace for TA's family. I witnessed the murder of my friend in a classroom at school when I was 15 years old.

JMO--I think most (if not all) here hope and pray for peace for TA's family and friends. I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. That experience would be understandably traumatic. Events like that can sometimes be triggering and painful for years after. I wish you peace.

I apologize. I'm very sorry for your loss and what you've been through.

So....JSS is saying the deputy is a liar? Figures

No, the judicial assistant denied saying those numerous things, that she was either misheard or taken out of context. JSS did say she wanted the exchange put on the record even though it was a she said/she said incident. IMOO, JSS felt there was validity in the bailiff's claims, just no concrete proof.

OT

Robert Durst was arrested in New Orleans on a warrant out of Los Angeles county

Thanks for this. I saw on Foxnews last night that they were sure this was going to happen. What a psycho he is.

If JSS was seriously concerned about what her assistant said or didn't say, she could have brought in & questioned the 1st foreman under oath. That was not something to just leave up to whether or not the accused person admitted it, IMO. No guarantee the foreman would have been truthful, but he might have been and it would at least show JSS was serious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419