MO - 2 police officers shot in Ferguson (not from Ferguson Police Department)

If you are perpetuating hate, the hate keeps flowing.
I see a lot of hate flowing in this thread. JMO

The horrible behavior that is going on in Ferguson is what "perpetuates the hate". You can be sure plenty of people have "woken up" after watching what has gone on in that city for 6+ months.

You may think everyone should try to placate the trouble makers and sympathize with their complaints but in reality that is not what happens; when people see that behavior many simply decide they don't want to live around humans that act like that.

Maybe I am naive. But what I believe.. actually what I know with conviction, is that everybody does the best that they can given the circumstances of their lives at any given moment.

If you can come to believe that, you will have a whole new compassion for your fellow human beings even if you don't agree with how they live or the choices they make.

Things will only get better when we reach a critical mass of people who have an inherent compassion for all other human beings. It will be the ultimate "tipping point". And it has already begun. It is just a matter of how long it will take and how many catastrophes we have to suffer through before we get there. JMO

Well I admire your positivity. But I know, from following the many cases here, that everybody DOES NOT do the best they can given their circumstances. Not by a longshot, imo. And I am sorry but I have no compassion for a big strong lunk shoving around a little old shopkeeper just so he could steal some blunt wraps for his own pleasure. He wasn't stealing baby formula for a hungry child, FGS.

Katydid I agree with everything you said except that I think MB's death was the catalyst to the extreme reactions. He was not a hero. But I don't hate him. And I don't think that he should have died by LE. His family seems to think that they are more relevant than they are.................this shooting had nothing to do with MB, in my mind. So I wish they would just butt out. There is no excuse for this shooting incident. JMO

Katydid I agree with everything you said except that I think MB's death was the catalyst to the extreme reactions. He was not a hero. But I don't hate him. And I don't think that he should have died by LE. His family seems to think that they are more relevant than they are.................this shooting had nothing to do with MB, in my mind. So I wish they would just butt out. There is no excuse for this shooting incident. JMO

I don't hate MB either. Never have. But I do hate what has evolved from his own personal bad choices. And I am sorry, but I do think his death was justified. The blood evidence shows a specific trail of him turning back and advancing on the cop. He had the right to stop the threat. Once a cop has had a stuggle for his own life, no reason he has to allow it to continue if the perp starts to come back at him. I bet you would shoot if it was you holding the gun and a 6ft3 angry suspect was yelling and coming back at you. JMO

The horrible behavior that is going on in Ferguson is what "perpetuates the hate". You can be sure plenty of people have "woken up" after watching what has gone on in that city for 6+ months.

You may think everyone should try to placate the trouble makers and sympathize with their complaints but in reality that is not what happens; when people see that behavior many simply decide they don't want to live around humans that act like that.

Two things
1) You are right. That is not what happens. And look at where we are? That is my point.
2) You have no choice but to live around humans. The mistake you are making is the "us vs. them" mentality. The truth is there is only "us".

I don't hate MB either. Never have. But I do hate what has evolved from his own personal bad choices. And I am sorry, but I do think his death was justified. The blood evidence shows a specific trail of him turning back and advancing on the cop. He had the right to stop the threat. Once a cop has had a stuggle for his own life, no reason he has to allow it to continue if the perp starts to come back at him. I bet you would shoot if it was you holding the gun and a 6ft3 angry suspect was yelling and coming back at you. JMO

The blood trail may show that he was already shot at that point, as some witnesses described. But that is besides the point. This isn't about Mike Brown. Never was. It was just the catalyst. People already harboured these feeling long before Mike Brown was ever heard of.

The point is, as long as we continue to hate each other, bad things are gonna happen AND they are going to likely get worse. These are just the whispers. Wait until we hear Mother Nature start screaming.

STOP HATING EACH OTHER

It really is that simple.

bbm:
I try very hard to keep myself informed, but have to admit I'm not sure what an Obamaphone is, and have no idea about free internet. I would like to know so I can look this up and read about it.

:confused:

Wasn't worth my time to google, but the youtube was certainly interesting.

:dunno:Well, you said that you would be interested in knowing ..

:waitasec: Did you just want someone to give you the links?

:doh: Oh, so sorry, I misunderstood.

:sheesh:

:D

I think most here will agree that it is NOT about race. It's about lifestyle choices. It's about being a decent human being and about accepting responsibility for your own choices. Remember the rioting, looting, burning buildings, blocking traffic, and harassing drivers? All the threats made to officers and their families? Let's not forget the theft from the store, the assault of the employee, the refusal to get off the road, AND assaulting an officer and trying to take his gun! If anyone can believe any of that was done by people doing the best they can then please say hi to the unicorns for me! It's been a long time since I visited that fantasy land.

Well I admire your positivity. But I know, from following the many cases here, that everybody DOES NOT do the best they can given their circumstances. Not by a longshot, imo. And I am sorry but I have no compassion for a big strong lunk shoving around a little old shopkeeper just so he could steal some blunt wraps for his own pleasure. He wasn't stealing baby formula for a hungry child, FGS.

This is such an excellent point. All you have to do is read the various forums here to know that there are many people who live only to satisfy their own desires. Many crimes are committed by people who believe that the end justifies the means and will do whatever it takes to avoid consequences for their own bad choices.

Sometimes people like this will respond when compassion is shown to them, but that is not always the case. I have to look no further than my own family to know it's true. Sometimes people will respond to compassion and generosity by lying to you, stealing from you, and blaming anyone and everyone but themselves when they don't get what they want from life.

JMO

I think most here will agree that it is NOT about race. It's about lifestyle choices. It's about being a decent human being and about accepting responsibility for your own choices. Remember the rioting, looting, burning buildings, blocking traffic, and harassing drivers? All the threats made to officers and there families? Let's not forget the theft from the store, the assault of the employee, the refusal to get off the road, AND assaulting an officer and trying to take his gun! If anyone can believe any of that was done by people doing the best they can then please say hi to the unicorns for me! It's been a long time since I visited that fantasy land.

And it also could be said that this is about Social Structuralists vs Progressive Marxists...if anyone is compelled to study our quandary from an academic focus.

Moo

Still NOTHING about the investigation? I hope the FBI is on this. JMO

Without the perp bragging about what he has done I doubt that anything will be done to catch them. JMO

Just heard on Fox News Channel they have arrested someone in this shooting. PC @ 1:30 Mo. time.

So glad to hear this. On Fox they just said the gun was recovered too. Good news so it is probably the right suspect.

Hmmm. Who is Jeffrey Williams?Anyone heard of him?
JMO

If I were Jeffrey Williams, I would say I was shooting at ANYONE but the cops too. Please.

They are still investigating and don't really believe his story.

Weapon recovered.

He IS a demonstrator and was out there that night and other nights. #Fact

FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 3m3 minutes ago
Williams charged with two counts of first-degree assault, firing a weapon from a vehicle, and three of armed criminal action.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw
Back