Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I listened to Troy H. he stated not even her Mother could visit. Only her Legal Team. Sorry I dont have the link handy.

I believe that was in Arpaio's press release. No visitation of any form except by legal team.

The video from the ex-corrections agent says any money Jodi has will be diverted to pay for her "rent" in prison. This includes salary, accounts, income from art..... There is also restitution for the Alexanders.

Maybe Jodi just found out that her schemes to hide money will not do anything of the sort.

So she won't have commissary money?

I believe that was in Arpaio's press release. No visitation of any form except by legal team.

Yes it was there as well. Troy's spot was just a confirmation for me that even Mom was not allowed. I wonder if her Team has been in communication with her since this came down.

Hubby fell asleep so no Breaking Bad viewing tonight. Guess I'll hang here for a bit.

I think the ban from all visitation, video and otherwise combined with the realization that the next time she gets off the prison bus in less than a month- it will be at the destination where she will never leave until she dies- may have been enough to upset her enough to send her off the rails into restraints (if true)
And if her defense team also said there may be problems with her money

I have been saying all along that I believe there are problems with her money and that it is not in fact protected. A trust account to benefit Jodi (i.e. one where someone else couldn't just help themselves to the money) would have Jodi's name on it. No problem at all for investigators to find an account titled in this way. IIRC, OJ would have had his money taken away if it was in trust. He had it put into an annuity. He also kept his house, which he had newly bought in Florida. Under Florida law, presumably, OJ was able to use these two provisions to sock his wealth away and not have to use it for restitution.

The OJ experience tells me Jodi is getting very bad "legal" advice if she thinks a trust will protect her resources. This is IMO (I used to work in financial services).

Plus, now Jodi has been caught overtly trying to shelter money in advance of her trip to Perryville. She also has no opportunity to communicate further with anyone who is handling her funds before the white bus with slit windows hauls her away.

Also, if JA wants any access to this money (e.g. for commissary), presumably it would have to be reported to prison authorities. Using a counter example, if a person has to report owning a trust account in order to get Medicaid or any kind of state-provided low-income benefits, you can almost guarantee that a prisoner would be subject to that kind of rigor. Too much money in trust (>$2,000?), means no Medicaid or low-income benefits. I can't think JA can get herself a more privileged financial position than an honest person of limited means who is going through a rough patch.

PS I hope MDLR gets a come uppance for helping Jodi shelter her funds.

Nope, that's the area across from the units.
PVL2.jpg

The triangular shaped buildings are the cells, Lumley unit is the one in the lower left hand corner. It used to be called "San Juan" when the prison was a medium, minimum security men's prison. The rectangular buildings housed vehicles, repair areas, and work sites.

Yep 10 p.m. Eastern. I'll hang here a bit but heading shortly to watch Seasons of Breaking Bad up until The Royals.

Bravo, that would be aired at 1:00 a.m. We are now 3 hours ahead of Arizona time.

during the jury selection process Nurmi had a standing objection on the record...he did not see any need to dismiss jurors who did not speak English...just shows how out of touch he really is...also they had some just plain no shows and he also did not want them dismissed? JSS would just look at him and dismiss them anyway over his objections. JM just looked so fed up with all of it...there is a breaking point for everyone when dealing with someone like Nurmi and also willmott.

I agree, I truly believe that she was a monster when she entered the criminal justice system, and the special treatment of her has only fed this monster and her sense of entitlement, which up until Arpaio called her on her shizit, has not been challenged so rage was absolutely bound to come spewing out once she was held accountable in any way. If she did have a "breakdown", it was a rage filled explosion not the meltdown of mentally ill person IMO.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were forced to use other measures to control (tasers or pepper spray) her in order to get her physically restrained JMHO which is based on my experience in providing contract psych services in correctional settings for decades. FWIW they know how dangerous inmates like her type are, so they will have video documentation of any and all incidences with her to protect the innocent from false allegations of abuse.

BBM--Can you tell me a little more about this--did her DT make statements about her and money?

Maybe they'd giver her a shot (or two or three) as well? Then they can control her for hours or days or weeks. On the grounds she's a danger to herself?

I guess her crew can't work well without direction from JA. jmo

That or they're suffering from drama withdrawal symptoms.

They're also running out of new material to rant and spew about, so maybe they're manufacting the drama to create that material.

Her way of speaking is so bizarre. guess I had blocked the memory of how truly freaky it was in trial part one. I think those 18 days gave me a little PTSD! :gaah:
It is so NOT NORMAL the way the she is so *(&^@#& chatty and matter-of-fact. She talks about people that she surely BARELY knew as if they were her dear friends. She glommed onto Travis so hard and took on his life as her own the minute she set her sights on him. SO DANG WEIRD.
Look, I KNOW this is old news, but seeing a FEW MINUTES of it in one of the secret testimony videos has given me a full-blown FLASHBACK! :scared:
NO ONE normal could watch her on the stand and not see that she is one scary, sick gal.
I need a long bath to scrub away the ickness of her demeanor, the filth of he lies and the taint of her evilness... :laughing:

I am another PTSD data point here. I turned it off after she said that whacked out thing about taking something away from her victims' family. She has no clue what remorse looks like.

It was very interesting to hear and see everything up to that point. Juan's memory for obscure case law is amazing.

So, there is a 25 year employee that runs the show and is partial to defendant and MDLR....per former jury member. Just wow.

No wonder JSS can't control her courtroom, how embarrassing.

Bravo, that would be aired at 1:00 a.m. We are now 3 hours ahead of Arizona time.

Thanks. I know I entered the fog LOL Been awake since 5:30 so...... Sorry for all the confusion. Usually I'm on top with time zones having Family in a few different one's.I'm confusing myself today. So 1 a.m. is def. a no go for me.

I wasn't going to post due to the copy and pasting of some of our members to Twitter accounts.
I've changed my mind because I don't want to feel fear and I have nothing to hide.
I think that most of us can agree that something(s) have/has happened in the 2nd penalty phase of the premeditated murder of Travis.
Something dark, dank, dirty, illegal, unprofessional, dishonest etc...involving the tippy top of the list of people that have been intimately involved with this trial.

For now, I am going to post about the 2nd penalty phase, because I am easily confused.
(I do, however; enjoy the information shared about the guilt phase and 1st penalty phase of this trial.)

My question is this: what I can do about it?
I know it is against TOS to put links to petitions' and whatnot and I completely understand why.
I am stunned about the (non)verdict. I am stunned about the information that has come to light regarding juror 17.
I am not unhappy with the verdict, but I am very alarmed about the vote, the holdout juror, as I've stated the information that has come out about the holdout juror.
Is there nothing I can do?
If I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that something illegal has occurred, is it not my duty to act?
I feel as though I must do something, but I don't even know where to start.

please pardon spelling, grammar and my poorly written post, I am not good at conveying what is in my mind into words.
The best thing to do right now imo is to watch for facts to emerge from the background of rumor. Once there are hard facts, a course of action based upon them will be clearer.

I have been saying all along that I believe there are problems with her money and that it is not in fact protected. A trust account to benefit Jodi (i.e. one where someone else couldn't just help themselves to the money) would have Jodi's name on it. No problem at all for investigators to find an account titled in this way. IIRC, OJ would have had his money taken away if it was in trust. He had it put into an annuity. He also kept his house, which he had newly bought in Florida. Under Florida law, presumably, OJ was able to use these two provisions to sock his wealth away and not have to use it for restitution.

The OJ experience tells me Jodi is getting very bad "legal" advice if she thinks a trust will protect her resources. This is IMO (I used to work in financial services).

Plus, now Jodi has been caught overtly trying to shelter money in advance of her trip to Perryville. She also has no opportunity to communicate further with anyone who is handling her funds before the white bus with slit windows hauls her away.

Also, if JA wants any access to this money (e.g. for commissary), presumably it would have to be reported to prison authorities. Using a counter example, if a person has to report owning a trust account in order to get Medicaid or any kind of state-provided low-income benefits, you can almost guarantee that a prisoner would be subject to that kind of rigor. Too much money in trust (>$2,000?), means no Medicaid or low-income benefits. I can't think JA can get herself a more privileged financial position than an honest person of limited means who is going through a rough patch.

PS I hope MDLR gets a come uppance for helping Jodi shelter her funds.

It's not necessarily true that a trust to help JA would have her name on it per se.

From what I can gather, the trust being referred to is the infamous "Appellate" fund. A trust could theoretically have been set up in such a way that it is not in her name, and executors put in place to dispense funds on her behalf without her participation.

From personal experience I know that trusts involving real assets are fairly complicated. I doubt the Appellate fund was set up very well, and from the hints that have been floating about for months, trust deposits and dispersals probably won't hold up to legal scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls