Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way TH would report something like that just because JA told him to.

I remember hearing him, in one of those web casts, say that shaking her hand was like shaking a child's hand, but he didn't say child-sized hand. Has he reported that her hands are small on more than that occasion?

Troy recently said (I think it may have been in a tweet, but not really sure) that he could not believe how tiny her hands are, that they are smaller than his 13-year-old daughter's hands. A group of us here on WS were like... huh? Comments have been made here throughout both trials about her very large hands. For him to say that out of the blue like that was...really weird.

So, regarding another post mentioning Ryan Owens interview...is he the one who got the post-verdict interview, not Troy? If so, then Ryan is, IMO, the better reporter on this case. (Maybe that question has been answered already; I have not read all of this morning's posts yet, just wonder if I was mistaken and it was not Troy who showed her in jail stripes after promising not to.)

My opinion right now is the trial is over and I can't see anyone kowtowing to the killer for ratings or anything else. There must be other, more pertinent news to report. I'd like to see her sentenced, then taken away and not ever interviewed again.

Respectfully snipped for focus

Thanks for the post Shadowboy. I did not know about this. Could you direct me to the place/info where I can read about her grandfather, TIA

Oh golly. I can't remember where I read that, but I know it was from a reliable source. Maybe an excerpt from a book? I THINK
I read it in Shanna Hogan's book, "Picture Perfect." (I don't own the book, but I googled a preview of it.)

JA's now deceased G-pa actually went to (whatever) restaurant and got JA's timecards, only to discover JA had quit her job on May 31st.

Can any other posters help me out here?

Oh golly. I can't remember where I read that, but I know it was from a reliable source. Maybe an excerpt from a book? I THINK
I read it in Shanna Hogan's book, "Picture Perfect." (I don't own the book, but I googled a preview of it.)

JA's now deceased G-pa actually went to (whatever) restaurant and got JA's timecards, only to discover JA had quit her job on May 31st.

Can any other posters help me out here?

I thought it was in a narrative of one of the police reports that was published not too long ago. Will look for it...

eta: it was JVM's book. Excerpt here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Arias-Alexander-forum&p=11446854#post11446854

Obviously interviewing skills will differ, agree. TH isn't telling half truths about JA because he works for fox was my point. I have watched him daily for a while now and he has explained why he does what he does and how it has worked for him. One can like him or hate him, but judging him as telling partial truths for working for FOX was simply a digg which obviously couldn't be left unsaid. While I don't agree with the statement, I did have a laugh at it. Such a trendy thing to do these days.

I'll take Ryan Owens over TH any day. This is what a reporter should be. Skeptical, questioning, not throwing softballs so a manipulative murderer will still "talk" to him. I'll take a "hater" any day of the week. Objective and not pandering for more stories.
[video=youtube;-gjmW7s4veM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gjmW7s4veM[/video]

I'll take Ryan Owens over TH any day. This is what a reporter should be. Skeptical, questioning, not throwing softballs so a manipulative murderer will still "talk" to him. I'll take a "hater" any day of the week. Objective and not pandering for more stories.
[video=youtube;-gjmW7s4veM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gjmW7s4veM[/video]
"Cant you grow out your hair on Death Row and donate it?" [emoji41]

Troy recently said (I think it may have been in a tweet, but not really sure) that he could not believe how tiny her hands are, that they are smaller than his 13-year-old daughter's hands. A group of us here on WS were like... huh? Comments have been made here throughout both trials about her very large hands. For him to say that out of the blue like that was...really weird.

So, regarding another post mentioning Ryan Owens interview...is he the one who got the post-verdict interview, not Troy? If so, then Ryan is, IMO, the better reporter on this case. (Maybe that question has been answered already; I have not read all of this morning's posts yet, just wonder if I was mistaken and it was not Troy who showed her in jail stripes after promising not to.)

My opinion right now is the trial is over and I can't see anyone kowtowing to the killer for ratings or anything else. There must be other, more pertinent news to report. I'd like to see her sentenced, then taken away and not ever interviewed again.

Troy got the one & only interview with the killer-20 min. after the guilty verdict. Set up with the killer beforehand, she was communicating with him.

After the mistrial-remember she held a media party at the jail for about 6 hrs? Reporters were lining up. Ryan Owens was one on her 'approved' media list. He was the only reporter that asked her the hard questions & showed her no pity. "Why are you talking, no one believes what you say", 'what happened in that bathroom?, oh, you're going to stick to that story". She said "I didn't know you were a hater". She then tweeted, "Beware of reporters with a nice smile". Something like that.

I don't know, those don't look like tiny fingers to me:

ja12215.jpg

I still think it looks like she's fixing to pull off her 'normal girl' mask to reveal the awfulness underneath.

I thought it was in a narrative of one of the police reports that was published not too long ago. Will look for it...

eta: it was JVM's book. Excerpt here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Arias-Alexander-forum&p=11446854#post11446854

I kept looking and this story is also in Shanna Hogan's book on page 234. IIRC JVM allegedly ripped off Shanna's research (SH asserted this during an interview with Trish on True Crime Radio) ... So, no surprise the story shows up in both books!

The 13 year-old must have very large hands indeed..... Maybe someone needs to send TH some photos of hands, starting with the one in the falls where Jodi has her hands around TA's neck trying to make him look at the camera. All the while, she barely has her nipples covered in that oh-not-so-Mormon swim getup.

Ryan is the better reporter because he got JA off her game enough for her to get pi**ed and sneer "I didn't know you were a hater". THAT's when her true self came out.

Kudos to Ryan. Only problem is that was the last interview she gave him. Troy needs to get one big interview where he pushes all her buttons at once...and makes her blow.

Troy got the one & only interview with the killer-20 min. after the guilty verdict. Set up with the killer beforehand, she was communicating with him.

After the mistrial-remember she held a media party at the jail for about 6 hrs? Reporters were lining up. Ryan Owens was one on her 'approved' media list. He was the only reporter that asked her the hard questions & showed her no pity. "Why are you talking, no one believes what you say", 'what happened in that bathroom?, oh, you're going to stick to that story". She said "I didn't know you were a hater". She then tweeted, "Beware of reporters with a nice smile". Something like that.

I don't believe all those media interviews in 2013 were after the mistrial. IIRC, they were all after the guilty verdict. That was one of the reasons they were so bizarre and such a big FU from Jodi. Then, immediately after that, her attorneys wanted off the case.

Ryan was the only one that didn't pander to her narcissitic demands... that is why he was the "hater". Everyone else fell all over her ego to get to talk to her. Ryan knew what she had to say wasn't worth the air it took to express it. If the rest were like him, she'd have no outlet for her sociopathy. I really don't care what she has to say anymore, so I don't necessarily respect walking that "fine line" to keep communication with her open. I'd much rather she just fade away and not be on anyone's speed dial.

I would be happy if a reporter from any network would follow up on the things asserted in the examiner article. ANY network.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

guess who got a jury citation this morning. my first reaction was :sigh:

i can't go anyway but opened it and it was for the high court which is murders etc im quite annoyed i can't attend now,always been curious what its like to be on a jury.

completely different over here when you are called for a jury. we just turn up on the day and there may be another 40 people there,your name gets put into a glass jar and picked at random.

I don't believe all those media interviews in 2013 were after the mistrial. IIRC, they were all after the guilty verdict. That was one of the reasons they were so bizarre and such a big FU from Jodi. Then, immediately after that, her attorneys wanted off the case.

Well, Troy's interview was in the holding cell right at the courthouse on 5/8/13.
The rest of the media interviews were done at the jail on 5/23/13 after this mistrial. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...declares-mistrial-hung-jury-article-1.1353197 From the article "That night, Arias gave a series of media interviews from jail, telling reporters out about her many fights with her legal team and her belief that she "deserves a second chance at freedom someday."
If the media blitz wasn't after the mistrial, it may have been while the jury was deliberating her sentence. But it wasn't the same day that Troy interviewed her. However, I do think Troy interviewed her again during the whole group media interviews at the later date.

Obviously interviewing skills will differ, agree. TH isn't telling half truths about JA because he works for fox was my point. I have watched him daily for a while now and he has explained why he does what he does and how it has worked for him. One can like him or hate him, but judging him as telling partial truths for working for FOX was simply a digg which obviously couldn't be left unsaid. While I don't agree with the statement, I did have a laugh at it. Such a trendy thing to do these days.

Thank you for your post. This is one of the few places I thought I could come to and not have to hear/read FOX bashing. To each his/her own and all that but can we please leave subtle/not subtle bashing of news stations out of this? Obviously if someone is bashing one particular station you're pretty much bringing politics into something that has nothing to do with Travis or CMJA.
Not intending in ANY way to stir up trouble, I respect everyone's choice to watch what they want, like what they want, you know, all those freedoms we're supposed to have here in the USA. I just respectfully ask if we can not, for example, bash TH's reporting skills (or anyone else's) because of the station he works for.

JMHO :tyou:

PS: Sorry if I offended anyone, not my intention at all, but in my defense, it kinda offends me to see TH's reporting skills based on where he works. And yes, I do watch FOX, because I want to and it's my right to watch what I want. :truce:

Ryan was the only one that didn't pander to her narcissitic demands... that is why he was the "hater". Everyone else fell all over her ego to get to talk to her. Ryan knew what she had to say wasn't worth the air it took to express it. If the rest were like him, she'd have no outlet for her sociopathy. I really don't care what she has to say anymore, so I don't necessarily respect walking that "fine line" to keep communication with her open. I'd much rather she just fade away and not be on anyone's speed dial.

Adding to that, Ryan was also the only one to intentionally disregard her demand to be shown only from the waist up (no stripes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dorsa50