Former member
Reaction score
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14004517.htm
PHOTOS OF VICTIMS AT LINK

Eight died at the hands of John Robinson

By TONY RIZZO
The Kansas City Star

Suzette Trouten

She was lured to Kansas by the promise of a dream life. Instead, Trouten’s journey came to a nightmarish end in the web of John Robinson’s deceit.

A shared interest in bondage and domination brought them together on the Internet.

Trouten, a 27-year-old Michigan resident, expressed ambition for a health-care career. Robinson offered her a $65,000 job caring for his elderly father and asked her to accompany them on an around-the-world cruise.

In the spring of 2000 she packed a rented trailer and drove to Kansas.

He had her sign blank pieces of paper and pre-address envelopes to her family. They would be so busy on their trip that they would have little time to write, he explained.

Her letters, typed except for the signatures, began arriving at family members’ homes with postmarks from California and Mexico. It was all a charade, investigators later discovered.

She already was dead, even as suspicious members of Trouten’s family filed a missing person report and gave police the first clues they needed to end Robinson’s murderous run.

The investigation led to Robinson’s farm property in Linn County, Kan., where police found Trouten’s body in a sealed 85-gallon barrel next to one containing the body of Izabela Lewicka.

Two days later, three other women’s bodies in similar barrels were found in a Raymore storage locker Robinson had rented. Authorities also linked him to three other young women who disappeared in the 1980s. Their bodies were never found.

Paula Godfrey

Godfrey, 19, of Olathe, disappeared in 1984. She was last seen after supposedly going to Texas for a job-training program through Robinson.

Lisa Stasi

Stasi, 19, disappeared in 1985 along with her infant daughter. Robinson recruited her for a job-training program. A relative of Robinson raised Stasi’s baby, believing the adoption Robinson arranged was legal.

Catherine Clampitt

Clampitt, 27, vanished in 1987 after moving to the Kansas City area from Texas. She reportedly met Robinson through a newspaper help-wanted ad.

Beverly Bonner

Bonner, 49, last had contact with her family in 1992. She worked as a librarian at the prison in Cameron, Mo., while Robinson served time there for financial crimes. Her body was found in the Raymore locker.

Sheila and Debbie Faith

Sheila Faith, 45, and her daughter Debbie Faith, 15, met Robinson through online personal ads and moved here from Colorado in 1994. Authorities believe he killed them shortly afterward, but for six years their Social Security checks were cashed after being sent to an Olathe post office box Robinson rented. Their bodies were found in Raymore.

Izabela Lewicka

She also met Robinson online and moved from Indiana in 1997. She disappeared in 1999 when she was 21. She told some people that she and Robinson were married and others knew her as an employee of Robinson’s.

PonderingThings said:
A shared interest in bondage and domination brought them together on the Internet.
I believe that this monster used the nickname of "Dungeonmaster" on bondage sites (if anyone is familiar with this fact, please correct me if I am wrong).

The significance of the following only became evident to me in subsequent years, so some of the details are sketchy, but:

In the early-to-mid ninties, I met a woman who was active in internet bondage sites - she was a "submissive". She was very open about her lifestyle, and during one discussion she said the only time she felt threatened while meeting people for bondage sessions was the one time she went to Kansas City and was held captive for about a week by someone who's nickname was "Dungeonmaster". She eventually somehow got away and immediately left KC for her home on the West Coast. Keep in mind that this was early-to-mid ninties, before this monster was discovered, so she could not have read about this in the media and made up a story like this.

I have often wondered if this was the same guy. If I ever cross paths with this woman, I would be interested to see if I have remembered the details correctly and she was the "lucky" one to have escaped this .

Chilling isn't it!

There are so many monsters out there! At least this "man" didn't kill the child... but it made me think... how many children have been "adopted" that even the adopted parents don't know what really happened!

Good point. I can't wait for the DNA on those two arrested in Alabama. I think some parent somewhere will get resolve.

John's case is up for appeal this week with the Kansas Supreme Court.

Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
John E. Robinson, of Olathe, received death penalty in 2003

http://cjonline.com/news/2015-03-23/court-consider-convicted-killers-appeal

I had forgotten about this case until I saw a show last week on the ID channel about it. John Robinson was a very creepy person. I didn't belong to WS back then and it doesn't look like his case got much attention.

There is no clear evidence linking Kansas City-area serial killer John E. Robinson Sr. to a woman’s body found in a barrel earlier this month in Iowa, investigators say.

But there are enough similarities to raise questions.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14605710.htm

Does anybody know who the lady in the barrel was?

I checked Doe and NamUS and there are only two (on each) UID females found in Iowa and none from 2006. So I take it she was ID'ed.

Does anybody know who the lady in the barrel was?

I checked Doe and NamUS and there are only two (on each) UID females found in Iowa and none from 2006. So I take it she was ID'ed.
In 2006 the body of a young woman was found in a barrel in an area of rural Iowa where Robinson reportedly had a business partner. The identity of the victim—whose remains, forensics experts say, could have been in the barrel for 20 years or more—and Robinson's possible involvement, remain open questions. [Wiki]

Complicated case against Kansas serial killer turns into complicated appeal 12 years later

TOPEKA, Kan. — One of the longest, most complicated cases ever to be prosecuted in Kansas returned to the Kansas Supreme Court on Tuesday, as convicted murderer John Robinson’s attorneys appealed his convictions and death sentences for the murders of two of the women he killed.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/03/24/compli...turns-into-complicated-appeal-12-years-later/

Kansas Supreme Court upholds John Robinson death penalty conviction

TOPEKA, KS (KCTV/AP) -
The Kansas Supreme Court upheld the death sentence for a convicted serial killer on Friday who trolled the Internet for female victims, sometimes using promises of work or sex, and stuffed some of their bodies into barrels on his rural property.

The ruling in the case of John E. Robinson Sr. — accused of killing seven women and a teenage girl in Kansas and Missouri — marked the first time that Kansas' high court has upheld a death sentence since the state reinstated capital punishment in 1994.

Read more: http://www.kctv5.com/story/30456258...binson-death-penalty-conviction#ixzz3qket3Ze2

Thank goodness they didn't buy his story. imo

Internet’s First Serial Killer “The Slavemester”

Lived in an affluent neighborhood; a churchgoing family man, successful businessman and community activist.
In reality, a sadomasochistic monster, who lured his victims under a sinister nickname “Slavemaster” in BDSM-related chatrooms and forums.
A cunning con artist, who made a small fortune with a bogus hydroponics business, while storing his victims in 55-gallon metal barrels across his properties.

Just like many other serial killers, in his community, John Edward Robinson was known as a charming family man with successful businesses, four children, and loving wife. Authorities knew Robinson as a cunning con artist, who was convicted several times starting from manipulating checks and deposits to stealing goods. But no one suspected the affluent neighborhood activist was a sadomasochistic monster who lured vulnerable women to become his personal slaves and then storing their dead bodies in 55-gallon metal barrels.

[...]

In 1984, Robinson hired 19-year-old Paula Godfrey to work as a sales representative for one of his fraudulent shell companies. The friends and family of Godfrey believed that she was sent to a training course in Texas but never heard from again. When her parents filed a missing person report, police briefly questioned Robinson, who denied any knowledge of her whereabouts.

A few days later her parents received a letter written with typewriter thanking Mr. Robinson for the help, asserting that she was well and didn’t want to see her family. With Godfrey’s authentic signature at the bottom.

Because Godfrey was a grown-up, had every right not to be wanted to be contacted by her family, and no foul play was suspected, the investigation stopped. The whereabouts of Paula Godfrey are unknown til this day.

paula-godfrey.jpg

Much, much more at the link

https://www.bizarrepedia.com/slavemaster/

(Not MSM, but a comprehensive collection b of facts, background, and photos.)

[video]https://youtu.be/Q7wP9bzf3YQ[/video]

Daughter of serial killer's victim wins $5 billion judgment
Saturday, May 26, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A 22-year-old woman has won a $5 billion judgment against the serial killer who murdered her mother and arranged for her adoption by his own unwitting brother.
The judgment is intended to ensure that John E. Robinson Sr. -- convicted of killing eight women in two states -- will never profit from his crimes through a book or movie, Jackson County Circuit Judge Thomas Clark said in announcing the award Thursday.

Robinson's life. Lots of detail. Published in 2013.

(Warning: starts off with a graphic paragraph about his BDSM activities.)

Then:

This story presents the case against Robinson as reflected in a three-month Vanity Fair investigation, which includes detailed evidence gathered by Kansas and Missouri prosecutors and law-enforcement officers and set forth in court.

He was a pathological liar, a thief and a con man before he advanced to murder.

Read on:http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2001/06/jr-robinson-serial-killer

October 4, 2019 watching the 20/20 tv show now.

I don't think I had heard about this horrible serial murderer before. I'm watching the 20/20 Show about him now. I can't believe how this man deceived so many women and the extent of his evilness.

That photo of him holding the baby (Tiffany Stasi) he gave to his brother to adopt after killing the mother! Groan, in a way I wish I had not heard about this evil monster.

They showed him being arrested at 56, and look at him...little short pudgy guy.

Last edited:
I'm getting sick as they show the farm and the two barrels being opened. Then they went to that storage unit and found three more barrels with bodies inside.

Sheila and Debbie Faith, mother and daughter, disappeared, but for years later, John Robinson pulled $80,000 from their mailbox containing their small government checks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back