TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

DeGuerin response to latest "link"
"He's an easy target right now. Next it will be Jimmy Hoffa"

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-judgeqa-20150323-story.html#page=1

I would read Susan Berman's murder mystery books — I think they have clues in them. I would go to [Berman's stepson] Sareb Kaufman and look at that box [of Berman's possessions featured in "The Jinx"]. They need to look at that apartment and everything they can find. Leave no stone unturned.

There's things that they might have missed that now make more sense.

Corporation Wiki

15 Real Estate, LLC in Huntsville, TX

July 15 Real Estate, LLC filed as a Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the State of Texas on Monday, April 18, 2005 and is approximately ten years old, according to public records filed with Texas Secretary of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Monday, February 16, 2015.

Key People

Robert Durst serves as the Governing Person and has interests in other corporate entities including Kudzu, LLC

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Huntsville/july-15-real-estate-llc/36911476.aspx

From link... as usual with anything and everything with this guy, you can't make this chit up as to possible significance of July 15 Real Estate - and if someone did - no one would have believed it. Truth stranger than fiction.

In April 2005, when the LLC was founded, Durst was serving time in a New Jersey federal prison on gun charges related to his time on the run during the Morris Black murder investigation. His company could have taken its name for a reason: 15 July 2005 is the day Durst was last released from prison.

Legal people on TV say there probably will not be a prelim hearing on Apr. 2
The state will convene a grand jury to indict Durst before then and that means no prelim

Taking bets that Ms. Pirro will be put on the witness list just to keep her out of the courtroom next time round in LA (or in NOLAS if they have ten days to do it :giggle:)

Among his possessions, he also had a UPS tracking number. The package was later intercepted by the FBI, prosecutors said in court Monday.

It contained clothing and more than $100,000 in cash.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/23/us/robert-durst-investigation/

:thinking: :thinking: of WHO mailed that package. If they intercepted it, that would perhaps mean it was in transit at the time, so was sent when he was already in New Orleans.

I had not heard this before, that the week before Kathy went missing she told a neighbor that she wanted a divorce, and she wanted $200,000 (to help finish up medical school) but Bob said he would only give her $100,000 if she were to divorce him. And lo and behold, Durst put out an offer of $100,000 reward for information when she went missing. About 21:00 on the attached Vanity Fair Confidential video

[video=youtube;QWWODDhPUpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWWODDhPUpQ[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWWODDhPUpQ

:thinking: :thinking: of WHO mailed that package. If they intercepted it, that would perhaps mean it was in transit at the time, so was sent when he was already in New Orleans.

I'm assuming it was his wife.

Durst often mailed his iPad. He frequented a UPS store near his Houston condo

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/23/tracking-robert-durst-whats-he-still-hiding
Igor-Fayette Inc ceased its activities some time ago. WoofWoof is headquartered at the mansion Durst owns on Malcolm X Boulevard in Harlem, New York. Woofing’s registered address is a private mailbox at a UPS shipping store in a strip mall near downtown Houston, a 10-minute drive from his Robinhood condos. (Durst is a prolific user of private mailboxes; his name, and Woofing’s, is also associated with a mailbox on Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles.)

Employees at the UPS store told the Guardian that Durst visited the shipping outlet about three times per month – and had been visiting for more than eight years. Sometimes he would drive himself in a Smart car or Volkswagen Eos, one employee said; sometimes he was driven in a truck by a “bodyguard” whom another likened to the controversial rap mogul Suge Knight. On one occasion, a UPS employee said, Durst could be seen urinating outside; on another occasion, he tripped and fell over a rug inside the store.

Durst’s most recent visit to the UPS store linked to Woofing LLC and its PO box, the Houston employees said, was in the week leading up to The Jinx’s finale – and his arrest.

There was nothing unusual about having a private mailbox or how Robert Durst’s packages looked from the outside, the UPS employees said. But he did have an odd habit: Durst’s iPad would travel separately from him on long journeys. He would arrive at the UPS store, put down his iPad on the counter and ask the staff to ship it to wherever in the country he was travelling.

“Always shipped overnight so it’d be there before he got there,” a staff member told the Guardian.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/24/nyregion/durst-is-denied-bail-at-hearing-in-new-orleans.html?_r=0

When law enforcement agents confronted Mr. Durst at the hotel, Mr. O’Hern resumed in his testimony, they accompanied Mr. Durst to his room. There they conducted “an inventory,” Mr. O’Hern said, finding a fake Texas identification card, a valid passport, several bags of clothes, the revolver, several bags of marijuana and some rolled marijuana cigarettes, among various other things.

More critically for the prosecution, investigators found a brand-new cellphone, a map that included Florida and Cuba, a “flesh-toned” latex mask and around $45,000 in cash. They also found a sheet of paper with a tracking number for a UPS package, which, when it was seized, contained another $117,000.

Mr. Burton argued that this evidence, in addition to Mr. Durst’s history of flight and a degree of wealth that puts him “beyond the social contract,” should justify holding him without bail.

I've followed the Durst case closely since 2000 when Debrah Charatan married RD because I knew her in the 90s, have friends close to her ex, live in Westchester NY......so by the time The Jinx aired, I was pretty caught up. Aside from the shocking ending, one thing stood out to me. I captured a still from the documentary of the working blackboard. "Ransom Note" is listed. I've never once seen a reference to any such note in either 3 cases. Has anyone ever heard of a possible note?
2jte8sC.png

I remembered the name Susan Giordano from an article I read, because I thought he really does have a few friends.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/21/n...-personal-papers-used-by-filmmakers.html?_r=0

Only hours before the conclusion of an HBO documentary about Mr. Durst and the murders last Sunday, a State Police investigator, Joseph Becerra, arrived at the home of Susan T. Giordano in Campbell Hall, N.Y., to seize a trove of Mr. Durst’s private papers stored there.

Ms. Giordano said Mr. Becerra told her that she could release the material to him or he would obtain a search warrant and return. Ms. Giordano said she decided to let him have the documents.

http://t.today.com/news/robert-durst-was-tricked-jinx-filmmaker-lawyer-says-2D80566118

More from DeGuerin:

On Durst's competence to stand trial: "I believe he's competent,'' DeGuerin said. "He's not in good health. He's got some very serious health problems, but he's competent. He's not suicidal. Frankly, he's relieved to be able to finally get a chance to get into court on all these rumors that have been swirling around, if we can just get to court in California.''

I've followed the Durst case closely since 2000 when Debrah Charatan married RD because I knew her in the 90s, have friends close to her ex, live in Westchester NY......so by the time The Jinx aired, I was pretty caught up. Aside from the shocking ending, one thing stood out to me. I captured a still from the documentary of the working blackboard. "Ransom Note" is listed. I've never once seen a reference to any such note in either 3 cases. Has anyone ever heard of a possible note?
2jte8sC.png

Nice grab!

In A Deadly Secret when police are searching the penthouse, Durst hands Det. Strunk a "ransom note". It was postmarked Feb. 10, 1982. "It was vague, demanded an unspecified amount of money and instructed Robert to stay by his phone for further instructions " Strunk didn't think much of the letter which seemed to be a prank

Nice grab!

In A Deadly Secret when police are searching the penthouse, Durst hands Det. Strunk a "ransom note". It was postmarked Feb. 10, 1982. "It was vague, demanded an unspecified amount of money and instructed Robert to stay by his phone for further instructions " Strunk didn't think much of the letter which seemed to be a prank

Super! Thanks! I must have missed that. I could never understand why the police didn't think kidnapping as a possibility from the get-go. Certainly, there was enough $$ to suggest it could have been a motive for her disappearance or, more likely, one RD would throw out to deflect . I wonder if this note will play into any new investigation in NY.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back