GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,this makes me very sad I tried to and wanted to look for someone other than the parents first.My mind and my heart doesn't want to think parents could ever harm their own children.But I felt the dogs didn't trace his scent to where he was found.I felt he was put there by someone.I just don't know what to say.It's very sad.

You must have been in my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the your substantial insights and contributions, courtneyb. You've been a trooper and your posts say everything. You have a great brain.

I am just disgusted. Absolutely freaking disgusted.

I wanted this to be an accident, it somehow felt better to be think as awful as his death would have been that he was loved, a priority, a special person with a special place in his parents hearts. Knowing what we know now, it just makes me want to puke.

And, very rarely do I say things like this, but based off the differences in the fathers pictures when you search the inmate search, drugs were probably more important to him than his children's well being.

LE attended the funeral to observe the parents, and by placing their patches on his casket they were letting him know that they knew and that they would do what had to be done.

Placing a child in a septic tank requires the cover of darkness and is more of a male task than a female one. This led me to the opinion that Noah was dead and hidden before being reported missing.

Allowing the parents to organise and attend the funeral was understandable, given that if found not guilty, it would be viewed as inhumane.
Personally I hope the other inmates persecute them, but I admire and respect the sympathy/empathy that LE and fellow members can muster. I am unable to find it right now.

I always feel for the search teams too in cases like this.

How can parents watch while hundreds of people search day and night for their child, knowing all along there not missing!

It makes me so angry.

I actually held out hope that it was only Ashley. There is (or was) a post on Paul's FB when Noah was about the age the baby is now that looks a lot different now that we know he was charged too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Seen that too

I expected this but had hoped I was wrong. Cases like this hit me hard, as I wanted desperately to have children and couldn't. So, so see parents, do things like this, is something I will never understand. Noah you were a beautiful little boy, and I am so sorry for all you endured.

I wonder if they tested the baby for drugs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scarlett.JPG

Scarlett - To answer your above question - It could indeed be that due to interviews etc, that abuse/neglect could be supported :moo: But since the autopsy was not in, they wanted to await results if they indeed want to up the charges

:moo: Seems logical in this case

-never thought he was missing
-never thought parents were innocent
-never thought he was alive Sunday
-they concocted he was missing Sunday, because school was Monday and his absence would need explaining
-never thought there was s nap
-never thought she was a poor, desperately sleep deprived non negligent mom

Totally JMO

Totally agree. Evil, evil, evil.

Here is the code:

A. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 who by willful act or omission or refusal to provide any necessary care for the child's health causes or permits serious injury to the life or health of such child shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony. For purposes of this subsection, "serious injury" shall include but not be limited to (i) disfigurement, (ii) a fracture, (iii) a severe burn or laceration, (iv) mutilation, (v) maiming, (vi) forced ingestion of dangerous substances, or (vii) life-threatening internal injuries.

B. 1. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 whose willful act or omission in the care of such child was so gross, wanton and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony. https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-371.1

The first one does not include a willful act or omission that was so gross, wanton and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life.

Mom was charged with the first one, dad the second. Clearly, there is MUCH more to the story than mom napping alone with the kids while dad is at work.

What did these two do?

Hmm. Looks like I'm wrong. Mom was charged with the greater crime (A class 4 felony). I'm still trying to determine the difference between the grades, A and F.

Also, he would not have received a mug shot for driving without a license, as that is a misdemeanor, from what i can tell: https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-300

I had to step away.

There are some victims that touch me more than others and the minute I saw Noah's little face I knew this would be one I would carry with me for the rest of my life no matter how it ended.

Is it even possible to fall in love with someone you never knew? I think so for the pain in my heart for little Noah is so great that I have cried for the last 45 minutes straight as if he was my own grandbaby.

When I walked away after hearing what I never wanted to hear.. I stood silent by my French doors just looking out at the kids playing next door. It made me even sadder. As I stood there it started to rain as if Heaven had opened up and God was crying too because of the way so many mistreat His innocent little children.

I had so wanted for it to be like many other cases we have discussed on WS where the parents weren't involved whatsoever in the death of their child or children and turned out to be caring loving good parents who truly grieved the loss of their children. But it was not to be for little Noah.

I think the ME probably found no cause of death for Noah to explain why he had died. That is why toxicology is so important in this case and I think they drugged him to make him sleep so they wouldn't have to look after him and he overdosed. Either way that is murder. Imo, one did it and the other one helped to cover it up. Either the one who killed him put him in the tank or they were co-conspirators. They may have forced Noah to take drugs. If he tried to refuse then I think one or both hurt him.:( Did anyone in the neighborhood ever see bruises on Noah?

I wonder what LE has that shows they abused the little baby? I think LE saved this little girl's life by removing her from these horrible parents.

I love everyone here so please don't hold it against me for wanting to cling to the idea that Noah's death wasn't on purpose. I wanted it to be true so bad for Noah. I wanted to believe that he was cherished and loved beyond words. I hope you all understand.

Man ... My heart hurts for little Noah. And for his sister. For their friends, for their community. What a tragedy.

My wife works at a children's hospital as an RN. Her floor gets abuse patients, she said - at least in indiana - there has to be a history of abuse before charges are filed. It could be different when a child is deceased, but usually they won't file charges of abuse and neglect until there's a pattern that emerges.

I actually missed the presser - there are no allegations of murder? Really there are two options I see at this point :

1) it was accidental but abuse and neglect were uncovered and the accident could have been prevented, were the parents more mindful
2) it was purposeful and the parents are being held on these provable charges while more evidence is uncovered

The fact that the story was Noah had slipped out while the mother was asleep, that seems unlikely since the father has now been charged and arrested. He would have to have specific knowledge or involvement, right?

SWVApost ‏@SWVApost 6m6 minutes ago

father "was chg'd under a subsection..that relates to “reckless disregard for human life.” mother chg'd under “serious injuries” to a child

I was taken to task a lot, and I'm sure I made a few "enemies". But I knew poor Noah wasn't being cared for like all of us here take care of our children, no matter differences in parenting style. But I also made a few friends, who have helped me de-stress with some comic relief.. You know who you are, and thank you. I admire those of you that had the lack of cynicism to defend the parents until they were a POI, I really do. I'm going to try harder to be like that. And I apologize for being stubborn and refusing to concede any points. I'd say I was working on that, but that would be a lie... It's in my genes... :)

I was going to say I hope Noah didn't suffer, and I hate that I deleted that because I'm sure he did suffer. I'm sure his sister suffered. I don't understand how someone can do this to a child. I want to take them all in. What's a few more kids when I already have a wild, crazy houseful of 4 kids?

My heart just breaks, clearly Noah had a less than ideal life. I just am so sad for him. I fear what his last day was like.

It's sad when napping for 3 hours was an excuse to make her look like a good mom. So sad.

So many cases of parents being involved in the deaths and injuries of their kids...we see so many here that is easy to recall the ones who were NOT victims of their own family members, i. e the two Jessica's, Shasta. But we lose track, Imo, of the hundreds, if not thousands, of those whose parents (or parents partners) were responsible. Not to mention those children never found. It can be difficult for WSer's who have been here a while not to suspect parental involvement. It does not make us horrible people, Imo...just too aware of the "usual suspects". Jmo

Hmm. Looks like I'm wrong. Mom was charged with the greater crime (A class 4 felony). I'm still trying to determine the difference between the grades, A and F.

Also, he would not have received a mug shot for driving without a license, as that is a misdemeanor, from what i can tell: https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-300

When people are booked they get a mug shot. It's a class 1 if I recall correctly, and they definitely did mug shots for people being booked on it when I was Magistrate. Driving without a license isn't just a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savethedryads