GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, this may have already been discussed..I'm just catching up. So, there seem to be two different mug shots of the dad. One where he looks extremely young. Could this be from an arrest from 5 years ago? I found this..
http://virginia.arrests.org/Arrests/Paul_Thomas_16474277/

View attachment 72206View attachment 72207

Bingo. DUI and accident. After news of the arrests and seeing how they look I had a feeling his arrest was going to be more than driving without a license. Fits the pattern.

In regards to the people saying they want the baby, it sounds ridiculous and creepy, but I understand it. I'm a mom and that maternal instinct just says "give me that poor defenseless child and take her out of that terrible situation! She needs love and a good, stable home!" I would never post that anywhere seriously, but I always think it during these cases with young children and babies. Why don't these people just leave the baby at a hospital or fire station the day they are born and let them have a chance at a good life?!

I'm trying to catch up since the arrest. Question. Do you all think they are arresting on these charges now with the intent to file murder charges after the tox screen comes back?

I know they took the truck and contents. Did they remove the tank itself? I am sure that any drugs and paraphernalia was flushed into the septic. If drugs were involved in Noah's death, any evidence of the drugs or paraphernalia would be of use. Whose fingerprints on the baggies? Whose fingerprints on the works?

The LEOs must have really gotten a good bead on them during the five days of being at their house. I am sure they were encouraged to be themselves with a sense that the LEOs weren't not judging the condition of the place, their use of drugs, their parenting. LEO probably made sure they kept talking about Noah and trying to gain info rather than confronting.

I hope one of them spilled the beans about where Noah was. It would prove that Noah had one parent with a bit of a soul.

It seems the investigation is pointing more toward the mom. I don't think it is a coincidence they charged her with a higher felony than the dad. They may think he is the one that will open up and talk about what really happened.

He may have not been the one who actually caused Noah's death but was a co-conspirator with her to cover it up by putting Noah in the tank.

I did read of another case where a father killed his child and he put the body in the septic tank too.

I don't understand how any parent.... even a lousy one ....could do such a degrading inhumane thing to their own child's body. I cant think of a worse place a child's body could be placed than a septic tank.

Or as most female defendants do she will blame it all on the man trying to skirt responsibility. That excuse has become so overly used nowadays it makes me want to spit nails. But I wouldn't be surprised if she does it and also claims the 'abuse excuse' as well.

It seems women are afforded many more excuses than a male when in truth there simply is NO excuse for what she has done. Even if she stood by and let the dad do it she is still as guilty as he would be. In fact I hold a mother to a higher standard. Moms are suppose to be the nurturer and protectors of their children at all costs. True loving mothers have died trying to save their children. Loving mothers don't do what this mom did to both of her children. I think she is the main culprit in all of this.

IMO

I'm trying to catch up since the arrest. Question. Do you all think they are arresting on these charges now with the intent to file murder charges after the tox screen comes back?

I cant speak for everyone, but I do, MIKA.

I think meth is a problem in every state now. Dn't know if it applies here, but would not be surprised. So many people make no effort to change their lifestyles when they have kids. I just don't get the mentality of thinking you can do drugs and raise kids.

IF Noah ingested drugs while parents were not paying attention, what charges will VA allow? I don't know if they have 2nd degree murder there but manslaughter hardly seems enough. Jmo

I'm wondering if they were drugging Noah and the baby girl with something to make them sleep? Perhaps it showed up in the baby girl's system?

For anyone who was able to find the parents personal FB pages, could you check to see if they are still there? I can't find either.

It seems the investigation is pointing more toward the mom. I don't think it is a coincidence they charged her with a higher felony than the dad. They may think he is the one that will open up and talk about what really happened.

He may have not been the one who actually caused Noah's death but was a co-conspirator with her to cover it up by putting Noah in the tank.

I did read of another case where a father killed his child and he put the body in the septic tank too.

I don't understand how any parent even a lousy one could do such a degrading inhumane thing to their own child's body. I cant think of a worse place a child's body could be placed than a septic tank.

Or as most female defendants do she will blame it all on the man trying to skirt responsibility. That excuse has become so overly used nowadays it makes me want to spit nails. But I wouldn't be surprised if she does it and also claims the 'abuse excuse' as well.

It seems women are afforded many more excuses than a male when in truth there simply is NO excuse for what she has done. Even if she stood by and let the dad do it she is still as guilty as he would be. In fact I hold a mother to a higher standard. Moms are suppose to be the nurturer and protectors of their children at all costs. True loving mothers have died trying to save their children. Loving mothers don't do what this mom did to both of her children. I think she is the main culprit in all of this.

IMO

Maybe they charged Mom with the more serious felony to get her to roll over on the Dad. Make her think that she is going to take most of the blame, and if Dad really is more culpable than her, she would likely spill the beans. Because, you know, "that's not fair".

But how easily she and he forgot about what was fair for Noah.

Kids are so resilient... they can hide the hurt and fear better than any adult I know. According to Angel, Noah was comfortable around her girls and Mark, but, not comfortable with her. I was trying to not get put in time out :) But, what she actually said is that he acted "scared" of her. Which broke her heart because she is the warmest, most sensitive person. Add that to AW insisting that Noah knew better than to go outside and/or off on his own, and that was enough to convince me that Noah was gone and she was involved. Because Noah was always outside alone. I think she was trying to convince LE not to search close to home; that he had been kidnapped, because he would never go out on his own. I'm right there with you, with the anger.

That is exactly what I thought your cousin was saying. There really has to be something horrid going on for a child not to regard both men and women around them in a similar manner, usually with an air of indifference.

There were so many signs pointing to the parents' involvement...the timeline, the clothes, the anecdotes from your cousin, the impossibility of anyone putting Noah in there during daylight hours, the sod issue...all of it. Of course no one else was involved; it was these losers from the get go.

Pictures rarely show what's really going on in someone's life. Heck, look at everyone's FB pages! There's not a stressed, poor, tired, depressed person out there...it's all a show. We were shown pictures of a boy who looked happy, clean, well fed. Cute as a button. What could that photo belie other than goodness and safety?

I am curious about the details and I hope that LE continues to be strong and persistent in getting justice for Noah. As 1pinklilies said, I too hope that an angel wrapped its wings around Noah and protected him.

I think so, personally.

I'm sure most of them mean well but do they really think CPS is trolling FB tonight waiting on the predetermined winning number to pop up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but I do think people genuinely care, and wish they could have taken the baby, and Noah to raise so they would be brought up in a loving home.

Sometimes in some of this cases I just wish I could have scooped up the children and ran as far and as fast as I could with them. Its not realistic of course, but there are good people who really do love and want children to have a loving stable home.

They are just caught up in the sadness of it all I think. Raw emotions pouring out.

He may have not been the one who actually caused Noah's death but was a co-conspirator with her to cover it up by putting Noah in the tank

I tend to agree about the mom being more culpable but they both had to put him in the septic. I am thinking that since the mom was home with him more that her habit (if there was one) impacted Noah more. As people noted he was unsupervised a lot when home with mom.

I was frustrated when people started speculating the excuse of PPD and tired working mom. I know PPD is real and I know parenting is exhausting but there is a need to stop giving people outs for their bad behavior.

The whole favorite boots and card tin thing makes me really sad. They took the things he loved and threw them away with him to hide what they did. If my child died those would be the things I held on to.

Maybe they charged Mom with the more serious felony to get her to roll over on the Dad. Make her think that she is going to take most of the blame, and if Dad really is more culpable than her, she would likely spill the beans. Because, you know, "that's not fair".

But how easily she and he forgot about what was fair for Noah.

I think they charged her on what they know they can prove.

The DA doesn't go around charging people with things he knows he cant prove.

Like I wrote earlier in maltreatment cases involving abuse and gross neglect 59% of the time it is the mother who is the offender. He worked and she was the one there with the children most of the time.

I think she is up to her eyeballs in this and I think LE knows it too.

I tend to agree about the mom being more culpable but they both had to put him in the septic. I am thinking that since the mom was home with him more that her habit (if there was one) impacted Noah more. As people noted he was unsupervised a lot when home with mom.

I was frustrated when people started speculating the excuse of PPD and tired working mom. I know PPD is real and I know parenting is exhausting but there is a need to stop giving people outs for their bad behavior.

The whole favorite boots and card tin thing makes me really sad. They took the things he loved and threw them away with him to hide what they did. If my child died those would be the things I held on to.

I don't think that has ever been confirmed that he was actually wearing/carrying that. Am I wrong? Playing catchup.

I don't think that has ever been confirmed that he was actually wearing/carrying that. Am I wrong? Playing catchup.

No, you are right, it hasn't been confirmed. It's just what the parents say he was last seen wearing and what he may have had with him when he went missing.

If she is charged with murder..........just wait the PPD defense is coming in from her attorney. IMO I thought about that today and if truth is known she has probably been a drug user for years but they will try to hoodwink the jury into thinking this was all to do with PPD. Uggggh.

Not a lot in this is confirmed. But, I would think that those things didn't turn up at the house or we would have had a different description of his clothing and the card tin would never ave been brought up. I could be very wrong. I should also add that the act of discarding him in the septic is so vile to me.

I'm a working mom who is exhausted a lot, but if something happened to one of my kids (even if it occurred while I was asleep), I would not consider hiding their body. Just wouldn't. I wouldn't want my sweet baby's body in a nasty tank. I wouldn't even be thinking clearly enough to function because I would be crying my eyes out. Not thinking ,oh crap, where do I hide the body. Consequences to myself be d****ed, my baby would deserve a decent burial and I would be questioning my own abilities as a mother concerning the other children as well. Total breakdown time. Being exhausted can explain falling asleep unintentionally (if that's what happened here - not sure if it is) but not hiding a body, lying to everyone, etc.

And if the kids father did it...oh he** to the no...he's going down ASAP.

That's just me. Maybe I'm weird.

If she is charged with murder..........just wait the PPD defense is coming in from her attorney. IMO I thought about that today and if truth is known she has probably been a drug user for years but they will try to hoodwink the jury into thinking this was all to do with PPD. Uggggh.

That is why I hope the LEOs on the scene got a good bead on them and their house. I hope the mom and dad got comfortable enough to be themselves. I don't think that days of lying to and interacting with LEO will serve either of their defense teams. To have shift after shift be able to talk about how she could function or what she said or how she reacted is a darn good thing for any defense that tries to assert mental illness or defect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX