VA VA - James Walker, 53, Bedford, 7 Apr 2000

As the day of the 15th anniversary of his disappearance comes to a close, it just brings us one day closer to finding the truth and seeing justice served! JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING!!JUDGEMENT DAY.jpg

http://m.bedfordbulletin.com/bedfor...il.htm?contentguid=pSuurWrP&full=true#display

The children of James Davis Walker want answers—they want the truth of what happened to their father.

Fifteen years ago this week, on April 7, 2000, James Walker disappeared.
The story then was that the slim, 6 foot, 7 inch man rode with some friends to Food Lion in Bedford, but did not go into the store because he wanted to smoke. When his friends came back out, he had supposedly vanished. The reports at the time were that he had wandered away.
But the account of just who Walker was allegedly with and where he supposedly went to smoke the cigarette have changed from the initial reports released to the public. When investigators began digging up dirt on Taylor’s Mountain last fall, some residents of the community initially thought they were looking for James Walker.
They weren’t—they were looking for the two sisters from Maryland who disappeared in 1975 and are thought to have been buried here—but the activity stirred up interest in the local case as well. Chatter on Facebook pages renewed interest among the community; the Bedford Police Department had also begun reexamining the cold case with fresh eyes.

More at link.

I just wrote this long post and it totally just disappeared so I'll try this again...

For those of you who are not familiar with Taylor's Mountain, please feel free to check out my Taylor's Mountain Descendents' Facebook page and look for the videos I did a few years ago as I rode around the mountain. They will give you an idea of what the terrain is like and what the area looks like.

There are 3 roads leading up into and down off of the mountain...Murray Hollow Road on the western side, Cool Spring Road (or the middle road as some of us call it) and Taylor Mountain Road on the eastern side. Some people who live closer to the upper part of Cool Spring Road will go down Taylor Mountain Road instead of Cool Spring Road because Taylor Mountain Road is closer to our main highway, Route 460, which gets us to Bedford, Lynchburg, Roanoke, etc.

Only three main roads is actually a good thing. Now I would assume there are all kinds of side roads, dirt driveways and trails. For those in the area, here are some things to consider. First, do the individuals you consider POI's have or have access to ATV's? Second, what you are looking for are dirt roads, trails and fire trails that a person can carry someone down on foot or on an ATV. On foot they are not going to go very far and not very far off the trail (people are heavy), or excavate a very deep hole. On an ATV, they will go a bit further, but not over downed trees etc. Again, not far off the trail or very deep. There may be animal activity as horrible as that sounds...

On your forays onto the mountain, keep an eye out for anyone who owns an excavator or backhoe AND is friends with the POI's OR can be bought for the right price. Just keep that information in your notes should it become important later and you can hand a nice little list over to LE to save them time.

Keep one thing in mind..you are putting yourself in harms way. Do not go poking around on your own...make sure there are at least four of you. As has been noted here before, we are all only one bad decision away from being a subject of discussion in this forum.

What worries me Trackergd, is on an ATV you can make your own trails. Hubby and I do this all the time. It's not necessarily noticeable either. We usually take our GPS to mark our new trails, so we can pass the info on to our ATVing buddies.

Only three main roads is actually a good thing. Now I would assume there are all kinds of side roads, dirt driveways and trails. For those in the area, here are some things to consider. First, do the individuals you consider POI's have or have access to ATV's? Second, what you are looking for are dirt roads, trails and fire trails that a person can carry someone down on foot or on an ATV. On foot they are not going to go very far and not very far off the trail (people are heavy), or excavate a very deep hole. On an ATV, they will go a bit further, but not over downed trees etc. Again, not far off the trail or very deep. There may be animal activity as horrible as that sounds...

On your forays onto the mountain, keep an eye out for anyone who owns an excavator or backhoe AND is friends with the POI's OR can be bought for the right price. Just keep that information in your notes should it become important later and you can hand a nice little list over to LE to save them time.

Keep one thing in mind..you are putting yourself in harms way. Do not go poking around on your own...make sure there are at least four of you. As has been noted here before, we are all only one bad decision away from being a subject of discussion in this forum.

Tracker, we already know the ones close by who had equipment and missingjameswalker and I have discussed that quite a bit, among other things.

missingjameswalker did a TV interview at Food Lion today!!! It airs tonight on WSLS channel 10 at 11 p.m.

Bumping for this sweet family. You are missed James.

Thank you all I hope things come together soon so we can find out exactly what happened to dad that morning

Bedford Police taking closer look at 15-year-old missing persons case
Apr 09, 2015 10:42 PM CDT

The Bedford Police Department takes another look at a 15 year old case.

James Walker was reported missing in April 2000. His friends told police he was last seen at the Food Lion on Longwood Avenue.

"We try to think about what happened that morning," says Bobby Walker, James' son. "How can someone disappear from this parking lot and not be seen?"

A few days after he went missing, we interviewed one of James' friends who said she was one of the last people to see him. She told police he waited outside the Food Lion while her and her friends shopped.

OMG MJW. My heart broke for you. :tears:

Help Save the Next Girl will be holding an event with family and LE on Sunday 04/12 at the store where James was allegedly last seen:
CLICK HERE for more information

Keep an eye out on the big yellow banners here, & Twitter, soon :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back