VA VA - James Walker, 53, Bedford, 7 Apr 2000

I just watched this video with a clip from 2000 of JA. Wasn't it determined from camera footage inside the store that she wasn't there that day? Or am I confused? Seems like LE needs to talk to this "witness" again.

And this is what makes a good sleuther lol. :)

Has there been any new leads in this case?

Thank you there is new detectives that are looking with fresh eyes . There is some questions that are being asked about what happened that morning. Because the first report was said that Donald and his wife juanita was the only two there that morning with dad but after finding the video from food lion it showed they lied it was Donald Adams rose Dooley and Bruce carter that went into food lion dad was not seen in the video. They stated first dad went to sit on bench then changed stories that he stood beside the car they rode in and then changed and stated he sat inside the car. There was a news reporter from channel 10 that found old footage that shows juanita Donalds wife saying she was there and the fact is she wasn't

Drawn in to read by the WS highlight for this case. Sure hope the "new eyes" and the fresh look at this case will be productive. It's way past time!

Prayers for James and his family, and for answers.

I plan on starting a new discussion on the TMD page this week, gonna pose some more questions and see what kind of comments I get this time. Last discussion had people making some shocking comments. Let's just see what this one stirs up!

Family of man missing for 15 years hopes event will raise awareness
By Tom Wilmoth
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 9:11 am (Updated: April 8, 9:12 am)

... The children of James Davis Walker want answers—they want the truth of
what happened to their father. ...
Fifteen years ago this week, on April 7, 2000, James Walker
disappeared.
The story then was that the slim, 6 foot, 7 inch man rode with some friends to Food Lion in Bedford, but did not go into the store because he wanted to smoke. When his friends came back out, he had supposedly vanished. The reports at the time were that he had wandered away.
But the account of just who Walker was allegedly with and where he supposedly went to smoke the cigarette have changed from the initial reports released to the public. When investigators began digging up dirt on Taylor’s Mountain last fall, some residents of the community initially thought they were looking for James Walker.
They weren’t—they were looking for the two sisters from Maryland who disappeared in 1975 and are thought to have been buried here—but the activity stirred up interest in the local case as well. Chatter on Facebook pages renewed interest among the community; the Bedford Police Department had also begun reexamining the cold case with fresh eyes....

LINK:

http://www.bedfordbulletin.com/content/looking-answers

I really dont understand how a town could sit by all these years and accept this!

I really dont understand how a town could sit by all these years and accept this!

Dalsglen, the town itself didn't sit by and accept this. It's hard to get things moving and get James' story out there when you had questionable people in charge of the investigation. Plus none of the reporters ever seemed to pick up on the fact that the stories they were fed just kept on changing. If they did pick up on it, none of them ever published it in their newspapers or newscasts that I can find. James' story is finally getting the recognition it deserves and our town and community are standing behind the Walker family 100%. 15 years ago we didn't have this type social media to help spread the word about James and get his story out there. There are new investigators on the case and a new police chief who cares about James and the Walker Family and so does this town and community.

Dalsglen, the town itself didn't sit by and accept this. It's hard to get things moving and get James' story out there when you had questionable people in charge of the investigation. Plus none of the reporters ever seemed to pick up on the fact that the stories they were fed just kept on changing. If they did pick up on it, none of them ever published it in their newspapers or newscasts that I can find. James' story is finally getting the recognition it deserves and our town and community are standing behind the Walker family 100%. 15 years ago we didn't have this type social media to help spread the word about James and get his story out there. There are new investigators on the case and a new police chief who cares about James and the Walker Family and so does this town and community.

Sorry, I hope I didnt come across wrong, Its clear you guys care.

Its just hellish reading all the various changes to the story of what happened that day. Heres hoping the new investigators push this, frankly everyone named to be there that day deserve to be sitting behind bars for perverting the course of justice at the least.

Are the people named as being with james that day still living in town?

J
Sorry, I hope I didnt come across wrong, Its clear you guys care.

Its just hellish reading all the various changes to the story of what happened that day. Heres hoping the new investigators push this, frankly everyone named to be there that day deserve to be sitting behind bars for perverting the course of justice at the least.

Are the people named as being with james that day still living in town?

You didn't come across that way, sweetheart. And yes, they still live here with the exception of BC and he has passed away. I just find it odd that not one single reporter back then jumped on the fact that all the stories kept changing. Maybe they just weren't as "sleuthy" as we are here on WS but it still puzzles me that nobody pointed this out in any report.

Its interesting that theres a post on the bedford forum on a site that we cant link that asks if people think the local police are corrupt... shame no ones answered!

Has DA's wife every commented on the fact that she was named as being there that day when its apparantly not true? You would think after 15 years one of these people might have turned on others.

Is anyone here twitter/instagram etc savvy?

missingjameswalker and I are both on Twitter. You find something interesting, dalsglen?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back